You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM - AKs in SB w/2bbs Shove or Fold?

13»

Comments

• edited December 2011
    Cant believe how long this thread has been running.

THE CORRECT PLAY IS FOLD!!!! it really is that easy. all the guys who said shove, then i'm sorry but in a dym situation it is NOT a good play, given the other stack sizes. The bb should call with any 2 cards and therefore even if he calls with 2 random cards, we are probably no more than 70% favourite( i dont know exact percentages). But im sorry given the other stack sizes i need to be closer to 100% to shove here.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM - AKs in SB w/2bbs Shove or Fold?:
    In Response to Re: DYM - AKs in SB w/2bbs Shove or Fold? : but we do know wot happens! dyms have effectively been 'solved' and there is an optimal way to play almost every situation, and in this case folding will be alot more profitable than shoving 
    Posted by SHANXTA
    Not having a pop, but according to sharkscope, my last 10 games have been a lot more successful than yours.

Maybe you need to re think your game play? (2 x 6th place failures is not good! lol)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM - AKs in SB w/2bbs Shove or Fold? : Not having a pop, but according to sharkscope, my last 10 games have been a lot more successful than yours. Maybe you need to re think your game play? (2 x 6th place failures is not good! lol)
    Posted by Twenny_P
    1. you obv are having a pop

2. lol at sample size
  • edited December 2011
    LOL that is clearly a pop at shanxta which there really is no need for. Has anyone else realised that this discussion has gotten completely off topic? And yes that is partly my fault because i didnt see that Bell only had 1BB behind.In this circumstance, a fold is obviously the correct play. In a DYM the obvious thing to do is nit up here and wait for the bubble to burst. So I have to agree with shanxta and Co, that a fold is right here.
    I kind of muddied the waters a bit by saying that in general this is a horrible fold(which it is), regardless of it being on the bubble or not, 99% of other situations would mean that to shove is +EV. But i do acknowledge that that is completely irrelevant to this post, I just thought id clear up the confusion!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM - AKs in SB w/2bbs Shove or Fold? : Not having a pop, but according to sharkscope, my last 10 games have been a lot more successful than yours. Maybe you need to re think your game play? (2 x 6th place failures is not good! lol)
    Posted by Twenny_P
    u obv r having a pop

lol @ sample size, kinda sums up how u look at poker, results orientated thinkin ftw

i'm not gonna bother checking ur results, but i have a feeling my DYM record will be better than urs
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM - AKs in SB w/2bbs Shove or Fold? : u obv r having a pop lol @ sample size, kinda sums up how u look at poker, results orientated thinkin ftw i'm not gonna bother checking ur results, but i have a feeling my DYM record will be better than urs
    Posted by SHANXTA
    I think you just may be 100% correct here shanx , fyi Twenny P there is no doubt shanxta IS 1 of the better dym players that sky have on this site.
  • edited December 2011
    The thing that puzzles me is no one has acknowledged that the small stack could easily have a hand in the next round, (Aces) win and at least double up.. from there he now has a chance to go on and gain more stack.

You on the other hand could get nothing for a few hands and suddenly become the short stack!

It is not 100% that he blinds out. Am I not right here?

If you all want to be blinkered, go ahead, I'll happily take a challenge and play my style against any of you.

I'll be on the £1.15 tables all afternoon... :-)

• edited December 2011
    The thing that puzzles me is no one has acknowledged that the small stack could easily have a hand in the next round, (Aces) win and at least double up.. from there he now has a chance to go on and gain more stack. You on the other hand could get nothing for a few hands and suddenly become the short stack! It is not 100% that he blinds out. Am I not right here? If you all want to be blinkered, go ahead, I'll happily take a challenge and play my style against any of you. I'll be on the £1.15 tables all afternoon... :-)
    Posted by Twenny_P
    The chances of him having aces next hand, AND the aces winning against 2 random hands must be like 500/1 or something.

Gotta like those odds in our position.
  • edited December 2011
    The thing that puzzles me is no one has acknowledged that the small stack could easily have a hand in the next round, (Aces) win and at least double up.. from there he now has a chance to go on and gain more stack. You on the other hand could get nothing for a few hands and suddenly become the short stack! It is not 100% that he blinds out. Am I not right here? If you all want to be blinkered, go ahead, I'll happily take a challenge and play my style against any of you. I'll be on the £1.15 tables all afternoon... :-)
    Posted by Twenny_P
    one last post as i'm wasting my time as it is,

there is no arguement on who's 'style' is best, the most profitable way to play dyms, especially low stake ones where other players will make far more mistakes is black and white and decisions like the one is this thread are some of the easier ones you will get.

u cant specifically argue, what if he gets aces next hand. and then they hold up vs 2/3 players, the chances are he will not get aces, infact, you have exactly the same chance of getting them next hand!  you are correct that he is not 100% to be eliminated next hand, but then u r not 100% to double up when u ship with AK, far from it. 

i hope that u listen and try to take in some of the advice offered on this / other DYM threads, as there is plenty of gd, free advice offered by some dym regs of different levels which would without doubt improve ur game
  • edited December 2011
    Posted by Twenny_P
    promise to bet 20 into a stack of of 400 if you flop the nuts? coz thats some style...

tbh i aint read all this thread properly, but im guessin your sayin shove AK. now i got a bit of stick at the start of this thread for slating DYM i think they do nothing for your game at all (hence we are debating foldin AK with 2bbs left lol) BUT sadly you cant argue that this is a fold, the fold is 100% correct its just the format that sucks imo the fact your actually a DYM player worries me that you cant see this is a fold tbh