You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

"Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary"

Comments

• edited February 2012
    Aight fail. I hope your tactic isn't to convince me to play a turbo then bore me to death. 

Can play in the next half hour or so?

Currently failing in a roller sat thing, so either come find me @ my table n sort summat or post here. 

• edited February 2012
    Dohhhh

Replied to PM - thanks for your kind words )
  • edited February 2012
    Was my call in that last game bad ?

My thoughts were basically that  you were down quite a few and needed to take a risk so saw quite a few Kxs in your range?

And if I did lose I still had 650 left.

Honest answer please...
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" fao idcu!:
    Was my call in that last game bad ? My thoughts were basically that  you were down quite a few and needed to take a risk so saw quite a few Kxs in your range? And if I did lose I still had 650 left. Honest answer please...
    Posted by Poker_Fail
    Trying to guess the situation from your post, but if I'm right, and he's down a bit so it's about 1300 v 700, if the blinds are 25/50 or bigger, I'm calling with a rag ace (even A2) against Dohh (I'm guessing that's what you called with), assuming he didn't just open shove 700 at 25/50 but I'd put money on the fact he would NEVER do that.
  • edited February 2012
    Fail I'm snap calling your hand in that spot, it's not even close.

Anyone fancy a few micro hypers? Got half hour before 7

1 show request per game.

lets goooooo
  • edited February 2012
    I'll take you on, how micro is micro?
  • edited February 2012
    as micro as is micro-ply possible...

so on hypers, £1......

• edited February 2012
    as micro as is micro-ply possible... so on hypers, £1......
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Ok £1 hypers, who's gonna reg?
  • edited February 2012
    Fail I'm snap calling your hand in that spot, it's not even close. Anyone fancy a few micro hypers? Got half hour before 7 1 show request per game. lets goooooo
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Do you mean if you were me with KQ? cos you shoved and i called, or do you mean if I had shoved you'd snap with your A9?
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" fao idcu! : Do you mean if you were me with KQ? cos you shoved and i called, or do you mean if I had shoved you'd snap with your A9?
    Posted by Poker_Fail
    Jesus, A9, that's a monster...when you're playing Dohhhh ;)
  • edited February 2012
    Yes you asked about your spot with the KQ? snap call obv. I'm re-shipping so wide there, like as wide as 75s. Lambo, u still wanna play? meet on a freeplay or sumthin? or just go on msn !!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I'm on Praia 0.5/1freeplay
  • edited February 2012
    Yes you asked about your spot with the KQ? snap call obv. I'm re-shipping so wide there, like as wide as 75s. Lambo, u still wanna play? meet on a freeplay or sumthin? or just go on msn !!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Oh good, so although I got lucky at least it wasn't a mistake, very good games, should do it again sometime :)
  • edited February 2012
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Dunno where u went but I'm registered in a £1 hyper if u get in quick.
  • edited February 2012
    Sorry about my rubbish connection,

So it was 2-0 to you

then 2-0 to me

then 1-0 to me in the decider but my laptop killed the action

EDIT: Very lucky for me to wake up with KQ when we were so short u just suggested an all in lol.
  • edited February 2012
    Woo I'm back on the download client if u wanna finish the decider?
  • edited February 2012
  • edited February 2012
    Cheers, I'm glad I can hold my own against you, even if it is only in the short term.
  • edited February 2012

The results from yest would suggest a fairly uneventful session, but when you look @ the graph you'll see it was anything but. 

It's becoming more apparent with every session just how important momentum is playing HU, even in the hyper format.

When you get on a losing run everything seems to go against you.

But when you're winning, you seem to hit every card & all your decisions pay off!

UsernameGames PlayedAv. ProfitAv. StakeAv. ROITotal ProfitFormAbility /100NetworkFilter
    DOHHHHHHH  55$0  $21  -6%-$6  -N/ASkyPoker<1Day SNG Onlyx

Managed to bink a roller sat which was worth £110, & won abit @ cash (again after losing alot) so another steady +£150ish day.

Good start to Feb close to $1k up already, finally getting my year going, although the HU sngs still aren't going great. 

Can't keep relying on 200nl shots/mtts though, gonna do some reading/watch sum vids today and see if I'm doing anything wrong in the hyp's!

ty fail & lambo for the games yest, anyone wanna play on Thurs post up and we'll sort summat. 

• edited February 2012
    Do you not think you are a much better cash player JJ?

