You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Why Online Poker Is Rigged

edited March 2012 in Area 51
If a poker site had a completely random deal, the good players over time would take money from the bad players. The bad players would become disillusioned and stop playing at that site.

The good players would only have themselves to play against - life would become a lot harder. They would leave the site to play where the bad players play. Result? End of that particular poker site.

This rule of online poker holds good for Sky as much as any other site. If you allow good players to take on average or bad players on an even basis, only the good players will win and the others will stop playing - which would be a disaster for any business.

Therefore you 'tweak' the deal to even out the 'luck' between good and bad players. Your player base stays roughly the same, generating the rake and tournament fees your business needs to make profits.

The only people able to prove this is happening are the software programmers and senior management within an online poker company.

Until some of these people have the courage to break cover and reveal what is really behind the deal, the rigging (and the dishonest shilling in poker forums) will carry on.

Comments

• edited November 2011
    how would it determine who is good and who is bad on every table. what would happen if you had 3 good and 3 bad. how long a period would this be worked out over. what happens if you were good then played bad. what happens if you were bad and got better. i see some flaws in your logic!!
  • edited November 2011
    Big first depositor freerolls just give me a huge headache when this argument comes into play :p
  • edited November 2011
    LOL you are either trolling, or hilariously stupid : )
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Why Online Poker Is Rigged:
    If a poker site had a completely random deal, the good players over time would take money from the bad players. The bad players would become disillusioned and stop playing at that site. The good players would only have themselves to play against - life would become a lot harder. They would leave the site to play where the bad players play. Result? End of that particular poker site. This rule of online poker holds good for Sky as much as any other site. If you allow good players to take on average or bad players on an even basis, only the good players will win and the others will stop playing - which would be a disaster for any business. Therefore you 'tweak' the deal to even out the 'luck' between good and bad players. Your player base stays roughly the same, generating the rake and tournament fees your business needs to make profits. The only people able to prove this is happening are the software programmers and senior management within an online poker company. Until some of these people have the courage to break cover and reveal what is really behind the deal, the rigging (and the dishonest shilling in poker forums) will carry on.
    Posted by rayzor
    Isnt this what has happend.

i sit on a table with a player he gets ridiculously lucky on alot of hands has a huge chiplead on the table, however his played bad his got it in behind and sucked out....

so i go and sharkscope the player i see - in roi and - in profit.

i scope someone like supersnedd or elsadog or LJAMESL  and the are all in profit. and + roi,

moral of the story over time bad players will lose.

• edited November 2011
    If a poker site was truly not rigged...

1. Ten very good online players could set up accounts on the site.
    2. Over the course of say three months, they could amass big winnings - say £10,000 each or £100,000 total.
    3. They could then withdraw the £100,000.
    4. This would leave the average to bad players £100,000 down. Many of them would leave the site disappointed at their losses and look for 'better luck' elsewhere.
    5. The very good players could leave the site also with a sizeable overall profit - or worse for the site they could carry on playing and withdraw another £100,000 in a further three months.
    6. Do you think any poker site can withstand this kind of cash withdrawal and loss of the player base in the long term?
    7. This is why deals are 'tweaked' to spread the 'luck' around the player base to keep numbers up.
    The site survives on rake and tournament fees. These are cut drastically with a smaller player base.

Another thought....

