You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes

Comments

• edited January 2015
    yeeha Rose
    vwp
    ROOSSSEEEE FTW
  • edited January 2015
    Well done rose!!!! Best of luck in Nottingham, have a great time!
  • edited January 2015
    Had to share this hand from the £1500 BH.

Hand History #866987926 (20:08 27/01/2015)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    B1enjiiSmall blind 100.00100.009117.50
    Sash12Big blind 200.00300.00715.00
     Your hole cards   
    ScottieUKFold    
    ellopsyFold    
    bidsCall 200.00500.001200.00
    https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/hhdealer.gif') 100% 100% no-repeat transparent" class="dealer">dancey07Call 200.00700.007137.50
    B1enjiiCall 100.00800.009017.50
    Sash12Check    
    Flop

• https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/club.gif'); background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat" class="club">6
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/heart.gif'); background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat" class="heart">4
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/heart.gif'); background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat" class="heart">9

B1enjiiCheck    
    Sash12Bet 400.001200.00315.00
    bidsRaise 800.002000.00400.00
    dancey07Call 800.002800.006337.50
    B1enjiiRaise 1600.004400.007417.50
    Sash12All-in 315.004715.000.00
    bidsAll-in 400.005115.000.00
    dancey07All-in 6337.5011452.500.00
    B1enjiiCall 5537.5016990.001880.00
    B1enjiiShow
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/diamond.gif'); background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat" class="diamond">4
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/spade.gif'); background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat" class="spade">4

Sash12Show   
    bidsShow
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/diamond.gif'); background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat" class="diamond">Q
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/club.gif'); background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat" class="club">Q

dancey07Show   
    Turn

• https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/heart.gif'); background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat" class="heart">10

River

B1enjiiWinThree 4s16990.00 18870.00
  • edited January 2015
    Hi all

Thanks for all your kind words re the UKPC game.  I'm really honestly truely excited about it - but at the same time I'm terrified!!!  I've decided I'll play it for fun and just think of the buy in as being £10.50 which was the cost of the qtr final buy in.  I still can't believe that I managed to win a seat from the qtr final, semi final and final itself all on the same night - must have been in "THE ZONE" at the time - but I've well and truely lost the rythym since lol.  

Hopefully some more TPTers will be there aswell.

Well done on all your results this week - nice to see you cashing.

Now - run golden all xxxxx
  • edited January 2015
    Bubbled.

B1enjii07£31.20 + £35.37 Head Prizes13£14.23
  • edited January 2015
    well done rose i would love to go but its to much for me to buy in how much did it cost you witht he satelites thanks
  • edited January 2015
    you must be really good to satellite into this big tourney!
  • edited January 2015
    rose i keep on bubbling the 55 quid sat i must have a record on sky have you got any tips how to play the sat games
  • edited January 2015
    1 prize today
    Bodie66062£5.830 
    craigcu12063£5.83 + £5.64 Head Prizes3 
    potter772064£5.83 + £1.88 Head Prizes
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes:
    rose i keep on bubbling the 55 quid sat i must have a record on sky have you got any tips how to play the sat games
    Posted by natry20111
    i've improved alot recently in sats, what i find is that if you've got a large stack, you should do some bullying to those who have short stacks in the SB and BB when OTB, the difference being that if they go all in, in these MTTs you should then fold most hands (even hands like 1010 or AQ), the only time to really call is if your stack were 4x as big or they just had 4BB.

when your a short stack yourself that is another time when shoving can be easier to chip build, short stacks tend to be more chip preservative as the bubble is coming, so normally they'll call much less than what they might in a standard MTT.
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : i've improved alot recently in sats, what i find is that if you've got a large stack, you should do some bullying to those who have short stacks in the SB and BB when OTB, the difference being that if they go all in, in these MTTs you should then fold most hands (even hands like 1010 or AQ), the only time to really call is if your stack were 4x as big or they just had 4BB. when your a short stack yourself that is another time when shoving can be easier to chip build, short stacks tend to be more chip preservative as the bubble is coming, so normally they'll call much less than what they might in a standard MTT.
    Posted by craigcu12
    thank you i must have the record on here for bubbling in tht sat
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : thank you i must have the record on here for bubbling in tht sat
    Posted by natry20111
    I'm pretty sure I already hold that tbh :) but I have had one or two succeses along the way, but it did take me a while.

