You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Can't do it anymore

Comments

• edited December 2011

I'm good, I win.

loads r better, they win more than I do.

loads r tonnes better, then win tonnes more than I do.

Some players r worse than me, and win.

Some players are alot worse than me, n break even.

Some people r bad, n lose.

Some people r really bad, n lose quite abit.

Alot of people r shockingly bad and loose loads.

Some people havent got a clue and lose a fortune.

----------------------

Show me 1 player who's good, and that loses, n i'll eat my words.

Poker is a volatile game, u get out of it what u put in to it.

Why is that so hard for u guys to understand?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Can't do it anymore:
    So many plonkers over achieve on this site. unreal. wtf r uze on about??? can't wait for antes. gl trying to turn a + ROI by min cashing everynight ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    my record speaks for itself in the main doh, yes i do cash on a regular basis, and have finished on the ft a few times. as yet ive not won one, but no i am not bitter, and if you played the main event more you would know it is not from the lack of trying, im not affraid to shove when the need dictates. i don't think antes will change that.but don't worry im going to play small stake cash this next period, so hopefully i will pick up some good tips from your good self on how to play. i think my bankroll can take it
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Can't do it anymore : my record speaks for itself in the main doh, yes i do cash on a regular basis, and have finished on the ft a few times. as yet ive not won one, but no i am not bitter, and if you played the main event more you would know it is not from the lack of trying, im not affraid to shove when the need dictates. i don't think antes will change that.but don't worry im going to play small stake cash this next period, so hopefully i will pick up some good tips from your good self on how to play. i think my bankroll can take it
    Posted by drumahai05
    you, and alot of others, are in for a shock.

especially as skys tournaments r 6 max.

there's no doubt about it, antes give an advantage to the more skilled, aggressive players.

It's gonna hurt.

No doubt there will be much more "it's rigged" posts when antes are introduced. 

:D
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Can't do it anymore : The simple way to rig online poker is to change the sequence in which the cards are dealt AFTER the rng has done it's work. Hypothetically, if the player doesn't call then the sequence is not changed to 777 flop. No way would any of the poker sites actually rig the rng's because this is the only piece of the software that is regulated and tested. What happens after that is completely unregulated, untested and open to abuse.
    Posted by Seagull158
    1. Explain the process after the rng does its work. I know very little about it, you seem an expert on the entire process

2. If sky or anyone else is doing as you suggest above, then they are not using the rng, as the purpose of the rng is to create random sequences of cards

3. More regulation is great in theory. If you want it so bad why not lobby for it instead of moaning here? Also, are you prepared to pay extra rake for it as regulation of this kind of stuff wont come free

I'm not saying its impossible to rig, or even that its not rigged, but you should provide some evidence if you want to make statements like above
  • edited December 2011
    Didn't really want this to turn into some sort of Slanging Match,

Again I thank all that gave some advice and solice on what has been quite a harrowing time on the tables

N1VEK

Kevin
  • edited December 2011
    look doh i will give credit were its due, your sharkscope looks good with a modest 17%roi i believe you do this as a job. given your return is only 17% surely you would be better off drawing job seekers allowance. and only playing poker part time. just a thought
  • edited December 2011
    look doh i will give credit were its due, your sharkscope looks good with a modest 17%roi i believe you do this as a job. given your return is only 17% surely you would be better off drawing job seekers allowance. and only playing poker part time. just a thought
    Posted by drumahai05
    wat?
  • edited December 2011
    meh hate how people try n drag my personal circumstances into it, it's totally irrelevant, but spose I put myself up to be shot at so fire away.

I play abit of cash too.

Ive said before in A51, that poker is a job with endless promotional opportunities, u can pretty much earn as much as you want, if you're willing to put the effort in.

I left uni 28 months ago.

If I got a job straight from uni, I'd have earnt/won less money than I have from poker.

I've just turned 25, and in a way, I agree, I can't carry on like this all my life. I'm a huge under-achiever, and it's all my fault. 

I got 1 more year to improve on that 17% ROI! or I'm going down the jobcentre! ;)

25 is still young right??? lol ;)

edit* I aint signed on since I was 21, 4 years ago. 

my qualifications haven't got a "use by" date on them either.

• edited December 2011
    . . .  my qualifications haven't got a "use by" date on them either.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I think it depends on what you gratuated in? On the basis that what you learn in year 1 of a 4 year degree course can be obsolete by the time you graduate (software development is one that could fall into this one) you might just find that your degree doesn't have quite as much future proofing with it as the Unis would have prospective students believe. Give it another three years or so, and prospective employers will be far more interested in what you've done since leaving Uni than in your degree itself.

