You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OFFICIAL Team51 THREAD

Comments

• edited September 2011
    The teams official website is now online at............

team51poker.org.uk

be sure to have the sound switched on when you try it :o)
  • edited September 2011
    Thanks to everyone for a warm welcome. Looking forward to getting to know u all once i can get my head around facebook.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL Team51 THREAD:
    The teams official website is now online at............ team51poker.org.uk be sure to have the sound switched on when you try it :o)
    Posted by elsadog

can,t seem to find this

Also on facebook it has team 51 down as a closed group with only 36 members. is it to late to join that now?
  • edited September 2011
    Thanks to everyone for a warm welcome. Looking forward to getting to know u all once i can get my head around facebook.
    Posted by meggie06

oh great  welcome meg .
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL Team51 THREAD : can,t seem to find this Also on facebook it has team 51 down as a closed group with only 36 members. is it to late to join that now?
    Posted by MP33
    ...........You've always been a member............look at the team list on the 1st page of the thread, your name is on it...........are you a member of face book and/or do you want to join team51 face book page ?, if so, please let us know on here and send me a private message so i can get you in........take care.  
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL Team51 THREAD : ...........You've always been a member............look at the team list on the 1st page of the thread, your name is on it...........are you a member of face book and/or do you want to join team51 face book page ?, if so, please let us know on here and send me a private message so i can get you in........take care.  
    Posted by billyboots
    ...........EDIT:-..............Anyone from 'team51' who hasn't got access to our 'team51 face book page' or would like assistance to get signed onto face book....please send me a private message or just post your request on here.......   
  • edited September 2011
    Orfordable Team Challenge - Its all HERE
  • edited September 2011
    I will sadly be missing the Team Challenge tonight. Its a real shame that the Tournaments are all at the same time and coincide with the main event. If they were slightly later then I would definitely play but for me the only real value is in the nightly main event so I can't miss that to play in a Tourney with no real cash prize. Sorry to let the team down again. I'm not massively contributing at the moment, but I will try to get cashes for the new challenge. Good luck all who play tonight. Team51 FTW. 
  • edited September 2011
    I will sadly be missing the Team Challenge tonight. Its a real shame that the Tournaments are all at the same time and coincide with the main event. If they were slightly later then I would definitely play but for me the only real value is in the nightly main event so I can't miss that to play in a Tourney with no real cash prize. Sorry to let the team down again. I'm not massively contributing at the moment, but I will try to get cashes for the new challenge. Good luck all who play tonight. Team51 FTW. 
    Posted by shaun84
    You play what you play Shaun. I mostly play PLO, but don't miss out on the team stuff. All cashes are one for the team, so its not a problem to us. Don't let it be a problem to you. Good luck at the tables mate.
  • edited September 2011
    I just got knocked out in 49th in The Open Re-buy. Had pocket 10's two hands in a row, and was raised both times. The second time I called all-in(which I didn't like) and he had KK. The 10 came on the flop, but the enevitable King came on the river. Played ok up until then but couldn't get away for some reason. Need to iron out that wrinkle in my game. Good luck to all Team51ers left in tonight.  
  • edited September 2011
    Hi.. cant get the website to work, glad to be on board tho.
  • edited September 2011

Hi team...to anyone who hasn't already done this and wishes to do so ,.....here are the details...  

.......and Why not show you're a Team51 member by changing your avatar location.

..... Simply go to ''My Account''

....Then in the section at the top marked ''My Details''

....click it and change the section marked ''Town/City'' to Team51.

.... You will need to log off and on again for it to take effect.

.....Then when anyone puts their cursor on your avatar it will tell them you're a 51'er.
  • edited September 2011
    Tonight is DTD night.

The fun night of the week with mine hosts 'The Brothers Chuckle'

Two deepstacks with a lazy structure and the more active Totty at 8.30.

The best banter you will find on the internetwebthingy and all in good humour too.

If you get knocked out then simply join in with the railing for your free bonus entertainment.

Mr Hartigan is playing along with last nights 2nd place Roller finalist Supersnedd.

There's value galore with maxally, greghogg and elsadonkfish playing.

There's even a chance to prolong the excitement by entering the main event and mini main with Mr Hartigan's special extender. (do try to concentrate ladies I haven't finished yet).

Where else can you get that much entertainment and +ev for £5.50 ?

Get in there !!!!!!!!!! 
  • edited September 2011
    Forum DTD League 26-9-11 week 4 Final week Team points scored as follows...

Name715D745DTotty
    Score PosMRNICK     10 +1165310
    131GREGHOGG    928213
    152KEVILFISH38515
    203KKRIPPLER111201
    214LYONSBOB06  672167
    285QUIETMAN    5201028
    286THEDART181664
    347KENNYBAD    3144730
    378ROBBIEROTT 21041229
    419SCORPIO13   11072521
    4610+1 point luvBWFC winning DS

gives us week 4 Team result..

Team              Runners    Wins   Team Points League points

Team 51                16           1             17                 7
    KNIGHTPLOP         11           -              11                 6

HITSQUAD             21          1               9                  5
    POKERTrev             20          -               1                  4
    NINJA PLONKERS     7          -                -                  3
    BOUNTY                   1          -                -                  2

SEPTEMBER FINAL DTD TABLE CHAMPIONS TEAM 51!!

