You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes

Comments

• edited January 2016
    Great results guys.

Just posting mine before i forget: £22 - £1500BH

Gl all.

MilitantG03£104.64 + £48.76 Head Prizes5 
  • edited January 2016
    WD mick evsbach rich jonny rose matt and militantg.Some great cashes guys.Gl at the tablesguys.
  • edited January 2016
    HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL

Well done on all your cashes, looks like it was a great year (for some anyway:) but for me it wasn't the best year I have ever had, infact I think it was probably the worst.

I have lots to work on though, so i'm quite happy to keep plugging away & hopefully turn this mahooosive downswing around at some point this year and get back to playing a good solid game.

New Year....New Start

Best of Luck all.

• edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes:
    WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP! After seat bubbling the UKPC semi for £144 I had a good run in the final and hung on for another seat £1,100 winnings. Thanks for the support from Rose and Misty and Donna in particular hope you all get a seat (or another seat Misty) next week. Cheers Pommy for the sage advice which I nearly failed to heed (was very nearly my full house v StayorGo quads, phew) Sorry to hear a few of you have been suffering with the Trolls - hope you can just ignore them.  Sad people. Have a great week TPT. Mattp
    Posted by mattprawn
       Ha, well played mate, yes its a good job Stay or Go didn't, set mine. That would have been disastrous.
  • edited January 2016

Just a little one from me. Plo8 100 Gtd. Last night first for £55.
  • edited January 2016
    Well done all, well done pommy.

Right qualified for qtrs of ukpc tonight from little satty

Qualified for 2k b.h from a satty coming back from virtually nothing to binking it.

Now trying to win a seat to semi of 10k b.h later tonight. Wish me luck cos I gonna need it.
  • edited January 2016
    Well done all, well done pommy. Right qualified for qtrs of ukpc tonight from little satty Qualified for 2k b.h from a satty coming back from virtually nothing to binking it. Now trying to win a seat to semi of 10k b.h later tonight. Wish me luck cos I gonna need it.
    Posted by Darkangel7
    AAwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...... I'm so sorrryyyyyyyyyyyyy Angel. I really did hate myself for Ko'ing you ......and I sadly KO'd MattyP and his KKings with A 10 too ....sorry mate. (At least SKY knows there is no collusion !!!!!)

Your chips did help me greatly from being 'The Shorty' and as you know I managed to get a seat to Sunday's Final so THANK YOU sooooo much......and many thanks for the rail afterwards too.

Some BRILLIANT Cashes from the TPTers....Great Start to the NEW YEAR...... and I managed to bag 2 seats to tonights Semi, so my first cash of the Year is £52 to the total too.

Walwyn22607.501Entry to £1 Mil UKPC Final
    chasinstar192152Entry to £1 Mil UKPC Final
    alpine188053Entry to £1 Mil UKPC Final
    FeelGroggy14543.504Entry to £1 Mil UKPC Final
    MISTY4ME90795Entry to £1 Mil UKPC Final
    HANSON87506Entry to £1 Mil UKPC Final
    HORRIS07£48
    Music_Matt08 
    IH8PALACE09 
    mattprawn010 
    Pokermile011 
    Darkangel7012 
    MattBates013 
    luckiboi014 
    Nutter59320
  • edited January 2016
    Well done Misty. Doesn't matter the best hand won. Hope you run golden Sunday night again and manage to cash. Not going to try to get there now. Too much stress. So may see you there maybe not.

For all those that cashed tonight well done. For all those that were near don't give up it will happen.

Run golden all and run deep.
  • edited January 2016
    DTD 2

mickzilla03£17
    £200 b/h

mickzilla016£3 Head Prizes4
    Reward FR

mickzilla0140£2
    10k sat for semi

mickzilla10843.754£10,000 BH Semi 
    took cash equivalent as already won seat

and the smallest cash ever! in omaha FR

29mickzilla - £0.17

Hope you all run great! Good luck around the tables!

Muchos Love
  • edited January 2016

Bubbled the FT of the main.  Played ok, but just couldn't find any cards in the last hour. Thanks for support in this Misty & Chilling.

mattprawn07£214.32 + £91.97 Head Prizes4 

Misty - vwp in the UKPC semi.  On fire mate.  Vul to Angel who was crushing it - keep that going Donna and it will come.  Nice results TPT.