There are many examples of poker players in real life who have earned vast sums from the game. How come you never hear of any online player - apart from the site 'representatives' - who has gone from zero to millions?
    If deals were fair, the same rules which create poker millionaires in real life would create many more online. Many millions of people have played online so maybe 10,000 or more should be millionaires by now.
    These people would be great advertisements for poker sites - 'the players who went from £1 to £1million because of playing online poker'.
    But strangely enough there aren't any.
    Now I wonder why that is...
    It is almost certainly because the deals online are only intended to 'spread the luck around' - so the only winners in the long run are the poker site owners.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to If a poker site was truly not rigged...:
    If a poker site was truly not rigged...   1. Ten very good online players could set up accounts on the site. 2. Over the course of say three months, they could amass big winnings - say £10,000 each or £100,000 total. 3. They could then withdraw the £100,000. 4. This would leave the average to bad players £100,000 down. Many of them would leave the site disappointed at their losses and look for 'better luck' elsewhere. 5. The very good players could leave the site also with a sizeable overall profit - or worse for the site they could carry on playing and withdraw another £100,000 in a further three months. 6. Do you think any poker site can withstand this kind of cash withdrawal and loss of the player base in the long term? 7. This is why deals are 'tweaked' to spread the 'luck' around the player base to keep numbers up. The site survives on rake and tournament fees. These are cut drastically with a smaller player base.   Another thought....   There are many examples of poker players in real life who have earned vast sums from the game. How come you never hear of any online player - apart from the site 'representatives' - who has gone from zero to millions? If deals were fair, the same rules which create poker millionaires in real life would create many more online. Many millions of people have played online so maybe 10,000 or more should be millionaires by now. These people would be great advertisements for poker sites - 'the players who went from £1 to £1million because of playing online poker'. But strangely enough there aren't any. Now I wonder why that is... It is almost certainly because the deals online are only intended to 'spread the luck around' - so the only winners in the long run are the poker site owners.
    Posted by rayzor
    Lol, lol and lol I'm afraid bud.

Very one sided and uninformed sir. 

I'm the first to have a reasonable debate on this subject, but your points are naive and fundamentaly wrong.
  • edited November 2011
    1000% wrong! I'd love to know how they tweak it when the site won't know which hands any player is actually going to play and not muck straight away or after the flop!

for a lot of players poker is a recreational thing - if they make a profit great, if they don't they don't care.
    "good" players will beat "bad" players over time.

only "site representatives"go from zero to millionaires - well I doubt they were site representatives when they started out! they would only become one once the site could see they were a very good and successful player otherwise why would they bother?

of course a poker site will "win" over time, they are a business after all and need to make a profit. otherwise there would be no sites at all!
  • edited November 2011
    If a poker site was truly not rigged...   1. Ten very good online players could set up accounts on the site. 2. Over the course of say three months, they could amass big winnings - say £10,000 each or £100,000 total. 3. They could then withdraw the £100,000. 4. This would leave the average to bad players £100,000 down. Many of them would leave the site disappointed at their losses and look for 'better luck' elsewhere. 5. The very good players could leave the site also with a sizeable overall profit - or worse for the site they could carry on playing and withdraw another £100,000 in a further three months. 6. Do you think any poker site can withstand this kind of cash withdrawal and loss of the player base in the long term? 7. This is why deals are 'tweaked' to spread the 'luck' around the player base to keep numbers up. The site survives on rake and tournament fees. These are cut drastically with a smaller player base.   Another thought....   There are many examples of poker players in real life who have earned vast sums from the game. How come you never hear of any online player - apart from the site 'representatives' - who has gone from zero to millions? If deals were fair, the same rules which create poker millionaires in real life would create many more online. Many millions of people have played online so maybe 10,000 or more should be millionaires by now. These people would be great advertisements for poker sites - 'the players who went from £1 to £1million because of playing online poker'. But strangely enough there aren't any. Now I wonder why that is... It is almost certainly because the deals online are only intended to 'spread the luck around' - so the only winners in the long run are the poker site owners.
    Posted by rayzor
    Isildur1 ???

Infact i can name a few but not off my head. A well known major site has Online sponsored pros and pros. Some of them play online and play under a little banner so people are away some will say team sitename and other will say team sitename online.

FWIW i dont have much faith when it comes to playing lesser players i believe that there is something wrong. But do i have evidence - no i dont, therefore i cant comment without my proof.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Why Online Poker Is Rigged:
    If a poker site had a completely random deal, the good players over time would take money from the bad players. The bad players would become disillusioned and stop playing at that site. The good players would only have themselves to play against - life would become a lot harder. They would leave the site to play where the bad players play. Result? End of that particular poker site. This rule of online poker holds good for Sky as much as any other site. If you allow good players to take on average or bad players on an even basis, only the good players will win and the others will stop playing - which would be a disaster for any business. Therefore you 'tweak' the deal to even out the 'luck' between good and bad players. Your player base stays roughly the same, generating the rake and tournament fees your business needs to make profits. The only people able to prove this is happening are the software programmers and senior management within an online poker company. Until some of these people have the courage to break cover and reveal what is really behind the deal, the rigging (and the dishonest shilling in poker forums) will carry on.
    Posted by rayzor
    totally disagree with this tosh...but hey its your opinion and you are entitled to it.

