You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Total Fix

edited July 2010 in Area 51
I cant beleive I am still playing on this poker site. The presenters stand on the TV and bleet about odds this and odds that. Well stuff your odds where the sun dont shine. Odds on flush over flush, set over set etc etc etc. I have played on the cash tables doing a bit of a survey and have jotted down every time i got delt a pocket pair, hit a set, hit a flush etc etc etc. Then how many won and .... well i think you can get the picture. Its a joke the ammount of times you get bad beat in a hand, i know the other player is making a bad call in the first place but some of the hands you cant get away from. Its like bad play is rewarded over and over again.

One more thing how is it that there is always one person sat at the table that just seems to catch everything. yes he might be a good player but if you watch and i have it happens on every table.

I will not be playing on this site again or probably even read your replies so fill your boots say what you want, i know some of you agree but are just too wet to say anything.

Total BINGO poker site.

Comments

• edited October 2009
    Sadly m8 we all get the bad beats on mon i had quads get beat and 4 set over sets grrrrrrrrr but its part n parcel of the game so have chill time then come back n win loads
  • edited October 2009
    You ought to use the fact that some of the lower value games can sometimes be like a 'bingo site' to your advantage.

When you can adapt your game to take into account loose call, shoves, etc. It can be quite profitible here.

I get plenty of beats, and look at the players hole cards and think, 'why is he even in this pot?' but long term these will be losing plays and a steady, solid player will overcome this and start to turn a profit. 

Bad play is rewared in isolated incidents, that goes for here and any other site, but long term, they will be making much more frequent deposits from their own bank account. You would think that after making deposit after deposit then people may look at trying to improve their game but thankfully for the rest of us, they don't.

This site, by far, has been the easiest for me to build up a steady bankroll, long may that continue.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Total Fix:
    I cant beleive I am still playing on this poker site. The presenters stand on the TV and bleet about odds this and odds that. Well stuff your odds where the sun dont shine. Odds on flush over flush, set over set etc etc etc. I have played on the cash tables doing a bit of a survey and have jotted down every time i got delt a pocket pair, hit a set, hit a flush etc etc etc. Then how many won and .... well i think you can get the picture. Its a joke the ammount of times you get bad beat in a hand, i know the other player is making a bad call in the first place but some of the hands you cant get away from. Its like bad play is rewarded over and over again. One more thing how is it that there is always one person sat at the table that just seems to catch everything. yes he might be a good player but if you watch and i have it happens on every table. I will not be playing on this site again or probably even read your replies so fill your boots say what you want, i know some of you agree but are just too wet to say anything. Total BINGO poker site.
    Posted by SAFCarmy
    That'll be me again, then.

Mr SAFC, if you want to discss this, I'm happy to spend my time debating it.

But I'd ask you to keep it civil, please. I'll not be rude to you, or about you, so I'd appreciate you reciprocating that.

Happy to debate it, as long as we keep it civil.
  • edited October 2009
    I stopped playing on Sky about a week ago. Nothing was going right, every tournament I played I walked into a hand that took me out. I got to the stage where i expected to be taken out, every hand I played I was waiting for it. Of course it didn't happen every hand but when it did, because I'd been anticipating it, I remembered it. That then progressed to the next game where again I was expecting it, and so on. When you get to that stage it's easy to imagine that things are set against you and to some extent that is true. Luck and good fortune never run smooth. they come in waves along with bad luck. I never had a car crash for 20 years then had 3 in one weekend. I haven't had a puncture for ages but I got 3 in the same wheel in the space of a couple of weeks recently. The cards flow the same way, when we have good fortune we tend to forget the detail but bad luck is different because it affects us personally and we remember it. When our poker gets to the stage where we think that it's stacked against us the tendency is to change our game to try to beat it......and that makes matters worse.

