You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes

Comments

• edited May 2012
    And so it goes on, BH tourny
    crazykaron Small blind  10.00 10.00 1870.00
    bornablade Big blind  20.00 30.00 1980.00
     Your hole cards

jibbajab11 Raise  40.00 70.00 1940.00
    malcuk05 Call  40.00 110.00 1860.00
    Jony5Spice Raise  120.00 230.00 2210.00
    the-sock Fold     
    crazykaron Call  110.00 340.00 1760.00
    bornablade All-in  1980.00 2320.00 0.00
    jibbajab11 Fold     
    malcuk05 Fold     
    Jony5Spice Fold     
    crazykaron All-in  1760.00 4080.00 0.00
    bornablade Unmatched bet  120.00 3960.00 120.00
    crazykaron Show
    • A

bornablade Show

Flop

Turn

River

crazykaron Win Straight to the 7 3960.00  3960.
  • edited May 2012
    Doubled up twice after this and got back up to 1k, shoved with AQ Dia, crazykaron called with K 3 and hit 3 on flop!
  • edited May 2012
    GL TPT WILL B CLOSING MY ACCOUNT AT THE WEEKEND

HOPE YOU HAVE SOME GOOD RUNNING AT THE TABLES

ALL THE BEST

STEELROD
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes:
    GL TPT WILL B CLOSING MY ACCOUNT AT THE WEEKEND HOPE YOU HAVE SOME GOOD RUNNING AT THE TABLES ALL THE BEST STEELROD
    Posted by steelrod
    Sad to see you go steel.Hope you have fun if your playing on another site.Enjoyed playing with you.jj
  • edited May 2012
    GL TPT WILL B CLOSING MY ACCOUNT AT THE WEEKEND HOPE YOU HAVE SOME GOOD RUNNING AT THE TABLES ALL THE BEST STEELROD
    Posted by steelrod
    That's a shame steel I'll be sorry to see you go. Is this based on a runbad situation at the moment or have you just decided it's not for you? Even though you are a fairly recent addition to the team you proved yourself a good player and an active member of TPT. Your always welcome back if you change your mind.
    P.S.Have a can on me.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : That's a shame steel I'll be sorry to see you go. Is this based on a runbad situation at the moment or have you just decided it's not for you? Even though you are a fairly recent addition to the team you proved yourself a good player and an active member of TPT. Your always welcome back if you change your mind. P.S.Have a can on me.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    hi dagg,jj thanks
    it is based on a runbad dagg 2 month runbad,av enjoyed playing poker with you guys its been good fun and had some good chats made some good friends on here.been playing on here for about 8 or 9 month now,poker variance is a pain in the A S S LOL.I have left a tenner on here and just relized av c4ps to get which is about 9 quid.c4ps you get around 5th so will b here abit longer LOL.might just take a long break and try somewhere else and see what happens.

i will defo have that can for you

gl and hope you guys run good

steelrod
  • edited May 2012
    this is a shame gl steel i hope you come back soon have a coupla cold 1s for me
  • edited May 2012
    Good luck steel and I do understand how it feels with the variance and as it has been said you have already made a very good impression with the team we will be sad to see you go and it is great to see you have a open invite to come back.

Just one last suggestion before you do close your account is that there are a lot of good players on the team and if you did want any help with your play I know there is always someone who would help you analize where it is going wrong as I always hate to see someone who has a good attitude leave.

If not may I wish you all the best and if you do carry on with your poker elsewhere have fun!
  • edited May 2012
    Right it is the day of madness c4p last day so watch out for the illness that some players get by playing any hands just to move their points up.

I was up till the wee early hours on the cash tables which went well and have my chair ready with a feeding hat plenty of cigs and the energy to attack the tables. Oh well better start my long grind to the clock strikes midnight and all the players chase the cash points!

Do not forget if you come across a c4p madman or women treat them like gremlins DO NOT FEED them before midnight with your cash!

Like the tv show once said hey be careful out there lol
  • edited May 2012
    Steel I respect your decision and I'm not trying to make you change your mind but can i just point out that "runbad" or variance to give it it's proper name is not particular to just Skypoker. Also I can name 5 TPT players at least off the top of my head who have been through the same but are profitable players overall. Whatever you decide to do good luck in the furure.
  • edited May 2012
    Steel I respect your decision and I'm not trying to make you change your mind but can i just point out that "runbad" or variance to give it it's proper name is not particular to just Skypoker. Also I can name 5 TPT players at least off the top of my head who have been through the same but are profitable players overall. Whatever you decide to do good luck in the furure.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    would I be one?
    Best thing to do steel is to keep plugging away,  even though i suffer a lot of beats last night proved to myself that I can still get it done and that the swing sometimes goes the other way
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : hi dagg,jj thanks it is based on a runbad dagg 2 month runbad,av enjoyed playing poker with you guys its been good fun and had some good chats made some good friends on here.been playing on here for about 8 or 9 month now,poker variance is a pain in the A S S LOL.I have left a tenner on here and just relized av c4ps to get which is about 9 quid.c4ps you get around 5th so will b here abit longer LOL.might just take a long break and try somewhere else and see what happens. i will defo have that can for you gl and hope you guys run good steelrod
    Posted by steelrod
    Hi steel so i see your on a runbad.There is not a player on this site who hasn't had it,be they pros or just recreactional players it's just part of the game m8.On the up side there is also rungood which we all have had.that is just how poker is.Maybe just take a little break.
  • edited May 2012
    Hi Steel.
    We all feel for you m8y and some of us have been in the same position on many occasions.

