You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

"Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary"

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Not done any session reviews for a while, so gonna update. 

Played good Friday, had a slow session, I hardly played tbh with all the sport on TV it's far too easy to get distracted.

Masters, IPL, 3 live football matches, and by the time they're finished I'm pretty sozzled/tired and un-motivated. 

I lost about £20 overall, I tilt-reg'd a £52.50 Turbo HU game just before quitting the session. Stupid game selection again, and I got owned for the most part, but when the blinds were high I got some good hands and managed to come through to limit the damage.

That was it for the weekend until I woke up Sunday T-Time, and decided to take on my first all night session of the year so far......................

--------------------------------------

I used to do all nighters regularly, when playing cash. It made no sense chosing to grind cash through the day, if I had the opportunity to play through the night instead, so my sessions used to run more like 3pm-4/5am....

Nowardays it's more like midday-midnight. 

Was a good session, despite bubbling the velocity in quite tilting fashion. A bink there would have made a solid session a really good one.

It's not so much bubbling that annoys me, it's not having the opportunity to get to the big money up top. 

:@:@:@ agh!

Anyway HU diary innit, so here's the stats.

7-15am finish btw! Just about recovered now.........................

UsernameGames PlayedAv. ProfitAv. StakeAv. ROITotal ProfitFormAbility /100NetworkFilter
    DOHHHHHHH  59$3  $27  7%$191  -N/ASkyPoker4/8/2012 4/9/2012 Heads Up SNG Onlyx
    Graph

--------------------------------------------------------------

The other good thing about playing Sunday night instead of Monday all day, was I got the chance to play the league stars freeroll properly for the first time in ages.

Normally I just donk off shoving every single hand until I bust, or even ignore it completely. But I normally start sessions with some donkathons anyway so it was good timing.

I thought I played well and was in the "seat places" throughout the tourny, never in danger, and cruised to a seat.

The only problem is, I don't even really want it.....

Especially as it's not flexible, they've put me in this Thursday, and it's probably this Thursday or nothing (although I'll try my luck with customer care).

Can't complain, coz it's a freeroll, but I wish sky were more flexible with stuff like this. 

I'd rather have as little as £25 cash credited to my account than £110 worth of tournament equity.

I satted into a UKOPs event for £5, a seat worth £110, and un-regd it on the day. I will probably end up doing the same with this tournament too, as I'm due to play tomorrow. Which makes Thursday a big nono.

Pros of playing it and donking straight out = I get 100 points.

Cons of playing it and donking straight out = -$160 on sharkscope.

What's worth more? lol. 

Was nice to run deep in a decent sized tournament anyway. 

• edited April 2012
    you seem to be spreading yourself across many formats of the game at mo, any reason why? boredom/ motivation
  • edited April 2012

I have been enjoying playing HU Hypers since the start of the "sit and Dohhhhhhh's"

The only problem is, is that i have been a losing player long term at this format for a long time over 6k games!!

I enjoy spewing at them and i have essentially been gambling lots.

But, now, i have decided to try to turn my -3% ROI around and to get back into profit at HU Hypers... How? By working hard to improve my game.

So the last couple of days of hard work and listening to dohhhhhhh has brought my game to fruition and i had my best session ever, a great profit and a stunning roi of 24%. Cant be sustainable obv, i ran so hot, but i also played well.

So, all being well, i can learn how to beat hu hypers consistantly and get that scope into the black! Please God!

my last session! mental

• edited April 2012
    you mean "playing proper poker" then greg :-)
  • edited April 2012
    Good luck hoggerlaaar, you've always done well vs me. Should be a walk in the park!
  • edited April 2012
    Play Rollerments u massive fish! 
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary":
    For anyone reading who currently has a negative ROI at hu hyper sngs, that list Greg made is exactly what you SHOULDN'T do. DO NOT LISTEN TO HIM. N1 Greg, you massive fish.  Just post your graph not a load of advice!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :@ What would AJS say????? !!!!!!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    LOL at Gregger's actually editting his post ;)
  • edited April 2012
    Have edited mine now so u can edit yours!

I'll get this thread up to 500 posts by the end of the night somehow!!!!!!

