You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Mr Burns I believe that before the event starts they ask if anyone is a live poker virgin and they spend about half an hour taking you through the do's and dont's of live poker. Trevor has also played at SPTs before but don't ask him about winning strategy. I can't offer any advice as I'm a live novice too.
  • edited June 2012
    JJJAch waiting for the live stream from SPT to start

• edited June 2012
    3 weeks before you go to blackpool soz lol.Mrb in your tartan jim jams, a photo they you couldn't put on here, i hope lol.Gl at the tables guys.
  • edited June 2012
    JJ you do make me laugh but dont forget I am an expat cockney so my photo will have to be me eating my jellied eels wearing my tartan pjs!

Thank you Dagg and dont worry I am sure I know how to lose to bad beats live just as much online lol It was realy just more to do with table etiquete so it is good to know either Trev or them there can answer the basic questions I do realy know but like to just get straight in my mind.
  • edited June 2012
    I hope you all dont mind but as you know I do now prety much play full time. As I am the type of person who has always had targets in every job I have done I thought if I post my target at the start of the month it wil make me focused to achieve them.But as in every job I have done I am a great believer in only setting reachable targets, never easy ones but realistic ones.

1. To make 20,000 cash 4 points on 2000 so far so hope this should be achievable

2. To Stay in top 20 in overall Sky Poker League at moment in 16th place

3. To Stay top of MTT Sky League 1st at moment this will be one of the toughest to reach I think.

4. To win at least 2 MTT min buy in of £11 none yet

5. Of course profit
  • edited June 2012

All the best in your goals i'm sure you can do it mrb.Little one from hi lo thingy. jjjach02£2 + 3 League Points

• edited June 2012
    Think my luck has changed, variance FTW.

Played a £10k BH sat for £1.05

Red_King106802£10,000 BH Semi.

Just as the semi-sat neared the bubble, I pre-reg'd the ME.

Red_King010Entry to £10,000 Super B/H + As you have already registered/qualified for this event you have been awarded the cash equivalent of £22, which is equal to the Buy-in and Fee.
    Don't know if I'll be playing the ME yet, so watch out MrB & j3, lol.

EDIT: I suppose I really should take part, being a ROYAL w/e event, lol.
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes:
    Think my luck has changed, variance FTW. Played a £10k BH sat for £1.05 Red_King 10680 2 £10,000 BH Semi. Just as the semi-sat neared the bubble, I pre-reg'd the ME. Red_King 0 10 Entry to £10,000 Super B/H + As you have already registered/qualified for this event you have been awarded the cash equivalent of £22, which is equal to the Buy-in and Fee. Don't know if I'll be playing the ME yet, so watch out MrB & j3, lol.
    Posted by Red_King
    very well done gl pal
  • edited June 2012
    I hope you all dont mind but as you know I do now prety much play full time. As I am the type of person who has always had targets in every job I have done I thought if I post my target at the start of the month it wil make me focused to achieve them.But as in every job I have done I am a great believer in only setting reachable targets, never easy ones but realistic ones. 1. To make 20,000 cash 4 points on 2000 so far so hope this should be achievable 2. To Stay in top 20 in overall Sky Poker League at moment in 16th place 3. To Stay top of MTT Sky League 1st at moment this will be one of the toughest to reach I think. 4. To win at least 2 MTT min buy in of £11 none yet 5. Of course profit
    Posted by MRBURNS4
    good with there targets matey, ive 1 £11 win and 2 £5 ones this month :)
  • edited June 2012
    Well done JJ and good luck red see you at the FT!
  • edited June 2012
    Well done JJ and good luck red see you at the FT!
    Posted by MRBURNS4
    No you won't, I'm out 5th hand, Q high flush bt by K high flush. :(((
  • edited June 2012
    Nice one JJ and Red

Mr B, hopefully all targets will be surpassed this month.

Pretty pleased at this

67Bhoys600001Entry to £20k Super Rollerjsbarker2802 rio7603
    Won the 20K roller direct

• edited June 2012
    Arrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh, bubbled again £20k Roller frenzy.
    4 left, blinds 20k/40k, I'm only one in the blinds BB, got 20k,
    2 shorties 2k & 4k fold, cut-off with 45k shoves on me with A4o.

Red_King04£13.20
    Why would you shove in that spot?, shorties are all-in next two hands.
  • edited June 2012
    That's it never playing mini or open again, lost far too many hands to idiot donks. Too many fish who think its funny call 6x, 5x and beating aces/ kings with q7 and j6 off, so never playing on here til after 2130.

Rant over gl at tables guys:)
  • edited June 2012
    Arrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh, bubbled again £20k Roller frenzy. 4 left, blinds 20k/40k, I'm only one in the blinds BB, got 24k, 2 shorties 2k & 4k fold, cut-off with 42k shoves on me with A4o. Red_King 0 4 £13.20 Why would you shove in that spot?, shorties are all-in next two hands.
    Posted by Red_King
    Sound like a bad shove to me, what did you have?
  • edited June 2012

just had these in timed thingys

j3ono70008£10.50

j3ono520015£13
    and this in a velocity

j3ono04£22 + 8 League Points
    gl guys
  • edited June 2012
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : Sound like a bad shove to me, what did you have?
    Posted by 67Bhoys
    I was the only player in the blinds due to player knocked out.
    I didn't shove, I was auto all-in 20k in BB, 20k/40k blinds, had Jd2d,
    the 2 shorties 2k & 4k folded, then the big stack 45k shoved A4o.
    I just don't see why, when 2 shorties are auto all-in next 2 hands.
    Almost gtd 1 of them is out vs me in SB, got em covered, or vs each other.