Sometimes players cope better by just having a break, other more seasoned players, factor variance into their game and just ride it through, knowing it will turn round at some point as long as you keep playing the hands correctly.

It would be interesting though, to see some of your exit hands to see if we can help you with your game. It's surprising what a little advice from other players can do to help you compensate for the variance. Although we know it will always happen at some point, it does help to be able to change our game to reduce or limit the losses.

If you need a short break, then that's fine. In the meantime, post up a few hands and lets see if we can help you in anyway. Peoples thought processes all differ in some way so a little taken from each piece of advice can bring your game on leaps and bounds.

From what I have seen your game is pretty strong imo and I see no reason why we can't turn things around, we are all here to support you and help you improve your game.

Also - Please don't feel pressured into playing the Forum DTD's Or the Orfordable whilst you are having a downswing. If you are going to play, stick to the cheapy deepies and go back to playing ABC Poker, keep it simple and this will help reduce the losses until things swing back in the right direction.

All The Best
    Pokertrev.  
  • edited May 2012
    Right it is the day of madness c4p last day so watch out for the illness that some players get by playing any hands just to move their points up. I was up till the wee early hours on the cash tables which went well and have my chair ready with a feeding hat plenty of cigs and the energy to attack the tables. Oh well better start my long grind to the clock strikes midnight and all the players chase the cash points! Do not forget if you come across a c4p madman or women treat them like gremlins DO NOT FEED them before midnight with your cash! Like the tv show once said hey be careful out there lol
    Posted by MRBURNS4

• edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : would I be one? Best thing to do steel is to keep plugging away,  even though i suffer a lot of beats last night proved to myself that I can still get it done and that the swing sometimes goes the other way
    Posted by bornablade
    Sorry FD. Just noticed you put profitable players overall so guess thats me out!
    Hope to see some of you on the tables tonight, gl if you decide to play elsewhere. Steel. Like jj and mr b have said (and others) you are a good member of tpt and from what ive seen on the tables a good player. Variance will turn round just a case of riding it out and trying to minimise any losses you may suffer

Best of luck mate, been a pleasuee
  • edited May 2012
    Very true JJ and BB keep at it you know your a good player but I was where BB and Steel was have been and will be again.

Take this month for example I have had everytyhing from the worst day which cost me nr 1k when on cash AA lost 6 x to donk calls with also KJ v KJ losing.

But with varience (and as long as I dont blow it before midnight) in the last 48hrs not only have I recovered my loses but also back in profit for the month.

I notice such a big differance in variance between torny and cash i.e today I busted early in both the 2 and 4pm due to players making shocking calls and hitting the one outers but in cash yes the same happens but you reload and get your revenge.

Now I know cash is not for everyone but one way I did get out of my varience was to go to the double your money challange that is being run. The great thing with moving away from MTT esp isf you play lower stakes DYM is you can run the varience out for low money.

I also got to the stage where I reg with another well know site and put it this way I still came running back to sky very quickly due to the comunity and the nice fact of mainly only UK players which makes the play and banter second to none. In fact I havent even put enough time in the other site to qualify for my opening bonus. The reason I mention this is because apart from a couple years ago when I started playing on the site that is more like a xbox game then poker I started out on sky so I also went though the stage of it seams like its the site rather then the game.

Another way I very quickly relised that its just poker is I love watching some of the games on TV esp the one with the qualif v Pros and you see just as many bad beats there.

One thing I did hear last night was Doyle Brunson also saying too many players now days get caught up in beats v pot odds etc but he said he has gone back to using his gut instint instead of worrying about everything else and that has carried him through for decades.

Good luck at the tables all
  • edited May 2012
    Very true JJ and BB keep at it you know your a good player but I was where BB and Steel was have been and will be again. Take this month for example I have had everytyhing from the worst day which cost me nr 1k when on cash AA lost 6 x to donk calls with also KJ v KJ losing. But with varience (and as long as I dont blow it before midnight) in the last 48hrs not only have I recovered my loses but also back in profit for the month. I notice such a big differance in variance between torny and cash i.e today I busted early in both the 2 and 4pm due to players making shocking calls and hitting the one outers but in cash yes the same happens but you reload and get your revenge. Now I know cash is not for everyone but one way I did get out of my varience was to go to the double your money challange that is being run. The great thing with moving away from MTT esp isf you play lower stakes DYM is you can run the varience out for low money. I also got to the stage where I reg with another well know site and put it this way I still came running back to sky very quickly due to the comunity and the nice fact of mainly only UK players which makes the play and banter second to none. In fact I havent even put enough time in the other site to qualify for my opening bonus. The reason I mention this is because apart from a couple years ago when I started playing on the site that is more like a xbox game then poker I started out on sky so I also went though the stage of it seams like its the site rather then the game. Another way I very quickly relised that its just poker is I love watching some of the games on TV esp the one with the qualif v Pros and you see just as many bad beats there. One thing I did hear last night was Doyle Brunson also saying too many players now days get caught up in beats v pot odds etc but he said he has gone back to using his gut instint instead of worrying about everything else and that has carried him through for decades. Good luck at the tables all
    Posted by MRBURNS4