;)
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : LOL at Gregger's actually editting his post ;)
    Posted by Poker_Fail
    decided i was giving too much free info, didnt want a bolllloking from AJS lol
  • edited April 2012
    you seem to be spreading yourself across many formats of the game at mo, any reason why? boredom/ motivation
    Posted by pod1
    Nah not really m8, same as usual.

Sticking with the HU sngs, gonna get that top 5 skope place by Dec if it kills me!

Longgg way off atm though.

Always start the sessions with 2/3 donkey speed mtts while I have a few tins. 

Gonna have a go at customer care now, try and get something for this roller seat. Wish me luck !!! ...................................................
  • edited April 2012
    April Update:

Going along ok still. I'm exceeding my expectations at the minute. Graph is pretty swingy but il be delighted to keep up the 6% roi for the whole month.

UsernameGames PlayedAv. ProfitAv. StakeAv. ROITotal ProfitFormAbility /100NetworkFilter
    splashies         407£0.21  £3  6%£86  -N/ASkyPoker4/1/2012 4/11/2012 Heads Up SNG Onlyx

• edited April 2012
    gl!
    Posted by pod1
    Resultaments! :D

In next weeks. The lobby advertised the prizes as "5k roller seat". No sign of a specific date or anything, think that helped swing it with CC!

Not ideal, as this weeks will be bigger, and softer, with 20 random league qualifiers.....

But the rollers are pretty soft nowardays anyway, loads of weak bad players now that there are a few a week. When they were occasional, the fields were alot stronger.

Just got to make sure I'm available now!

Weds - Sat - Tues - Fri.

:s

Guna have to do some tinkering :P

Anyway, playing today first. It feels like I've watched thousands of hypers since I've last played one, watching the Hogg crush it. 

Hope I can run like he has been running . . . . . . .

• edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Resultaments! :D In next weeks. The lobby advertised the prizes as "5k roller seat". No sign of a specific date or anything, think that helped swing it with CC! Not ideal, as this weeks will be bigger, and softer, with 20 random league qualifiers..... But the rollers are pretty soft nowardays anyway, loads of weak bad players now that there are a few a week. When they were occasional, the fields were alot stronger. Just got to make sure I'm available now! Weds - Sat - Tues - Fri. :s Guna have to do some tinkering :P Anyway, playing today first. It feels like I've watched thousands of hypers since I've last played one, watching the Hogg crush it.  Hope I can run like he has been running . . . . . . .
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Charming.
  • edited April 2012

It's Ok Doh, I know ur just running scared from this "super soft" field - I won't tell any1. ;-)
  • edited April 2012
    Haha, alright alright!!!

I didn't even look at the qualifiers!!!! Just assumed it wud be soft.

Ofc if I knew the 2 time TSP veteran, and fast becoming blue hoody legend, Jinglema was gonna be there, I wouldn't have made the comment!

Who'd have thought a proper double your money grinder can play a big MTT, and end up bubbling!!!!!

Couldn't make it up! 

Hope I'm allowed to bring the rubdownz out now, it's been a couple of weeks ;)

Best of luck in the next one, which one is it you're playing?

I know u can substitute the 1k live entry for say 20 primos, or 10 rollers, are you not tempted by that? Or u want another shot at the bigtime?

edit* - Also interested to find out how the whole tsp system works?

Were you in credit before ur recent bink/renewal?

How much did u have to play with?

What are your options?

• edited April 2012
    Haha, alright alright!!! I didn't even look at the qualifiers!!!! Just assumed it wud be soft. Ofc if I knew the 2 time TSP veteran, and fast becoming blue hoody legend, Jinglema was gonna be there, I wouldn't have made the comment! Who'd have thought a proper double your money grinder can play a big MTT, and end up bubbling!!!!! Couldn't make it up!  Hope I'm allowed to bring the rubdownz out now, it's been a couple of weeks ;) Best of luck in the next one, which one is it you're playing? I know u can substitute the 1k live entry for say 20 primos, or 10 rollers, are you not tempted by that? Or u want another shot at the bigtime? edit* - Also interested to find out how the whole tsp system works? Were you in credit before ur recent bink/renewal? How much did u have to play with? What are your options?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    3 time pleaze. :-)

We were given the option of playing UKOPS series 1 the 1st time I qual'd which I took, but this option was taken away the 2nd time and we were kinda told we were being put into GUKPT Walsall which I was v.happy to do and experience.