Mattp

• edited January 2016
    Well done Misty. Doesn't matter the best hand won. Hope you run golden Sunday night again and manage to cash. Not going to try to get there now. Too much stress. So may see you there maybe not. For all those that cashed tonight well done. For all those that were near don't give up it will happen. Run golden all and run deep.
    Posted by Darkangel7
    Hi Angel

Saw your post on the main forum, but thought I'd prefer to post my thoughts here instead.  I'm not really a technical player, so will save my thoughts for the team pages...

Hi Angel

You'll know most of this stuff already and by reading your post on the main forum maybe your concerns around the bubble may just be a matter of confidence.  Please treat this with a pinch of salt, Misty is the satellite King at the moment, but I do benefit from having watched you play a lot...

Huge difference between play at or around the bubble in a standard MTT and a satellite. I know you just missed out on a seat in the UKPC semi this evening, so some thoughts on the satellite scenario.

1) Look at relative stack size, very important with how people will play.
    a) Big stack will not want to get involved with you if you have any kind of stack that will damage his position.  Exploit that.
    b) However, don't mess with the Big stack if he can take you out without damage to himself., part of his "job" is to finish off the small stacks.  If you get a big premium hand though Exploit this to get a double up if you need it.
    c) Small stack will be looking for a chance to double through, so likely to be shoving wide. Exploit that if you can afford to.  
    d) Beware playing into a limp by a small stack (they will be looking to shove and may be inducing) UNLESS you are prepared to see it through by calling a shove later.
    e) Medium stacks won't want to play many hands unless they have premium hands.  Exploit that by shoving into them in position with a fairly wide range.

2) Don't be afraid to lose (as many of the above tactics require a risk), weak betting will just get exploited by someone else.  Better than getting blinded out.

3) Use your bet size for information.  Limping is a nightmare as you have no idea where you are and will then need to hit.  A nice 3 BB bet will be enough to see off villain in most hands, but if called you are approaching next round with caution. Also gives you a second of option of using your perceived strength to steal post flop as a Plan B.

4) Keep out of trouble with a big stack, but be aggressive enough to stop people regularly stealing blinds.

5) Position becomes even more important late on with big blinds.  Don't play from the early position except with a big premium hand - my general rule is if I'm not prepared to shove to any raise then I shouldn't be playing the hand.

Anyhow - I think you do most of the stuff above. 

Bit of a rambling note, but hopefully there is something in there that you may find useful.  Alternatively feel free to ignore me and ask Misty how he does it!

All the best

Mattp
  • edited January 2016
    Key difference between sat and mtt play near the bubble:
    In sats if a bigger stack has already raised you fold - even with AA.
    In mtts you 3bet/shove if you think you're ahead. 
    Nice advice Matt.
  • edited January 2016
    Just like to say well done to stokefc nice win.
  • edited January 2016
    See  starting to take it seriously now. Less chat and more concentration. 

Well done stokie 
  • edited January 2016
    final tabling DTD 2. a diversion of fous onto main and mini made m do silly mistakes esulting in early exits in DTD1 and 3. didn't cash out in the main and just won 2 HP worth of cash in mini.
    wynne19388500001£46.33
    craigcu1202£27.80
  • edited January 2016
    WD guys some fantastic results,Gl at the tables guys.
  • edited January 2016
    Just like to say well done to stokefc nice win.
    Posted by DoyleBrun
    TY Doyle my favorite ever poker pro and ty angel
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : Hi Angel Saw your post on the main forum, but thought I'd prefer to post my thoughts here instead.  I'm not really a technical player, so will save my thoughts for the team pages... Hi Angel You'll know most of this stuff already and by reading your post on the main forum maybe your concerns around the bubble may just be a matter of confidence.  Please treat this with a pinch of salt, Misty is the satellite King at the moment, but I do benefit from having watched you play a lot... Huge difference between play at or around the bubble in a standard MTT and a satellite. I know you just missed out on a seat in the UKPC semi this evening, so some thoughts on the satellite scenario. 1) Look at relative stack size, very important with how people will play. a) Big stack will not want to get involved with you if you have any kind of stack that will damage his position.  Exploit that. b) However, don't mess with the Big stack if he can take you out without damage to himself., part of his "job" is to finish off the small stacks.  If you get a big premium hand though Exploit this to get a double up if you need it. c) Small stack will be looking for a chance to double through, so likely to be shoving wide. Exploit that if you can afford to.   d) Beware playing into a limp by a small stack (they will be looking to shove and may be inducing) UNLESS you are prepared to see it through by calling a shove later. e) Medium stacks won't want to play many hands unless they have premium hands.  Exploit that by shoving into them in position with a fairly wide range. 2) Don't be afraid to lose (as many of the above tactics require a risk), weak betting will just get exploited by someone else.  Better than getting blinded out. 3) Use your bet size for information.  Limping is a nightmare as you have no idea where you are and will then need to hit.  A nice 3 BB bet will be enough to see off villain in most hands, but if called you are approaching next round with caution. Also gives you a second of option of using your perceived strength to steal post flop as a Plan B. 4) Keep out of trouble with a big stack, but be aggressive enough to stop people regularly stealing blinds. 5) Position becomes even more important late on with big blinds.  Don't play from the early position except with a big premium hand - my general rule is if I'm not prepared to shove to any raise then I shouldn't be playing the hand. Anyhow - I think you do most of the stuff above.  Bit of a rambling note, but hopefully there is something in there that you may find useful.  Alternatively feel free to ignore me and ask Misty how he does it! All the best Mattp
    Posted by mattprawn
    Nice Post Matt & Great Advice.