Cheers mrb. I've been doing ok recently and finished up every day i've played over last couple of weekw. The hands i posted last night were just a way of getting it off my chest. Took the deepy down last night when i was shortstackdd with 12 left and paying ten. Just wish i had the time to be able to commit to building a decent br instead of squeezing the odd tourny in when i got a free evening. 

• edited May 2012
    Very pleased to hear that BB and long may it continue
  • edited May 2012
    steel listen weve all been there i prefer to to think of the times i get lucky that always makes me smile last thursday jj seen a hand i got really lucky aq i had q3 and took a scalp just remember the good uns gl jonny
  • edited May 2012
    Darts has been cancelled so..................LOOK OUT!!!

I May Be About :)
  • edited May 2012
    still it goes on, bubble of 12k satt
    jake62 Small blind  200.00 200.00 12666.00
    GILLIAN Big blind  400.00 600.00 7599.00
     Your hole cards
    • A

tinman95 Fold     
    visgrand28 Fold     
    bornablade All-in  2165.00 2765.00 0.00
    jake62 Call  1965.00 4730.00 10701.00
    GILLIAN Fold     
    jake62 Show
    • K

bornablade Show
    • A

Flop

• K
    • A

Turn

River

jake62 Win Two Pairs, Kings and 9s 4730.00  15431.00
  • edited May 2012
    still it goes on, bubble of 12k satt jake62 Small blind   200.00 200.00 12666.00 GILLIAN Big blind   400.00 600.00 7599.00   Your hole cards A 4       tinman95 Fold         visgrand28 Fold         bornablade All-in   2165.00 2765.00 0.00 jake62 Call   1965.00 4730.00 10701.00 GILLIAN Fold         jake62 Show 9 K       bornablade Show A 4       Flop     8 K A       Turn     9       River     2       jake62 Win Two Pairs, Kings and 9s 4730.00   15431.00
    Posted by bornablade
    BB unless you were already on the bubble and so far behind peronally I wouldnt have got involved with the hand as it was a qualifer, also if my memory serves me right is that player very loose?

I peronally am terriable at qualifers as I find it so hard to not use my instinct to try and win which is a major flaw in my play.
  • edited May 2012
    nice cashes jjj mr b and bornblade. steel mate maybe best just to have a break rather than pack in, you might feel different n a week or so i fact i know you will. variance is a killer espescialy on a small b/roll. but you seem a great guy in the community you would miss it and be missed :). if i can help in any way just gis a shout if you got holdem /manager i can have look see if any leaks can be sorted or do  a teamviewer session. good luck in whatever you decide
  • edited May 2012
    right had a go at 1 of them timed things 710 1 £7.24 and spt qualifier cashed again 3rd place £14. 40 not bad ty trev and jj for rail
  • edited May 2012
    I know how you feel steele - just take a break m8 - it worked for me - £5 - £200 guaranteed

Jeffter

£30 + 12 League Points
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : BB unless you were already on the bubble and so far behind peronally I wouldnt have got involved with the hand as it was a qualifer, also if my memory serves me right is that player very loose? I peronally am terriable at qualifers as I find it so hard to not use my instinct to try and win which is a major flaw in my play.
    Posted by MRBURNS4
    Hi MRB,
    yeah was on the bubble and short
    I was the short stack going into this hand 5 of us left (4 got paid) and he hadn't been playing many hands at that point. I didn't have 5 bb (which was half nearest stack) Thought my shove was good tbh, prev round I'd been put all in on bb and sb but had 62 off both times!
  • edited May 2012
    satted iengy040£39.06 + £48.51 Head Prizes + 24 League Points3 nto the main so suppose got to be happy with the profit but one of these days ill win a race to go chip leader :)     

• edited May 2012
    hi all well done on all the cashes keep it up and gl and good running 2 you all
    and a big thanks to everybody for the advice,i will be taking a break after i get the cash for points.i will be playing orfy 2moz then maybe a week break and see what happens,thanks again everybody and gl all.

run good all

steelrod
  • edited May 2012
    WD jonny jeffter and engy nice cashes.
  • edited May 2012
    Hope to se you back soon steely - wd engy and all the cashers

9pm b/h

jeffter08£54 + £37.97 Head Prizes + 16 League Points4