If it's got so bad that you think the site/software/presenters/office cat and the world is fixing things against you, take a break. We all get blunted if we play too much, sitting in front of a PC for hours on end is not good for us and eventually takes it's toll. Change your routine for a while and refresh yourself and see what happens when you come back without the negative thoughts. I will be back at some point when I am sure I won't taint my ability with negatives.
  • edited October 2009
    Good to see you still on the forums Elsa,

Hope you break is doing some good, and when your ready, come back and hit em where it hurts!! (the pocket)
  • edited October 2009
    Thnx Hale..............my break is costing a fortune. I've uprated my Aquarium - new tank, new filters etc about, £450 so far. Need to start poker again soon even losing is cheaper than this.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Total Fix:
    Thnx Hale..............my break is costing a fortune. I've uprated my Aquarium - new tank, new filters etc about, £450 so far. Need to start poker again soon even losing is cheaper than this.
    Posted by elsadog
    great to have you back ELSA play again soon and gl to you and your fish LOL
  • edited October 2009
    oh and with regards to SAFcarmys post i to have just been sitting on a cash table where ONE person kept gettin the good hands.IT WAS ME,TOTAL FIX lol
  • edited October 2009
    Elsa, were you aware you were in a deepstack yesterday?

I think you won the caption competition.

I'm sure Sky Rich will put you in another one if you didn't know.
  • edited October 2009
    Elsa, were you aware you were in a deepstack yesterday? I think you won the caption competition. I'm sure Sky Rich will put you in another one if you didn't know.
    Posted by Hale72
    oh yeah i forgot i was sast on one of his tables in it,and he was AWAY
  • edited October 2009
    I knew I'd won the caption but not the deepstack. Too late to worry about that, but thanks sky.

Dav.........did I play well?
  • edited October 2009
    I'm sure they will put you in another...

Sky Rich is pretty good like that, plus it would be the perfect game to ease in with. No bankroll risk and decent play with fewer beats.

I assume you got blinded out and bubbled!! At least you suffered no bad beats!
  • edited October 2009
    I stopped playing on Sky about a week ago. Nothing was going right, every tournament I played I walked into a hand that took me out. I got to the stage where i expected to be taken out, every hand I played I was waiting for it. Of course it didn't happen every hand but when it did, because I'd been anticipating it, I remembered it. That then progressed to the next game where again I was expecting it, and so on. When you get to that stage it's easy to imagine that things are set against you and to some extent that is true. Luck and good fortune never run smooth. they come in waves along with bad luck. I never had a car crash for 20 years then had 3 in one weekend. I haven't had a puncture for ages but I got 3 in the same wheel in the space of a couple of weeks recently. The cards flow the same way, when we have good fortune we tend to forget the detail but bad luck is different because it affects us personally and we remember it. When our poker gets to the stage where we think that it's stacked against us the tendency is to change our game to try to beat it......and that makes matters worse. If it's got so bad that you think the site/software/presenters/office cat and the world is fixing things against you, take a break. We all get blunted if we play too much, sitting in front of a PC for hours on end is not good for us and eventually takes it's toll. Change your routine for a while and refresh yourself and see what happens when you come back without the negative thoughts. I will be back at some point when I am sure I won't taint my ability with negatives.
    Posted by elsadog

hi elsa surely this applies to every tourny you dont win?,lol

everything you say in the rest of the post i have felt and been through and you absoloulty did the right thing in taking a break and coming back in a different frame of mind....
    good luck at the tables,dave

• edited October 2009
    Everyone has bad beats, It is how you respond to them that matters.
    I just take a break from playing and look through the forum until I am ready to play again and then go back to playing my normal game.
    If you get your chips in good and get outdrawn then thats poker.
    Nice to see you back on the forum elsadog.
  • edited October 2009
    I knew I'd won the caption but not the deepstack. Too late to worry about that, but thanks sky. Dav.........did I play well?
    Posted by elsadog
    Best I've ever seen you play. It was like watching me.

Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Total Fix : Best I've ever seen you play. It was like watching me. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass.
    Posted by Tikay10

I'm nothing if not tight ( at least according to my wife, children, grandchildren, mother-in-law, vicar, window cleaner and 14,000 kids in funny costumes who are due to start calling any day now).
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Total Fix : I'm nothing if not tight ( at least according to my wife, children, grandchildren, mother-in-law, vicar, window cleaner and 14,000 kids in funny costumes who are due to start calling any day now).
    Posted by elsadog

That's just reminded me that about 10 years ago I spent £400 on my wife's birthday present and didn't even get a thank you for it.

However the guys at my local hardware store still say I'm their hero and never fail to ask if the lawnmower is still going well.

True story btw.
  • edited October 2009
    I got my husband a drill last year hoping he would get the hint and do a bit of diy.

He spent the first weekend in the back garden just drilling holes into bits of wood for no reason.

