You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes

Comments

• edited August 2012
    another 3 rd place in a 15 min timed for 10.67
    just to talk further about what mr b mentioned above
    positive thinking has turned my game around for the better after a bad run i did set aside  a few days off to hope that varience would dissapear and that all would be great again.
    in the end i decided against it and got my head back into a couple of books and got back at the tables with a whole new attitude.

i reread some of the thigs i had highlighted in the mental game of poker book and concentrated on reading about tilt both winners tilt and losers tilt both of which i have sucum to in the past and recently.
    winners tilt took hold a couple of months back after taking down one of the main events ... i thought i was untouchable and as a result was bleeding chips all over always thinking that i was ahead and gradually my cashes were getting few and far between.

dont get me wrong i love to rant about bad beats with the best of them but have come to realise that

1) it diminishes my game further and breeds a negative attitude towards the game.
    2) no one really cares, yes people will understand and offer you condolances and sympathy but really we are alone at the table and the last thing we need to be doing is battling with ourselves aswell as the other players.

i then started to try and win back the money i had lost, this in turn lead to losers tilt. one of the problems with losers tilt is that you notice the bad beats more and you chuck more money into the pot trying to take the big pots down limiting your chances of hitting that final table. sometimes it paid off big but most of the time i was down and never in with a chance of winning the tourney.
  • edited August 2012
    2nd in the £600 bounty hunterunbpower02£100 + £7.50 Head Prizes1 

• edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes:
    A mixed response to the Facebook page so still not sure whether to go ahead. The one thing in it's favour would be that we could discuss player strategies and hand analysis. Like three says we don't want to give to much away on a public forum. One person who hasn't given his view yet is Pokertrev. I know he isn't a fan of Facebook but it wouldn't feel right to set up a page if our Captain wasn't involved. Would you like to give your view Trevor and please don't feel pressured it's totally up to you.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    Hi Dagg.
    Unfortunately facebook is not for me.
    I have many reasons, some are personal and others would take me a long time to explain.

Apart from the personal greif and abuse I have seen given to others who have been members (Friends & Family) Facebook are now licensed to sell your information to Targeted Add Companies, everytime you leave a comment, information from it is sold and used for targeted adds.

Also, I know we can make it a private page for members only, however, here is a TRUE scenario which has happened and you may not have thought of.......................

A Member from a "Private Group" page posted a comment regarding a man who had been killed after getting run down by a train. Another member then "shared" that comment with one of his friends who was not a member of the "Private Group". That member then wrote some vile and disgusting comments (Some of which are too horrid to say) but generally he said, that anyone who got run over by a train deserved it, and nobody really cares etc etc.

The point i'm trying to make is....Even though it may be a private group, if someone in that group then shares comments with their friends then it is out there for everyone to see. I know the above is an extreme example, but there have been many more like it recently, including a famous footballers brother who died.

Facebook has been the creator of many fallouts between family and friends and I can never ever see me being a part of it and I certainly would never forgive myself if I agreed to it and it then caused a rift between members of the team or any of the other teams/members for that matter.

Not sure I want to say anymore than that tbh.

ps. There are alternative forums available.

pps. Its Thursday, so I will be giving Phil Taylor a run for his money Tonight. (No i'm not playing him tonight btw) He will be running and I will be after his money lol :) See u all l8er
  • edited August 2012
    another timed cash for me
    3rd of the day

7th ina 3.30 30 min tourney for

• edited August 2012
    cash in the £750 bounty hunter

unbpower07£25.80 + £15 Head Prizes3 

• edited August 2012

Trevor thankyou for your reply. I've read your post carefully and have decided not to go ahead with it. The decision is not solely because of what you wrote but also based on a past experience that I was failing to take into account. To explain briefly this happened a few months ago and involved a member of TPT who was not on FB. Certain comments were made about a TPT player by someone on FB which I had access to as they were a Facebook friend. They had no right of reply on FB and it got quite nasty. I have no wish to get involved in anything like that again so the Facebook idea is now dropped.

• edited August 2012
    Trevor thankyou for your reply. I've read your post carefully and have decided not to go ahead with it. The decision is not solely because of what you wrote but also based on a past experience that I was failing to take into account. To explain briefly this happened a few months ago and involved a member of TPT who was not on FB. Certain comments were made about a TPT player by someone on FB which I had access to as they were a Facebook friend. They had no right of reply on FB and it got quite nasty. I have no wish to get involved in anything like that again so the Facebook idea is now dropped.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    Don't drop it on my account dale. I aint fussed if you have a fb page but I won't be on it.
  • edited August 2012
    4 th cash in a 15 min timed event 5th for 12.25
  • edited August 2012
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    I may be able to come up with a better idea.