Moving on, I'm interested in the job v poker as an earner though. Over the 24 months since completing your course (let's allow four months to secure a position) someone earning the Nat Min Wage and working forty hours a week would have earned a smidgeon over £25K. I don't know what your 17% RoI (is that return on bankroll, or win rate?) is in ££££s, but if you take the total and divide it by104 weeks and then by 40 hours what does it come to? I suppose one advantage is you don't have to pay tax and NI on it, but the downside is that your not having any NIC contributions made - a problem if you need to draw state benefits at anytime in the future.

Could write lots more on this, but I think we've deviated off of the original topic?

• edited December 2011
    at least i aint paying for him to sit at home playing on his computer, that would tip me right over the  edge!!

• edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Can't do it anymore : I think it depends on what you gratuated in? On the basis that what you learn in year 1 of a 4 year degree course can be obsolete by the time you graduate (software development is one that could fall into this one) you might just find that your degree doesn't have quite as much future proofing with it as the Unis would have prospective students believe. Give it another three years or so, and prospective employers will be far more interested in what you've done since leaving Uni than in your degree itself. Moving on, I'm interested in the job v poker as an earner though. Over the 24 months since completing your course (let's allow four months to secure a position) someone earning the Nat Min Wage and working forty hours a week would have earned a smidgeon over £25K. I don't know what your 17% RoI (is that return on bankroll, or win rate?) is in ££££s, but if you take the total and divide it by104 weeks and then by 40 hours what does it come to? I suppose one advantage is you don't have to pay tax and NI on it, but the downside is that your not having any NIC contributions made - a problem if you need to draw state benefits at anytime in the future. Could write lots more on this, but I think we've deviated off of the original topic?
    Posted by Goethe
    I play cash games also
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Can't do it anymore : I play cash games also
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    So that is. . . .  [£              ] <- enter total MTT, STT & cash table winnings here.
  • edited December 2011
    at least i aint paying for him to sit at home playing on his computer, that would tip me right over the  edge!!
    Posted by pod1
    Yeah . . . all of that tax payers' money spent on subsidising a university education for a large percentage of our yoof, just to see them learn how to say "would you like fries with that" in fourteen different languages, or "this charity [enter name here] desperately needs your support . . . ". makes you want to burst out in tears.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Can't do it anymore : So that is. . . .  [£              ] <- enter total MTT, STT & cash table winnings here.
    Posted by Goethe
    send me ur wage slip then I'll fill that space for you
  • edited December 2011
    i would defend your right to live your life as you see fit doh, and as you are not taking money of the state even more so well done.but Goethe is right, you need to think ahead mate. ive worked all my life and am now retired. i do work part time in the summer. but dont need the penny's, as i have 3 pensions, and a wife who works lol.joking aside, you need a future. let poker be you hobby not your bread and butter, you will enjoy it more and have the spare cash to use on it.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Can't do it anymore : send me ur wage slip then I'll fill that space for you
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Boooooooo . . . . . . . . .  I'll take that as:

(a) the total works out as less than the NMW over the two years since you graduated,

(b) You don't know as you haven't maintained accurate records.

? ? ? ? ?
  • edited December 2011
    i take it as p i ss off, none of your business and if you think im putting that information on a poker forum you can kiss my little/large white a r s e!!

• edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Can't do it anymore : 1. Explain the process after the rng does its work. I know very little about it, you seem an expert on the entire process 2. If sky or anyone else is doing as you suggest above, then they are not using the rng, as the purpose of the rng is to create random sequences of cards 3. More regulation is great in theory. If you want it so bad why not lobby for it instead of moaning here? Also, are you prepared to pay extra rake for it as regulation of this kind of stuff wont come free I'm not saying its impossible to rig, or even that its not rigged, but you should provide some evidence if you want to make statements like above
    Posted by grantorino
    1. The regulation specifically excludes any statement that the sequence of cards generated by the rng at the start of the hand is the same sequence that is distributed to the players as the hand progresses. In fact, the regulation is worded in such a way as it allows the possibility of the sequence being changed during the hand. Elsadog quoted the exact wording in a post a few montha ago.
    2. As I explained several times, they can use the rng to create the card sequence at the start of the hand and then subsequently manipulate the sequence as the hand progresses.
    3. I spent several months communicating with the Alderney Gambling Commission trying to get information on the rng tests and on the process of card distribution during the hand. They stonewalled me the whole time and refused to provide any information. We pay for the regulation right now through the rake. The should regulate properly and close the glaring loopholes.
  • edited December 2011
    i take it as p i ss off, none of your business and if you think im putting that information on a poker forum you can kiss my little/large white a r s e!!
    Posted by pod1
    delete as apropriate?

