You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes

Comments

• edited March 2014
    trem HU in the ZOED invitational

wheels FT of the 7.15 deepie

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes:
    if ZOED's away im having a punt at her speed rebuy tournie: aka the ZOED invitational. gl at the tables all...
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    So did i and i won it
    TREMAYNE6280001£139.70thx for the rail zoe teddy and guy
  • edited March 2014
    Small cash in the 9-15 deepie. Ty steel Martin azuri for rail

FlyingDagg011  £5.93
  • edited March 2014
    19.45 1st march deep stack great game down to one big blind back up to 2nd then went silly wiv k an got called by aces but a realy enjoyable game, might have my lap top back this week i hope  
    WHEELS716104£10.77
  • edited March 2014
    Gj on cashes guys
  • edited March 2014
    hello again team..  cheers too arazi and jjjach hanging around the 2.20 giving rail. arazi was in and was talking at the table from the start was a pleasure getting too know you and talk too at the tables. so im posting here just now seeking advice. there is a nunmber of great players in the team. playing the mega roller tomorrow im looking for advice and tips on how i should approach tomorrow nights mtt. and advice on structure and how i should treat this will be much appreciated. if you could post here or on my diary on the poker chat page. thanks  and gl at the tables. and as i finished this just took a lovely drink there forgeting it was wisky and drank it like a glass of water lol eyes watering and caughing as i type this lol :)
    Posted by Chris_Mc

1. totally forget the value of the buyin or the prizes - treat it as any other tourney - you need to have zero emotional entanglement and just play your A game
    2. totally ignore that there may be some tough opponents
    2. structure is nice and slow, so you can take your time - particularly in the early levels
    3. watch how the other players on your table are playing - who are aggressive and who are passive - don´t waste chips tangling with the aggro ones unless you have a hand you are prepared to go to war with ie can hit big like suited connectors
    4. don´t forget the basics - ie starting hand ranges and position - much more important than worrying about who else is playing
    5. if you are being totally outplayed by someone - ie you have an aggro monkey like mattbates on your left who always calls/raises over you - just tighten up - and wait for solid hands or a table break! and if you hit feel free to raise big and put the pressure on him (although this can backfire as i found out 3-bet shoving my tptk into matt´s AA)
    6. in later stages, if you are scared you will be outplayed on the flop (ie you think you are laying down the best hand post-flop too often), feel free to make all or nothing decisions. There are many that would disagree with this advice, but i remember coming 2nd to sikas in a main event many moons ago. He was super aggro and eating the opposition alive. so i tightened up and made it clear any hand i was in i was happy to get it all in. after a couple of big showdowns peeps start to leave you alone and fight each other instead.

• edited March 2014
    thank you geldy.

this willl be much appreciated and will try too remember all of these points. sounds like i would be doing alot the way i shouldn't.  

thanks for taking the time too write this.

• edited March 2014
    9th in the 4 o clockbh £16.16 1hp £5.63 gl all today
  • edited March 2014
    Nice cashes guys & some good advice from Gelsy

Anyone know how Mattprawn got on in the Primo last night.....last time I saw him he was running pretty hot with over 32K chips?
  • edited March 2014
    hello again team..  cheers too arazi and jjjach hanging around the 2.20 giving rail. arazi was in and was talking at the table from the start was a pleasure getting too know you and talk too at the tables. so im posting here just now seeking advice. there is a nunmber of great players in the team. playing the mega roller tomorrow im looking for advice and tips on how i should approach tomorrow nights mtt. and advice on structure and how i should treat this will be much appreciated. if you could post here or on my diary on the poker chat page. thanks  and gl at the tables. and as i finished this just took a lovely drink there forgeting it was wisky and drank it like a glass of water lol eyes watering and caughing as i type this lol :)
    Posted by Chris_Mc
    start off playing tight. try and find out about much information you can on each player what hands they raising with. what type of calls they make. if you have a bad beat try to play the same dun leave u head go. anyone who do well in this tourney need a lot of luck on they side. it cud start you bankroll off gd luck m8
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : start off playing tight. try and find out about much information you can on each player what hands they raising with. what type of calls they make. if you have a bad beat try to play the same dun leave u head go. anyone who do well in this tourney need a lot of luck on they side. it cud start you bankroll off gd luck m8
    Posted by daiw

ty daiw,

i will be sitting pretty tight too start with i would say, no need to get involved too soon unless i have it... or think i have it.

cheers for taking the time too post.

gl.
  • edited March 2014
    Nice cashes guys & some good advice from Gelsy Anyone know how Mattprawn got on in the Primo last night.....last time I saw him he was running pretty hot with over 32K chips?
    Posted by POKERTREV
    34th, (11) off money, he ran middle set into top set and took a huge hit. Recovered slightly but got unlucky
  • edited March 2014

Hi all, ty for the birthday wishes, hope you had a great birthday too rose. I haven't played at all this weekend as I have been out getting drunk!!!

Best of luck to Chris (and any others) who are in the MegaRoller tonight. Also, can somebody pm me the password for the team game please.