I haven't had any contact from priority team for this time, when I spoke to them last they said there could be changes in future for TSP so I'll have to wait and see.

I've got £400 in my TSP live roll (can't use online) atm which I was thinking of topping up and using for the £500 DTD £200k gtd deeepstack next month.
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Resultaments! :D In next weeks. The lobby advertised the prizes as "5k roller seat". No sign of a specific date or anything, think that helped swing it with CC! Not ideal, as this weeks will be bigger, and softer, with 20 random league qualifiers..... But the rollers are pretty soft nowardays anyway, loads of weak bad players now that there are a few a week. When they were occasional, the fields were alot stronger. Just got to make sure I'm available now! Weds - Sat - Tues - Fri. :s Guna have to do some tinkering :P Anyway, playing today first. It feels like I've watched thousands of hypers since I've last played one, watching the Hogg crush it.  Hope I can run like he has been running . . . . . . .
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I had an accident last night

played a few 22 quid hypers at about 1.30 am, lost 5 in a row, didnt give up.. Why didnt i stick at the 10s or go to bed like i said i was? Im such a numpty. how to lose 130 quid in half an hour by the hogg. I need you watching!

Oh well ill be back...
  • edited April 2012
    Hey JJ,

I may just have imagined it, but I'm sure I heard somewhere that you were matey with Coxy/used to talk to him a bit about poker. I was just having a look on his website (because Jock mentioned about being coached by him) and reading his blogs about that challenge he did starting from £50.

He said he played SnGs and the odd very cheap MTT until he had built up a roll he was happy to play cash with. I was just wondering if you knew what SnGs he was playing, cos I imagine he'd have said if they were HU SnGs and I can't imagine him doing DYMs (just cos there's better winrates out there), but I always thought there was hardly any money in the regular SnGs.

So do you know what games he was playing? And am I right in thinking them regular SnGs are junk? Second place only gets about double his money (so you might as well play a DYM and only need to come 3rd) and 1st gets about 4x the BI but surely you can't expect to be winning THAT many in comparison to the number of times you won't even cash??

Is this wrong, dya reckon they're good if you're crushing them, how much could you really crush them? (not you in particular).

I only ask all this because after withdrawing some money, and then getting butchered in satellites, I carried on cashing it for a bit, but after having a serious think, I know that my bankroll is not an amount that I'm happy playing cash (even 4NL) but I'm sure I could spin it up through some SnGs, just deciding what's best to play...

Cheers mate.
  • edited April 2012
    DOOOOOMnGLOOOOOMaments :(

Wednesday.

Went bad. 

Went shooting again. Lost again! grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Not so bad this time though, I thought I did myself justice, and just got unlucky in the bigger games. I didn't 'give them away' anyway....

Can kinda handle running bad or being outplayed, it's just hard to live with when I play bad/stupid or take shots in the wrong frame of mind. These were kinda calculated shots. 

Wp nutter. again! lol.

I'll get the better of him 1 day.

DOHHHHHHH  54-$5  $21  -15%-$245  -N/ASkyPoker4/11/2012 4/11/2012 Heads Up SNG Onlyx
    I wasn't going to play poker today, but because of that loss, and needing to get my schedule set to play the roller next Thursday, I'm gonna try and get straight back in to the action.

There's prob a good chance I could bust what's left in my account today after that thrashing^^^^.

That hasn't happened in a while :(

Next time I take a shot, I'm gonna reg for the HU game myself, and wait and see who joins, rather than just joining the first one I see.

Might be interesting to see if the sharks chase me, I have a feeling they will be fighting over my money!

:(  so sighhhhhhhhhh.

