You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes

Comments

• edited September 2012
    As you know Trevor decided to give me the free entry prize from DTD. It's now been sorted and I have a seat in the £600 30 min timed tourney to be shown live on 861 @7-10p.m.tonight ! I played a few timed games when they started them but i'm a novice at them. Is there a best way to play these or do I just go for it if I have a good hand? I'm thinking that they play like a dym? Any advice welcome.
  • edited September 2012
    well done dale last night and to idcu too enjoyed it very much last chance saloon tonight for me in spt quallies gl all
  • edited September 2012
    WD j3ono and easy nice cashes.Gl in timed tourney dagg.Trev and jeffter are good at them timed thingy.Gl at the tables guys.
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes:
    UOTE]Nice cashes all small one from 2pm MRBURNS4 0 7 £23.70 + £4.69 Head Prizes 1   I am finding a dissapointing trend and happened today again players who do a bad beat on you or just hit their cards feel new table manors are to gloat or to tell you how you should play the game when they knock you out.  I dont care I stand up for myself but I hope this is a trend we stamp out on Sky as turns a very pleasent site into something different.
    Posted by MRBURNS4

MRBURNS you could teach a lot of players on this site how to play poker so dont take it to heart. They are just Jealous.
  • edited September 2012
    As you know Trevor decided to give me the free entry prize from DTD. It's now been sorted and I have a seat in the £600 30 min timed tourney to be shown live on 861 @7-10p.m.tonight ! I played a few timed games when they started them but i'm a novice at them. Is there a best way to play these or do I just go for it if I have a good hand? I'm thinking that they play like a dym? Any advice welcome.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    Hi Dagg.
    My advice for the 30 min timed tournies is...........................

Treat them like a satelite, the idea is just to survive, however, the big difference is.........Open Shove ALL Premium Hands (You will get called by junk alot of the time)

Fold EVERYTHING else, even hands like Small Pairs, J10, Q10, QJ, KJ KQ and also fold all your smaller connected cards pre-flop.

If the tables not too aggro I tend to flat call Mid Pockets in the early stages and fold them after the first 2 or 3 levels. If you do bink the set, then shove the lot in to any bet.

To cash in these we need to play tight but very aggresive with our premiums, otherwise we will just be leaking chips due to the amount of shoves we will see pre-flop and on the flop.

You may only get 3 or 4 opportunity's to double and multi-player shoves are quite common so make those premiums count.

Best of Luck. 

• edited September 2012
    2pm 750bh 4th £38.50 + £11.48
  • edited September 2012
    Thanks for your advice Trevor. I was thinking I need to play mega tight and be extra aggressive when I have premium hands so it's good to have that confirmed. Is it not worth playing small pairs if the price is cheap enough? ( I'm so used to set mining lol)

Edited to say: I've just looked at the structure and with 5 min blinds and big increases in the levels I guess it isn't profitable to play the small pairs.
  • edited September 2012
    unbelievable 4 heads up games in a row done on the river!!!
  • edited September 2012
    Thanks for your advice Trevor. I was thinking I need to play mega tight and be extra aggressive when I have premium hands so it's good to have that confirmed. Is it not worth playing small pairs if the price is cheap enough? ( I'm so used to set mining lol) Edited to say: I've just looked at the structure and with 5 min blinds and big increases in the levels I guess it isn't profitable to play the small pairs.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    CORRECT - GL
  • edited September 2012
    Thanks for your advice Trevor. I was thinking I need to play mega tight and be extra aggressive when I have premium hands so it's good to have that confirmed. Is it not worth playing small pairs if the price is cheap enough? ( I'm so used to set mining lol) Edited to say: I've just looked at the structure and with 5 min blinds and big increases in the levels I guess it isn't profitable to play the small pairs.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    Hi Dagg

Basically Trev is spot on although I probably play a bit looser than him early doors and a lot of his hands that he would fold early on I wouldnt. -( I like to get a lead early)I play tight in the middle  and then nearer the end when people are nervous about coming away with nowt I pressure them more (but beware the last hand shovers who will just try to double up with anything as they think they have notheing to lose. One thing definite though is when you have the hands be far more aggressive than you even think. in other words instead of 3 or 4 betting make it 6 or 8. people call with c rap

