You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Can't do it anymore

13»

Comments

• edited December 2011
    bit harsh diehard, think he has seen the error of his ways and has turned the corner. dont knock a man when hes trying to get up!!!

• edited December 2011
    Ok sorry lol, I didn't actually read all the replies. Was just surprised how many there was.

GL N1VEK ;)
  • edited December 2011
    nice post die hard. gl

• edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Can't do it anymore:
    In Response to Re: Can't do it anymore : 1. The regulation specifically excludes any statement that the sequence of cards generated by the rng at the start of the hand is the same sequence that is distributed to the players as the hand progresses. In fact, the regulation is worded in such a way as it allows the possibility of the sequence being changed during the hand. Elsadog quoted the exact wording in a post a few montha ago. 2. As I explained several times, they can use the rng to create the card sequence at the start of the hand and then subsequently manipulate the sequence as the hand progresses. 3. I spent several months communicating with the Alderney Gambling Commission trying to get information on the rng tests and on the process of card distribution during the hand. They stonewalled me the whole time and refused to provide any information. We pay for the regulation right now through the rake. The should regulate properly and close the glaring loopholes.
    Posted by Seagull158
    read my thread in general poker chat..."GOOD GRIEF" They wont tell you diddly brown stuff!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the post Die Hard, and yes that was a little harsh, I'm not one of these fish, I try and play the game properly as much as you can at this level (Thinking of pot odds etc) when you have fish all around you that when it's a big pot always seem to Catch that miracle card, If i've learned anything in the cash side, It's not to get involved in the big pots unless I have the nuts or when the pot odds are in my favour,

A couple of things I have noticed is the amount of draws it throws up, not that I play them because as far as i'm concerned gutshots and up and down straight draws very rarely have the right price to call but the amount of draws you seem to have to discipline yourself not to play is astounding, It's as if they are trying to tempt you to build pots to create a bigger rake for themsselves.

The other thing I (THINK) I've found is that in Sit and goes if you  get a really bad run of cards and are short stacked, no matter what you have it will be beaten, KK, AA, AK, is this possibly to get the game over ASAP to save server space and allow more games to start?

N1VEK
  • edited December 2011
    The other thing I (THINK) I've found is that in Sit and goes if you  get a really bad run of cards and are short stacked, no matter what you have it will be beaten, KK, AA, AK, is this possibly to get the game over ASAP to save server space and allow more games to start? N1VEK
    Posted by N1VEK
    No it's not. It's all anecdotal tosh based on individuals' own experiences which are statistically insignificant in the grand scheme of the number of cards dealt across the site each day.

A lot of the time in SnGs oppos will call these hands with junk because (a) they're short stacked too and are about to be blinded out or (b) they've got big stacks and can afford to take the risk of losing or (c) they're holding a pair or Ace something and you have to play those don't you ("of course it's a call I've got an ace innit?"). I'm sure you know the probabilities - losing out on an overpair to an underpair three times on the trot is still more likely to happen than someone hitting their two pair runner runner after an All-In call after the flop (I'm sure you've been on the business end of those too).

Good cards.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Can't do it anymore : No it's not. It's all anecdotal tosh based on individuals' own experiences which are statistically insignificant in the grand scheme of the number of cards dealt across the site each day.
    Posted by Goethe
    Great sentence!

• edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Can't do it anymore : Great sentence!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    wot no congrats for my cash in the ukops DOHHH. i only missed out on a main event cash by running into AA aswell.. enjoyed the ukops.  and got some nice cash from it. check my mttt stats..
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Can't do it anymore : Great sentence!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Yeah . . . a comma in there somewhere might save someone from passing out.
  • edited December 2011
    personally i read posts in my head and not out loud so im never going to pass out reading. +1 to a great line/2/3. happy new year!
  • edited January 2012
    I've rinsed enough down the sky cash pot hole, seen everything and i honestly dont believe that the programming aint tilted towards the gamble, only just now some jammy sod hit a magic ten to give him a full house. (o wait it was you Nivek!!!)

But seriously every time i have KK, someone always has AA, its got to the stage were i expect them to have it already, i think i'll be done with sky for while.  

And to SKy poker Pete who tells us how honest sky is, can he answer how it defines the odds time and time again, seriously peter, really, u really think it is. 
  • edited January 2012
    Mr Scouse, your right I was lucky, It was on the turn and it was an over pair to the flop and if memory serves it was not a massive raise with your trip 7s, so was entitled to be in the pot, you were sinply having one of those prolonged (it seams) times that no matter what you do, your beaten,

Lots of luck MrS