You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Total Fix

13»

Comments

• edited October 2009
    Phew. Thank goodness i discovered this post. I've been scratching my head at a flatpack wardrobe I put together last month that has a nasty lean to it.

Now I now that the price of Haddock is to blame I feel much better.

Thanks Guys!!

• edited October 2009
    As my husband is a fish merchant Haddock on its way free of charge
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Total Fix:
    As my husband is a fish merchant Haddock on its way free of charge
    Posted by Torryladd
    BRILLIANT! Fix'd up indeed!! TY Torry, My wardrobe will be most appreciative.
  • edited October 2009
    Never store Haddock in the wardrobe - it's a rule.
  • edited October 2009
    Phew. Thank goodness i discovered this post. I've been scratching my head at a flatpack wardrobe I put together last month that has a nasty lean to it. Now I now that the price of Haddock is to blame I feel much better. Thanks Guys!!
    Posted by LML
    Hi Lisa, I'm afraid you are making the same mistake many amateur DIY'ers make. If your flatpack wardrobe is leaning then never ever try to correct it with Haddock. Running repairs to flat pack wardrobes are notoriously tricky. Much better to make any necessary adjustments to the floor in order to minimise the lean. This will of course require some adjustment to the walls also and a moderate amount of re-plastering.
  • edited October 2009

I blame Orford.
  • edited October 2009
    I blame Orford.
    Posted by Tikay10
    What! He's supplying B&Q now?
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Total Fix : Hi Lisa, I'm afraid you are making the same mistake many amateur DIY'ers make. If your flatpack wardrobe is leaning then never ever try to correct it with Haddock. Running repairs to flat pack wardrobes are notoriously tricky. Much better to make any necessary adjustments to the floor in order to minimise the lean. This will of course require some adjustment to the walls also and a moderate amount of re-plastering.
    Posted by elsadog

BLIMEY!! Floors, walls...probably door too eh?   I'm going to need a LOT more Haddock in that case..

Thanks Elsadog..That could have got tricky.
  • edited October 2009
    I blame Orford.
    Posted by Tikay10
    My goodness he's not been hiding in Lisa's wardrobe has he???  Tell all Tikay
  • edited October 2009
    very funny thread.... hammer4 lol
  • edited October 2009

I hope nobody responds "in kind" to the Post above, which is, in my opinion, wholly unacceptable. To do so would risk censure for retaliation, which would be self-defeating.

I have used the "REPORT ABUSE" facility, & I hope the Mods will deal with it as appropriate.

We cannot call Community Members "morons" or "thick".

Keep it cool.
  • edited October 2009
    I hope nobody responds "in kind" to the Post above, which is, in my opinion, wholly unacceptable. To do so would risk censure for retaliation, which would be self-defeating. I have used the "REPORT ABUSE" facility, & I hope the Mods will deal with it as appropriate. We cannot call Community Members "morons" or "thick". Keep it cool.
    Posted by tikay1
    Well done TIKAY,debate is one thing,abuse is something different altogether.
  • edited October 2009
    I hope nobody responds "in kind" to the Post above, which is, in my opinion, wholly unacceptable. To do so would risk censure for retaliation, which would be self-defeating. I have used the "REPORT ABUSE" facility, & I hope the Mods will deal with it as appropriate. We cannot call Community Members "morons" or "thick". Keep it cool.
    Posted by tikay1
    What about Orford??
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Total Fix : What about Orford??
    Posted by loonytoons
    Does that come under the phrase of " gray area " :))))))))))
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Total Fix : What about Orford??
    Posted by loonytoons
    That's different. Orford is a special case.
  • edited October 2009
    Posted by tikay1
    In case anyone (apart from me, which is the norm) is not confused by that.

"The Post above", to which I referred, & took exception, has now been deleted, presumably by the Mods. Quite right too.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Total Fix : That's different. Orford is a special case.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tony,
    Its not fair to call Rich a moron..........a buffoon yes but never a moron lol
    col
  • edited November 2009
    I WISH PEOPLE WOULD STOP WITH ALL THIS NONSENCE
  • edited November 2009
    I WISH PEOPLE WOULD STOP WITH ALL THIS NONSENCE
    Posted by Gavinxxxx

I wish people with little or no sense of humour would stop leaving remarks like that. If you want to be serious start a thread entitled something along the lines of ''humourless person seeks likewise humourless person to have meaningful discussions without injecting any humour into the very serious humour free conversation ''

It's only an idea but I'm sure you'll be filled with fellow glums wanting to converse with you. Just a tip if you do, type in lower case, don't you know it's rude to shout.
  • edited November 2009
    I assume Gavin means all the "it's fixed" nonsense...(?)

• edited November 2009
    I assume Gavin means all the "it's fixed" nonsense...(?)
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    You would be correct =)
  • edited November 2009
    Ambiguity = Misinterpretation
  • edited November 2009
    My fault should of been more to the point =)
  • edited November 2009
    My fault should of been more to the point =)
    Posted by Gavinxxxx
    Not at all Gavin, we do get folk on saying that we should keep every post serious and I assumed yours was one of these. The statement I made still stands but not directed at you. After I typed it I looked through some of your other comments/posts and realised I'd misinterpreted your comment.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Total Fix : Not at all Gavin, we do get folk on saying that we should keep every post serious and I assumed yours was one of these. The statement I made still stands but not directed at you. After I typed it I looked through some of your other comments/posts and realised I'd misinterpreted your comment.
    Posted by elsadog
    I made the mistake of not reading through the comments and and thought that all the pages was talking about how sky is fixed, and went straight to the reply to post box, wont do that again lol

=)
  • edited November 2009
    I can only think of negative things to say about this site at the moment, and thats a shame as I used to enjoy playing on here, not anymore. With all the bad beats and rivers that make this site more like a bingo hall I really do think its time to try other sites out and start to enjoy playing poker again.