Which sat/time & buy-in are you entering into? cause some are easier than others imo.
  • edited January 2015
    HENDRIK621435371£1Mil UKPC Semi
    london22108999.162£1Mil UKPC Semi
    _All_In_74390.503£1Mil UKPC Semi
    Cashed out the £48.00 from the nightly freeroll, one day I might even try and play the semi....be great to get all the way thru (need to speak to Rose and ask how its done) 
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : I'm pretty sure I already hold that tbh :) but I have had one or two succeses along the way, but it did take me a while. Which sat/time & buy-in are you entering into? cause some are easier than others imo.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    just played the 8.30 one and i bubbled again unreal this
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : can't say i've changed much how i play them so i guess my sat strategy guide still holds (previous copy Dec 2013) GELDY's Sat Strategy Guide seems to have taken on a life of its own! It was nothing more than a few scribbled notes in reply to someone who asked for some advice. However, based on the overwhelming demand for it, and to avoid having my "TPT most helpful player's" gong being rescinded I will copy it below. There are different types of satellites. I will talk about the regular semis for the main & 9pm event. These pay 1:5 and are great events. I will comment on my play in the 7pm semi for the 9pm BH. The SPT QF & Semi play like these, so you can practise on these first. Three phases 1.         Initial phase - play your normal game. You are wanting to build a chip stack to help you through the next phases – I’ve been playing the 7pm semi tonight and was down to 1200 now back up to 2400 in the first 30mins – now 3700 as a 1200 stack shoves A7o into my QQ   2.         Middle phase – now you want to tighten up a bit. You don’t need to take big risks to get a big stack as you don’t need to build a winning stack – just an ok one. But note who is already tight and be happy to minbet  them and fold to a raise. Key not to spew chips at this stage. Don’t need to go for the marginal double up. Just broke this rule by calling a shove with my min-raised ATs. Thought he was stealing – but he had AK – I rivered a T – but should never have called - now 7000. Generally don’t call shoves unless you are v strong or they are small stacks. Just minraised utg with KJs. 2 small stacks shoved – had to call the extra 800 they have AK & AJ lol – down to 4600   3.         Generally getting close to the bubble (maybe at the 1:2 stage).  Need to pick spots. If someone has the stack to shove over you maybe better to shove first. Much better shoving than calling. Note particularly peeps who bet fold to raises or who don’t defend their blinds. Stack back up to 9000 from picking up some bets and some blinds. Just had A4 on the button. Shoved and small stack bb calls with J7 and hits. Now 7800 and 7/12 with 10 paid. Blinds 400/800 so cannot just coast. Now have 77 – utg minbets – if it folds to me I have a decision – it does. Hmmm – hope he can b/f – he is a good player so I take the chance. He has AA and sets up so that’s the end of that. Sometimes they do have it. Maybe I should have folded but maybe that’s result orientated. Bubble bursts with a small stack KK losing to 88. Last few bubble can last a while on these so do need to take some chances.
    Posted by GELDY
  • edited January 2015
    Hi all - the way I play sats is down to the wonderful Mr Geldy's guide to the galaxy - bumped above ;)

I love sats - would happily play them all day long - but not so good at normal games then.  I need to find my happy medium I think.

Having said that - and I know this cash won't count for stats - but I managed to win a live tourney today!!  Only 37 runners mind you @ £45 buy in - but it's the best feeling £530 I've ever won - especially when deal was offered for 3 way split when only 3 left in and it was turned down - then split offered when HU and again turned down - so was extra sweet to win it.

Hope all TPTers run golden this week - and hope to see you all in orfy on Friday.  Because I've had a bit of a good run recently I'd like to offer addtional 2 prizes to the top placed TPTers in this coming Fridays orfy - £20 cash to top placed TPTer and £10 cash to 2nd placed TPTer.  So get regging - best value around for £3.30 buy in xxx
  • edited January 2015
    Hi all - the way I play sats is down to the wonderful Mr Geldy's guide to the galaxy - bumped above ;) I love sats - would happily play them all day long - but not so good at normal games then.  I need to find my happy medium I think. Having said that - and I know this cash won't count for stats - but I managed to win a live tourney today!!  Only 37 runners mind you @ £45 buy in - but it's the best feeling £530 I've ever won - especially when deal was offered for 3 way split when only 3 left in and it was turned down - then split offered when HU and again turned down - so was extra sweet to win it. Hope all TPTers run golden this week - and hope to see you all in orfy on Friday.  Because I've had a bit of a good run recently I'd like to offer addtional 2 prizes to the top placed TPTers in this coming Fridays orfy - £20 cash to top placed TPTer and £10 cash to 2nd placed TPTer.  So get regging - best value around for £3.30 buy in xxx
    Posted by IrishRose
    Good incentive again. Got a party to go to (yay) after 3 days of exams (still 2 more to go as of this post)... Must have facebook catch up at weekend been a while Rose, well done last weekend :D
  • edited January 2015
    Hi guys here is a hand were bet on a not to good hand got reraised not big enough pot odds made me call thene the rest is up to your take but me cant think why the player didnt smell a rat but he did my betting happy days.
    UIGS_RUGB Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £20.78
    S7N Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £19.60
      Your hole cards
    • Q

