You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes

Comments

• edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes:
    Hey folks, Larson7 is one of the biggest and best contributors on this forum, and as such is one of the most valued members of Team TPT. It would be lovely if his running mates showed a little solidarity and chucked a few quid into the pot. I know we can bust the £600 mark today! He's far too shy to beg, but I'm not ;)www.justgiving.com/pokerthon Cheers folks - play well and run better! Brian
    Posted by Slipwater
    Hi Slip
    Great stuff...any time limit on when we can make a donation? 

I will be contributing a little into the pot anyway.

Best of luck with this. 
  • edited December 2013
    just been on an registered trev, nice little site u have there,.

looking forward to the monday events and my second week in the orfordable.. so take that down tonight i think...

need to improve my score on last weeks.
  • edited December 2013
    Hey Trev - absolutely no time limit. Well, having said that, I would probably be closing the page by the end of the year, but nothing is written in stone. Thanks (in advance!)

It's almost £650 now ;)
  • edited December 2013
    Won the 2-20 @2-20 today

FlyingDagg 110000 1£22
  • edited December 2013
    The monday night games are thee nuts.

Cracking night of poker all for a fiver.

The monthly team game is a beast too. Deepstacked bounty hunter, bossssss.
  • edited December 2013
    rereally looking fwd too the team game 
  • edited December 2013
    Hi BacNac welcome to TPT. Have sent you a PM.
  • edited December 2013
    got in to the 20k bounty tonight though sat for £1.80 x 3 tonight finished just outside being paid but had a nice little profit from bounties..

good luck to everyone at the tables..

dangerdai076£73.12 Head Prizes6
  • edited December 2013
    well done dagg on ya win well done on ya cashes all,cashesd in the orfy gl chris sill going,ty for the rail tpt

steelrod010£10.56
  • edited December 2013
    Sick exit in 930 b/h - going very well untill ....................

Player

Action

Cards

Amount

Pot

Balance

Jeffter

Small blind

SMANIK

Big blind

Your hole cards

terry50729

Fold

Call

Mountwood

Fold

Jeffter

Call

SMANIK

Check

Flop

Jeffter

Bet

SMANIK

Fold

Call

Turn

·         J

Jeffter

Bet

Call

River

Jeffter

Bet

Raise

Jeffter

All-in

Call

Jeffter

Show

Show

Win

Four 4s

• edited December 2013
    wd steel, dangerdai, ul jeffter that is a sick spot

just reached the last 10 of the 4k BH - ty for the rail Jac (independent railer)
  • edited December 2013
    played a few comps tonight nothing great but here goes.

good run in mega stack, had a decent chips stack all in ak vs qq lost.
    haylez83017

£100 Deep Stack

Tournament Complete

Finished at 23:30 - 13 Dec

Registered
    94 / 1000
    Players Left
    0 / 94
    scarle1 - £53.58
    binrobbed - £33.09
    supercrazy - £20.49
    acer131 - £16.54
    haylez83 - £13.82

Orfordable D/Stack

74th i think was a diaster.

i cashed in something else earlier not sure what it was.

• edited December 2013
    rose 8/12 in m/e if any one is around
  • edited December 2013
    wd steel, dangerdai, ul jeffter that is a sick spot just reached the last 10 of the 4k BH - ty for the rail Jac (independent railer)
    Posted by GELDY
    Been watching the table for a while, you and panov are having a right battle.

Vwp geld, some nerve required on that table.

• edited December 2013
    allytink1960001£453.25 + £301.54 Head Prizes6£57.37daiw02£269.50 + £103.13 Head Prizes3£62.
    1500 bounty hunter

and this was last night 4000 bounty hunter
    aw007234040001£705.74 + £523.51 Head Prizes10£77.06Sir-Gary02£430.51 + £221.82 Head Prizes7£32.81daiw03£265.120£62.10nepzride04£213.36 + £260.16 Head Prizes10 
  • edited December 2013
    some brilliant cashes cashes daiw,geldy and rose very well played hopefully we are just warming up for the primo!!!

