You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker channel changes

edited February 2012 in Sky Poker Live
This Sunday 22nd January will be the last time we transmit live from our current studio. After this we will be off air (meaning no live shows) until Thursday 2nd February when we will be back at 7pm with 5 hours of new exciting programming.

During our time off air we will be showing a variety of repeats including all the top poker guest we've had on the channel over the last year.

From the 2nd February we will be live every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday evening from 7pm until midnight bringing you a variety of shows including Master Cash, Sky Poker School, Top Of The Pots, Chat Box, Poker Clinic, Ask The Expert, Analyse My Play and a whole lot more.

Each show will be 1 hour in length plus repeated at set times each day, also series linked so you have no excuse to miss anything.

Along with all the new show will be a whole new set and on screen graphics, I could show you but I don't want to ruin the surprise. The new set will also allow us to have up to 4 guests, so for those who have been keen to get on the channel there should now be more opportunities for this to happen.

We have great new poker experts joining the existing team who you will see on a regular basis including Julian Thew, Redmond Lee, Ryan Spittles and Stuart Rutter. Some more names are also be added to the roster very soon. Each will be bringing you their top tips and advice.

Thank you to the Sky Poker community for supporting the channel so far and the Production Team here at Sky are really looking forward to bringing you some exciting programmes next month.

Comments

• edited January 2012

Best of luck for your studio move. 

May all your cables match and all your technology work correctly.

Is there going to be no show on a Saturday night anymore due to the fact that Tikay is taking over at Strictly and Richard is going to be the new host of Harry Hill's show (renamed Orfords 'Our)?*

*may not be true  
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker channel changes:
    Best of luck for your studio move.  May all your cables match and all your technology work correctly. Is there going to be no show on a Saturday night anymore due to the fact that Tikay is taking over at Strictly and Richard is going to be the new host of Harry Hill's show (renamed Orfords 'Our)?* *may not be true   ☺
    Posted by MAXALLY
    No more live shows on a Saturday as Tikay and Orford will be the new hosts of Strictly Come Dance (of course this is not true) :)

Saturday is one of our most popular nights but for a number of reasons have moved to a Tuesday. The joy of having a dedicated channel means that if these changes do not work out we can always try something else
  • edited January 2012
    Sounds good, looking forward to it. Good luck with the move.

Now if we could just have full HD and DTS surround sound that would be great ;-) "HOSE ME DOWN" in 5.1 would sound great.

• edited January 2012

Actually will be recorded in HD, but then down res'd to SD.

Because of where we are in the EPG and the bandwidth the picture will not a much better but there will be some improvements especially to the audio

• edited January 2012
    Coolio.

The only 'issue' (not that it really bothers me as it's so minor) with the current transmission is I find the audio level quite low compared to a lot of other channels I watch, so I have to increase the amp volume to compensate.

• edited January 2012
    Good luck with the move. 

Is there any way of transmitting Anna in HD but leaving Tikay in Standard Def?

I am asking this on behalf of every viewer you have ever had on the show. 

Sim.
  • edited January 2012

Mods - ban Sim, plz.
  • edited January 2012

i thought that tikay was a computer generated graphic voiced by tom hanks.

PS.  i hope that we will see more of tikay and "buzz" orford.

• edited January 2012
    Looking forward to the changes - change is good!

I agree with NoseyBonk above regarding the audio. It does seem slightly quiet compared with other channels and when using the stream from the website I have to turn it up quite a lot (to full volume on the TouchPad) to hear it at a decent level.

A shame it can't be HD but I guess it just isn't necessary.
  • edited January 2012
    The audio is currently playing out of an analogue studio, hence its so poor. Once we move to the new studio and it plays in digital it should improve
  • edited January 2012
    Mods - ban Sim, plz.
    Posted by Tikay10

Errrr - no!

