You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes

Comments

• edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes:
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : It works with 'The Misty Magic' Matt.....(:D}......hee hee !!!!!! WELL DONE to those that have cashed......or got their seats for Finals. Great performance from Roseeeeeee tonight in UKPC semi.....and probably even better in getting to semi from 2BB's. Unlucky MattyP in semi in just missing out. I was going really well early doors 3rd or 4th place, but had this hand and I would like some advice/help or at least people's thoughts pleeeeease. MattBates Small blind   15.00 15.00 2545.00 matt87 Big blind   30.00 45.00 1607.50   Your hole cards A A       plentytime Raise   60.00 105.00 3000.00 MISTY4ME Raise   150.00 255.00 5392.50 MaxJ Fold         MattBates Fold         matt87 Call   120.00 375.00 1487.50 plentytime Call   90.00 465.00 2910.00 Flop     4 Q 2       matt87 Check         plentytime Check         MISTY4ME Bet   232.50 697.50 5160.00 matt87 Fold         plentytime Call   232.50 930.00 2677.50 Turn     2       plentytime All-in   2677.50 3607.50 0.00 MISTY4ME Fold         plentytime Muck         plentytime Win   930.00   930.00 plentytime Return   2677.50 0.00 3607.50 I know having looked at it I only lost 380 chips......but I so wanted to call his shove......but it would have halved my chipstack. I played safe coz thought he had slow played QQ ....or something suited with a 2, or even 22. Just wondered what others would do.
    Posted by MISTY4ME

hi misty hope u well big big fold i would call and be happy with it unless notes on player. also think u 3 bet size pre need to be bigger so about 180-250 ish. but interesting hand can u teach me to play sats u seem to smash them at moment keep it up.
  • edited January 2016
    Hi Misty
    It's a big fold - however.....

He min raises UTG so I suspect he has a small pair (Set Mining) & didn't want to just limp in and be punished for it, so he just min raises. Having done so he now has to call your re-raise which like rspca says it's just not big enough and it's not going to get any info from him either.

So he makes the call & checks the flop, if he hit the Queen here I think he would now have to bet into it, but the check looks more like a flopped set (4's maybe?)

Turn card is another 2 & he shoves, so I think Full House 4's over 2's (Would be sick if it's quad 2's lol)

I still just could'nt see him limping with Q's UTG (Cause what does he do if it comes A or K high flop?) also, if he now has FH Q's over 2's I think he would be checking the turn to induce a bet from you rather than shoving.

So for me it's either 4's over 2's or a sick quad 2's (Unlikely) even if he has A2 suited you are still behind, so I think it's probably a good fold.

A very tough fold though and I suspect most of us (including me) would make the call given how little time we have on the clock to think about it.

Looking at it from the other players point of view...he most likely puts you on AA, KK, AQ.

Did He Show? would be interesting to know.

• edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : It works with 'The Misty Magic' Matt.....(:D}......hee hee !!!!!! WELL DONE to those that have cashed......or got their seats for Finals. Great performance from Roseeeeeee tonight in UKPC semi.....and probably even better in getting to semi from 2BB's. Unlucky MattyP in semi in just missing out. I was going really well early doors 3rd or 4th place, but had this hand and I would like some advice/help or at least people's thoughts pleeeeease. MattBates Small blind   15.00 15.00 2545.00 matt87 Big blind   30.00 45.00 1607.50   Your hole cards A A       plentytime Raise   60.00 105.00 3000.00 MISTY4ME Raise   150.00 255.00 5392.50 MaxJ Fold         MattBates Fold         matt87 Call   120.00 375.00 1487.50 plentytime Call   90.00 465.00 2910.00 Flop     4 Q 2       matt87 Check         plentytime Check         MISTY4ME Bet   232.50 697.50 5160.00 matt87 Fold         plentytime Call   232.50 930.00 2677.50 Turn     2       plentytime All-in   2677.50 3607.50 0.00 MISTY4ME Fold         plentytime Muck         plentytime Win   930.00   930.00 plentytime Return   2677.50 0.00 3607.50 I know having looked at it I only lost 380 chips......but I so wanted to call his shove......but it would have halved my chipstack. I played safe coz thought he had slow played QQ ....or something suited with a 2, or even 22. Just wondered what others would do.
    Posted by MISTY4ME
    Hi Misty

Interesting hand and a very disciplined fold.  I'm pretty sure I would have called, as I like a gamble(!) but would be watching the outcome through my fingers.

I know you're concerned about 22 or QQ.  I don't see many  x 2 hands he's playing like this with (UTG raise then calling your decent sized bet twice).  So I'd be thinking if he has a 2 in his hand he probably has quad 2's in which case gg, not my day.

In respect of QQ, his play pre and post flop would be consistent with that but I don't think I'd be shoving with that - feels more like a single Q with a good kicker and wanting to take it down there and then. 

Having said all that it's a satellite not a tourney and you're already well positioned and more than  able to live to fight another day.  So my head says good fold, my heart says sod that I'm not folding my aces!

