You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes

Comments

• edited December 2013
    Hey hitman, was a laugh on  your table monday, wish I could have hung around a bit longer.

• edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes:
    TY Michael, Boxster Dave & admins.. Mon 9-12-13, Team points awarded as follows... Pos PLAYER Team/Ind DTD1 DTD2 DTD3 BEST 2 TOTAL 1 SolarCarro TKP  10+1 91 4 6 10 2 TOMGOODUN IND 29 1 13 14 3 bolesAA HIT-JAMS 8 12 24 10 22 4 penguin7 IND 23 18 5 23 5 TSAAAAR HIT-JAMS 6 21 5 46 26 6 BENALMAN HIT-DONKS 5 8 86 19 27 7 haylez83 TPT 4 9 19 67 28 8 GBUK DRA 3 11 30 17 28 9 LUVBWFC HIT-DONKS 2 7 55 24 31 10 LISA789 DIA 1 2 44 30 32 Win Bonus Point +1,  Boxster Team51 wins DTD1 VWP ALL!!!! Forum DTD Team Result December Week 2 Team               Runners    Wins  TeamPts  LeaguePts HitSquad Jams     17           -            14           7 Knight Poker         3            1            11          6 HitSquad Donks    13          -              7           5 Poker Titans          23         -              4            4 Dragons                 4            -             3            3 Team51                  4           1             1            2 Diamond                4            -             1            1 Ninja Plonkers       1            -             0            0 Forum DTD Team Table December Week 2 Team               Runners    Wins  TeamPts  LeaguePts HitSquad Jams    32            -             17        12 Poker Titans        40            -            19         11 HitSquad Donks   26           1            14         11 Knight Poker         4            1            11           8 Team 51                7            1             2            5 Dragons                12            -             3           4 Team Double         1            -             2            4 Diamond                7            -             1            1 Ninja Plonkers       2            -             0            0 3 Mondays to go, tite at top & middle! All still wide open!! GL All!!!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV

excelent stuff hitman, was a pleasure to play on the same table as your good self really enjoyed playing against many great players, you, pokertrev,geldy,solack just to name a few.

If i could play against you guys more often i could only improve.

• edited December 2013
    Hi all Ive become friends with alot of you guys at the tables (Trev, Geldy, Pokey, K8lou, Larson etc etc) and everynight i always find myself coming back to this thread to see how you guys n gals have done so i figured that if the offer is still there for me to join the team Trev mate then where do i sign :) Played poker for over 11 years now but never been a part of a team and would love to give it a shot and it might just help me focus a bit more and improve my own game a bit. I dont play a great deal of MTTs on here but i always try to play the main, mini and any ukops events when i have the time so anything i can add to the teams weekly total i will post up and if anyone thinks i can offer them any help or advice of any kind then you only need to ask. All the best Kev.
    Posted by Diminuendo
    Hi there, i always see you on 861 always seem to get great results.

if your joining the team it can only be great news for the TPT community, great players certainly help me as i try to learn and improve and playing against better players can only improve you in the longterm.
  • edited December 2013
    Hi all Ive become friends with alot of you guys at the tables (Trev, Geldy, Pokey, K8lou, Larson etc etc) and everynight i always find myself coming back to this thread to see how you guys n gals have done so i figured that if the offer is still there for me to join the team Trev mate then where do i sign :) Played poker for over 11 years now but never been a part of a team and would love to give it a shot and it might just help me focus a bit more and improve my own game a bit. I dont play a great deal of MTTs on here but i always try to play the main, mini and any ukops events when i have the time so anything i can add to the teams weekly total i will post up and if anyone thinks i can offer them any help or advice of any kind then you only need to ask. All the best Kev.
    Posted by Diminuendo
    Hi Diminuendo.
    You are most welcome to join the team m8.

I know you play quite a bit of cash, so any advice you can give to some of us teamies i'm sure would come in handy.

Would be quite good to see you post a few strategy hands up and run through them for us - A bit of a player insight so to speak......your thought process, whats standard/whats not in these situations.....how could we have played it to achieve more optimal results etc. Just about anything really which you think might help add to our game.