Now, that's a true story!
  • edited October 2009
    I got my husband a drill last year hoping he would get the hint and do a bit of diy. He spent the first weekend in the back garden just drilling holes into bits of wood for no reason. Now, that's a true story!
    Posted by Hale72
    Perfectly normal and acceptable.........the drill needs to be broken-in and the drill-bits need to mature for anything up to 3 years. He'll start when the drill is ready.

My wife is well aware of this.....surprised you didn't know.
  • edited October 2009

Does this apply to all of his tools?

Over the years he has had various drills, wallpaper strippers, paint strippers, work benches (unable to assemble BTW) jigsaws, electric screwdrivers, a dremmel multi bit, circular saws, nail guns, electric tile cutters, sanders..............

You name it, he's got it. Unfortunately,he says he cant assemble the tool bench because he needs a tool bench to grip it with.

Most other tools get the one and only outing in the back garden after his birthday, for a play, then go back in the box.

If I took em all back to B&Q, I'm pretty sure I could clear the mortgage. I would certainly have at least enough for a nice holiday.

• edited October 2009
    Does this apply to all of his tools? Over the years he has had various drills, wallpaper strippers, paint strippers, work benches (unable to assemble BTW) jigsaws, electric screwdrivers, a dremmel multi bit, circular saws, nail guns, electric tile cutters, sanders.............. You name it, he's got it. Unfortunately,he says he cant assemble the tool bench because he needs a tool bench to grip it with. Most other tools get the one and only outing in the back garden after his birthday, for a play, then go back in the box. If I took em all back to B&Q, I'm pretty sure I could clear the mortgage. I would certainly have at least enough for a nice holiday.
    Posted by Hale72
    hale youre so selfish.just kiddin lol
  • edited October 2009
    Assembling a tool bench without the aid of a tool bench is a definite no no on elf and safe tea grounds. Your husband is obviously a conscientious diy'er and I personally can't fault that. Given the dilema he has I feel that time will heal and eventually a safe solution will present itself. You can't rush diy if you want a quality job.

I too have a shed load of tools and in fact I had to buy a new shed to house them. Unfortunately I have been unable to build the new shed due to the lack of a suitable hammerfor. Hopefully I'll get one for Christmas.
  • edited October 2009
    Assembling a tool bench without the aid of a tool bench is a definite no no on elf and safe tea grounds. Your husband is obviously a conscientious diy'er and I personally can't fault that. Given the dilema he has I feel that time will heal and eventually a safe solution will present itself. You can't rush diy if you want a quality job. I too have a shed load of tools and in fact I had to buy a new shed to house them. Unfortunately I have been unable to build the new shed due to the lack of a suitable hammerfor. Hopefully I'll get one for Christmas.
    Posted by elsadog
    a hammerfor? whats a hammerfor? BANGIN NAILS IN? LOL ps you in the affordable 2nite elsa? if so best of luck to you m8
  • edited October 2009

His major use for a hammer is to 's crew' in screws.

• edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Total Fix : a hammerfor? whats a hammerfor? BANGIN NAILS IN? LOL ps you in the affordable 2nite elsa? if so best of luck to you m8
    Posted by dav1964
    Was hoping someone would bite :)

No m8 still abstaining for a bit longer. Playing with me fish is the new poker........for now.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Total Fix : Was hoping someone would bite :) No m8 still abstaining for a bit longer. Playing with me fish is the new poker........for now.
    Posted by elsadog
    ok.see ya very soon i hope
  • edited October 2009
    His major use for a hammer is to 's crew' in screws.
    Posted by Hale72

He uses screws wow! he's an expert, I'm a nail and cellotape man myself. Look after him Hale you have a treasure there.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Total Fix : He uses screws wow! he's an expert, I'm a nail and cellotape man myself. Look after him Hale you have a treasure there.
    Posted by elsadog
    No, he actually put up our bathroom cabinet and mirror using the wonders of 'liquid nails'.

He tried the same with the smoke alarm and the coat hooks.

The liquid nails held a treat but when I put a coat on it, it pulled the paint off the plaster!

5 months later and guess what? The coat hooks are still on the floor in the coat cupboard where they fell!
  • edited October 2009
    Weak paint is a problem. He's obviously waiting for the bare plaster to mature. Perhaps when he refits the hooks you might consider buying lighweight coats.
  • edited October 2009
    I do love the way the original post is totally forgotten in these threads.