You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Total Fix

Comments

• edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Total Fix:
    I do love the way the original post is totally forgotten in these threads.
    Posted by apollo_11
    Hardly important though is it, given we're in Area 51? If it was in any other forum then yes it could be an issue... lol

• edited October 2009
    To be fair, 18 months ago, he started a project involving completely renovating the house. He gutted and stripped every room, then had it all replastered.

He enjoyed the gutting and stripping bit and managed to get the bathroom, Kitchen and son's bedroom finished.

Unfortunately, that's where his interest ebbed. Begrudgingly, he painted a base coat of white everywhere else and put up the new light fittings in every room so we could actually see in the dark. The hall has no side on one side of the stairs, nor a bannister. My 2 year old has to hold on to the walls for dear life when going up the stairs, going down is a complete no no.

We have had no window fittings in our bedroom or the lounge now for over a year.

It's a very, very good job we live in a secluded close, either that or after 11 years of marriage, no one is that interested anymore.

So his interest has definately wained somewhat, but for some reason, tomorrow, he is going to help a friend of his paint his spare room!
  • edited October 2009
    That's what mates are for.
  • edited October 2009
    I do love the way the original post is totally forgotten in these threads.
    Posted by apollo_11
    Standard Area 51 Poker Forum practice. Introduce diversionary tactics, ask about the weather, does the grass needs mowing, the price of haddock.
  • edited October 2009
    the price of haddock.
    Posted by Tikay10
    No problem my friend.

Waitrose are doing fresh prime Icelandic Haddock fillets for £5.95 (0.35kg)

Hope that helps :)

• edited October 2009
    In Response to Total Fix:
    I cant beleive I am still playing on this poker site. The presenters stand on the TV and bleet about odds this and odds that. Well stuff your odds where the sun dont shine. Odds on flush over flush, set over set etc etc etc. I have played on the cash tables doing a bit of a survey and have jotted down every time i got delt a pocket pair, hit a set, hit a flush etc etc etc. Then how many won and .... well i think you can get the picture. Its a joke the ammount of times you get bad beat in a hand, i know the other player is making a bad call in the first place but some of the hands you cant get away from. Its like bad play is rewarded over and over again. One more thing how is it that there is always one person sat at the table that just seems to catch everything. yes he might be a good player but if you watch and i have it happens on every table. I will not be playing on this site again or probably even read your replies so fill your boots say what you want, i know some of you agree but are just too wet to say anything. Total BINGO poker site.
    Posted by SAFCarmy
    Well, what was the results? I'm intrigued.

How do you play? Maybe you need to adjust your risk/reward ratio, you are perhaps playing too passively when picking up these big hands, minimising the value and maximising the outdraw possibilities, giving the other players a chance to draw to flushes and other draws cheaply.
    By betting stronger with these strong hands, you aren't letting your opponent hit their hand cheaply and if they don't hit (which they don't statistically the majority of the time) you will win a big pot instead of winning a small pot. Even though they might fold 50% of the time, the 50% of the time they call, you're a favourite to win a big pot, 80% of the time you'll win, 1 in 5 times they'll hit but as long as you played the hand correctly, you'll be a winning player in the long run.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Total Fix : Well, what was the results? I'm intrigued. How do you play? Maybe you need to adjust your risk/reward ratio, you are perhaps playing too passively when picking up these big hands, minimising the value and maximising the outdraw possibilities, giving the other players a chance to draw to flushes and other draws cheaply. By betting stronger with these strong hands, you aren't letting your opponent hit their hand cheaply and if they don't hit (which they don't statistically the majority of the time) you will win a big pot instead of winning a small pot. Even though they might fold 50% of the time, the 50% of the time they call, you're a favourite to win a big pot, 80% of the time you'll win, 1 in 5 times they'll hit but as long as you played the hand correctly, you'll be a winning player in the long run.
    Posted by Kevilfish
    good post kevilfish
  • edited October 2009
    Can we get this thread back on track please...........I thought this was the place to discuss the tools.

Read the title..............''TOTAL FIX '' if that's not DIY I don't know what is.
  • edited October 2009
    Can we get this thread back on track please...........I thought this was the place to discuss the tools. Read the title..............''TOTAL FIX '' if that's not DIY I don't know what is.
    Posted by elsadog
    thx for your coment, but no help. go waste your time else where. muppet
  • edited October 2009

SAF, I really don't understand why you're still here?

• edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Total Fix : thx for your coment, but no help. go waste your time else where. muppet
    Posted by SAFCarmy

and you really do need help don't you
  • edited October 2009

SAF has proved hes a complete and utter mug

• edited October 2009
    lol! nicely put MH... now back to DIY please, hate when these important posts go off track...
  • edited October 2009
    I bought some flat-packed tables and bookcases a few months ago and they're still flat-packed.
    Can you tell me when they are going to self-assemble?
    I've got a terrible feeling that if they don't self-assemble soon that I'm going to have to try and do it myself.
  • edited October 2009
    I bought some flat-packed tables and bookcases a few months ago and they're still flat-packed. Can you tell me when they are going to self-assemble? I've got a terrible feeling that if they don't self-assemble soon that I'm going to have to try and do it myself.
    Posted by MereNovice
    A common mis-conception donkey. However don't despair.

First question = Have you taken the wrappers off yet? If yes -see method 1. If no go directly to method 2.