I will explain more Tomorrow as I am at darts this evening.

Good Luck on the tables guys.
  • edited August 2012
    Ok so you now all know who the player was lol. Ryan it's not for your sake it's so that the same situation cannot happen with anyone else. You just happened to be the one involved in that particular case. Plus being a member of the DTD FB page I've seen some very nasty things written by certain people. I'm afraid I don't want that sort of responsibilty. I'm not saying that this WOULD happen if we had a page. In fact I think it's highly unlikely with the great team we have here. I may have a word with Irene and see how their page has gone since it was set up.
  • edited August 2012
    Good luck at the darts trev :)

Now I am not saying we are a team of chatter boxes but just seen the number of post we have to everyone else and considering we are not the biggest team it shows how we are trying to help each other nice to see.

Or it could be Jeffter posting ditto too many times to my cashes lol
  • edited August 2012
    instead of facebook why not just an email address that only TPT members have the password to?
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : I may be able to come up with a better idea.   I will explain more Tomorrow as I am at darts this evening. Good Luck on the tables guys.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    As long as its not twitter lol, I have 2 accounts on that and still haven't got a clue what you do :) Tweeting and following people just don't seem right :)
  • edited August 2012
    Would anyone going to Notts be interested in sharing a room at Premierinn or at a pinch Travellodge?
    Def 2 nights maybe 3. Preferably female and disease free.
  • edited August 2012
    steelrod057£3.21 + £3.45 Head Prizes2 wd all on ya cashes,little 1 from the mini 1 of those river nights.

gl all on the tables
  • edited August 2012
    finished 2nd in lucky 7s for 171 quid, 2nd time ive final tabled it this week :-)
    thanks for the rail jj
  • edited August 2012
    Would anyone going to Notts be interested in sharing a room at Premierinn or at a pinch Travellodge? Def 2 nights maybe 3. Preferably female and disease free.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    possibly mate ill let you know as soon as possible
    i only live an hour down the road so not sure if i will be driving or not depends if im playing the side events or not
    i will be female free well unless i pull a waitress at the venue that is ... as for disease ... does rabbies count?

forgot to mention took 3 bounties in the mini tonight too for 3.65 too
  • edited August 2012
    steelrod10001£60wd all on ya cashes,this site is driving me 2 super tilt.russian roulette 33 quid think time for a break lol.

gl on the tables all
  • edited August 2012
    steelrod1837.503£20wd all on ya cashes,11 quid dym

gl all on the tables
  • edited August 2012
    you will come through the otherside soon steel
    i have found that i am certainly playing a little less aggressivly than i would have previously.
    im not saying i only play only premium hands infact quite the opposite as the newer super loose players will go hyper aggressive as soon as they have an ace and get really upset when you bust them out with a set of 2s or 3s.im certainly more reserved unless i hit the nuts on the flop in which case ill let them take the lead with the betting.
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : As long as its not twitter lol, I have 2 accounts on that and still haven't got a clue what you do :) Tweeting and following people just don't seem right :)
    Posted by MADMOO
    Hi Moo and all.
    Twitter is not what I had in mind.
    When i'm on Sky Poker, I try to be just an ordinary player the same as everyone else in our team. I do not make a big fuss of my daily life because I try to keep it seperate, however, I am a Director of a very successful manufacturing & distribution business, I develope all of our companies websites, advertising, graphics have complete control over our website optimisation.

I am happy to develop a secure website and pay for the website registration & hosting. Its quite feasable that we could have our own private forum attached to the website too.

As owners of the website we can also become affiliates and display advertising for Sky and/or other poker sites within the websites that eventually would pay for its self.

I have alway's tried to be just one of the team, but beleive me, I am capable and have more qualifications in this field than I would care to let anybody know.

If the team wants it, I will develope it. Should we continue to follow or should we lead?

Also, has no one else ever noticed that the sky poker forum is not a stand alone platform? For those of you that don't know, it is (For the purpose of making it simple) Powered by "Pluck" and intergrated into this website.

