You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

"Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary"

Comments

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" *Shot taking disaster & ROI challenge update*:
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" *Shot taking disaster & ROI challenge update* : Maybe we should play some games, I've tried everything else :(
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    LOL I suck at HU so wouldn't play higher than £2.10 : ) even £3.15s a bit scary in those games!
  • edited January 2012

Had my worst month ever so far @ HU sngs, lack of focus/too much ale @ times & also shocking game selection & shot taking fail.....

Was approaching a $1,000 downswing after sunday. It wasn't really bothering me though, which is good in some ways (well rolled) but bad in others....

It's worrying that I could lose so many buy ins & not really flinch, it was like I didn't really care that much.

So decided to re-think the game plan. Got my strategy clear in my head before the session & focus on every game 100%. Also decided to game select better. Still think I got an edge on all but 2/3 of the hyper regs, but I avoided some of them looking for softer games until I can get out of this hole.

It started well yest, am really determined to get even before Jan ends. even if that means a few small sober sessions :(

yests sesh (includes few time mtt's n FT of a small velo')

------------------------------

ROI challenge update 

UsernameGames PlayedAv. ProfitAv. StakeAv. ROITotal ProfitFormAbility /100NetworkFilter
    DOHHHHHHH  503-$1  $24  0%-$489  -N/ASkyPoker1/1/2012 1/26/2012 G=H Heads Up SNG Onlyx

V

UsernameGames PlayedAv. ProfitAv. StakeAv. ROITotal ProfitFormAbility /100NetworkFilter
    freechips1  586$1  $16  10%$862  HotN/ASkyPoker1/1/2012 1/26/2012 G=H Heads Up SNG Onlyx

so sighhhhh :( lol

--------------------------------------

Fail I can play 2's n 3's will help get the game count up to 750 :)

• edited January 2012
    Thanks for the update mate.
    Just over 150 games to go, will not be happy if i dont hit it now.
    Your worst month would have to involve me, JINX.
    No cheating btw, playing £2 games with a 50% ROI.
    Good luck mate, the end is in sight.  Need to decide if i should stick with these next moth or move onto another game.  Would be a bit dumb to move with 10% ROI.
  • edited January 2012
    Ok DoH if I'm online later I'll have a look out for you, could do a fun first to 5 wins match at the £2.10s, basically free money for you :P
  • edited January 2012
    The end is near.
    50 ish games to go, running real bad at the min.
    Think i will need to win 40 of the next 50 games to keep my ROI in dble figures.
  • edited January 2012

The penultimate day! 

Played on saturday, started around 6pm n played HU's solid for a good few hours. 

It was all going well, until I went on a run of 9 losses in a row @ 21. So demoralising. I was really close to getting even for the month :(

I tilted & went n sat @ 100nl & 200nl where luckily I won a couple of buy ins to end +£375ish for the night but obv that's not reflected in my graph.

DOHHHHHHH  581-$1  $24  1%-$344  -N/ASkyPoker1/1/2012 1/30/2012 G=H Heads Up SNG Onlyx

Graph

V
    freechips1  709$1  $16  8%$866  -N/ASkyPoker1/1/2012 1/30/2012 G=H Heads Up SNG Onlyx

Graph

------------------------

Managed to narrow the gap to just 7% in terms of ROI (shame about the profit) :((

$344 = £220 down again for the month.

I have tomorrow to win £220 over 170 games!

easy :P
  • edited January 2012
    170 games in a day? serious? will be sick if you do it.
    Still unsure what will be a good sample size, dont think 1000 games is big enough. 
    Good luck JJ.
  • edited February 2012
    Well the Saturday drinking session (1pm-5.30am on Sunday) took a whole 3 nights to get over. I could have forced myself to play yest but I fancied a pint about as much as I fancied playing a deepstack!

eurgh!

3 day poker/booze detox & I'm up early today raring to go! New month new optimism & all that. 

----------------------------------------

The good news for nutter/gazza/iso24donk etc is I'm planning on shooting @ higher games again in Feb.

The bad news (4 them) is that I'm really going to 'try' and improve my 'table' selection when I do so. 

Even if I was an established HU shark I'd prob avoid these guys day in day out in favour of softer games where my edge would be bigger. So when trying to move up and test the water, diving in against these players was/is just brainless.

Lesson learnt.

Febuary targets

- Be disciplined early in the month and consolodate the positive end to Jan by playing the games I know I can beat.

- Look to start shooting @ higher games mid month.

- Focus alot more on game/table selection.

- Pay more attention to the lobby looking for softer £25/30/40 games @ turbo/reg speed format rather than just ploughing through the whole night auto-reg'ing hypers.

- Update this thread after every session, not just when I win :P

- Post hands on this thread & take hand id's mid session to review at later date. (something I never normally do)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Congratz to freechips1 for smashing me in our ROI challenge in Jan. 

