You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

the very last time

Comments

• edited September 2011
    i think more sarcasm towards scotty me thinks!
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: the very last time:
    i think more sarcasm towards scotty me thinks!
    Posted by pod1
    lol sorry Perhaps i am going a bit paranoid hahahaha
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: the very last time : NO SCOTTY DID.
    Posted by BLACK_MASS
    to be fair to him SCOTTY says no such thing and is just saying what he feels and as such is entitled to the same respect that has been shown towards me by people not agreeing with my view.
    Yes we go way back and as much as his opinion is welcome it is slightly comprimised in a discussion such as this due to his status as a member of TSP so really is on a hiding to nothing
    one true statement in his post was that yes  at 7.77 he was an incredible fish.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: the very last time : NO SCOTTY DID.
    Posted by BLACK_MASS
    I'm not implying Kimble was lying.

I have my view on the issue and was putting my point forward.

Kimble has his and he's been putting his forward.

• edited September 2011
    Hi.

Just a quick post.

I spend almost all of my time looking for the type of player who you say this site benefits ( eg: those who put their cash in with the worst hands and seem to hit one outers etc ) and believe me it dosnt benefit them long term.

Although it does happens alot of the time it also dosnt happen more of the time and for the last 4 years i have made a good living by following such players. I am in profit over £5k in this month alone and most of it is from following such players on stakes from £20nl up to £300nl and although i have had times where the outdraws seem to be impossible the fact remains that in the long run if you get your money in when the odds are in your favour you will win in the end.

I dont think that the outdraws here are any worse than anywhere else ive played but thats only my opinion.