• edited December 2013
    morning every1 2cashes fromlast  night 17th in the mini for 13 quid odd sorry daleresults not come up yet and took down £200 gtd for £94.35 ty for the rail dale chubbers rose and last but not least my great friend jj and I believe that was no 39 last night so 1 more for 40 mtt wins onsky gl all today
  • edited December 2013
    WD dangerdai steel haylez daiw and jonny great cashes guys.Jeff not nice that hand.N1 jonny i'm sure you'll get to 40 soon.Gl at the tables guys

• edited December 2013
    vwp rose & daiw

my current favourite tourney, 
    the UKPC semi for the 3rd time this week
    GELDY 5£500K UKPC Final =£240
    also the £4,000BH
    GELDY03£237.94 + £111.33 Head Prizes
    thanks for the rail from the bread & butter independents
    Jac my first railer of the tournament
    & smarr who held my hand at the end
    while the jam was provided by steel, teddy, jeffter, rose, jj, haylez, daiw & diminuendo
    thanks a lot all
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : Been watching the table for a while, you and panov are having a right battle. Vwp geld, some nerve required on that table.
    Posted by TeddyBloat

too true, he was 3-betting me almost every time I raised. it was one of the most difficult final tables I ever remember playing.

amusingly, after getting knocked out in 3rd i was told i'd played s.h.*.t! (not by panov)
    doesn't upset me at all, i know i'm not in their league
    but thought it was a strange thing for a silver star shark to want to say to a recreational player like me

• edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : too true, he was 3-betting me almost every time I raised. it was one of the most difficult final tables I ever remember playing. amusingly, after getting knocked out in 3rd i was told i'd played s.h.*.t! (not by panov) doesn't upset me at all, i know i'm not in their league but thought it was a strange thing for a silver star shark to want to say to a recreational player like me
    Posted by GELDY
    No class.

Thought you played really well.

Panov wasnt just reraising you  pre either, seemed like you two had to be willing to put your stacks over the line to win post flop too. There was one on a K8x flop were to me it looked like there didnt have to be so much as an ace high between you and yet chips were flying into the pot,  you still didnt blink first. I wouldnt have lasted two orbits in that company lol.

Really tough poker, and you added to that.

m sure they didnt enjoy playing you either, they wouldnt feel the need to have a pop otherwise.
  • edited December 2013
    Little cash.jjjach015£3.39 Head Prizes3
  • edited December 2013
    Good afternoon fellow TPTers. I am at my wits end at the moment and the only common problem at the moment is good old me!!!

I am predominately a micro cash game player and having deposited a tenner at the end of may had built this up to £300 without really playing too much poker. All ways going fine until October, since then I have been on a slippery slope since. I currently have about £120 left and I am fearful that I will follow the same old pattern of building a small roll and subsequently blowing it.

So the problem, I currently have no confidence in my game, the deck, lady luck or even Santa. I am playing badly, knowing I am doing it but still continuing. Playing too many hands to try and make back the losses and even when I decide to tighten up, play position and punish the multitude of limpers I end up getting outflopped or the miracle cards keep on coming which then leads me to play like the above out of sheer frustration.

I know that some of you play at alot higher stakes than me and have probably built rolls up grinding from the micros to get where you are and was looking for any advice on how I should be playing to try and restore my confidence. It might be mission impossible, but should you choose to accept it I would be most grateful for any advice.
  • edited December 2013
    morning all,

thanks all for the rail last night and well done too everyone.

had a good wee night for my standards. 

starting br was £16 and finished with £58 alot too me lol

ft at the orfordable and doubled my buy ins on 3  cash tables so a good wee night for me.

how did rose get on in the main?

• edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : too true, he was 3-betting me almost every time I raised. it was one of the most difficult final tables I ever remember playing. amusingly, after getting knocked out in 3rd i was told i'd played s.h.*.t! (not by panov) doesn't upset me at all, i know i'm not in their league but thought it was a strange thing for a silver star shark to want to say to a recreational player like me
    Posted by GELDY
    very well done geldy, i whitnessed what was said, and i for one was shocked no class what so ever maybe you got under there skin a little bit and then that was the reaction.

if the player in question is so briliantly fantastic, would they want recreational players playing not they to scare them away.