If you think it true dont you also think that in 12 years of online poker there has not been one disillusioned programmer,manager,lackey that has been peed of/sacked/made redundent that would of come out and told the "truth"?.
    i dont know much about writing software but i cant see how it can make me a winning player just so i dont leave the site.

again if this were true surely it would then need to make me lose to a lesser player so he wont leave....and on and on?
  • edited November 2011
    Posted by rayzor

point one....there are more than ten players on here that make £10k a month never mind3 months.
    if i amassed 100k and then left the site it would not affect sky at all.
    only 5% of players make a profit online so 95% are losing players anyway and mostly playing recreationaly.

most of the poker millionaires you are talking about started off winning big online then trying their luck live.
    e.g....durr..trickett..cody...blom....vlampew..e.t.c

gl.dave

• edited November 2011
    Most players play for fun: Most players lose money: Most players are not good enough to win consistently: Most players don't have the dedication to succeed.

All the above statements are true.

A small percentage of players are able to produce a profit over a number of years. Most players cannot.

With regards to online players - There are a lot of winning and very profitable cash players who grind away multi-tabling and consistently beating the opposition. Apart from the nose-bleeed levels, these people remain largely unknown. With regards to mtt players very few can maintain the consistency to produce a profit year after year.

However some can and do. About 6 years ago a young guy used to watch all the top players on a particular site playing the ME tournaments. He began entering and did reasonably well for a time. Over the years he worked hard at his game and improved. He improved to the point that he regularly features in the worlds top ten mtt winners and has won millions. He isn't a site rep (although he now represents a site) and he certainly isn't in on the ''fiddle.'' He just worked out a winning strategy for mtts. That young guy was Chris Moorman and he is currently heading towards $10 million career earnings.

If your not winning then you're probably not good enough. Maybe you could be with more work and some dedication to the task. Poker in general is like the Sunday football leagues that run all over the country. The vast majority of players will never be good enough to play Premiership football - they just love the game and are happy to play at the level they are suited to.
  • edited November 2011
    good post elsa, been a while without posting? were you sent to the "dog house"? that was weak i know but now your back i am sure your "pawing" over the other posts as we speak. its friday and i had a bottle of wine allow me a long leash to hang myself.  phil
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Why Online Poker Is Rigged:
    1000% wrong! I'd love to know how they tweak it when the site won't know which hands any player is actually going to play and not muck straight away or after the flop! for a lot of players poker is a recreational thing - if they make a profit great, if they don't they don't care. "good" players will beat "bad" players over time. only "site representatives"go from zero to millionaires - well I doubt they were site representatives when they started out! they would only become one once the site could see they were a very good and successful player otherwise why would they bother? of course a poker site will "win" over time, they are a business after all and need to make a profit. otherwise there would be no sites at all!
    Posted by walesboy
    of course they know what hands will be played - you are not going to fold AA/AK/AQ/AJ/A10.................
    as for the poker site winning over time - they win all the time - its called the rake - the original poster makes a fair point, the hands are not completly random, it is plain to see, I agree these sites should be for recreational purposes only. but, lets be honest and sensible poker sites are as straight as a corkscrew.
  • edited November 2011
    Fact is this site has wayyyyyyyyyyyy too many action hands compared to other sites, this is a fact and anyone who says otherwise is lying.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Why Online Poker Is Rigged : of course they know what hands will be played - you are not going to fold AA/AK/AQ/AJ/A10................. as for the poker site winning over time - they win all the time - its called the rake - the original poster makes a fair point, the hands are not completly random, it is plain to see, I agree these sites should be for recreational purposes only. but, lets be honest and sensible poker sites are as straight as a corkscrew.
    Posted by somer
    those premium hands no - but people don't just wait for them, they play rag aces, low pairs, etc and win. "bad beats" anyone! the site will never know who will play what hands. you could get AA but be away from the table.
    of course sites win all the time in terms of taking rake - it's a business.never said they didn't.