Good luck
  • edited September 2011
    I will only make 1 more post on this thread and it is simply to commend kimble on the way he has described his feelings , replied to any post with the utmost respect , not ranted or raved (as many have in the past) and showed no matter what his belief is he is obv a top fella and very nice person xx
  • edited September 2011
    Hi. Just a quick post. I spend almost all of my time looking for the type of player who you say this site benefits ( eg: those who put their cash in with the worst hands and seem to hit one outers etc ) and believe me it dosnt benefit them long term. Although it does happens alot of the time it also dosnt happen more of the time and for the last 4 years i have made a good living by following such players. I am in profit over £5k in this month alone and most of it is from following such players on stakes from £20nl up to £300nl and although i have had times where the outdraws seem to be impossible the fact remains that in the long run if you get your money in when the odds are in your favour you will win in the end. I dont think that the outdraws here are any worse than anywhere else ive played but thats only my opinion. Good luck
    Posted by rentisdue
    Thankyou for the post and sincere congratulations in your patience and obvious skill being rewarded it is very refreshing to hear someone willing to put the time in and effort and reaping the benefit.
    as i have stated there will be plenty of people who disagree with my thread posts,but as I and a few others have said that 4 years ago this place was a goldmine so the question i ask you and everyone else is whats happened in the last 4 years for it not to be so today? have the players got better? In my opionion from the calls/raises/and shoves im seeing they have got worse so why is it taking me 3 or 4 weeks to make what i used to make weekly? Maybe my game has got worse i hope not but its possible. maybe ive broken a mirror and got 7 years bad luck or Maybe Just Maybe the enhancement of hands has increased to reward stupendously ridiculous plays. I think we all know which theory I subscribe to.
    I agree with you whole heartedly in the long run a good player wins far more than the donk but the question is how long do you want this run to last for me personally I'd like the run to be close to the true odds of each individual hand and i dont think im getting anywhere near that and that is all im asking for not only for myself but for everyone.
    I hope you contine to make money and enjoy your poker and long may it continue.
  • edited September 2011
    I will only make 1 more post on this thread and it is simply to commend kimble on the way he has described his feelings , replied to any post with the utmost respect , not ranted or raved (as many have in the past) and showed no matter what his belief is he is obv a top fella and very nice person xx
    Posted by debdobs_67
    thankyou so much for your kind words I have tried to be as eloquent and repectful as i can but most important of all I have been HONEST in every post about every aspect.
    thanks again and if you get as much enjoyment out of playing here as i have over the years.
  • edited September 2011
    It was the guy from Sky called Oscar ? Drove a white Fiat Uno. Disgruntled employee ? Lying for a bit of fun. Standard. Obv. :)  It's alright Scotty it's the last option.
    Posted by BLACK_MASS
    Mass please dont let this thread develop into a slanging match or derision of others regardless of opinion or way they state their case,I believe This is a hugely important issue for all concerned here and i can see from your previous posts your better than that.Please dont feel im being condescending or ungrateful for your input on this subject but lets get back to the matter at hand which in my opinion is in everyone regardless of which side of the fence you sit best interest.
    thanks mate.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: the very last time : Again your missing the point I have clearly stated I have no problem with the enhancement I understand the need for it and totally accept it,No one wants to be playing 20 hands an hour.All of us here want to play thats why we are heremy argument is stop letting the miracle hand outdraw the heavy favourite as often as it currently does.I have also stated I dont even expect the same percentage of times the odds say a hand should hold but somewhere close. Please Please understand where im coming from. Its been enhanced since i started and fell in love with it i accept it and embrace it warts and all but not to the point of ridiculousness.When you have poker players scared of getting big hands and their first thought isnt "great im getting paid" but "I'm going to get done here" somethings very very wrong and lets face it EVERYONE of us has had that thought process at some time.
    Posted by kimble76
    Hi Mr kimble76   Jus little ol me Annie sticking her nose in,   to get it chopped off.   If I have read your post's correctly you advocate stopping the donks winning hands in favour of your kind of winning hand.  So you complain Sky fix it for the bad player to win and they are tweaking the RNG in their favour,  but then you go on to ask them to tweak it in your favour Mmmm is that not asking them to cheat the bad player and do the very thing you accuse them . ?  fwiw Hugs :-)
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: the very last time : Hi Mr kimble76   Jus little ol me Annie sticking her nose in,   to get it chopped off.   If I have read your post's correctly you advocate stopping the donks winning hands in favour of your kind of winning hand.  So you complain Sky fix it for the bad player to win and they are tweaking the RNG in their favour,  but then you go on to ask them to tweak it in your favour Mmmm is that not asking them to cheat the bad player and do the very thing you accuse them . ?  fwiw Hugs :-)