anyway you a top player in my opinion and a top bloke long may your sucess continue
  • edited December 2013
    Good afternoon fellow TPTers. I am at my wits end at the moment and the only common problem at the moment is good old me!!! I am predominately a micro cash game player and having deposited a tenner at the end of may had built this up to £300 without really playing too much poker. All ways going fine until October, since then I have been on a slippery slope since. I currently have about £120 left and I am fearful that I will follow the same old pattern of building a small roll and subsequently blowing it. So the problem, I currently have no confidence in my game, the deck, lady luck or even Santa. I am playing badly, knowing I am doing it but still continuing. Playing too many hands to try and make back the losses and even when I decide to tighten up, play position and punish the multitude of limpers I end up getting outflopped or the miracle cards keep on coming which then leads me to play like the above out of sheer frustration. I know that some of you play at alot higher stakes than me and have probably built rolls up grinding from the micros to get where you are and was looking for any advice on how I should be playing to try and restore my confidence. It might be mission impossible, but should you choose to accept it I would be most grateful for any advice.
    Posted by dabossman

hi there, 

ive recently went through the same sort of run, 
    always getting my chip in when im ahead and being out drawn or rivered lol.
    i wass tilting because of this and was really affecting my game.
    all i did was stick through, i tightined my range and worked on my bet sizes, should i call here am i getting beat is it the right time too ship my chips in, and before i knew it my chips werent going in as much as they where before, intead of looking too get my chips in i now look for showdown value when possible
     and build more of a stack before just thinking im ahaead ill get them in. this is helped me not sure if it will you, im pretty much a beginer myself and thats how i got through my bad run.

i play very small stakes but my last few mtts have been better.

25/599
    9/122
    5/111

plus my cash game has improved 10 fold and been running well through DY;'S

• edited December 2013
    Good afternoon fellow TPTers. I am at my wits end at the moment and the only common problem at the moment is good old me!!! I am predominately a micro cash game player and having deposited a tenner at the end of may had built this up to £300 without really playing too much poker. All ways going fine until October, since then I have been on a slippery slope since. I currently have about £120 left and I am fearful that I will follow the same old pattern of building a small roll and subsequently blowing it. So the problem, I currently have no confidence in my game, the deck, lady luck or even Santa. I am playing badly, knowing I am doing it but still continuing. Playing too many hands to try and make back the losses and even when I decide to tighten up, play position and punish the multitude of limpers I end up getting outflopped or the miracle cards keep on coming which then leads me to play like the above out of sheer frustration. I know that some of you play at alot higher stakes than me and have probably built rolls up grinding from the micros to get where you are and was looking for any advice on how I should be playing to try and restore my confidence. It might be mission impossible, but should you choose to accept it I would be most grateful for any advice.
    Posted by dabossman

Hi mate,

Im grinding a small roll up, and have had two downswings doing so. I think uts important to maintain the basics of your game. For example when I first started I was uber focused on being disciplined OOP. but after a few winning months a shifted to focus on sexier things like 3betting ranges and barreling spots. Great stuff, eh. But after a extended downturn I reviewed some games and found I was autopiliting in basic spots, and becoming really sloppy. I hadto relearn what I thought was pretty fundamental stuff that I thought only fish wouldnt know. Shame on me, innit.

Dont focus on bad beats and being outdrawn. Youll notice the runbad and it will exaggerate itself in your mind, youll tilt like a maniac and end up mashing buttons.

This video may help:

Another thing that us massively important is to forget your old broll figure of £300.

Your roll is £120. You know the discipline needed to grind a roll of that size. Youve proven you have the skill and mindset to doit successfully in the past. Get back to the mindset you had passing 120 on the way up; let go of the negative mindset you're carrying on the way down.

Good brm, good decisions, positive mindest. Dont chase losses and spew thinking 120 isnt worth protecting as much as 300.

Finally there are loads of boss cash players in the team.  Post some hands ir record a short session. Im sure someone would do a leakfinder for you.

Good luck mate

• edited December 2013
    Posted by GELDY

I missed all of the bad mouthing mate but you shouldnt let it get to you because you are better than that and also dont put yourself down pokerwise either because you are a VERY GOOD player.

Ive never seen anything like that from him before so it comes as a shock to me that he would do it aswell
  • edited December 2013
    Well done tpt players last night sum gd results who said tht geldy disrespectful that is!!