i was a losing player when i started and for a few months after, but after deciding to try and improve my game (and so get more enjoyment out of it) I knuckled down, took advice and am now winning. I am not good and have my share of losing sessions, but I've played enough on here to have the considered opinion that it is not rigged. Yes you see action flops/hands, but in number they are a minority to the number I fold pre/on the flop even when I am playing more than one table. If you play long enough you'll see them. I've even had a couple of Royals.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Why Online Poker Is Rigged : those premium hands no - but people don't just wait for them, they play rag aces, low pairs, etc and win. "bad beats" anyone! the site will never know who will play what hands. you could get AA but be away from the table. of course sites win all the time in terms of taking rake - it's a business.never said they didn't. i was a losing player when i started and for a few months after, but after deciding to try and improve my game (and so get more enjoyment out of it) I knuckled down, took advice and am now winning. I am not good and have my share of losing sessions, but I've played enough on here to have the considered opinion that it is not rigged. Yes you see action flops/hands, but in number they are a minority to the number I fold pre/on the flop even when I am playing more than one table. If you play long enough you'll see them.I've even had a couple of Royals.
    Posted by walesboy
    Would that be   Wills & Harry  or   Beatrice & Eugenie  ?
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Why Online Poker Is Rigged : Would that be   Wills & Harry  or   Beatrice & Eugenie  ?
    Posted by logdon
    that would be telling!
    you'll have to wait for the book or maybe the deal with a paper!!
  • edited November 2011
    If you were a poker site what would you want the Random Number Generator to do?

Would you want it to be entirely random, giving the same opportunity for success to freerolling, non-depositing players as to high-depositing players who generate lots of rake and tournament fees?

Or would you want it to give the impression of randomness while providing outcomes favourable to your business's profits?

What are the outcomes favourable to your business's profits?

Aren't they rewarding players who act in a way which generates income for you - such as making big deposits on your site and frequently paying rake and tournament fees?

What are outcomes unfavourable to your business's profits?

Aren't they wins for people who don't deposit sufficient amounts and fail to generate rake and tournament fees? Won't it hurt your business if these people gain large wins and withdraw?

How do you achieve the outcomes you wish?

The Random Number Generator programme is entirely in your hands. You can set it up to give you the results you desire. There is no meaningful scrutiny by a publicly accountable body. There will never be spot checks on your systems by outside agencies. All you have to do is give the appearance of randomness while operating in a far from random way.

What do you think the sites do?

Oh, and how many house players and bots operate on a poker site? I don't believe this happens on Sky, but I am sure it does on other major poker sites.

What do you think the purpose of these players is?

How do you know that PokerJoe from London who frequently cashes in big tournaments is an actual person? How do you know the winnings are not going straight back into the poker site's coffers?

He may be called PokerJoe one week and PokerBill the next - but 'he' is still a bot feeding winnings back to the house.
  • edited November 2011
    Fact is this site has wayyyyyyyyyyyy too many action hands compared to other sites, this is a fact and anyone who says otherwise is lying.
    Posted by chris1963
    It isn't
  • edited November 2011
    fact. all sites have way too many action hands...   it speeds the games up...

more players going out of tournys more rake when they enter to next one..

not rigged to any one idivdual....    good and bad...  plenty of action hands for a reason, but EVERY ONLINE SITE does this...
  • edited November 2011
    So it's rigged in favour of the poorer players to keep them interested and give them some hope they can be the next Phil Ivey.

It's also rigged in favour of the players with bigger bankrolls who generate more rake.

It's also rigged in favour of the big stacks in tournaments.

I think that's clear then *confused*
  • edited November 2011
    im not convinced bigal sorry mate!
  • edited November 2011
    So it's rigged in favour of the poorer players to keep them interested and give them some hope they can be the next Phil Ivey. It's also rigged in favour of the players with bigger bankrolls who generate more rake. It's also rigged in favour of the big stacks in tournaments. I think that's clear then *confused*
    Posted by AcidMan27

We all played the SPT at Dusk til Dawn.....how many terrible one outers and bad beats can you name from the whole tournement...?  300 players....it should be the same as any other tournamnet yep?

well the only 1 i know was poor old diggerman who had 77 on flop of 744, and all the money went in opponent had 44

didnt see any of the usual runner runner,or even 4 way pots where everyone had some sort of draw.. u know the top pair v straight draw v flush draw  with super action cards on the turn....

i just lost 2 dyms on the bubble to 1 outers...

and ive lost track of how many times Flush Draws ( QQ v 7c7 flop Q c 2c 6 c money goes in and 8c on turn) and Straight draws (this is biggest joke of all IMO) just get there.....is way beyond normal and into the FANTASY..