Best

Matt
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : Hi Misty Interesting hand and a very disciplined fold.  I'm pretty sure I would have called, as I like a gamble(!) but would be watching the outcome through my fingers. I know you're concerned about 22 or QQ.  I don't see many  x 2 hands he's playing like this with (UTG raise then calling your decent sized bet twice).  So I'd be thinking if he has a 2 in his hand he probably has quad 2's in which case gg, not my day. In respect of QQ, his play pre and post flop would be consistent with that but I don't think I'd be shoving with that - feels more like a single Q with a good kicker and wanting to take it down there and then.  Having said all that it's a satellite not a tourney and you're already well positioned and more than  able to live to fight another day.  So my head says good fold, my heart says sod that I'm not folding my aces! Best Matt
    Posted by mattprawn
    Haha!! - i'm a sucker for that every time :)
  • edited January 2016
    It's a very strange line from him. 
    Can't see how this could be a bluff, and why do it with a pp or AQ.
    It's a sat and you've got a decent stack. 
    So I'd fold and watch him carefully thereafter for clues on whether he always bets when he hits big. 
  • edited January 2016
    I would call as fast as I could get to the AI button so you probably made a good fold.
  • edited January 2016
    WD keith and angel nice cashes.Gl at the tables guys.
  • edited January 2016
    It's a snap call in a normal MTT, and it's probably a call in a sat as well (this early anyway)

If you're folding AA there then you are folding pretty much absolutely everything. Not concerned in the slightest that we might be beat, and if we are then we still have plenty behind to spin up again. I'd be amazed if this isn't Qx, and the 2 is a good card for us giving us additional insurance heading to the river.

See some of you guys later I'm sure :)
  • edited January 2016
    Thanks everyone for your input on the AAces hand.......it's interesting to hear all the different views and just shows what a great game Poker is.

'Plentytime' did qualify for Sunday's Final so he must be quite a decent player......first time I'd come across him.....and I play quite a few of these UKPC sat's. as you know. I'll look out for him Sunday.

GOOD LUCK at the tables tonight everyone.....and as ALWAYS........

.....may the CASH (and SEATS) be with us ALL
  • edited January 2016
    Couple of little one from last night

9.30pm 2K Bounty Hunter
    POKERTREV  087 £15.00  Head Prizes4
    Orfordable Deepstack
    POKERTREV 07 £13.99
    Free entry into the 9.30 bounty hunter so i'll take that.
  • edited January 2016
    Deep £2.20

mickzilla09£4.34
    min cash again! 

Good luck all tonight and the rest of the weekend!
  • edited January 2016

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TREV.
  • edited January 2016
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TREV.
    Posted by jjjach
    Cheers JJ.

Had a bit of a birthday bash last night, so feeling a bit worse for the wear this morning lol

Gonna have a few more dinner time.......

What makes you bad makes you better :)

Good luck at the tables all.
  • edited January 2016
    Happy birthday Trev
  • edited January 2016
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TREV.
    Posted by jjjach
    +1
  • edited January 2016
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TREV.........

HOPE IT'S A WINNING ONE !!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK to everyone tonight.....and as ALWAYS.....

.....may the CASH (and especially SEATS) be with us ALL
  • edited January 2016
    happy birthday trev 2 cashes to report 11th in the orfy for £6.60 and 12th in my bh this morning £3.31 3hp £3.39 and ty for the rail jj as always gl all tonight
  • edited January 2016
    I'm back from my birthday shannanigans, albeit worse for the wear, but I will be doing my best t6o take down DTD Tonight.

Best of Luck Everyone.
  • edited January 2016
    WD rich jonny nice cashes.Little one from bh.No good in dtd.jjjach03£15.10 + £2.96 Head Prizes2 
  • edited January 2016

2nd in DTD1 for £60 0dd pence.
  • edited January 2016
       2nd in DTD1 for £60 0dd pence.
    Posted by pomfrittes
    Very well done pom.

Doyle finished 2nd in DTD2 - great result guys wp

Little one from me in the mini....
    POKERTREV0 10 £17.25  + £15.71  Head Prizes 6
  • edited January 2016
    Well played in the DTD guys. 

Had a deep run in the main event, finished 8/601.  Exit hand was lying about 4/8 and ran into AA with my pocket 10s 4 handed for what would have been the chip lead.  No way to get off it, so that was me done.  Thanks to Angel and Trev for rail.

mattprawn08£241.67 + £139.44 Head Prizes8 
  • edited January 2016
    Nice cashes all.

Well done Mattp good going.

Heres a small one from the 1:00am Freeroll

mickzilla03£3.25
    Played in the Dusk Til Dawn Pub finals yesterday and came 12th for £100 out of 320ish. Lovely tournament, if you can get to a DTD ran league locally get involved. Great structure and a really good game. 5K GTD every finals day for FREE! 

Good luck out there!
  • edited January 2016
    Not a bad night on DTD came 2nd in 2 for £26.98 and 9th in 3 for £8 the poker gods took pity on me big style or that Angel dust fell on me. Sat there playing pretty poor poker jammed my 66 in got two calls one hit over card on flop turn no good tried to will a 6 on river amazing it appeared, then around final table bubble in DTD 2 saw a flop with KJ flop KK4 played it brilliantly got him to put all his chips in on a blank turn he turned over 44 oops then K on river bingo I bet PDavo your still wondering how you lost, I know you lost but you played it best. Well why be good if you can get lucky so apologies to all those I donked out on, hope you all get your run good next week.
  • edited January 2016
    WD guys some great cashes there.Gl at the tables guys.
  • edited January 2016
    Finally a bit of run good.....

2K Bounty Hunter
    POKERTREV  0 33 £7.73 Head  Prizes1
    2K Bounty Hunter
    POKERTREV 200000 1 £279.50  + £127.97  Head Prizes 5
    Good luck at the tables all
  • edited January 2016
    Happy Birthday Trev xxx
  • edited January 2016
    WD trev great win.Little one from a sat took £11.50p.    jjjach200001UKPC Quarter Final
  • edited January 2016
    Happy Birthday Trev xxx
    Posted by paige55
    Cheers Paige.

Thanks for popping by on the rail monday.
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Official - TPT (Team Poker Titans) Tribulations & Cashes : Cheers Paige. Thanks for popping by on the rail monday.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Hey where are my kisses PokerTrev xx from one upset paige lol xx