I could only justify the shove if oppo had premium hand and was obliged to call/shove.

Hedley1962650001£20k Roller Semirachmick40002£20k Roller Semistevedtrm120003£20k Roller SemiRed_King04£13.20
    NOTE: FLYINGDAGG, this is re-post of earlier £20k frenzy
  • edited June 2012
    WD j3ono nice cashes.WD bhoys gl in roller and ul redking.
  • edited June 2012
    Notes

Hi guys - just looking for a bit of advice 

Do you use notes and if so what sort of things do you write -personally i dont usually use notes apart from the odd occasion if i notice that  someone does something special or who is a complete a sshole - what do you guys do?

Also as I have no idea what type of player I am, has any one got notes on ME?.  If so I would love to know what they are (good or Bad, I can take it lol)

cheers 

jeff

Ps - I know  I'm probably opening my self up to whole load of ribbing here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited June 2012
    great cashes j3 mrb 67bhoys and redking. just played cash today and was lucky to break even running 3 buy ins below ev. but thats poker gl at the tables all TPTERS
  • edited June 2012
    Notes Hi guys - just looking for a bit of advice  Do you use notes and if so what sort of things do you write -personally i dont usually use notes apart from the odd occasion if i notice that  someone does something special or who is a complete a sshole - what do you guys do? Also as I have no idea what type of player I am, has any one got notes on ME?.  If so I would love to know what they are (good or Bad, I can take it lol) cheers  jeff Ps - I know  I'm probably opening my self up to whole load of ribbing here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by Jeffter
    My opion on notes is that yes I do def keep notes on players except the guys on cash I am playing all the time as you tend to know how they play.

I have found peronally it has won me a lot of chips but I tend to do that with the ultra tight or donks so I know how to play them dependant on my position to them on the table. However for the major of players my notes are kept to just tight,loose, and then along that scale i.e. loose early tight nr bubble etc.

But the biggest word of caution on notes is that I see them as a guide only and I do update them reg as like any database you keep unless its upto date false info could cost you as players are in most cases improving over time and style of game they play will change.

Hope this helps but as its late if some of it dosent make sence just ask me and yes of course I have notes on you m8 but MrB only has one answer to that question that players ask me a lot "when I learn to read I will let you know what they say :)"

Also I appologise for my terriable spelling but when MrsB in bed I am on my own with my dyslexia ( needed google for that one geeze why give us such a hard word to spell come on not funny!!! lol)
  • edited June 2012
    Notes Hi guys - just looking for a bit of advice  Do you use notes and if so what sort of things do you write -personally i dont usually use notes apart from the odd occasion if i notice that  someone does something special or who is a complete a sshole - what do you guys do? Also as I have no idea what type of player I am, has any one got notes on ME?.  If so I would love to know what they are (good or Bad, I can take it lol) cheers  jeff Ps - I know  I'm probably opening my self up to whole load of ribbing here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by Jeffter
    not really mate on notes i tend to scope players i aint played against and put there roi fig on the notes, obv higher the fig the better the player?:)
  • edited June 2012
    £1o,ooo super b/h

A bit gutted  - aq  I raise 7 times blind got called by big stack - flop came 458 - he jams (as they had been doing all night so I call - They show q8!!! - t & r XX

never mind, how it go's sometimes  - just a bit gutted after 6 hours to go out like that

Jeffter04£418.73 + £69.85 Head Prizes + 68 League Points6
    Thanks for the input Mr b & j3- so I still don't know what type of player i am lol
  • edited June 2012
    nice cashes guys

had this and seem to remember my 88 knocking out mrbs 99:)

2300 bh

j3ono 2 £84 + £52.32 Head Prizes + 46 League Points10
    hospital in morning, so gl if your in the super roller
  • edited June 2012
    £1o,ooo super b/h A bit gutted  - aq  I raise 7 times blind got called by big stack - flop came 458 - he jams (as they had been doing all night so I call - They show q8!!! - t & r XX never mind, how it go's sometimes  - just a bit gutted after 6 hours to go out like that Jeffter 0 4 £418.73 + £69.85 Head Prizes + 68 League Points 6 Thanks for the input Mr b - so I still don't know what type of player i am lol
    Posted by Jeffter
    very nice cash mate:)
  • edited June 2012

Jeffter I'm very much like Burnsy I use them for general comments in the most part, nit, lag abc poker that sort of thing. If I come across something really unusual that will get a special mention eg any 2 cards called my 4x pre flop raise with 63 off. I don't know if anyone mentioned it but it was pointed out to me to date your notes. I had someone down as superlag and the next time they were on my table he was supertight lol. Having said all that it's about time I practised what I preach as I don't make enough notes myself. your style of play? No idea mate never played you.
    And very nice cashes Jeffter and J3ono

• edited June 2012
    Very well done Jeffter great cash right I am going to have to win the roller now to keep up with you lot!

good luck on the tables today I asume as it is the jubilee weekend I will win the roller with a royal flush boom boom
  • edited June 2012
    haha burnsey that would be true you:)

back fom hspital nowt new to report!!

Been invited to play THS game tonight by bear-proof hences he's playing ours..

Good luck tonight guys :)))
  • edited June 2012
    Nice cashes all, a cash from todays £200 bh

MADMOO02£25.62 + £9.56 Head Prizes + 16 League Points4
  • edited June 2012
    Freechips came 3rd in last nights 2k hu shuffle :)

freechips103£462 + 28 League Points