There are two methods for assembling flat packs, as follows:-

Method 1.Tools required = Hammer, screwdriver, circular saw, bench drill, electric plane, nail gun (you don't actually need this but they're great fun), Anadin Extra (large pack), plasters or a good first aid kit (you shouldn't actually need this, it depends on how much fun you have with the nail gun), reciprocating saw (450w minimum), Pliers, eye protection (see nail gun), cricket box (see nail gun and/or partners satisfaction survey to be conducted after completion), Large tub of glue, cellotape, ball of string and finally another roll of cellotape (you can never have too much cellotape on a job like this).

Method 2. Take it back to the shop and make them an offer for the one in the window.
  • edited October 2009

Hubby bought a wardrobe for my sons recently, being clever he bunged the delivery drivers a tenner to assenble it for him, which they gladly did.

Unfortunately his measuring skills were not as astute and the gap it was meant for was 2 inches too narrow.

The end result?? We now have no skirting board in my sons room across 2 walls.

• edited October 2009
    In response to the original post. i alway used to go on about it being fixed etc.  I found the best way was to stop playing for a while. A couple of days usually. Also i learned not to change my playing style as this seemed to make my bad luck streaks last longer. My advice to safcarmy is to look for my id and come and join my table when his luck is really bad, as i need the money for to pay a real joiner after my last diy disaster.
  • edited October 2009
    In response to the original post. i alway used to go on about it being fixed etc.  I found the best way was to stop playing for a while. A couple of days usually. Also i learned not to change my playing style as this seemed to make my bad luck streaks last longer. My advice to safcarmy is to look for my id and come and join my table when his luck is really bad, as i need the money for to pay a real joiner after my last diy disaster.
    Posted by squatch
    Good to see you got your reply back on thread towards the end squatch. In a recent survey undertaken by oynutter it was found that over 85% of poker players are trying to win money to fund DIY projects and/or pay compensation to unfortunate injury victims. So on that score you fit in nicely in area51.
  • edited October 2009
    Hubby bought a wardrobe for my sons recently, being clever he bunged the delivery drivers a tenner to assenble it for him, which they gladly did. Unfortunately his measuring skills were not as astute and the gap it was meant for was 2 inches too narrow. The end result?? We now have no skirting board in my sons room across 2 walls.
    Posted by Hale72
    Using the so called experts doesn't always pay off as you've found Hale. I know they say it's horses for courses but in my experience horses are not very good at DIY, as are donkeys (see above problems encountered by donkeymere).
  • edited October 2009
    I know they say it's horses for courses but in my experience horses are not very good at DIY
    Posted by elsadog
    You're not wrong. I got a horse in to do a tiling job, cuz he was cheap, but it was a right 'mare!
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Total Fix : You're not wrong. I got a horse in to do a tiling job, cuz he was cheap, but it was a right 'mare!
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Never was a truer word spoken m8. As they say, you can lead a horse to water but you can't get it to do a decent job of grouting.
  • edited October 2009
       My favorite Muppet is broken--any diyers out there know how to fix a small hole in miss piggy?---the kids are back from school in a few hours!!
  • edited October 2009
       My favorite Muppet is broken--any diyers out there know how to fix a small hole in miss piggy?---the kids are back from school in a few hours!!
    Posted by oynutter
    please be more specific, please describe miss piggy (big, huge, enormous,) for material planning and engineering process report and answer following questions :-

size of hole
    type of material ( china, fabric )
    position of hole ( seam or casting joint )
    cosmetics required if any ( paint colours, fabric dyes)

p.s I think your pushing your kids too hard by being at school during the weekend and you posted this at 5:51 pm, so in a few hours it will be far too late for them, give them a rest me thinks your a bully
  • edited October 2009
    My thoughts entirely....the man's a bully. I know he picks on small dogs rather a lot. The important question is; just how did miss piggy sustain the injury that made such a serious hole. Further investigation is required I think.

ps. If this is an inflatable Miss Piggy I think you should own up now.
  • edited October 2009
    WHAT WAS THE ORIGINAL POST AGAIN.LOL
  • edited October 2009
    WHAT WAS THE ORIGINAL POST AGAIN.LOL
    Posted by dav1964
    I forget, something about screwfix direct I think.

I assume he works for them and was trying to get a bit of free advertising.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Total Fix : I forget, something about screwfix direct I think. I assume he works for them and was trying to get a bit of free advertising.
    Posted by Hale72
    Talking of screwfix direct I see Mr Nutter hasn't answered the question.........gone into hiding probably. One has to question his motives re. Humty Dumpty with things that are coming to light.
  • edited October 2009
    I see your dogs had it's eyes done Elsa.
  • edited October 2009
    Eyes and Nails....nothing too over the top :)
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Total Fix:
    I cant beleive I am still playing on this poker site. The presenters stand on the TV and bleet about odds this and odds that. Well stuff your odds where the sun dont shine. Odds on flush over flush, set over set etc etc etc. I have played on the cash tables doing a bit of a survey and have jotted down every time i got delt a pocket pair, hit a set, hit a flush etc etc etc. Then how many won and .... well i think you can get the picture. Its a joke the ammount of times you get bad beat in a hand, i know the other player is making a bad call in the first place but some of the hands you cant get away from. Its like bad play is rewarded over and over again. One more thing how is it that there is always one person sat at the table that just seems to catch everything. yes he might be a good player but if you watch and i have it happens on every table. I will not be playing on this site again or probably even read your replies so fill your boots say what you want, i know some of you agree but are just too wet to say anything. Total BINGO poker site.
    Posted by SAFCarmy

you have no idea mate! not even the first clue about what your talking about!! go on facebook poker and all above will ring true, or is that the problem you been on facebook poker and too drunk to notice :) have a word fella :)))