You never know, it might also help focus your own game too, although based on the way I have seen you play you probably don't need too much help lol.

Anyway....WELCOME to TPT & Best of Luck
  • edited December 2013
    So who's playing the 10k turbo tonight? 
  • edited December 2013
    Welcome to the team Diminuendo. Have sent you a PM.
  • edited December 2013
    Posted by k8cyke
    i am in 5 times actually woohoo, satted in 6 times so a nice earner to start the night off.

i hope i run deep then i can go in work a little later than normal, the joys of being boss
  • edited December 2013
    well it's my 2nd day back after a few weeks off (running horrible) and i satted in so gl all!
  • edited December 2013
    Posted by k8cyke
    I'm in - gl
  • edited December 2013
    Managed 8th in DTD 2 last night for a £6.73 cash

On a seperate note I owe a fellow TPTer an apology for the horrible bad beat I gave him in said tourney, apologies Geldy.
  • edited December 2013
    £300 Gtd RebuyTournament CompleteFinished at 21:02 - 10 DecRegistered97 / 1000Players Left0 / 971amrees - £122.552brad19471 - £75.683Curt360x27 - £46.874heddoh18 - £37.84
  • edited December 2013
    cashed in the main, was short and got q10 sadly i lost out vs 8s.

haylez83052£36.83
  • edited December 2013
    Nice cashes all.

Welcome to the team eesh, darko and Diminuendo
  • edited December 2013
    Managed 8th in DTD 2 last night for a £6.73 cash On a seperate note I owe a fellow TPTer an apology for the horrible bad beat I gave him in said tourney, apologies Geldy.
    Posted by dabossman

wp & your welcome
    but if TPT somehow don't win the monthly DTD we'll hold you responsible!

• edited December 2013

won a seat in the UKPC semi from a frenzy, same as yesterday, but with a better result today

UKPC semi
    GELDY76906Entry to £500K UKPC Final + As you have already registered/qualified for this event you have been awarded the cash equivalent of £240, which is equal to the Buy-in and Fee.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : i am in 5 times actually woohoo, satted in 6 times so a nice earner to start the night off. i hope i run deep then i can go in work a little later than normal, the joys of being boss
    Posted by haylez83

can you send me your sat strategy guide please

• edited December 2013
    2nd and 4th in the 7@15/45 deepstacks. £17 each per tournie.

Plus i cashed in quite a few Sats for tonights main event!
  • edited December 2013
    Well done on your results lars. 

Youve put the work in and  deserve your success mate.

Youll be leaving the 745 tournie behind soon non?

• edited December 2013
    GELDY's Sat Strategy Guide seems to have taken on a life of its own! It was nothing more than a few scribbled notes in reply to someone who asked for some advice. However, based on the overwhelming demand for it, and to avoid having my "TPT most helpful player's" gong being rescinded I will copy it below. There are different types of satellites. I will talk about the regular semis for the main & 9pm event. These pay 1:5 and are great events. I will comment on my play in the 7pm semi for the 9pm BH. The SPT QF & Semi play like these, so you can practise on these first. Three phases 1.         Initial phase - play your normal game. You are wanting to build a chip stack to help you through the next phases – I’ve been playing the 7pm semi tonight and was down to 1200 now back up to 2400 in the first 30mins – now 3700 as a 1200 stack shoves A7o into my QQ   2.         Middle phase – now you want to tighten up a bit. You don’t need to take big risks to get a big stack as you don’t need to build a winning stack – just an ok one. But note who is already tight and be happy to minbet  them and fold to a raise. Key not to spew chips at this stage. Don’t need to go for the marginal double up. Just broke this rule by calling a shove with my min-raised ATs. Thought he was stealing – but he had AK – I rivered a T – but should never have called - now 7000. Generally don’t call shoves unless you are v strong or they are small stacks. Just minraised utg with KJs. 2 small stacks shoved – had to call the extra 800 they have AK & AJ lol – down to 4600   3.         Generally getting close to the bubble (maybe at the 1:2 stage).  Need to pick spots. If someone has the stack to shove over you maybe better to shove first. Much better shoving than calling. Note particularly peeps who bet fold to raises or who don’t defend their blinds. Stack back up to 9000 from picking up some bets and some blinds. Just had A4 on the button. Shoved and small stack bb calls with J7 and hits. Now 7800 and 7/12 with 10 paid. Blinds 400/800 so cannot just coast. Now have 77 – utg minbets – if it folds to me I have a decision – it does. Hmmm – hope he can b/f – he is a good player so I take the chance. He has AA and sets up so that’s the end of that. Sometimes they do have it. Maybe I should have folded but maybe that’s result orientated. Bubble bursts with a small stack KK losing to 88. Last few bubble can last a while on these so do need to take some chances.
    Posted by GELDY
    good post geldy that's should help everyone
  • edited December 2013