In Response to Re: Can't do it anymore:
    i take it as p i ss off, none of your business and if you think im putting that information on a poker forum you can kiss my large white a r s e!!
    Posted by pod1

Was very drunk last night (see bbv) n therefore was not looking forward to re-visiting this thread, but it's not too bad n the above post made me lol!!!!! ^^^

1 more year folks. (said that last year). but I'm a much better player now, just need to find the motivation to break through!

1 more timeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D:D:D

• edited December 2011
    i would defend your right to live your life as you see fit doh, and as you are not taking money of the state even more so well done.but Goethe is right, you need to think ahead mate. ive worked all my life and am now retired. i do work part time in the summer. but dont need the penny's, as i have 3 pensions, and a wife who works lol.joking aside, you need a future. let poker be you hobby not your bread and butter, you will enjoy it more and have the spare cash to use on it.
    Posted by drumahai05
    This is all very good advice for most people (maybe me as well, we'll see).

What I'm trying to do is far from impossible, tonnes of players do it on this site & even more on others.

If any of you are interested, in the new year I'm gonna be starting a blog, writing daily on my progress, which will include profit/loss figures, and amount of hours played etc. Another attempt to keep myself motivated to play!

Will put a link up when I get it going.

Can also follow me on twatter, @DOHHHHHHH23 where I update after every session, (yesterday I played 8 hours and finished down £3, rivveting stuff!!!! ;)

• edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Can't do it anymore : This is all very good advice for most people (maybe me as well, we'll see). What I'm trying to do is far from impossible, tonnes of players do it on this site & even more on others. If any of you are interested, in the new year I'm gonna be starting a blog, writing daily on my progress, which will include profit/loss figures, and amount of hours played etc. Another attempt to keep myself motivated to play! Will put a link up when I get it going. Can also follow me on twatter, @DOHHHHHHH23 where I update after every session, (yesterday I played 8 hours and finished down £3, rivveting stuff!!!! ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Please do start that blog as it will defo have a big following , imo you will succeed as long as the motivation stays with you.

Best of luck with it and  'MAY THE RNG BE WITH YOU' ;))
  • edited December 2011
    i for one would read it, i dont do twatter as it comes across as "look at me ,look at me" but a blog on the trials and tribulations of a half/decent poker player a few/a lot of levels above me would be interesting.  
     delete were applicable :-)
  • edited December 2011
    If any of you are interested, in the new year I'm gonna be starting a blog, writing daily on my progress, which will include profit/loss figures, and amount of hours played etc.
    Great idea - see if you can syndicate it and thereby add to the return on your time.
    . . . .  (yesterday I played 8 hours and finished down £3, rivveting stuff!!!! ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I bet your mum was impressed? How d'you explain that one away?

Best wishes for the New Year (sincerely meant).

Goethe.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Can't do it anymore : Great idea - see if you can syndicate it and thereby add to the return on your time. I bet your mum was impressed? How d'you explain that one away? Best wishes for the New Year (sincerely meant). Goethe.
    Posted by Goethe
    I lol'd! haha.

No comeback for that one, although it could have been alot worse.

...& thnx, you too!

• edited December 2011

Just to let you know Guys I've got my £10 up to £81.44, Not bad

• edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Just to let you know Guys I've got my £10 up to £81.44, Not bad
    Posted by N1VEK
    nice one keep it up and keep the mindset right if it goes wrong come off chill keep your head straight ftw
  • edited December 2011
    YOU ARE ALL WRONG WHEN IT COMES TO RNG....

NONE OF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT WHEN DISCUSSING RNG!

SITES DONT REALLY RUN RNG IN THEIR SOFTWHARE....THEY JUST LABLE IT RNG....

I DONT THINK ANY OF YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT REAL RNG MEANS!

THE BLIND LEADING THE BLIND!
  • edited December 2011
    Cheers Guys and thanks again for the sobering thoughts
  • edited December 2011
    Cheers Guys and thanks again for the sobering thoughts
    Posted by N1VEK
    See you soon with your next 'it's all fixed' thread when you lose that then?

Aside from it going slightly off-topic, how does yet another it's all fixed' thread get so many replies, especially some of them that must've took 10 minutes to type out!? lol