It was always going to happen, it's just a shame I couldn't give you a better challenge. 

Your final stats for the month are v impressive despite a rough end.

7% ROI vvv impressive, & 750 games a chieved! wp.wp.

.....If you want me to keep posting your graphs up on here just post whenevr you want the info!

• edited February 2012
    Thanks for the updates throughout the month.
    Not sure what to do this month, with coxy about to move upto the £10 games and the fact i cant win a race to save my life, I will have today off to have a think.
    I do like these, the freedom to play for half hour then walk away is great, cant do it with cash or mtt.
    Would like to play mtt for a month but untill sync breaks come in its gotta be a no.
    Its a hollow victory tbh, not happy with the way i ran towards the end of the month.
    Think i will prob stick with these but might move down to the £5 games.
    Good luck this month esp taking shots, do it after 5/6 tins not 10.
  • edited February 2012

Such a half hearted session yesterday, never really got going, then when it got to 11-45 I had to make a session committing decision...

Grind through the night, or ring the chinese ppl up....

Needless to say the chinese won. :(

Was nice tho. 

DOHHHHHHH  44$2  $8  21%$69  -N/ASkyPoker<1Day SNG Onlyx
    Check out my ROI/profit ratio!

I smashed the £1 games all afternoon. lol. Wat a waste of time. Just couldn't get going.

I also played quite a few of the time tournys, was a +£100 day @ poker & +£121 @ bingo ;) (dnt ask:P)

• edited February 2012

I don't normally (ever) post mid session, but If I don't I'm prob gonna quit, or tilt.

Having an absolute nightmare, my last few games are below (lost tonnes before these)
    Date & TimeProductDescriptionAmountHeld FundsPlatformDetail
    04 Feb '12 at 18:17PokerHypercharged£-5.25£0.00AHand History
    04 Feb '12 at 18:14PokerHypercharged£-5.25£0.00AHand History
    04 Feb '12 at 18:09PokerHypercharged£-3.15£0.00AHand History
    04 Feb '12 at 17:57PokerHypercharged£-10.50£0.00AHand History
    04 Feb '12 at 17:48PokerHypercharged£-10.50£0.00AHand History
    04 Feb '12 at 17:44PokerHypercharged£-5.25£0.00InternetHand History
    04 Feb '12 at 17:39PokerHypercharged£-5.25£0.00AHand History
    04 Feb '12 at 17:35PokerHypercharged£4.75£0.00InternetHand History
    04 Feb '12 at 17:28PokerHypercharged£-5.25£0.00InternetHand History
    This is not fun!

Gonna have 10 mins off and come back & hopefully break even for the day.

Az ya can see I've been quite disciplined so far, but losing every single game!

Anyone want a fun game? Best of 3/5/7/9 @ £1 hypers or something to de-tilt me?

Post up we'll get something going.

Until then.....

qpouifhiieyuo82jidjnowieyfdopweiqry89423yohfniowe;cih872435erwlfijweijf !!!
  • edited February 2012
    Lost a mint on the tym's yesternight on the tinter but switched to DL and won a ton back.. 

#GoFigure

xx
  • edited February 2012
    Also, am drunk enough (game called off - pub calling) & happy enough to play a best of three de-tilter £1 HU with you..

In thanks for your contribution to yesternights dilemma...

Keep posting and I'll probs donate more ;o))

xx
  • edited February 2012
    Bored of waiting.. bath.. back in 25..

Be here/there or be a fish ;o)

xx
  • edited February 2012
    I am still tilted, and still losing!

Tweet me for B O 3!

Part of my (not so super)stition when playing hypers is the forum has to be on GPC & minimized, and I have to go to filter to chat only, and then back to mini. 

• edited February 2012
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    xSmall blind  15.00 15.00 685.00
    DOHHHHHHH Big blind  30.00 45.00 270.00
      Your hole cards
    • A

Call  15.00 60.00 670.00
    DOHHHHHHH All-in  270.00 330.00 0.00
    Call  270.00 600.00 400.00
    Show

DOHHHHHHH Show
    • A

• edited February 2012
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" "mini Jan review & Feb targets":
    I am still tilted, and still losing! Tweet me for B O 3! Part of my (not so super)stition when playing hypers is the forum has to be on GPC & minimized, and I have to go to filter to chat only, and then back to mini. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    OCD ftw lol
  • edited February 2012
    Man things don't seem to be going too well. You think it's just run bad leading onto tilt after losing loads? Or bad play leading to tilt? How many games has it been going on for? Like are you in loss over the last 100 games?