i got s little win in the 11 pound speed game at 10 daiw1590001£196.10evabooblue02£116.60SuperAbbas03£79.50Wacko9004£58.30gazza12705£42.40Curt360x2706£37.10

cash in 55 pound 4000 bounty hunter should of done  better
    Papahaveit09£75.56 + £93.76 Head Prizes4 jonjo75010£75.56 + £70.32 Head Prizes3 daiw011£55.80 + £18.75 Head Prizes1 
  • edited December 2013
    won a seat in the UKPC semi from a frenzy, same as yesterday, but with a better result today UKPC semi GELDY 7690 6 Entry to £500K UKPC Final + As you have already registered/qualified for this event you have been awarded the cash equivalent of £240, which is equal to the Buy-in and Fee.
    Posted by GELDY
    i hope u get in geldy be aware players play super tight in this so just be patient and wait for right time to take chips all bes m8
  • edited December 2013
    WD on all the cashes tonight guys and girls

Sorry i couldnt add to them lol

Try and play the rebuy open today Larson mate cos it will suit your game being a cash player and playing a deeper stacked mtt, just take the rebuy asap and you will feel right at home. gl all
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : i hope u get in geldy be aware players play super tight in this so just be patient and wait for right time to take chips all bes m8
    Posted by daiw

thanks daiw, but i won't be playing the UKPC as it is halfterm and i have family duties
    but i love the semi as an event (nice structure until near the end, and quality opposition which makes for interesting, if tough, poker), and I usually frenzy or sat into it fairly easily. so i just register into the final and take any semi wins as cash

wp on the £55BH - i did rail you for a while but i guess you were on mini

• edited December 2013
    well done all on ur cashes  had a little 1my self, 20 gtd came 2nd FOR 4.00 
  • edited December 2013
    WD guys some great cashes,Welcome to the team diminuendo.I'm hoping to learn something from you.
  • edited December 2013
    Congrats to all who cashed tonight! 

£200 Gtd
    DoubleAAA04£26.95
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : can you send me your sat strategy guide please
    Posted by GELDY
    4 were all in sats.

i refused to fold and luckily i won, full house with 62 off suit worked a treat.lol
  • edited December 2013
    Would love to Dim, but watching the football tonight, good luck every1 playing
  • edited December 2013
    Hi there,

Recently posted on the team talk about the teams on the site,
    A couple of replys have directed me this way and wouldn't mind becoming a part of this. 

(as long as i lay off the CAPS lol)

Looking at the list ive came accroas afew of these names on the tables and would like to get more involved in the fun and banter plus i feel there is many people here that could help improve my game. 

I will be posting a diary sort of thing on my progress as i plan too deposit in january and focus on BRM playing DYMs and help through this would be greatly appreciated. 

Is there a procedure to getting into the team?

Thanks. 
  • edited December 2013
    Afternoon all,

Hope everyone is well, sorry not been able to play DTD for last few weeks, had lappy issues to start with and not been feeling great either.

Anyway hoping to play a few games over the next couple of weeks and hopefully get do a nice bit of railing.

Gl at the tables all.