Will get there in't'end !

gl all playing this weekend.
  • edited April 2012
    Hey JJ, I may just have imagined it, but I'm sure I heard somewhere that you were matey with Coxy/used to talk to him a bit about poker. I was just having a look on his website (because Jock mentioned about being coached by him) and reading his blogs about that challenge he did starting from £50. He said he played SnGs and the odd very cheap MTT until he had built up a roll he was happy to play cash with. I was just wondering if you knew what SnGs he was playing, cos I imagine he'd have said if they were HU SnGs and I can't imagine him doing DYMs (just cos there's better winrates out there), but I always thought there was hardly any money in the regular SnGs. So do you know what games he was playing? And am I right in thinking them regular SnGs are junk? Second place only gets about double his money (so you might as well play a DYM and only need to come 3rd) and 1st gets about 4x the BI but surely you can't expect to be winning THAT many in comparison to the number of times you won't even cash?? Is this wrong, dya reckon they're good if you're crushing them, how much could you really crush them? (not you in particular). I only ask all this because after withdrawing some money, and then getting butchered in satellites, I carried on cashing it for a bit, but after having a serious think, I know that my bankroll is not an amount that I'm happy playing cash (even 4NL) but I'm sure I could spin it up through some SnGs, just deciding what's best to play... Cheers mate.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Hey Paul.

Are you changing your game, again???? :s

I'm sure at some point in the last 3/4 months you have been grinding,......

NL4
    HU sngs
    DYMS
    MTT's
    NL4 again!

If you go back and read through the HU sng period of your diary, I'm pretty sure you'll conclude they're your most profitable game. Also will fit in well with your current circumstances, with the computer share/work/small sessions etc, you can pop in and out as and when you like, you only really need to commit 10 mins for a game. 

In the early stages of his challenge I was sending coxy his graphs to update his blog, as I was a skope member and he wasn't back then....

So yeah I had a look around at what he was playing.

He didn't play any standard sngs (think you mean scarys). His games were mainly HU sngs, and some dyms. Both NLHE and PLO. 

He favoured the reg speeds, saying they don't take long at all at the micros due to the terrible standard of players. 

But he can easily multi table 3/4 HU sngs alongside mtts etc. Not all of us can do that....

If I were you I'd go back and play the micro turbocharged games. I think they tick most of the boxes.
  • edited April 2012
    Derek!
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Derek!

3 letters.

W T F ???

Did you get it???

I watched it twice, and I really couldn't figure out what it was all about. 

Following the twitter feed and it got really mixed reviews, people seemed to love it or hate it. I was straight down the middle, I was just confused.

Saw before it started Gervais tweeted something like....

"I hope to make you laugh and cry for 30 minutes, hopefully in the right places"

Well I laughed a couple of times, but that's it. People were tweeting they were in tears...

Why??? Very very strange. 

Obviously I hope it turns into a proper series, as more Gervais on tele can only be a good thing, but I hope I'm not always left totally confused after watching it!

Douglas, Douglas, Douglas, Douglas, Douglas.

:)))

• edited April 2012
    I Sky plussed Derek last night cos I didn't wanna miss it but was doing something else. So still not got round to watching it yet... gotta say it did look a little bit strange from the adverts, but I'l give it a go. Can't imagine anything written by Gervais could be THAT bad.

Also cheers for the input. Yeah I'm just being a really indecisive ****, I'd narrowed things down a bit in that I do not have the BR for cash at the moment, I don't think I'll ever play DYMs again (not seriously anyway) because of the rake and how long they take, I know (like you told me when I first started the DYMs) that I can make more money and much faster from HU SnGs.

So that really leaves me with HU SnGs and micro MTTs. I think I'll be mostly playing HU SnGs and maybe the odd micro MTT like the £1, £20 guaranteed tournies cos the standard is awful! The other day I flopped a set, bet 3/4 pot on flop and turn, then jammed the river and got called by 4th pair lol. Went on to win that for about £17.

Decided to take my own advice and play a £1 4man HU yesterday as well, was interesting because I managed to finish off my first opponent in level 1 (as did the other guy) and you keep your chips from the first round so we were 4000 chips deep at only 10/20, never played HU that deep before, but played well and came away with the £4.

