You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes

Comments

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes:
    I have never had a day like this. Only bright spot I got into main  first allin Sat. And this is how I ran today Into Main Semi at first attempt for £1-60 Out of Semi 2nd hand I played JJvKK 2quid deepie out after20 mins AQ beaten by 53 (he called a 5x preflop raise lol) 1 quid deepie out after 10 mins set beaten by FH Main no heads allin on flop JJ beaten by 33 hitting 2 outer on turn Mini no heads allin JJ called by Q9 Q on river. Add to last nights mega beaten again by a 2 outer and I feel totally pee'd off.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    i know how u feel, and its getting too me aswell, whjat youve had tonight seems to be happining to be nearly every game i play 9/10 im ahead when my chips go in and the worse hitting, i know in the ling run it should even out but doesnt seem to be lol.  my only plus to tonight is the bh game above, and still got called with worse lol.

even cash just now, call a raise with AK.. prob SHOULDVE RAISED AGAIN, but hit two pair only to be beat with 5 7 suited lol hitss 77 on flop  AAARRRRRGGGH LOL 
  • edited January 2014

Well that was fun.  TY to Trev for the entry into the main.

Finished 36th for £39 plus 5 heads for £65.

Sorry to Jeff for the A9 m8.
  • edited January 2014
    hi all tpt ers HAPPY NEWYEAR not been able to play for at least a month now just to busy 
    hope to be back at the tables soon gl all
  • edited January 2014
    WD chris haylez and pomm nice cashes.I tried a few sats but nowt.Played ok in deepy made a correct call on turn but guy hit one of his outs.That's the way it goes.The way i look at it i will win against these guys in the long run.
  • edited January 2014
    Great cashes guys

Min cash 18th in main for £95.98 tx for the gl wishes jjj mate and forgot to join mini :)
  • edited January 2014
    I have never had a day like this. Only bright spot I got into main  first allin Sat. And this is how I ran today Into Main Semi at first attempt for £1-60 Out of Semi 2nd hand I played JJvKK 2quid deepie out after20 mins AQ beaten by 53 (he called a 5x preflop raise lol) 1 quid deepie out after 10 mins set beaten by FH Main no heads allin on flop JJ beaten by 33 hitting 2 outer on turn Mini no heads allin JJ called by Q9 Q on river. Add to last nights mega beaten again by a 2 outer and I feel totally pee'd off.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    Dale i know you had a bad night.Let's put things into perspective.It's these calls which means you ate a winning player.I don't know odds but if you get it in as 90% favourite they will win 10%.So they will win and in those circumstances we can do nothing about it.So don't get upset.We should only think about the hand if we have done something wrong.As i said dale do you want to sit on the table with these guys or do you want to sit on the table with 5 tommyds.Let them have their day in the sun and you can take their chips tomorrow.Poker is a game of luck and skill.The luck part brings the bad players coming back and the skill part brings the good players coming back.I know i have said that before but think it is a good saying.By the time you read this hopefully you'll have calmed down.Martin.
  • edited January 2014
    WD dim nice cashes.
  • edited January 2014
      Well that was fun.  TY to Trev for the entry into the main.   Finished 36th for £39 plus 5 heads for £65.   Sorry to Jeff for the A9 m8.
    Posted by pomfrittes
    well done Pom - nice to see you put my chips to good use -

ps - Dont forget my 10% lol
  • edited January 2014
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    times this by 6 months = me

Getting a bit disillusioned to be honest - Have studied the way I'm playing and can not see anything obviously different to how I was playing when I was winning but now seem to constantly get done by worse hands when being well ahead
    Cant really comprehend how i can go  from being a regular cashing player to being a total loser lol

Oh well life goes on
  • edited January 2014
    A few cashes 

21:30 £11 BH 
    ZOED014£17.13 + £7.50 Head Prizes2
    16:30 £5 BH
    ZOED04£21.97 + £3.42 Head Prizes1
    15:30 £5 BH
    ZOED02£53.95 + £4.40 Head Prizes2
    Good Luck Everyone xxx
  • edited January 2014
    Win in the £400 BH
    TREMAYNE6040001£78.52 + £27.81 Head Prizes11
  • edited January 2014
    Congrats Tremayne and well done to the rest, some nice cashes!

£1k BH
    DoubleAAA02£97.17 + £23.64 Head Prizes8
  • edited January 2014
    I'm feeling the pain Dagg & Jeffter......

I have gone from cashing on a regular basis to getting outdrawn in what seams like most hands.....

It certainly effects your game, sometimes unknowingly and it's really hard to comprehend at times.