    Posted by logdon
    as stated many times i ask for no one to be favoured but for a truer reflection of a the hand odds, if my posts have lead you to believe i want it any other way than that i apologise but that is certainly not what i want.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: the very last time : as stated many times i ask for no one to be favoured but for a truer reflection of a the hand odds, if my posts have lead you to believe i want it any other way than that i apologise but that is certainly not what i want.
    Posted by kimble76
    No apology necessary I understand the points you make and sorry you feel that strongly that you wish to leave Sky. I only posted on your thread to make you realize that we all have these thoughts and concerns but the playing field is level and the game has a referee,  don't sit in the dug out shouting rubbish,  get on the pitch and score the winning goal.  If as you say you were a goal scorer then you don't lose that ability over night.   I tell my Boys all the time pull your socks up and get back out there no point in feeling sorry for yourself. ?    Hugs Annie.xx   
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: the very last time : No apology necessary I understand the points you make and sorry you feel that strongly that you wish to leave Sky. I only posted on your thread to make you realize that we all have these thoughts and concerns but the playing field is level and the game has a referee,  don't sit in the dug out shouting rubbish,  get on the pitch and score the winning goal.  If as you say you were a goal scorer then you don't lose that ability over night.   I tell my Boys all the time pull your socks up and get back out there no point in feeling sorry for yourself. ?    Hugs Annie.xx   
    Posted by logdon
    lol love your analogy and if i may use it in return,I can still find the back of the net problem is ive lost faith in the team behind me and with many other teams in the league looking for regualar goalscorers that make money for their team and in that respect as much as i consider myself a sky fan and always will it will be others who witness my 40 yarders   ;-)
    im sorry you and people like Dohhhh feel im sitting here shouting rubbish your answer is simple get someone of importance from the sky software team to post how wrong i am It really is that simple. I will gladly shut up and leave everyone to their own devices should this be the case.
    I believe in what ive said because i heard it with my own ears and feel the fellow posters to this thread feel some semblance of truth to my claims if not wholly convinced.
    i wish you all the luck and enjoyment with your poker.
  • edited September 2011
    I think you were the recipient of a bad comment at a bad time. Never underestimate the power of suggestion. I think on balance it's best to agree with Scotty77. Dohhhh, Elsadog, Tikay and Jenny_iyy. It's +ev. A person just has to deal with the downs because it's reality. We must work hard on our games to deal with negative variance and always blame ourselves for making mistakes whilst strictly obeying the rules of BRM. That way we can adapt to our environment and improve as players and as people. If you don't it can make you ill !  For me this offers the wisest conclusion available but it is just my pov. following all i've seen here. I hope you feel happier about your situation in the future. Many interesting views have been presented and i respect them all. Apologies if appearances momentarily appeared otherwise. Gl daddio !
    Posted by BLACK_MASS
    Not a problem sir and may i say this post proves i was right in believing you were better than the previous 2 posts.If you have read all Ive had to say feel you agree with the opposite of my view that is wholly your choice and please believe me when i say im a poker man through and through and know how large that 15% slice of luck can appear at times and acccept the bad beats along with the big wins its what makes the game so compelling. I will not post again on this thread as i feel im just going round on circles and its getting us no where. I only ask that anyone else who comments reads carefully everything that has been posted before by ALL concerned.and as ive said i welcome someone from skys software team to refute my claims it really would end this discussion with a satisfactory answer and re assurance for the players im leaving behind.I like others will not be swayed from my own experiences which left me with this belief but for me its already too late i will be off regardless.so the floors over to you MR Sky. I and others await your response.
  • edited September 2011
     So your not a team player you don't like the team and want a transfer.  No back bone blaming others for your misfortune and mistakes. Mmmmm   How have you got this far. ?  The cards are dealt to everyone,   how you play them is up to you.  Do you think Sky put you in the naughty seat that donks off all your chips and you will never win a hand or game ever again. Since the last changes everyone is struggling to work out new top hands and this usually takes some time. Please stay and work out these changes to suit your game.  Running away is for wimps.   Sorry tough love from me. Hugs Annie x  
  • edited September 2011
    i have a solution to all problems, a bottlle or 3 of red.works wonders for me x
  • edited September 2011
    This is a very sincere OP by a man who is a vastly experienced and successful player. He hasn't posted a few HH's and claimed that 5 runner runners mean it's fixed. He has spoken from the heart about what he is seeing.