So yeah I do still 'want' to play cash but not at the moment, where I can't happily multi-table and lose 4-5 BIs and not be bothered.
  • edited April 2012
    I Sky plussed Derek last night cos I didn't wanna miss it but was doing something else. So still not got round to watching it yet... gotta say it did look a little bit strange from the adverts, but I'l give it a go. Can't imagine anything written by Gervais could be THAT bad.
    Posted by Lambert180
    It was cringeworthy! It was a bit like a really bad 1960's sitcom - but without the laughs!  Also, Id have thought Pilkington would have piped up at some stage and said "This isn't working guys!"

Edit: Forgot to say - great diary/read JJ!
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : It was cringeworthy! It was a bit like a really bad 1960's sitcom - but without the laughs!  Also, Id have thought Pilkington would have piped up at some stage and said "This isn't working guys!"
    Posted by Glenelg
    Sigh.

As Gervais' no.1 fan, I have to admit I used this word to describe the programme.

I was just hoping that 'neutrals' and maybe other fans would see it a different way to me.

My Dad said to me after 10 minutes "I've turned it off JJ it's cr@p"

It tilted me that he could judge it so quickly, so maybe I'm being too hasty after just the pilot episode.

But imo, it was kak. lol. 

There, I said it !!!!

:'(

Chin(s) up Rik!
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Derek! 3 letters. W T F ??? Did you get it???
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Only seen it the once so far but I didn't mind it. I knew in advance it was a bit of a departure from his usual stuff as I'd read there was a serious side to it, like the message of being kind to your elders and the moving death scene. I thought he acted really well in it too.

Still much prefer The Office and Extras and even Life's Too Short (with Warwick as Brent), but I'd like to see more of this show I think.

PS mate, completely O/T but you should really get into Curb Your Enthusiasm if you haven't already!

• edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : Only seen it the once so far but I didn't mind it. I knew in advance it was a bit of a departure from his usual stuff as I'd read there was a serious side to it, like the message of being kind to your elders and the moving death scene. I thought he acted really well in it too. Still much prefer The Office and Extras and even Life's Too Short (with Warwick as Brent), but I'd like to see more of this show I think. PS mate, completely O/T but you should really get into Curb Your Enthusiasm if you haven't already!
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    I lol'd at this, and it's given me hope.

The first time I watched LTS, I remember cringing again at Warwicks performance, as you say basically just playing David Brent.....

But the more I watched, the more I liked, and loved the whole series in the end.

Maybe there is hope for Derek after all.........

Think it should be called Douglas tho :P

KP ftw!

• edited April 2012
    In Response to Re::
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" : I lol'd at this, and it's given me hope. The first time I watched LTS, I remember cringing again at Warwicks performance, as you say basically just playing David Brent..... But the more I watched, the more I liked, and loved the whole series in the end. Maybe there is hope for Derek after all......... Think it should be called Douglas tho :P KP ftw!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Have to admit i was a bit dissapointed myself, although i,ll give it another try next week. He,s got a lot to live up to after The Office, Extras and Idiot abroad. Funniest bit for me was Karl Pilkington trying to act.

On a poker note having similar problems to Lambert. Ended up back at NL4 today after losing a few quid at NL10. DYM results are ok, but thinking of giving the turbo or hyper HU games a go

MP  
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to Re::
    In Response to Re: : Have to admit i was a bit dissapointed myself, although i,ll give it another try next week. He,s got a lot to live up to after The Office, Extras and Idiot abroad. Funniest bit for me was Karl Pilkington trying to act. On a poker note having similar problems to Lambert. Ended up back at NL4 today after losing a few quid at NL10. DYM results are ok, but thinking of giving the turbo or hyper HU games a go MP  
    Posted by MP33
    Ha, that's the thing though he was pretty much playing himself!

I think I'm getting confused by the 'serious' bit of the whole programme. Was just waiting for the next 'comedy' moment. 

Are there any successful 'comedy-dramas' that have already been done? Is this Gervais trying to use his genius to do something new? I just don't understand why he'd try summat like this. 

Ofc will keep watching for the funny bits anyway. :P

He needs to stop falling in ponds though, playing with worms ftw. 

-------------------

Try some HU sngs, they will be profitable....

But after testing the water, do some reasearch, coz it's quite a big transition from mtt's and cash games (it's just alot different, not harder. easier if anything)

Any ?s or hand id's u want help with post up.

gl!