You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes

Comments

• edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes:
    dale can you ring me please have great news
    Posted by FLASHJONNY
    I hope this is what i think it is!
  • edited June 2014
    i dont know what tourneys to enter later
  • edited June 2014
    concon, depending what you are going to deposit, you get the DTD Mondays,

DTD 1 £2.20 AT 19.15
    DTD 2 £1.10 AT 19.45
    DTD 2 £2.20 AT 20.30

Deepstack tournaments total cost a fiver, fun night of poker with a challenging field,
    depending how u go you could be multitabling all 3, if you don't fancy this and only have a small deposit I recommend the £1.10 too get started.

play all the freerolls u can, normally 150 too 300 runners in those and help build the BR a bit plus a chance too get in the UKPC semi's and mini and main event seats for top ten finishes.

for tournaments I wouldn't go any bigger than £2.20 for a small roll.

for sit and go's stay well clear of the £5.50 DYM.S Until you are confident in the structure or you'll find yourself having to deposit again, start at the small stakes and build from there. turbos start from 30p which a small deposit can last a long time if you concentrate on what your doing.

If you fancy cash just start with 1 table of 4nl which is 2p 4p, don't try anything fancy at this level just solid ABC poker playing position with a limited hand range, if your unsure fold!!!!!
  • edited June 2014
    thanks chris for the reply.

i am only gonna deposit £10 tonight.

i am a good solid player myself but after watching you yesterday i know i have to step it up a gear. what tournaments are you entering tonight mate? 
    i usually play dym but relised as soon as you win one you start to loose it all. 
    Would you be able to give me advice for what tournaments and what i should be aiming for by the end of tonight,

thanks
  • edited June 2014
    Spoke to jonny and eveerythings bonny he's playing DTD tonight. So good luck jonny and good luck the team.
  • edited June 2014
    id start with the DTD's or some bounty hunters and try and get some head prizes but the normally start around the £5.50 mark, so u could only do one, prob go for the dtd option and see how u go, there is much better people for advice than me, I've only started taking BRM more seriously (bank roll management) and deposited £60 in February and spun up from there, it took time tho, what I found myself as depositing 10 or 20 or 5 here and there adds up over time and I never withdrew any of my winnings, instead I would use them too try and sat into a main event or an spt,

I've learned from the regs on here TPT have a fantastic range of players ready too answer any questions u have,
    watch the live shows. you well learn a lot through the sky TV channel from the pros that go on. Tuesdays Thursdays and Sundays.

some don't like to play on sky but will always be on the forum, I find it fantastic a great bunch of people and any question is answered quickly.

what do like to play... try and stick too one type of game (which I don't really) when your initially trying to spin up. cash SnG or MTT.

can u only deposit 10 for now and more another time if u have too, it can be hard too work with but people have started with freerolls and spun it into 1000+ quid.

if u are after fun and enjoyment tonight play the DTD'S and run good!!
    if more serious stick with your DYM's 2 tables small stakes and take your time. (will post a link to a blog for you )
    or try cash, prob the best way too spin up but just solid ABC poker mate.

• edited June 2014
    hello dagg do u think i should enter the dtd?
  • edited June 2014
    hello dagg do u think i should enter the dtd?
    Posted by concon12
    Not at this stage. I'm in the process of writing a longer reply to you
  • edited June 2014
    Yay Jonnys back. :-D
  • edited June 2014
    thanks chris for the reply and flyingdagg. 

would anyone be able to give me any aims at all? im only young but wanna earn experience but wanna earn money out of it too. what do you think i should look at earning if started with a £10?

thanks
  • edited June 2014
    The ABC of DYM's, by "JOHNCONNOR"  have a read if u like your DYM'S concon
  • edited June 2014
    i had a good read on that chris. but i tend to like to do the tourneys if possible. i think its best if i try out all 3 of the tourneys tonight and see how i get on. you just dont know what happeens on the day
  • edited June 2014
    flyingdagg your writing me a loveletter or something lol?
  • edited June 2014
    flyingdagg your writing me a loveletter or something lol?
    Posted by concon12
    the force is strong with this one. build it and they will come!!!
  • edited June 2014
    ok chris 

you taking part in the dtd?
  • edited June 2014
    yeah will be. not played the DTD's in a while.
  • edited June 2014
    thanks chris for the reply. i am only gonna deposit £10 tonight. i am a good solid player myself but after watching you yesterday i know i have to step it up a gear. what tournaments are you entering tonight mate?  i usually play dym but relised as soon as you win one you start to loose it all.  Would you be able to give me advice for what tournaments and what i should be aiming for by the end of tonight, thanks
    Posted by concon12