Gl at the tables all

• edited March 2014
    Hi all, ty for the birthday wishes, hope you had a great birthday too rose. I haven't played at all this weekend as I have been out getting drunk!!! Best of luck to Chris (and any others) who are in the MegaRoller tonight. Also, can somebody pm me the password for the team game please. Gl at the tables all
    Posted by waller02
    PM'ed you the password.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : 34th, (11) off money, he ran middle set into top set and took a huge hit. Recovered slightly but got unlucky
    Posted by Matt237
    That's about the sum of it.  my flopped set of 4's ran into a set of 9s on an A49 board.  I put him on AK / AQ and couldn't get my chips in fast enough!  Good chance to double through a few hands later and re-take the chip lead with JJ on an 8,9,10 flop - thought my overpair with open ended draw gave good odds and shoved, but was called by flopped 2 pair. 

Really annoyed with myself.  I was cruising at or around the chip lead - I should have smelt a rat on the flopped set hand, but didn't.  It is how I get out of hands like this that I really need to work on, it's costing me recently.  Any tips guys?

Anyhow, gl to all playing tonight, especially anyone in the roller.  Look forward to catching up later.

Also - rail from Trev, Chris, JJ, Matt, Arazi, Dagg and others was very much appreciated.

Cheers

Matt
  • edited March 2014
    Just won  a seat into mega roller all for £6

dangerdai51277.501Entry to £30k Mega Roller

Good luck to everyone at the tables tonight....
  • edited March 2014

Wd danger and gl.

TY for password Dale, I have replied, I think! My messaging isn't working very well

• edited March 2014
    WD on your cashes guys.WD dangerdai gl in mega tonight.Just bubbled the deepie but arazi still in and doing well.
  • edited March 2014
    Hi all

Well done on all your recent cashes.  I'm going to do something strange for me tonight - i.e. NOT play the £55 BH game at 9pm.  I've won a sat to the Roller game and I'm going to try to concentrate on that.  If I'm out early (as I usually am from this) I'll have an early night and read a book or two!!

Good luck TPTers on the tables tonight - will try to come rail later if poss but it's not as easy on the ipad as it is on the pc.  Just hope hubby fixes laptop for me in time.

Run golden - and cash lots!!!
  • edited March 2014
    well done dai and rose, gl tonight mibu see u at the table.

wd on all the other cashes,

hopefully at the end of the night ill be posting one... not holding my breath tho 

gl
  • edited March 2014
    My first cash for tpt is £11.09 for 6th in the 2.20 at 2.20 lol

Was hoping for better but nice to get one on the board ))

GL to all playing tonight

Daz
  • edited March 2014
    Good luck to anyone playing the Roller tonight, it would be great to see a TPT'er take it down. Xxx
  • edited March 2014
    Bubbled a roller sat and my dads router is playing up so giving it a pass, will be railing as usual. Good luck to everyone playing tonight x
  • edited March 2014
    Wd danger and gl. TY for password Dale, I have replied, I think! My messaging isn't working very well
    Posted by waller02
    None of them are mate. I got your message in fact I got all 5 of them lol. (records 8 but a good try)

IF ANYONE SENDS PMS PRESS SEND ONCE ONLY THEY TAKE APPROX 40 SECONDS.

Which reminds of a story nowt to do with poker but funny. I helped a neighbour with buying and setting up a PC and printer and taught her the basics. So I get a phone call off her saying she's tried to print something out and nothing is happening she's been sat waiting nearly half an hour so I say ok i'll call round. Well everythings connected printer is on and I find a screen (hidden among  a dozen online bingo cards) saying "ready to print". I then find another screen with the problem. She's clicked the print button and because nothing happened immediately she clicked it again. And again. And again. Same doc listed 146 times. I cleared 145 of them waited 1/2 minutes and it printed.
  • edited March 2014
    been my lucky night so far hope it continues in the mega roller

dangerdai600001Entry to £30k Mega Roller + As you have already registered/qualified for this event you have been awarded the cash equivalent of £110, which is equal to the Buy-in and Fee.
    good luck at the tables to all tpters
  • edited March 2014
    My first cash for tpt is £11.09 for 6th in the 2.20 at 2.20 lol Was hoping for better but nice to get one on the board )) GL to all playing tonight Daz
    Posted by _ARAZI_
    Nice one Daz.  We all have to start somewhere. Expect to see you take down a main within a month.
  • edited March 2014

free rolled into mini roller

Mini 10 seat freeroll... dangerdai266206.464Entry to £2,000 Mini Roller

• edited March 2014
    Trev can I announce a new team member watto84 ? Just spoke to him and he would like to join.
  • edited March 2014
    Hello all,

Firstly I would like to say thanks for having me!!

I will try to make a good impression and win the mega tonight... in for £6 so lets see what I can spin it up to!!!

I look forward to getting involved more and having a bash at some of these team tournys.

Glenn

Watto84
  • edited March 2014
    gruntex03£16.32
    Cash in 16.20 deepy