Anyway, i'm probably starting to ramble about too much technical stuff, but, if TPT want it, I CAN do it.
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : Hi Moo and all. Twitter is not what I had in mind. When i'm on Sky Poker, I try to be just an ordinary player the same as everyone else in our team. I do not make a big fuss of my daily life because I try to keep it seperate, however, I am a Director of a very successful manufacturing & distribution business, I develope all of our companies websites, advertising, graphics have complete control over our website optimisation. I am happy to develop a secure website and pay for the website registration & hosting. Its quite feasable that we could have our own private forum attached to the website too. As owners of the website we can also become affiliates and display advertising for Sky and/or other poker sites within the websites that eventually would pay for its self. I have alway's tried to be just one of the team, but beleive me, I am capable and have more qualifications in this field than I would care to let anybody know. If the team wants it, I will develope it. Should we continue to follow or should we lead? Also, has no one else ever noticed that the sky poker forum is not a stand alone platform? For those of you that don't know, it is (For the purpose of making it simple) Powered by "Pluck" and intergrated into this website. Anyway, i'm probably starting to ramble about too much technical stuff, but, if TPT want it, I CAN do it.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    sounds gd 2 me trev go for it n1 m8
  • edited August 2012
    Sounds like a great idea trev I've got a background in Web dev myself so would be happy to help out with the administration side of things too if needs be

• edited August 2012
    Im for it trev. Can I have a share of the website profits lol
  • edited August 2012
    Hi Trevor bit of a dark horse aren't you lol? Without getting too carried away with this idea how cool would it be to have our own website! Is a website with possible forum too a feasible idea for a team our size? I think we can assume that not everyone will bother with it, much like not everyone in TPT bothers posting on here. What sort of content are you thinking of for the website? With regards to server costs I think it would be fairer if we could possibly share the cost of the website say by Paypal donation. Early days I know but I like the idea and prefer it a 100% to a Facebook page. 
  • edited August 2012
    seems to me there would be a lot of benefit's from creatin our own forum whatever way its done...

TPT has become more than a few lads chattin about poker and trying to improve their game, its also become a place for guys to chat about more general things ie. jason and his health issues and if being able to chat openly  about it helps him i'm all for it and anyone else who wants to get stuff off there chest....    
  • edited August 2012
    Always nice to know we have a techi expert in the team :) 

Sounds a perfect way forward as I dont think anybody wants facebook it just looked easiest way. Personally I am not a facebook fan and have seen my son a victim of what can happen.

The great thing with our own private site it can also give us no team has and continue to make it attractive to recruit more qulaity players.

I dont know how easy it would be but may also be nice if it was no problem to have a poker news feed so we can all keep up with whats happening out there as an idea.

I know hosting costs are small but as you know trev there is still other costs involved and I for one would have no problem making a contrubition to any costs envoled. 

You also got my mind thinking trev about recoving costs being the salesman I will always be, I know google adds can pay small revenues but as there is so much based around poker I am sure we could get some advertising esp if the front page is not locked but leads you to sign in. 

I think also again there are a lot of people in the team with different skill sets you can utalise so that you are not tasking on all the work. I could get one of our artists to spash some colour over it lol 

If either you or Dale do get this project off the ground just pm me if there is anything you want me to do.
  • edited August 2012
    Would anyone going to Notts be interested in sharing a room at Premierinn or at a pinch Travellodge? Def 2 nights maybe 3. Preferably female and disease free.
    Posted by FlyingDagg[/QUOTE

Lol Dale when you say preferably female have you got to that stage where you dont care anymore, poor mrs FD lol
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes :
    Would anyone going to Notts be interested in sharing a room at Premierinn or at a pinch Travellodge? Def 2 nights maybe 3. Preferably female and disease free. Posted by FlyingDagg[/QUOTE Lol Dale when you say preferably female have you got to that stage where you dont care anymore, poor mrs FD lol
    Posted by MRBURNS4
    A Mrs FD? God forbid no! Depending on whether it's a male or female sharer (it's a long shot but I can live in hope) sleeping arrangements will be strictly heterosexual lol.

As for your comment about me or Trevor getting the website going this is definately Trevors baby, I wouldn't have a clue mate.
  • edited August 2012
    WD guys nice cashes.As for trevs idea on website i think it's a great idea.Go along with the guys about everyone paying for it as it's only fair.Of course it's up to you trev,as i'm sure you are a busy man.I'm with dagg i haven't a clue about that stuff but i'll help with what i can.Gl in trev's tourney guys.