Are we doing anything differently?........

Perhaps not in the short term...but I think the effect of constant outdraws effects how we would usually play our game....sometimes we may be just too blind(Sorry for the Pun) to see it, but I certainly think (knowing we could be outdrawn) effects how we play our overall game.

Shortly I will put this theory into practice and play my usual game without fear of outdraws...and see what happens.

Its my Birthday (Today 10th Jan) so not sure if I will be on the tables or lying down on one slightly worse for the drink tbh :) 

So when I'm sober enough to implement my theory I will keep you updated :)

Good luck at the tables ALL.  
  • edited January 2014
    I'm feeling the pain Dagg & Jeffter...... I have gone from cashing on a regular basis to getting outdrawn in what seams like most hands..... It certainly effects your game, sometimes unknowingly and it's really hard to comprehend at times. Are we doing anything differently?........ Perhaps not in the short term...but I think the effect of constant outdraws effects how we would usually play our game....sometimes we may be just too blind (Sorry for the Pun) to see it, but I certainly think (knowing we could be outdrawn) effects how we play our overall game. Shortly I will put this theory into practice and play my usual game without fear of outdraws...and see what happens. Its my Birthday (Today 10th Jan) so not sure if I will be on the tables or lying down on one slightly worse for the drink tbh :)  So when I'm sober enough to implement my theory I will keep you updated :) Good luck at the tables ALL.  
    Posted by POKERTREV

First of all Happy birthday Trev mate, hope you have a good one.

Your right about outdraws getting into players minds mate.

But thats all it is (in the mind). when i first started on sky i had a great first 2 months winning a primo and ukops within a ten day period along with a few other ok final tables but for the past 2-3 months all i seem to be doing is min cashing at best and alot of that is down to being outdrawn in some unreal situations.

Im not gonna start saying the site is rigged etc etc because i know that it is only variance and things will put themselves right when its time.

The best thing anyone can do when things are not going too well is to just put your head down and get on with it especially when talking about MTTs as the variance in those is huge and even the best players in the world will go through very bad spells of it.

The one fact that will always remain the same though is that if you keep doing things right you will always come out the other end smelling of roses.

Ive played poker now for around 11-12 years and in that time it has always been the same so the best thing to do is to make the most of the wins and great cashes when they do come along because you can bet your bottom dollar there is a bad spell of variance just waiting around the corner to come and bite you in the @ss :)

And always remember that when these guys are making the crazy calls and getting lucky v us they will continue to think they are doing something right :)

Best of luck all

Kev
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : times this by 6 months = me Getting a bit disillusioned to be honest - Have studied the way I'm playing and can not see anything obviously different to how I was playing when I was winning but now seem to constantly get done by worse hands when being well ahead Cant really comprehend how i can go  from being a regular cashing player to being a total loser lol Oh well life goes on
    Posted by Jeffter
    Itll just be a downswing mate, concentrate on making the right desicions and not winng ££££ and it will turn round sooner or later as u are a winning player... not that u need telling ofc !!!
  • edited January 2014
    happy birthday trev finished 18th in £1000 bh £10.05 5hp £26.30
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : times this by 6 months = me Getting a bit disillusioned to be honest - Have studied the way I'm playing and can not see anything obviously different to how I was playing when I was winning but now seem to constantly get done by worse hands when being well ahead Cant really comprehend how i can go  from being a regular cashing player to being a total loser lol Oh well life goes on
    Posted by Jeff
    Downswings can be self-perpetuating. 

You stop trusting your reads. I recenty played a player whose notes said he hates losing value with nutted hands, so when he bombed the river on an innocuous board I tanked before making a good call with second pair. When in a losing session those reads and that confidence dissappears. Id have lost that hand in a slump, no question.

You stop value betting. You have AJ on a JTx flop, he checks, you bet, he calls.

Turn is 8. You check back in a downswing. That 8 just screams 2 pair or straight, when it just as likely is a blank.

You stop loooking for value, you allow villains to see rivers.

You dont want to play big pots without having a lock on a hands, you give free cards to people, you stop using reads, you dont bet for value.

These are all things I do in a downswing. They are all things which extend a downswing.  They all involve giving up the small edges that made you a winning player

Mtts naturally have ubervariance. but just see if there are spots were you are autopliloting, or worse. See if you need to just snap out of a certain habit.

• edited January 2014
    Happy Birthday Trev!

Have a great day
  • edited January 2014
    I seem to be toiling 2 at MTTs,

Won't mention the hands, not much point!