My only comment is that his view should be respected - by all.

ps. I'm glad to see that so far his view has been questioned with the respect it deserves.
  • edited September 2011
    under your tutoring elsa, we is all behaving now!
  • edited September 2011
    hi kimble. just read your posts, and i too remember the old glory days on here, working way up from 2/4 p tables, the occasional bad beat was handed out, worked both ways, but never to the degree of now! i used to feel a buzz of excitement when i saw a premium starting hand, now its more likely than not that im reloading!
    i agree with you that there is no real difference in the number of players, both on the site, and making "speculative" calls, but the increase in the 1 and 2 outers makes this seem so!
    i enjoy playing here, all i ask is a realistic chance, a return to the old sky!
    good luck to you elsewhere mate

mark
  • edited September 2011
        So its "Back to the Future" is the answer. "The Good old Days"  sorry boys time marches on and if you don't adapt you get left behind.   My football knowledge is limited to hubby's ranting but I do know you cant accuse the FA of match fixing even if they do change the structure to suit and help the little poor clubs,  the large one's with all the money survive and the overall structure benefits everyone.  Elsa you have been on here voicing these very thoughts louder than anyone and I see you have adapted to the challenge.  Not trying to upset anyone with my put downs just pointing out the flaw in his argument and make him see its the same for all.  Please don't ask for a Transfer we want you to go on loan and try another club,  then if your not happy come home. So many Area 51 posters burn their bridges, we are all family at Sky Poker Forum and like most families have ups and downs. Everyone posting on this thread want to support you and keep you here,  if they didn't you would have been told long ago to sling your hook.  Yes, check me out I'm  Annie the little fish who doesn't mind getting hooked now and again and watches the bigger fish getting fat.  I to struggle with the constant tweaking Sky do,  but like to think it is benefiting everyone by keeping things as random as possible and stopping players working out the RNG patterns thus giving them the edge.   Sky know their RNG is not the most perfectly random, but like to think it is, its the only one they have and can afford right now.  Don't hold your breath waiting for someone from Sky to come on here and say,  Yes we fix the RNG  wont happen.   Even TK has given up trying to explain that the good players names always end up on the final table.  Please re-read your thread and take every one's views on board.  As Kylie says,   "Better the Devil you know."        Hugs Annie x
  • edited September 2011
    You know it logdon. Go with the mainstream, nothing is rigged or even suspicious. Dohhh, Tikay, Scotty77 ( or any tsp member ) Elsadog and Jenny_iyy are the wisest people. We must do our best and instead of blaming ' the gods' like superstitious Neanderthals, accept our responsibility and just get on with it rather than whine like silly children ! Spend that energy on working on our game. It's unlucky to be superstitious ! About time you accept reality Kimble rather than make scurrilous, unsubstantiated allegations maybe ? Nobody wants to think the way you do. It's -ev, so for everyone's good, please stop ? People have moved on in so many ways. Why don't you read up on contemporary lag theory for example ? Ask the kids what they think about poker ? Negreanu did, Hellmuth did. Why not you ? I don't want to appear disrespectful but it's obvious. You are better than this so use those strengths ! Please stop this thread now. It may distort new players views from what is important and is just plain wrong. It will make you ill !!!!!    GET ON WITH IT !   You are a prisoner of your own nostalgia when you needed to know little to earn a lot. Times have changed bully boy and now you don't like it when people own you like you used to own them. Nothing's for free in this world. Surprise, surprise !!!!!!
    Posted by BLACK_MASS
    I've never posted anything before but avidly read nearly all posts on the forums here while at skiving at work lol.
    However This paticualar thread and moreover the last two comments on it have annoyed me to such a degree I feel I must comment.
    I've re read every post over and over and at NO point does this player claim the site is fixed in anyones favour other than the operators through a rinse and retain policy.
    Sky poker and all subsidary companies are businesses and as such are out to make as much money as possible.
    If you read a posts on Eyemans FOOLs IF you think online poker is rigged blog kimble doesnt seem to be saying anything different than some of the posts there. The ones that i find very striking in refernce to this thread is Stien and donemidosh's post on eyemans blog.
    From the way I've interpreted this thread so far is he's saying things need looking at, no more no less.
    Maybe his claims are unsubstantiated but I beleive hes challenged anyone in the know to deny them.
    If it were my business and someone was making these claim and NAMING employees I would want to refute it even if only to aleviate the fears of my current custom.
    There appear to be many people who at least partially accept this mans opinion Rightly or Wrongly.
    I feel the last 2 posts have been based on rantings of previous sky poker is fixed ranters and not on the basis of this players
    excellent points.
    Nowhere does he say hes blaming anyone for his mistakes,the point he raises is that hes not making mistakes.
    Above all I believe he has acted with dignity throughout and doesnt deserve to be treated with the derision some other posters with theories have been and in some cases rightly so.
    Wether hes right or wrong after reading the way he has stated his case I believe this site will be poorer for the loss of someone who clearly loves the game and behaved with grace in the face of doubters and appears to be doing this for the benefit of others.
    Best of Luck to you Kimble. If what you say is correct you will need it.
  • edited September 2011
    This thread has just turned into a slagging match now and in all honesty for no reason whatsoever.