Best of luck at the tables all - Run Well
  • edited January 2016
    Ty Matty and everyone else for your support.

See you later at TPT Invitational
  • edited January 2016
    Ty Matty and everyone else for your support. See you later at TPT Invitational
    Posted by Darkangel7
    Hi Guys

The TPT Private Tourney will hopefully be held on Wed 13th Jan. This was delayed due to the holidays.

I am just waiting for confirmation.

• edited January 2016
    It happened last night trev 
  • edited January 2016
    Little one from the rich jonny bh.Thanks for the rail jonny.Gl at the tables guys.jjjach06£7.41 + £1.40 Head Prizes1
  • edited January 2016
    Won £10 in the £1000 FR, should get my eyes tested thought I had a flush draw with my straight draw in TPT invitational when I threw all my chips in oops.
  • edited January 2016
    Posted by Darkangel7
    Oh - I wasn't aware of this soz.

Maybe I sent them an email whilst I was worse for the drink over x'mas :)

I'll go check now.
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : Oh - I wasn't aware of this soz. Maybe I sent them an email whilst I was worse for the drink over x'mas :) I'll go check now.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    I just checked.

I didn't request it for the 6th of Jan but maybe they set it up automatically over the crimbo period.

I'll wait for his email & let you know if it will run again next week or not.
  • edited January 2016
    Posted by Darkangel7
    I prefer Trev's idea Angel.  I can then erase last night's debacle from the official records.  Knew I shouldn't believe Misty when he told me that 68o was the new AA.
  • edited January 2016
    small cash of last night
    KEITH1960010£6.40
     gl at the tables guys
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : I prefer Trev's idea Angel.  I can then erase last night's debacle from the official records.  Knew I shouldn't believe Misty when he told me that 68o was the new AA.
    Posted by mattprawn
    It works with 'The Misty Magic' Matt.....(:D}......hee hee !!!!!!

WELL DONE to those that have cashed......or got their seats for Finals. Great performance from Roseeeeeee tonight in UKPC semi.....and probably even better in getting to semi from 2BB's. Unlucky MattyP in semi in just missing out. I was going really well early doors 3rd or 4th place, but had this hand and I would like some advice/help or at least people's thoughts pleeeeease.

MattBates Small blind  15.00 15.00 2545.00 matt87 Big blind  30.00 45.00 1607.50  Your hole cards A A    plentytime Raise  60.00 105.00 3000.00 MISTY4ME Raise  150.00 255.00 5392.50 MaxJ Fold     MattBates Fold     matt87 Call  120.00 375.00 1487.50 plentytime Call  90.00 465.00 2910.00 Flop  4 Q 2    matt87 Check     plentytime Check     MISTY4ME Bet  232.50 697.50 5160.00 matt87 Fold     plentytime Call  232.50 930.00 2677.50 Turn  2    plentytime All-in  2677.50 3607.50 0.00 MISTY4ME Fold     plentytime Muck     plentytime Win  930.00  930.00 plentytime Return  2677.50 0.00 3607.50
    I know having looked at it I only lost 380 chips......but I so wanted to call his shove......but it would have halved my chipstack. I played safe coz thought he had slow played QQ ....or something suited with a 2, or even 22. Just wondered what others would do.
  • edited January 2016
    5 am b.h

Ty for the rail chris, hope you run golden :) not bad from a shortie ;)
    Darkangel702£11.25 + £3.48 Head Prizes1
  • edited January 2016
    5 am b.h Ty for the rail chris, hope you run golden :) not bad from a shortie ;) Darkangel7 0 2 £11.25 + £3.48 Head Prizes 1
    Posted by Darkangel7
    vwp dark ul heads up sry not posted in here for while gl all