Just not going right at the moment.
  • edited January 2014
    Happy Birthday Trev hope you have a good one!

Thanks all for your advice but there's one thing that is really bothering me. The bad beats in the deepies like last night I can deal with cos deepies are my speciality. It's the bounty hunter thing that is really getting to me. Apart from winning a team bh/deepie and a FT in the £400gtd yonks ago my record in them is appalling. Last night the cost to me for the main and mini was about a fiver, if I could have taken just 1 head in the main I would have been very pleased, but apart from 1 early hand where I nearly doubled up I couldn't get any action when I raised pre. I tried playing slightly looser but I was just bleeding chips until I had to shove and got the bad beat.
     I don't play a huge amount of bh's but the best I seem to do is 1 or 2 heads if I'm lucky and then I'm out. There won't be many bh regs that know my game but then I don't know their's so is that working against me? I would have thought my game gave me an edge over the looser players or am I wrong? I was given some advice by a winning bh player to not focus on heads try and buildd a stack and that is what I try and do but it never seems to work for me.
     Any help would be more than welcome.

• edited January 2014
           HAPPY BIRTHDAY TREV.

• edited January 2014
    WD trem zoe doubleaaa and jonny nice cashes.Sorry to see you are having a bad time at the moment trev and jeff.I wont say anything, as dim summed it up better than i could.Gl at the tables guys.
  • edited January 2014
    Happy Birthday Trev!  Trev and Jeff have you gone over a couple of sessions and looked back at how you played hands?  Dimunendo summed it up, but what Teddy said was spot on.  His example of having AJ on JTx you fire they call, turn comes 8, now you check and give them that free river card where now they've got there.  Take a look over a couple of sessions and see if you can find any mistakes.  

When on a downswing it naturally affects the mind and we start playing more passive on future streets as we're scared that they've just hit their straight or flush etc whereby when we're playing our A game we're still firing with better reads.  Good luck today guys!
  • edited January 2014
    Happy birthday suits
  • edited January 2014

Deep Stack

Tournament Complete

Finished at 2014-01-10 18:08:10

Registered
    57 / 500
    binrobbed - £42.18
    pippy11 - £25.08
    haylez83 - £17.10
    staxer120 - £12.54
    george55 - £9.12
    rainman397 - £7.98

well played all.
    i was going well but fell away near the end, but very well played binrobbed much deserved
  • edited January 2014
    Happy birthday Captain
  • edited January 2014
    happy birthday trev
  • edited January 2014

Happy birthday to you ......Skip
  • edited January 2014
    Happy birthday captain hope you have a good one...

not been able to play last few nights.  Thought id try to sat in to 10k bounty entered 4 of them @ £1.80 a go i didn't get through but managed to cash in 2 of them..

RogueCell600001£10,000 B/HunterTheRevenge440002£10,000 B/Hunterdangerdai03£19.80

and the second
    rafzee720001£10,000 B/HunterJIMMYBOY27360002£10,000 B/Hunterdangerdai03£23.10
  • edited January 2014
    Happy Birthday Trev hope you have a good one! Thanks all for your advice but there's one thing that is really bothering me. The bad beats in the deepies like last night I can deal with cos deepies are my speciality. It's the bounty hunter thing that is really getting to me. Apart from winning a team bh/deepie and a FT in the £400gtd yonks ago my record in them is appalling. Last night the cost to me for the main and mini was about a fiver, if I could have taken just 1 head in the main I would have been very pleased, but apart from 1 early hand where I nearly doubled up I couldn't get any action when I raised pre. I tried playing slightly looser but I was just bleeding chips until I had to shove and got the bad beat.  I don't play a huge amount of bh's but the best I seem to do is 1 or 2 heads if I'm lucky and then I'm out. There won't be many bh regs that know my game but then I don't know their's so is that working against me? I would have thought my game gave me an edge over the looser players or am I wrong? I was given some advice by a winning bh player to not focus on heads try and buildd a stack and that is what I try and do but it never seems to work for me.  Any help would be more than welcome.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    wise words
    i can FT BHs with no heads - but win some at that stage and they are worth a lot.
    couple of things to be aware of:
    you will get called lighter so tighten up a little on your own shoving range if there are people left to act behind
    if you want to take a head you need to raise to isolate, otherwise someone else might come over the top (unless you've got the nuts of course)

and just to prove a point i've just FT-ed the Headhunter mtt (no prize pool - just bounties), and finished 6/64 with only 1 head which leaves me at a £2 loss!

meanwhile the guy who just went out in 3rd had none. guess he picked the wrong tournament to go deep in.