LJHAlmight Fold        
    DocoFold Fold        
    1debo1 Fold        
    KEITH1960 Raise   £0.40 £0.70 £38.21
    QUIGS_RUGB Raise   £1.30 £2.00 £19.48
    S7N Fold        
    KEITH1960 Call   £1.00 £3.00 £37.21
    Flop

• Q
    • Q

QUIGS_RUGB Bet   £2.25 £5.25 £17.23
    KEITH1960 Call   £2.25 £7.50 £34.96
    Turn

QUIGS_RUGB Bet   £5.63 £13.13 £11.60
    KEITH1960 Call   £5.63 £18.76 £29.33
    River

QUIGS_RUGB All-in   £11.60 £30.36 £0.00
    KEITH1960 Call   £11.60 £41.96 £17.73
    QUIGS_RUGB Show
    • A

KEITH1960 Show
    • Q

KEITH1960 Win Full House, Queens and 6s £40.16   £57.89
  • edited January 2015
    Hey Keith.

It's nice to walk into an aggro player thats repping or betting with air....especially when you have flopped the nuts - happy days :)

Not sure how he can get it in on the river - surely he should check back & fold in this spot?
  • edited January 2015
    Little cash in the 8K re-buy last night - only had the add on.
    POKERTREV25 £59.36
    Didn't fair so well in the mini though :(
  • edited January 2015
    1500BH

Keep going out in the bubble :/

B1enjii027£5.64 + £7.98 Head Prizes4
  • edited January 2015
    Hi all

A few results from me from yesterday and tonight.

Last night mini - managed 

IrishRose013£40.49
    And tonight was the BH games and the roller semi game

Main:   IrishRose037£37.62 + £38.68 Head Prizes2 
    Mini:  IrishRose023£9.15 + £15.47 Head Prizes6

Roller:  IrishRose169351£25k Mega Roller
    I really didn't deserve to win seat to the roller based on my exit hand.  Had A 8 - flop was 8 something something.  Guy went all in and I called - he had K K.  I managed runner runner A high flush.  Not a pretty way to win a seat.

Hope all TPTers run golden tonight.  Don't forget the orfy tomorrow night.  Unfortunately I won't be able to play as motherinlaw will be here - unless I'm snowed in..............   So run extra golden in my absence.  The bonus prizes are still there but someone will have to let me know who wins them as I won't have lobby in my history lol.

Night all - glllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

• edited January 2015
    eon1961980001£18.13HENDRIK6202£10.78gazzguf03£7.35
    from the plo8 league
  • edited January 2015
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : I'm pretty sure I already hold that tbh :) but I have had one or two succeses along the way, but it did take me a while. Which sat/time & buy-in are you entering into? cause some are easier than others imo.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    i like the 8.30 sat but i play all diferent sats into it i did not sat again tonight but i bought in and came runners up so not bad
  • edited January 2015
    Couple of cashes tonight.  Gl all playing tomorrow, see a few of you Sunday hopefully.

Small cash in the main
    mattprawn027£36.27 + £49.22 Head Prizes
    Got through a £5 satellite for a place in the roller.  Only one spot going so pleased with this result

mattprawn440001Entry to £25k Mega Roller
  • edited January 2015
    Hi all

Sorry I missed the ofry last night.  Can someone please let me know the top 2 placed TPTers so that I can settle my debts lol.

Hope to be online tonight - and in the meantime I hope you all run golden xxx
  • edited January 2015
    Hi all Sorry I missed the ofry last night.  Can someone please let me know the top 2 placed TPTers so that I can settle my debts lol. Hope to be online tonight - and in the meantime I hope you all run golden xxx
    Posted by IrishRose
    Rawhand was 3rd and bracewell1 was 18th
  • edited January 2015
    Nice little start to the evening with a sneaky bounty hunter whilst listening to the footie on the radio.  It's what Saturdays were made for...
    mattprawn760001£152 + £103.76 Head Prizes5
    Best of luck to all of you playing this evening.

Matt
  • edited January 2015
    19,45 31/1/15 £100 deep stack
    WHEELS716106£8