Kimble has acted in the best possible way and although i dont agree with his views i definatley dont think anyone should be speaking to him in anyway other than the way he has spoken to us.

His views are his views and even if i dont subscribe to his way of thinking it dosnt mean that somewhere down the line that he might be proved right and i and the majority of posters on here are the ones who are wrong.

I wish him all the luck in the world and even though i dont go along with his way of thinking i think he should be applauded for his attempts to bring something he feels isnt right into the public view.

Best of luck Kimble.

Jenny.x.
  • edited September 2011
    What on earth is this?
  • edited September 2011
    But he's very wrong. He is deluded Jenny_iyy. Online poker is fine you just got to have fun and see it for what it is. This guy can't play and is bitter. I listened to TK loads of times and he agrees. And Elsadog.And Dohhhh. Variance is a big wheel. Be patient and not angry. Accept thy destiny .
    Posted by BLACK_MASS

I agree with your points but still think he deserves respect. Even if he is bitter (and in all honesty i dont think its that what brought kimble here ) etc etc, it is still clear to see that he is a polite person and is only asking for answers so should be treated the same way he has treated us. He seems a very polite and genuine guy who obviously believes in the points he is raising here and just because i and some others dont agree i dont see that as a reason to be nasty thats all.

Its nice to be nice my friend.

Best of luck.
  • edited September 2011
    I should add now that im off shopping so im done with this thread because new shoes are calling me :)

Best of luck. Jenny.x.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: the very last time : I've never posted anything before but avidly read nearly all posts on the forums here while at skiving at work lol. However This paticualar thread and moreover the last two comments on it have annoyed me to such a degree I feel I must comment. I've re read every post over and over and at NO point does this player claim the site is fixed in anyones favour other than the operators through a rinse and retain policy. Sky poker and all subsidary companies are businesses and as such are out to make as much money as possible. If you read a posts on Eyemans FOOLs IF you think online poker is rigged blog kimble doesnt seem to be saying anything different than some of the posts there. The ones that i find very striking in refernce to this thread is Stien and donemidosh's post on eyemans blog. From the way I've interpreted this thread so far is he's saying things need looking at, no more no less. Maybe his claims are unsubstantiated but I beleive hes challenged anyone in the know to deny them. If it were my business and someone was making these claim and NAMING employees I would want to refute it even if only to aleviate the fears of my current custom. There appear to be many people who at least partially accept this mans opinion Rightly or Wrongly. I feel the last 2 posts have been based on rantings of previous sky poker is fixed ranters and not on the basis of this players excellent points. Nowhere does he say hes blaming anyone for his mistakes,the point he raises is that hes not making mistakes. Above all I believe he has acted with dignity throughout and doesnt deserve to be treated with the derision some other posters with theories have been and in some cases rightly so. Wether hes right or wrong after reading the way he has stated his case I believe this site will be poorer for the loss of someone who clearly loves the game and behaved with grace in the face of doubters and appears to be doing this for the benefit of others. Best of Luck to you Kimble. If what you say is correct you will need it.
    Posted by pokrpaul
    You complain about my Post which ask's kimble to re-think and stay at Sky. Where is the derision in that.  If as you say you have read every post then you will see his arguement is flawed and I pointed this out to him as is my right to do so given he ask's for comment by putting up this thread.  Go back and read my posts again and post up the derision ridicule you say I inflicted on him.   Anne
  • edited September 2011
    CAN'T COPE YOU TARD ! HAVE A HOLIDAY AND DON'T PESTER THE NICE FOLKS U SCUMMER !!!!!! SKY POKER IS A. OK. You wanna talk conspiracies ? well ub took my roll and i'm sure ft took a whole lot more too with some people ! Sky didn't take anything from you, variance and your own bad play did !! GROW UP AND SHUT UP ! YOUR FRIENDS HATE YOU HERE ! poker has changed not my fault. Listen to Tikay and Dohhhh and you don't go far wrong cos it's real. Even Elsadog agrees so *****  off !  you incalcitrant CU**. You  are a liar and a waste of time. Discuss ! YOU ALREADY DID .NOW JUST GO AWAY !!!!!!!!!!!!! Even scotty and elsa think you're a nutter lol.........HOLLYWOOD BIACH FO  !!!! u GAY
    Posted by BLACK_MASS
    WOW!......HOW MANy MODS ARE THERE?....AND THIS POST IS STILL UP????
  • edited September 2011
    I'm with Kimble on an aspect of this.