Lets just ask one question... If we were trying to make a poker site that gave action cards all the time do you think it there could be any more action flops than on here?

live games go like this..

seat 1 raise to 3x... seat 2 fold seat 3 fold seat 4 fold seat 5 fold BB ums and aaahs then folds...

Sky poker games go like this

seat 1 raises seat2 calls seat 3 calls seat 4 folds seat 5 calls seat 6 shoves with AA

seat 1 calls with JhKh suited seat 2 calls with 99 seat 3 calls with 10 10

flop comes 9h 10h Ah turn is 2 river is 8

:)

• edited November 2011
    In Response to How Online Poker Is Rigged:
    If you were a poker site what would you want the Random Number Generator to do? Would you want it to be entirely random, giving the same opportunity for success to freerolling, non-depositing players as to high-depositing players who generate lots of rake and tournament fees? Or would you want it to give the impression of randomness while providing outcomes favourable to your business's profits? What are the outcomes favourable to your business's profits? Aren't they rewarding players who act in a way which generates income for you - such as making big deposits on your site and frequently paying rake and tournament fees? What are outcomes unfavourable to your business's profits? Aren't they wins for people who don't deposit sufficient amounts and fail to generate rake and tournament fees? Won't it hurt your business if these people gain large wins and withdraw? How do you achieve the outcomes you wish? The Random Number Generator programme is entirely in your hands. You can set it up to give you the results you desire. There is no meaningful scrutiny by a publicly accountable body. There will never be spot checks on your systems by outside agencies. All you have to do is give the appearance of randomness while operating in a far from random way. What do you think the sites do? Oh, and how many house players and bots operate on a poker site? I don't believe this happens on Sky, but I am sure it does on other major poker sites. What do you think the purpose of these players is? How do you know that PokerJoe from London who frequently cashes in big tournaments is an actual person? How do you know the winnings are not going straight back into the poker site's coffers? He may be called PokerJoe one week and PokerBill the next - but 'he' is still a bot feeding winnings back to the house.
    Posted by rayzor

see the problem with all this is that the people who generate the most rake for money sky in cash games and/or tournamment fees they dont deposit lots of money...they withdraw money
  • edited November 2011
    i agree with a lot of the opinions from a number the the above posts. rayzor in particular makes some valid points regarding regulation or the lack of, in the British online game.a fact that has been highlighted this week by the banning of players who have to stop playing because they work in country's that wont let unregulated sites operate in their backyard. all these country's ask is that sites be regulated by their government's. so that their clients have the protection of the law, i cant see a problem with that good for them.i think its up to the honest sites to lobby government for that regulation. sending a message to all its players which would say , look we have nothing to hide you can trust us with your custom, this would be good for their business opening up a huge market.its going to happen anyhow in the usa. the rest of the world will follow or fail.
    I'm happy for the opportunty to play this site knowing full well what i think is going on, you can still be a winner you don't need to win to be in profit. ive played mtt,s for six months on this site and have only won 1 that was take on tk.but i am a winning player, my bankroll is very nice,and i think i my be in the top three for consistency over the last six months in the 8pm open. and i enjoy playing, don't get me wrong i still whinge every chance i get, that's human nature. the point im trying badly to get across is until we have government control and accountability there is no point in this debate, just play and enjoy badbeats an all, or stop.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Why Online Poker Is Rigged : We all played the SPT at Dusk til Dawn.....how many terrible one outers and bad beats can you name from the whole tournement...?  300 players....it should be the same as any other tournamnet yep? well the only 1 i know was poor old diggerman who had 77 on flop of 744, and all the money went in opponent had 44 didnt see any of the usual runner runner,or even 4 way pots where everyone had some sort of draw.. u know the top pair v straight draw v flush draw  with super action cards on the turn.... i just lost 2 dyms on the bubble to 1 outers... and ive lost track of how many times Flush Draws ( QQ v 7c7 flop Q c 2c 6 c money goes in and 8c on turn) and Straight draws (this is biggest joke of all IMO) just get there.....is way beyond normal and into the FANTASY.. Lets just ask one question... If we were trying to make a poker site that gave action cards all the time do you think it there could be any more action flops than on here? live games go like this.. seat 1 raise to 3x... seat 2 fold seat 3 fold seat 4 fold seat 5 fold BB ums and aaahs then folds... Sky poker games go like this seat 1 raises seat2 calls seat 3 calls seat 4 folds seat 5 calls seat 6 shoves with AA seat 1 calls with JhKh suited seat 2 calls with 99 seat 3 calls with 10 10 flop comes 9h 10h Ah turn is 2 river is 8 :)
    Posted by djblacke04
    I play live most weeks and deal most weeks and quite often deal 4 or 5 1 and 2 outers and also runner runner beats, I have also dealt AA to the same person first 3 hands of a tournament (10 seater)