If you're still around in about 10 mins, I'll take you in a best of 3, £3.15s. see if I can gift you a tenner.
  • edited February 2012
    1 time!
    Date & TimeProductDescriptionAmountHeld FundsPlatformDetail
    04 Feb '12 at 21:39PokerHypercharged£19.00£0.00InternetHand History
    04 Feb '12 at 21:31PokerHypercharged£19.00£0.00AHand History
    04 Feb '12 at 21:26PokerHypercharged£19.00£0.00AHand History
    04 Feb '12 at 21:22PokerHypercharged£19.00£0.00InternetHand History
    04 Feb '12 at 21:16PokerHypercharged£19.00£0.00AHand History
    04 Feb '12 at 21:10PokerHypercharged£19.00£0.00AHand History
    04 Feb '12 at 21:02PokerHypercharged£19.00£0.00AHand History
    04 Feb '12 at 20:56PokerHypercharged£-21.00£0.00InternetHand History
    04 Feb '12 at 20:54PokerHypercharged£19.00£0.00InternetHand History
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" "mid session moan/tilt, crying cuz I'm losing :(":
    1 time! Date & Time Product Description Amount Held Funds Platform Detail 04 Feb '12 at 21:39 Poker Hypercharged £19.00 £0.00 Internet Hand History 04 Feb '12 at 21:31 Poker Hypercharged £19.00 £0.00 A Hand History 04 Feb '12 at 21:26 Poker Hypercharged £19.00 £0.00 A Hand History 04 Feb '12 at 21:22 Poker Hypercharged £19.00 £0.00 Internet Hand History 04 Feb '12 at 21:16 Poker Hypercharged £19.00 £0.00 A Hand History 04 Feb '12 at 21:10 Poker Hypercharged £19.00 £0.00 A Hand History 04 Feb '12 at 21:02 Poker Hypercharged £19.00 £0.00 A Hand History 04 Feb '12 at 20:56 Poker Hypercharged £-21.00 £0.00 Internet Hand History 04 Feb '12 at 20:54 Poker Hypercharged £19.00 £0.00 Internet Hand History
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Wow, nice one JJ, that's one way to get yourself way above break even after a few low stake losses. Guess you don't need a best of 3 with me anymore lol. At least it means I can stick to the easy opposition.
  • edited February 2012
    the classic "im getting taken to the cleaners at 1 level, i know ,i will jump up 2 levels and get it all back" 
    thats my kinda sat night poker.!
    was down 60 quid playing nl20 during the day, went up to nl50 and walked off with 150. 
    either you were tiltin badly, drunk or very confident to do what you did there . either way nice recovery !

• edited February 2012
    Typing this with 1 eye shut :S

My left 1 fwiw....

Yuk session yest.

Started awful, got worse. I really was running bad. Not just saying that. But it made me play bad too, no excuse for that obv. Mental game fish :(

Turned it around mid session though, n went on some amazing run of winning like 11/12 hypers.

As if that ever happens. 

Here's the stats.

DOHHHHHHH  85$2  $21  1%$191  -N/ASkyPoker<1Day SNG Onlyx
    And the graph....

Note the turning point where I gave tripple 5's a game :D

------------------------------------------

@ poddington, 21's r my normal game, I normally start with lower ones while I get drunk tho as I'm scared to play for proper money sober :(

They respect my raises @ that level too.

Homegame? ;)
  • edited February 2012
    i know it is mate :-). just playin. think i might stop the nl20 thing in the day, its good as i play on my main computer and can have 6/8 tables open so i can get some volume in. then in the evening i got the lappy and sit with the wife watch telly etc and will only play 1or2 tables of 30 or 50. but swings at 20s seem worse (shouldnt be). when you having another home game?
  • edited February 2012
    "the wife" :)

Home game can start anytime! Up to you to round up the orange brigade, all the fishy 1's plz.

So that's all your team apart from Phil :P lololol

Next friday imo, plo, nlhe, & plo/nlhe mixed game.

Anyone who reads this diary n fancies a game post up and i'll pm you the codes n stuff.
  • edited February 2012
    ok mate will do. def wont invite phil lol. now go to bed!!!
  • edited February 2012
    Here's the stats.

DOHHHHHHH  85$2  $21  1%$191  -N/ASkyPoker<1Day SNG Onlyx
    And the graph....

Note the turning point where I gave tripple 5's a game :D

------------------------------------------

PMSL!!! So THATS where my run good got to? ;o)

Nice work dear!! 

De-tilting snogs ftw..

xx
  • edited February 2012

idcu, are you around today for that fun best of 3/5????

If so post up here we'll play about 4ish.

If anyone else wants a mess about game @ micros post up this afto plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :)
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" wibble, wibble, wibble:
    idcu, are you around today for that fun best of 3/5???? If so post up here we'll play about 4ish. If anyone else wants a mess about game @ micros post up this afto plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    ]

Turbo best of 5?