I think your edge at 30nl is probably far more profitable then your edge at these hypers.
  • edited February 2012
    ty fail & lambo for the games yest, anyone wanna play on Thurs post up and we'll sort summat. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Was a very fun little session, i'd be up for it again, maybe even a best of 7!?
  • edited February 2012
    you play 40th-50th games with your eyes closed? :-). 2nd to what last post but 1 said, nl30 must be better for you. ps now i see you on nl200 so you cant be doing too bad at these!!
  • edited February 2012

Solid session yesterday, poor volume bit I was playing elsewhere for abit & watching football etc.

Not much to comment on, pleased with just a solid profit to keep the Febuary momentum going, & because Saturdays are normally bad days for me. 

Here's the stats . . . . . .

UsernameGames PlayedAv. ProfitAv. StakeAv. ROITotal ProfitFormAbility /100NetworkFilter
    DOHHHHHHH  40$5  $22  14%$215  -N/ASkyPoker<1Day SNG Onlyx
    Graph

• edited February 2012
    early update today, tyvm binmen! 

Another winning 'session' yesterday, must've run pretty well to get that ROI, but the sample sizes are getting lower. 

Think mentally I'm setting goals in my head to try and make like $200 a day, and not really pushing myself.

Not gonna be too hard on myself coz the feeling of underachieving is alot easier to live with than how I felt this time last month when I was getting my ar se spanked.

DOHHHHHHH  35$6  $24  25%$226  Super HotN/ASkyPoker<1Day Heads Up SNG Onlyx
    Unusual thing about the graph is the way I ended. Theres normally always a few losses @ the end, it's rare that I finish on a high. Musta been sozzled & unable to continue. 

My head now suggests I was anyway. 

Graph

----------------------------------------------------------------

Halfway through the month & very pleased with how things are going.

Referring back to my goals @ the start of the month, I planned to start taking some shots round about now..........

I'm abit reluctant to do that though after Jan's fail.

Once bitten twice shy n all that. In my case its like 75 times bitten, 76th time very shy. So bad at shot taking :(

Maybe I'll leave it another week :P lol.

Anyway here's my stats for the month so far, firstly HU sngs only, then overall, including a few small speed/time mtts.

DOHHHHHHH  261$3  $19  8%$694  Super HotN/ASkyPoker2/1/2012 2/15/2012 Heads Up SNG Onlyx
    DOHHHHHHH  313$3  $17  11%$784  -N/ASkyPoker2/1/2012 2/15/2012x

Add in a couple of good cash sessions, around 15 buy ins up in old money (30nl) n It's a v good start to the month, around $1.6k to the good.

As always, stats in $$ when winning n ££ when losing :P

Hope everyones running ok, any1 got any questions or fancies a few HU sngs for fun, post up and we'll sort summat. 

Next session will be Friday, which is always fun :)))
  • edited February 2012
    nice

btw change from dollars to GBP - so annoying )

think it's in prefs
  • edited February 2012
    Few questions dohhhhhh if u dont mind?

Do u game select at all, if thats possible in SNG's on Sky?

Do u play exclusively hypers, or do u dabble in standards n turbos?

I have played a few hypers n turbos n feel ( from experience) that im better of playing standards as i have more success in them. Problem is that i want to b playing more heads up matches an hour n that is very hard playing standards.

How many tables do u advocate in heads up games? I play 2-3 but as soon as I play 4 i feel like im expliotable/losing player. 

• edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: "Sit & DOHHHHHHH Diary" *1/2 thru feb, review*:
    Few questions dohhhhhh if u dont mind? Do u game select at all, if thats possible in SNG's on Sky? Do u play exclusively hypers, or do u dabble in standards n turbos? I have played a few hypers n turbos n feel ( from experience) that im better of playing standards as i have more success in them. Problem is that i want to b playing more heads up matches an hour n that is very hard playing standards. How many tables do u advocate in heads up games? I play 2-3 but as soon as I play 4 i feel like im expliotable/losing player. 
    Posted by KKrippler
    Funnily enough I was talking to JJ/Dohhhh about this last night, we both agreed that 2 tabling hypers is manic and really hard work. 

As hypers are all about volume and pushing a small edge imo multitabling is a no no. In anycase you can get serious volume in just one tabling. Turbos are slightly different, I would say its easy to two table and still have an edge, as for 10 min blinds perhaps someone like gaza559 would be in a position to answer your question, I know he sucessfully plays several tables at the same time at higher stakes. 
  • edited February 2012
    Few questions dohhhhhh if u dont mind? Do u game select at all, if thats possible in SNG's on Sky? Do u play exclusively hypers, or do u dabble in standards n turbos? I have played a few hypers n turbos n feel ( from experience) that im better of playing standards as i have more success in them. Problem is that i want to b playing more heads up matches an hour n that is very hard playing standards. How many tables do u advocate in heads up games? I play 2-3 but as soon as I play 4 i feel like im expliotable/losing player. 
    Posted by KKrippler
    Het krippler, i'll try & break down your post n give my views, will explain at the end why they probably aren't the best to listen to though.