I'm shocked by your attitude Black mass.  Have enjoyed your posts in the past and the banter.

But you have clearly misinterpreted something, your posts are hugely out of line: not excusing it in any case.  I cant see where its come from
  • edited September 2011
    i have just put the same response up on one of his posts in the clinic. having a bad day i think, still no excuse.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: the very last time : You complain about my Post which ask's kimble to re-think and stay at Sky. Were is the derision in that.  If as you say you have read every post then you will see his arguement is flawed and I pointed this out to him as is my right to do so given he ask's for comment by putting up this thread.  Go back and read my posts again and post up the derision ridicule you say I inflicted on him.   Anne
    Posted by logdon
    Right last post and then this thread can be deleted by sky,would do it myself but dont how.
    I deeply resent the notion that I'm a liar,as far as I can see no one so far other than Black Mass has labelled me as such.
    I am many things but I'm no liar and find it staggering and quite frankly down right insulting. I have backed my FACTS with names and given all the information I can. How anyone can call me a liar when no one other than myself and OSCAR privvy to a conversation is totally ridiculous and isnt worthy of further comment.
    Scotty is someone I have believed in and backed from PRIVATE conversations since the early days or maybe i imagined it anyway im sure black mass has hacked my phone and will tell you what was said or at least a made up version of events like he has so far.
    I will never slate Scotty as his love for this game and site and more importantly for all of YOU means hes a man after my own heart and i wont turn on my own.
    Yes I phoned sky ranting that day as ive said at that time this game was my living and if i didnt win we didnt pay rent or eat so after a bad run which in all probabilty was in that instance caused by word of the week Variance.
    I wanted out but after that conversation with and I'll say his name again OSCAR it was clear that all i would be swapping is one enhanced site for another so i stayed. So yes I blew my top that day i was under pressure and wanted someone to blame.
    For those of you who have treated me with respect and kindness and i dont just mean on this thread,I mean since i first sat at 2p/4p/all the way up to £1/£2 i thankyou from the bottom of my heart,and for those of you I have shared banter with and at times made me cry with laughter those memorys will stay longer than any memory of a bad beat.
    Marcus I hope your health is well and you continue to play and conduct yourself in the manner you do as your a credit to the site.
    elsadog thanks for the pm and i appreciate the effort mate.
    Just so you know and to clear up any confusion I stopped playing for a living not because I couldnt adapt or take the beats because believe you me in a pure game I will sit and stack anyone you sit opposite of me. I stopped playing for a living because i was diagnosed with a terminal illness in sept 2007 and the hours i spent playing this game and the money i won meant my time was spent better doing other things and that and that reason alone is the ONLY reason I stopped.
     I dont have time to waste playing a game that Barely resembles the game I love and i certainly dont have time to waste justifying the truth to people like DOHHH and MASS so ill leave you all to it.
    Goodbye,Goodluck and Thankyou.