Team          Runners  Team points  Wins  League Points

Team 51                 82           59           4           22
    HitSquad                74           41           4           22
    KnightPlop              52           29           0           20
    PokerTrev               87           34           1           17
    Ninja Plonkers         31           10           0           15
    Team Bounty            4            8            0            10
    Team Sky                 1            7            0            3
    Team Fish                 1            0            0            0

CONGRATS TO TEAM51 WHO WIN ON 'GOAL DIFF'
    CLOSEST LEAGUE YET WP ALL!!

Esp Mr Nick [who did Nick it for you]!
    WP Too to Slkylist, & ul Gregghogg, [shud he be Quietman]

Thanks on behalf all, to Chris & Michael, another great Month!!
  • edited September 2011
    RESULTS FROM START OF DTD TEAM LEAGUE!!!

Champions            Runners-up
    May '11   Team Knightplop   Team HitSquad
    June '11  Team Pokertrev     Team HitSquad
    July '11   Team 51                Team Pokertrev
    Aug.'11   Team PokerTrev     Team 51
    Sept.'11  Team 51
                                  Team HitSquad

[Gently wipes tear from eye....again....exit stage left....slowly!!]
  • edited September 2011
    Well played to our newest signing MrNick who literally 'nicked' the monthly league for us -  and backed up by Lyonsbob in last night's DTD.

Well done to all 51'ers who played this month - you are the best by a mile :o)

• edited September 2011
    So when we win in October, do we get to keep the cup??
  • edited September 2011
    wp nick great result. i was sick with my contribution on the night, but felt even more sick for michael lad that was the bad beat of all bad beats very very unlucky. but very well played.
  • edited September 2011
    So when we win in October, do we get to keep the cup??
    Posted by labrat64

Well it's more of shield than a cup - actually it's a wheel-hub from a 1973 Ford Cortina - kindly donated by scouse. He has a shed full I believe.  ;o)
  • edited September 2011
    Well played guys. With two wins and a second so far you are totally owning the other teams.
  • edited September 2011
    Hi team. I wonder if anyone could help me? I need to get another 240 points before the end of the month. It will be exactly a month back on Sky Poker and I have garnered 2,760 points and if I can get it to 3,000 it is £50. This is just from MTT's so any advice on a rapid boost within two days would be greatly received. Best wishes. Shaun the Villa fan in Bham
  • edited September 2011
    Hi team. I wonder if anyone could help me? I need to get another 240 points before the end of the month. It will be exactly a month back on Sky Poker and I have garnered 2,760 points and if I can get it to 3,000 it is £50. This is just from MTT's so any advice on a rapid boost within two days would be greatly received. Best wishes. Shaun the Villa fan in Bham
    Posted by shaun84
    i believe the quickest route is multi-tabling dym's....and for added value regarding less rake....u should ideally look at the 3-30 min dym's as it's only 10%
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL Team51 THREAD : i believe the quickest route is multi-tabling dym's....and for added value regarding less rake....u should ideally look at the 3-30 min dym's as it's only 10%
    Posted by billyboots
    Thanks Billy. I'll look into it. I'm not that great at multi-tabling. I prefer to concentrate on one game so will have to weigh up the pro's and con's.
  • edited September 2011
    Friday Orfordable Last Longer it's - HERE
  • edited October 2011
    Hi Team 51. I wanted some advice, so thought I'd post here. Does anyone in our team earn big bonuses each month through Cash For Points? I would be interested to hear Strategy/Bankroll of players who get the big bonuses to see if I can start making my Poker pay in more ways than one. Any responses would be gratefully received. Best wishes. Shaun the Villa fan in Bham
  • edited October 2011
    You'd be better putting this in the general section Shaun. To make big points you need to be playing cash and seriously multi-tabling. I'm sure some of the big cash boys will know what you're asking. I play just the big tournaments on here and only earn about 3,000 points per month.
  • edited October 2011
    When i first joined sky shaun i only played dym i finished in the top 30 playing between 10 and 20 games a day 7 days a week. at the £11 level on average i got about 7000 points a month. i think you would need to be winning about 60% of the games to make it pay to be honest it was to much like hard work for me. mind you you are a lot younger. 
  • edited October 2011
    Thanks to both of you for your responses. I think you may be right about it being a bit to much like hard work Drumahai. I play the big tourney every night the same as you Elsadog, and last month was my first month and I also just scraped 3,097 points. I think I'll stick to this strategy as I really can't concentrate on more than 1/2 tables. Don't know what that says about my concentration levels or cognitive function, but I will endeavour to improve my multi-tabling. Thanks for the advice. Good luck at the tables. Best wishes. Shaun the Villa fan in Bham 
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TEAM51 THREAD:

............ and Why not show you're a Team51 member by changing your avatar location.

Simply go to ''My Account''

Then in the section at the top marked ''My Details'' click it and change the section marked ''Town/City'' to Team51.

You will need to log off and on again for it to take effect.

Then when anyone puts their cursor on your avatar it will tell them you're a 51'er.
    Posted by elsadog

..............BUMP..............for anyone wishing to do so, this is how you can.........  

• edited October 2011
    Guys remember if u have twitter follow us @team51poker...

or if ur on the book of faces...then msg us and join the facebook group...Even tony 'yoda' kendall is a member :)

ne problems msg elsadog, billyboots or djblacke04.