Do I game select at all?

Assuming there's no strange circumstances, (ie I'm not shot taking or on tilt) then yeh, kinda....

The player base @ hypers is quite small, especially @ 10's & even more so @ 20's which is where I play the most. 

I kinda have "unwritten" rules, with 1 or 2 of the better regs that we don't play eachother. I can count on 1 hand the number of players I don't enjoy facing @ 20's, but think only 1 or 2 of those are as good as/better than me.....

But with the small edge @ hypers that gooner refers to in his post, even the players who are 'decent' or small winners I often try to avoid and there are a couple I have spoken to who agree & avoid me also, acegooner himself is 1. 

It's not often an issue though, coz normally I'm the first to reg and wait for a game anyway. 

But yea if I could chose 1 hyper reg to gtfo sky it would be riverman1, prob bawfizzle after that, then unless I'm forgetting anyone, I dont really worry about the rest. lol.

Do I play only hypers or dabble in other formats?

I would say 95% hypers.

I've kinda been backed into this because I'm very lazy, and struggle to concentrate for long periods of time. If I were to play reg speeds or even turbos, assuming the game lasted to maybe 50/100 for example, there would be times when I'd just switch off/play bad, probably get over aggressive & get picked off by good solid players.

I found this out to my cost last month when I took some shots at 50/100 pound turbos/reg speeds.

I feel my strength is playing <15xbb stacks. I'm good at getting a feel for my opponent, and my call/shoving ranges are unexploitable once I can catagorize my opponent. 

Also in hypers, no matter what the stacks are, you're never out of the game. I love this dynamic. Yesterday I won from 50/950 for example.

How many tables do I advocate playing?

I'm in the same boat as you really. My volume is pretty poor.

Multi tabling is something I wanna get better at. I said above that I rely alot on my feel for the opponent and game flow. I feel I can sense when he's getting frustrated, when he may be willing to adapt his own ranges in response to how I'm playing, etc....

I think if I were to 2 table hypers I would lose alot of the small edge I have, & probably turn into a small loser, or at best a break even player.

I don't think it's black & white though, I reckon it's something you get better at with practise....

Maybe once I learn to mutli, i'll stop trying to make hero calls with Q high etc & start playing more abc...

Will lead to a lower ROI, but more volume shud prob increase profit......

---------------------------------------------------------

As i said at the start, my views are probably flawed though due to my lazyness.....

I'm also a pretty aggressive player, I try to outplay my opponents & make some crazy moves/bluffs/calls etc...basically trying to push my edge as far as I can, which obv sumtimes backfires but long term it's proving profitable....

As with most types of sngs, theres an abc way to play which prob guarentees a +ve ROI over time. It will involve learning unexploitable ranges, often the book will say there's a right play & a wrong play in almost all situations, & if you learn the strategies, combine it with big volume, you make money simplez....

Not really for me, although 1 day I might have to try it :P

Thnx for your post, if I've missed anything, or you want me to elaborate on owt, get bak to me.

gl in your games.

• edited February 2012
    1) Change fro $ to £

2) change form to WLLWLWLWL or whatever

you sharkscope noob :P

I'm gonna finally have a shot at Turbo HU games starting @&pound;3.15, only played 14 so far but will try and get a decent vollume in today

Want another HU match in a couple hours? If yes how will I get your attention then?
  • edited February 2012
    played 20 (1 £10, rest £5) of these earlier, won 8 lost 12, feel like maybe I'm not stacking off light enough.

people were limp/calling hands J8/Q5 on the button and binking 2 pair vs me which was annoyinggggg.

any advice for basic stackoff range from level 4 onwards
  • edited February 2012
    played 20 (1 £10, rest £5) of these earlier, won 8 lost 12, feel like maybe I'm not stacking off light enough. people were limp/calling hands J8/Q5 on the button and binking 2 pair vs me which was annoyinggggg. any advice for basic stackoff range from level 4 onwards
    Posted by NColley
    really tough to answer, depends on so much.....

Some players you can jam any 2 suited pretty much, some you can limp a wide range, try & make top pair, some you can even min raise fold.

Spose default shoving range is suited kings, Q8s+ all aces, pairs......

Important to adapt your ranges to your opponent though. 

There are some players I play, I could have 400 chips v their 600 @ 25/50 & id consider myself a favourite as they're clueless when it comes to shove/fold.