Just remember the aim is to come out with a profit and not neccessary win 

cheers mate

ps - wouldnt call myself an expert in this just suits my low attention span lol
    GL m8
  • edited September 2012
    getting seriously pished off now 4 heads up games and 3  tourneys in a row, gone in with the best hand in each and been rivered in every single one by either top pair and they hit rag kicker on river or rag ace hitting their ace on the river
  • edited September 2012
    wd all on ya cashes

gl dagg tonight in timed thingy,am sure you will do fine,you will know when you get them cards dealt gl

gl all on the tables
  • edited September 2012
    Only one thing to say about that timed tourney. What a joke (you know who you are)
  • edited September 2012
    Nice cash easy

Ok I am 41 years old acting like a kid at christmas again yes its SPT time :)))_)))))))))

Leaving in the morning for my short 7 hour trip down the road :) But want to go now lol

Good luck to all going to Notts and hope we can have a TPT final table. I will play the Turbo I hope Friday eve so I hope to see some of you there. Be good to know who will be there tomorrow to say hi to and safe journesy all

4pm BH

MRBURNS405£27.20 + £35.87 Head Prizes8
  • edited September 2012
     GL to all going to Notts - TID Titans

6pm £1000 gtd b/h

Jeffter01£246 + £180.47 Head Prizes7
    seem to like this one - 2nd and 1st in last two attempts

• edited September 2012
    this is ridiculous i have now played a total of 8 tournos and 4 hu games in each and every single one i have been ahead in most cases way ahead and they have won on the river this is absolutely ridiculous not varience or bad luck for the last 2 i even posted in the chat box what the river card would be as the cards came out
  • edited September 2012
    Very nice cash jefter Kirbs just varience
  • edited September 2012
    very nice cash jeffter..
  • edited September 2012
    MINI SPT SATURDAY NIGHT ANYONE?
     Ok I have this idea for a £5-50 10 seater sit n go (not dym) for those of us not going to Notts. I'll sit at the first available 10 seater at 9pm and you will have to find me (as my find a player is not working properly). Lets see if we can fill it with TPT. Post your interest on her to seee if its worthwhile but it willl have to be first come first served on Sat night.
  • edited September 2012
    Nice cash easy Ok I am 41 years old acting like a kid at christmas again yes its SPT time :)))_))))))))) Leaving in the morning for my short 7 hour trip down the road :) But want to go now lol Good luck to all going to Notts and hope we can have a TPT final table. I will play the Turbo I hope Friday eve so I hope to see some of you there. Be good to know who will be there tomorrow to say hi to and safe journesy all 4pm BH MRBURNS4 0 5 £27.20 + £35.87 Head Prizes 8
    Posted by MRBURNS4
    I'll be there for the Friday game.  Look forward to meeting you and any others from TPT.

Steve
  • edited September 2012
    Very nice win Jeffter,

couple of cashes in the Deep Stacks tonight.

19:45 £100 DS
    Red_King014£1.11
    19:15 £ 150 DS
    Red_King06£12.46
    Out mini, shoved with KK on btn, called by A7o,
    flop QKJ, blank turn, river just had to be a 10, :(
  • edited September 2012
    Nice cash Jeffter. MrB , Redking and steelrod. Cash in the 7-15 deepie

FlyingDagg08£8.90
  • edited September 2012
    21.30 1500bh 29th £9.26 + £7.50
  • edited September 2012
    small cash in the main :) just in time for the final :)

unbpower02£906.75 + £255.75 Head Prizes10
    bad move last hand but thought he was just 3 betting me and hoped i could rep a bigger pocket pair 

• edited September 2012
    awesome stuff unboower!!!! well played
  • edited September 2012
    Flipped varience on its head later this evening
    1st in a 5.50 200 quid gtd for 98.00
    Very happy with the way i played dominated the final table from start to finish
    gl to those playing at DTD tomorrow night not sure ill be able to make it until saturday morning but we will see.
    And good luck to those not lucky enough to make it to Nottingham and who will be playing online  :-)
  • edited September 2012
    Brilliant unbpower and def well deserved. Well done Kirbs and Easy and anyone I missed.

Ty guys for the rail tonight very much appreacated

5k Roller

MRBURNS406£406
  • edited September 2012
    Sorry missed FD and Rd nice cashes guys :)
  • edited September 2012
    WD kirb and easyfix nice cashes.WD mrb another super cash.WD unbpower wow great cash.Good luck in nottingham to all who are going have a great time.TPT
  • edited September 2012
    WD dagg and red nice cashes guys.