A few weeks back I dealt AA v KK v QQ all in pre very first hand of a 10k freezeout.

You can't compare online to live, 6 max to 10 seater, on Sky poker you play 3 x the hands of a live game and add to that multitabling you will see far more action hands.

At DTD SPT Final very near bubble Yorkie74 was all in pre QQ v AT

Board came AQJ K K  obv rigged!

• edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Why Online Poker Is Rigged : I play live most weeks and deal most weeks and quite often deal 4 or 5 1 and 2 outers and also runner runner beats, I have also dealt AA to the same person first 3 hands of a tournament (10 seater) A few weeks back I dealt AA v KK v QQ all in pre very first hand of a 10k freezeout. You can't compare online to live, 6 max to 10 seater, on Sky poker you play 3 x the hands of a live game and add to that multitabling you will see far more action hands. At DTD SPT Final very near bubble Yorkie74 was all in pre QQ v AT Board came AQJ K K  obv rigged!
    Posted by SolarCarro
    Ofc everything you say here is obv true , sure ure gonna get the same hands occuring live as online , its simply the quantity of them that bugs some players.
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Why Online Poker Is Rigged : I play live most weeks and deal most weeks and quite often deal 4 or 5 1 and 2 outers and also runner runner beats, I have also dealt AA to the same person first 3 hands of a tournament (10 seater) A few weeks back I dealt AA v KK v QQ all in pre very first hand of a 10k freezeout. You can't compare online to live, 6 max to 10 seater, on Sky poker you play 3 x the hands of a live game and add to that multitabling you will see far more action hands. At DTD SPT Final very near bubble Yorkie74 was all in pre QQ v AT Board came AQJ K K  obv rigged!
    Posted by SolarCarro

You are not listening to what we are saying,all the hands are plausable hands,its just the frequency of them....you say you dealt AA KK QQ one time,did J10 call all in as well and flop came AKQ?

its the fact that whoever calls ,there is something for them on the flop ...to chase ... 

and that when the money goes in as 98% fav,at a critical point in the play (all in cash or bubble tournies)

it always getting beaten...

QQ v A10 held wheres the story?  dont see A10 making a 4 card flush anywhere?
  • edited November 2011
    why doesnt someone keep a log over say a month period and work out the percentages then. Surely this will give some indication. i know im the DYMs i have been playing in the past 2 weeks im having the best hands pre flop on the bubble and its going in and im consistently getting beat and the sessions ending up even stevens or slightly down yet i should be winning a lot of the hands if all went smoothly and to the percentage ratio, just seems like people suck out on me more than i suck out on them but that can only happen if i keep getting it in with the best hands :)
  • edited November 2011
    why doesnt someone keep a log over say a month period and work out the percentages then. Surely this will give some indication. i know im the DYMs i have been playing in the past 2 weeks im having the best hands pre flop on the bubble and its going in and im consistently getting beat and the sessions ending up even stevens or slightly down yet i should be winning a lot of the hands if all went smoothly and to the percentage ratio, just seems like people suck out on me more than i suck out on them but that can only happen if i keep getting it in with the best hands :)
    Posted by bahh
    As mrs doyle would say go on,go on,go on,go on,go on,go on,go on