You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes

Comments

• edited August 2012
    Managed to cash in tonights DTD3 (I SO want to call it Take on Tikay)

Kiwini4u015£2.44
  • edited August 2012
    steelrod018£1.84little 1 in dtd 2,wd all on ya cashes and gl dagg in last 3 dtd 1.

gl on the tables all
  • edited August 2012

Cash in the DTD1. Great final table  and the last 3 was EPIC. 5 hours 10 minutes of play. Great rail as usual. Thank you guys.

brid19899850001£106.38hullafc802£61.86FlyingDagg03£43.34
    Well done to brid 1989 a new player who I may have persuaded to join us

• edited August 2012
    WD kirb kiwini and steel nice cashes.Hi mrb kind of think dagg summed it up in a nutshell there.Poker is about skill,reading your opponents,and a little luck now and again.What,i think,hepled the young guys come through the game is technical ability but with so much confidence.Confidence plays so much of what we do in life as of course the poker world.That is of course when we're running bad we tend to doubt our own abillity.You've achevied alot in life and  in your short poker life.We all have good times and bad times in life as well as poker.We just need to see crack on if we get knocked to a one outer and sign into another tourney.With life it's just the same,we can't do this anymore then we'll do something else.Hope you understand what i'm trying to say mrb,i'm not very good with words,that's why i said dagg has it in a nutshell.This is just my way of saying gl mrb.
  • edited August 2012
    WD dagg great stuff nice cash.
  • edited August 2012
    taking a break from the tables for a few weeks
    no matter what i do at the minute i seem to get outdrawn out flopped or simply donk called and go on to lose had probably my worst couple of weeks at the tables other than my qualification to the SPT and its now starting to take its toll on my bankroll, my confidence and my self belief.
    i think the only option for me is to take some time away befor i go on tilt with frustration and anger at some of the appaling calls i have lost to over the last few weeks.
    i agree with most that having poor players at the tables should be profitable in the long run however i can not seem to break this cycle of gettin beaten on the river...i even made a spreadsheet to log flips and shoves and was losing around 8 out of 10 all in hands on the river to backdoor flushes or gutshots and this is just not normal.
    i may play the occasional small tournement over the next few weeks but they will be few and far between.
    good luck at the tables guys and ill speak to you all soon
    chris

• edited August 2012
    My Very Last Game Of THe Night

£300 gtd AT 12 MIDNIGHT FINNISHED 3RD FOR £60.00

I WAS KNOCKED OUT WITH THE WORST BAD BEAT OF THE NIGHT. WELL MY NIGHT ANYWAY.

HAND BELOW
  • edited August 2012
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    three33320 Small blind  500.00 500.00 13220.00
    daragh1980 Big blind  1000.00 1500.00 40572.50
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

sexlegs Fold     
    three33320 Raise  4500.00 6000.00 8720.00
    daragh1980 All-in  40572.50 46572.50 0.00
    three33320 All-in  8720.00 55292.50 0.00
    daragh1980 Unmatched bet  27852.50 27440.00 27852.50
    three33320 Show
    • A
    • A

daragh1980 Show
    • A

Flop

Turn

River

• edited August 2012
    Hi MRBURNS. Hope you are feeling a bit better this morning. I read your article with interest and like yourself I started playing poker as a distraction and relaxing agent. Just for fun. I am retired and have run a successfull Taxi business and Tyre and Exhast business since 1982, I still own one Hackney Carriage and have a licence to drive it when I feel like making an axtra couple of quid to fund my Hobby. lol. I have had Chronic Bronchitus and emphazima since I was 40 years old and made the best of it just like you did with your problems. I had a tripple heart by-pass in 2008 and after that operation the Doctor told me that I should be OK for at least 10 years. I told him " im happy with that m8" Getting a bit worried now tho 4 years down the line, lol. I keep as fit as I can and eat healthely. I will hopefully be celebrating my 71st Birthday in March next year ( god willing) . Since Joining TPT and observing some of the better players in the teams and listening to the chat I can deffinaitely say my game has improved and also my attitude towards the game and apponants has improved too. When im playing poker I have one objective to last as long as I can in the tourny and hopefully reach the final table. When im playing poker the whole world passes me. If I have anything on my mind, it doesnt come back into my mind untill I finnish the Game. Just thought ater reading your article, Flyindaggs article and JJs response to both I had to put pen to paper so to speak, just to say to you good luck in whatever you decide and remember for all we have never met I feel I know everyone I chat too on TPT and remember you are not alone. Play through your problems and relax. (Who would think it me giving advice ) A friend Andy.
  • edited August 2012
    Thanks guys I realy didnt expect any responses I only hoped it would help anyone on a bad run to take a step back and find your own weakness.

Dale I set the gallery up so well I was even told the other day we dont need you here and if you do come in please dont distract the staff PMSL Could you imagine me the one who never speaks distracting anybody lol So if you can find a job in my own gallery you have done better then me lol

Coaching is something I do keep thinking about but finding the right character of person to deal with me well not the easiest seach! I did look back at the hand history and just a bad run getting my money in good very high % of time and drown on river which at least makes me feel good that I am doing the right thing as we can only ever get our money in ahead.

Strange how other people see you as I feel I should cope better with my conditions whereas my nuro nurse worries how I cope. When I told her I use poker as a relise/concentrate instead of being told off I was supprised she told me that was brilliant and if only more of her patients would do something like this it would help their state of mind, of course shes never played so maybe the state of mind theory would change if she did lol

Three I love your attitude and now will have to also nag you when I see you at the tables to make sure your looking after yourself lol

As Dale knows I am luck enough to have Elaine who does an amazing job of not only putting up with me but also making sure I am being looked after!