From your posts I gather your quite new to poker so please don't try to run before you can walk. It sounds as if your thinking of entering DTD. It's a tough set of tourneys to play with very good players and to be honest it's highly unlikely you would cash. And that's not to criticise your game i'm just stating the facts. I would however consider playing just the 7-45 deepstack with a £1-10 buy in to find out if the format suits you. But it's entirely up to you. As you have poker points too from your DYMs I would try the freerolls too. If you find you prefer to play the DYMs then stick to those. The golden rule is poker is there to be ENJOYED, at this stage any profit is a bonus.

I have just looked at your stats on sharkscope and it seems you play quite a few £20 dyms. I'm not sure how much bankroll is recommended for these but personally I would be looking a minimum of £400. What worries me is that you say you are going to deposit £10 today so I get the impression that you stick a 20 in your account and bang it on a dym hoping to spin it up. This isn't the ideal way to play poker and I apologise if I have got this wrong. To play tournaments I would be lookiing at 40 buy ins minimum.

As Chris says you should be playing ABC poker until you have the experience to adjust your game. Make notes on players, maybe invest some time on watching videos for poker strategy (there's loads on Utube)and Sky channel 861 is worth watching for good advice.

I guess after all this we have to put you in TPT lol so I'll be sending you a private message with details of a couple of things when Trevor confirms it.
  • edited June 2014
    thanks mate, i very enjoyed the read. i am gonna enter all 3 of the dtd for today and thats all i am gonna take part. i think dym i was loosing money for fun even when i had AA against an all in of j10 and he managed to hit a straight, ever since i took a break from poker,and have not enjoyed the fun of dym.

So tonight my plan is to deposit £10 onto the site and play all 3 dtd and see how it goes. 

i would love to be a member of the team as i already built a friendship with couple people in the team.

loooking forward for the confirm
  • edited June 2014
    thanks mate, i very enjoyed the read. i am gonna enter all 3 of the dtd for today and thats all i am gonna take part. i think dym i was loosing money for fun even when i had AA against an all in of j10 and he managed to hit a straight, ever since i took a break from poker,and have not enjoyed the fun of dym. So tonight my plan is to deposit £10 onto the site and play all 3 dtd and see how it goes.  i would love to be a member of the team as i already built a friendship with couple people in the team. loooking forward for the confirm
    Posted by concon12
    OK I'll jump Trevors gun and say welcome to TPT your in. As well as registering for DTD games in the lobby you need to post on THIS thread and you can post as a TPT player. Trevor will be doing his usual DTD links post later.
  • edited June 2014
    welcome to the team concon, gl in the dtd's tonight remember to post your name and team
  • edited June 2014
    thankyou all. 

thanks for the warm welcoming and i hope i do tpt proud and myself proud. 

come on TPT!
  • edited June 2014

GL All in the DTD'S tonight, off too pick up the long haired general from work then relax miby catch up game of thrones.

my daily link is up in the poker chat section be sure too check it out!!!!

todays subject hollywooding!!!

gl

• edited June 2014
    welcome to this team concon hope you get a good time with poker
  • edited June 2014
    As some of you already know, I'm back from my 5 month leave from Sky Poker. What's been going on in TPT?
  • edited June 2014
    I joined and started crushing everything ;-)
  • edited June 2014
    Welcome back greggo, and welcome to the team concon very best of luck in dtds tonight hope to meet you on the final table....
    Come on tpters lets take them down....
  • edited June 2014
    I joined and started crushing everything ;-)
    Posted by Matt237
    Haha I wish I had joined before you then haha
  • edited June 2014
    now playing £5.50 DYM on day 1 at this team and only made a deposit of £9
  • edited June 2014
    WELCOME TO THE TEAM CONCON12 GL TONIGHT
  • edited June 2014
    Here's your links for tonights DTD

DTD1

DTD2

DTD3

And don't forget to post your interest on this thread HERE

Good luck all especially concon our newest member and playing DTD for the first time. If you see him on your table please say hi and make him feel welcome. And to flashjonny who threw his toys out of pram briefly and is playing tonight.

Play good, run good and hopefully we can get a result. Come on TPT!