So if anybody comes across someone who not only is a very good coach but could put up with someone as mad, strange and such a luck box like me then would be very interested.

Forgot to post 2pm BH yesterday for £32 and also did well on cash tables closed £329 up on the day :)

Good luck at the tables all
  • edited August 2012
    and a good beat!!!
    montydave Small blind  15.00 15.00 1735.00
    j3ono Big blind  30.00 45.00 4670.00
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • J

H99 Fold     
    bigorange Call  30.00 75.00 1865.00
    5tr0ngb0w1 Raise  60.00 135.00 1840.00
    oldcrock Fold     
    montydave Fold     
    j3ono Call  30.00 165.00 4640.00
    bigorange Call  30.00 195.00 1835.00
    Flop

• A

j3ono Check     
    bigorange Check     
    5tr0ngb0w1 Bet  90.00 285.00 1750.00
    j3ono Call  90.00 375.00 4550.00
    bigorange Call  90.00 465.00 1745.00
    Turn

j3ono Check     
    bigorange Check     
    5tr0ngb0w1 Check     
    River

• Q

j3ono Bet  232.50 697.50 4317.50
    bigorange Fold     
    5tr0ngb0w1 All-in  1750.00 2447.50 0.00
    j3ono Call  1517.50 3965.00 2800.00
    j3ono Show
    • K
    • J

5tr0ngb0w1 Show
    • Q
    • Q

j3ono Win Straight to the Ace 3965.00  6765.00
  • edited August 2012
    It's quite interesting to see how many of us with health problems have found that poker has helped us deal with things, be it taking our mind off our problems or just passing the time. I know without it i would spend hours just staring at a computer screen. Oh wait a minute........
  • edited August 2012
    Enjoy the break Kirbsuk and come back refreshed. A few days break certainly worked for me  and I hope it does for you.
  • edited August 2012
    guys i'm afraid i have yet another gripe with sky today.... at 3.08 i late reg for the 600bh... at the time the top stack was about 2900 so not much catchin up to do... it was twenty minutes before i was put on a table by which time the top stack was over 10000...... after a chat with dan who seemed a nice enough fella i got a refund..... sky say they wait for someone to get knocked out before they put you on a table so beware you could be in for a longer wait than you expect....... i think sky need to change that pretty quick.. 
  • edited August 2012
    There was a thread a few days ago complaining about seating for late reg but yours is the longest wait by far. Although TheDon90 had to wait for 2 players to be knocked out before he got a seat. I think the problem is that the software is unable to open up a new table once the game starts ie if 10 tables are opened then 10 is the max.
  • edited August 2012

FACEBOOK PAGE FOR TPT?
    Trip5 suggested this to me last and offered to help me set it up. Just wanted to guage what the rest of you thought? Is there anything you would want to discuss on a FB page (which would be a private group?) that you can't discuss on here? Feedback please?

• edited August 2012
    Dale that would mean I would have to go through the whole thing again why its not my real name on facebook lol  The only benfit that I can see is if Trev wanted to use it to give out team strategy that we dont want any others to see.

3pm BH
    MRBURNS403£68 + £18.75 Head Prizes2

• edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes:
    Enjoy the break Kirbsuk and come back refreshed. A few days break certainly worked for me  and I hope it does for you.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    thanks mate ill still be about on the forum and maybe play the odd sattelite here and there
    good luck all
  • edited August 2012
    WD three and mrb nice cashes.Gl in your mini break kirb.Well with the thread dale you have spt to discuss for one.Also sharing  woes of sky without fear of a ban.We certainly have nothing to lose by setting it up.Although it's easy for me to say as i don't understand computers.I'm up for it anyway dagg.Trying to get trev on fb may be a hard thing though.Gl at the tables guys.
  • edited August 2012
    FACEBOOK PAGE FOR TPT? Trip5 suggested this to me last and offered to help me set it up. Just wanted to guage what the rest of you thought? Is there anything you would want to discuss on a FB page (which would be a private group?) that you can't discuss on here? Feedback please?
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    Good idea Dagg, not sure how many TPT are on facebook.
  • edited August 2012
    I am not on fb so cant comment
  • edited August 2012
    seems like a good idea i'm all for it....
  • edited August 2012
    cashed in the 5pm game 
    unbpower03£166.50

• edited August 2012
    well thought id play a game this afternoon to see how i ran
    managed 6th in a 5 quid bounty hunter for 11 quid plus 14 in bounties
    currently sitting 5th in the mini so lets see if my fortunes have changed :-)

• edited August 2012
    WD unbpower and kirb nice cashes.Gl in mini kirb.
  • edited August 2012
     Mesage for Kirbs 

after our little chat in the H/U tourney

I raise 3x the ypush with 3 quarts of their stack and  put me all in -  i have 10s  - 

- they show 92

flop comes 10 2 8

great i think

turn 2

River 2

lol - is it ever going to end ???????? 
  • edited August 2012
     Mesage for Kirbs  after our little chat in the H/U tourney I raise 3x the ypush with 3 quarts of their stack and  put me all in -  i have 10s  -   - they show 92 flop comes 10 2 8 great i think turn 2 River 2 lol - is it ever going to end ???????? 
    Posted by Jeffter
    lol sounds familiar ... some outragous play going on today!!!
    our luck will change jeffer i went out of the mini about half hor ago sitting in 2nd in lucky 7s at the mo
  • edited August 2012
    5th in the luck 7s for 73 pounds was a total luck box throughout the tournement so maybe my fortunes have changed lol
  • edited August 2012
    just bubbled in spt quarter final 4th place £43 20 ty for rail jj and trev
  • edited August 2012
    8.30pm 750bh 4th £46.50 + £3.75