By the way people, if you come to the Sky Poker Tour, you can see Tikay in 3D!
  • edited January 2012
    bring back the stools, so we can see Anna's legs ! thats what I say
  • edited January 2012

Sounds interesting.  Do you have a rough idea when the repeat of the Luke Schwartz guest show will be on?   Its the episode I wanted to see most, but never got a chance. I remember there was a episode of PNL from years ago with Phil Laak and Esfandiari that I missed as well. My friend told me Esfandiari was in the process of learning PLO and Tikay told him that the show intended to do a 'how to play PLO series' in future episodes.  I know PNL isn't linked with Sky, but I would be grateful if anyone could point me in the direction of that episode and also did Tikay teach Esfandiari how to play PLO?   If so, surely he should get a slice of Antonio's profits at the game since that episode :-)  . 

Many thanks

Lewis

• edited January 2012
    bring back the stools, so we can see Anna's legs ! thats what I say
    Posted by PUCPOUND
    There is actually 2 sets, one has stolls and the other is lovely sofa, think Sky Sports. You can see Orford's ankles in full vision...... don't say we don't look after our customers ;)
  • edited January 2012
    Sounds interesting.  Do you have a rough idea when the repeat of the Luke Schwartz guest show will be on?   Its the episode I wanted to see, but never got a chance. I remember there was a episode of PNL from years ago with Phil Laak and Esfandiari that I missed as well. My friend told me Esfandiari was in the process of learning PLO and Tikay told him that the show intended to do a 'how to play PLO series' in future episodes.  I know PNL isn't linked with Sky, but I would be grateful if anyone could point me in the direction of that episode and also did Tikay teach Esfandiari how to play PLO?   If so, surely he should get a slice of Antonio's profits at the game since that episode :-)  .  Many thanks Lewis
    Posted by H3lp-PDSA
    Have not got the Luke Schwartz show scheduled until February. Will come back to you with the exact time/ date asap.

I've nudged Tikay about the PLO question..... he laughed and will reply at some point
  • edited January 2012
    Many thanks Claire,  much appreciated

Lewis
  • edited January 2012
    Sounds interesting.  Do you have a rough idea when the repeat of the Luke Schwartz guest show will be on?   Its the episode I wanted to see most, but never got a chance. I remember there was a episode of PNL from years ago with Phil Laak and Esfandiari that I missed as well. My friend told me Esfandiari was in the process of learning PLO and Tikay told him that the show intended to do a 'how to play PLO series' in future episodes.  I know PNL isn't linked with Sky, but I would be grateful if anyone could point me in the direction of that episode and also did Tikay teach Esfandiari how to play PLO?   If so, surely he should get a slice of Antonio's profits at the game since that episode :-)  .  Many thanks Lewis
    Posted by H3lp-PDSA
    Hi Lewis.

Yes, I recall that very show on PNL, happy days. But no, lol, I never taught Antonio anything, he already knew most things. He's a superb magician, by the way, & I have met him in several different "lifes". To be honest, I very much doubt he has any significant profits at PLO, or even Hold Em. Smoke & mirrors ftw.

I don't think much archive footage exists of PNL these days, but if it did, you'd recognize a face or two - Kara, James B, Nick W, Michelle O, Dr Tom, maybe even me.
  • edited January 2012

Thanks Tikay. I remember most of those presenters, am I correct in saying Gary Jones worked for PNL as well? He is a top analyst, I always enjoyed listening to him. Maybe it wasn't PNL, but it was definitely on a UK tv channel. Perhaps the Poker Channel?  

• edited January 2012
    Thanks Tikay . I remember most of those presenters, am I correct in saying Gary Jones worked for PNL as well? He is a top analyst, I always enjoyed listening to him. Maybe it wasn't PNL, but it was definitely on a UK tv channel. Perhaps the Poker Channel?  
    Posted by H3lp-PDSA
    Gary Jones did not work for PNL, as I recall, but he used to do a lot of TV commentating for "Poker Channel" back then, when it was a half-decent channel. He remains, to my mind, the best TV Poker Commentator I have ever heard, & by a decent way.

I've not seen him around for a year or two, though I don't play on the Online sites he does, but I'm sure he's getting by. He is an awesome PLO player.

Last time I bumped into him he had dyed his hair bright green, as a sort of environmental protest. He also refuses to fly anywhere, as flying is not deemed "greeen" these days, so that makes playing the WSOP, where he has a fine record, a tad awkward. Odd that, for a kid who used to own a Ferrari!

• edited January 2012
    So does this mean each live show is going to be broken down into sections of different shows or have I read that wrong ?
  • edited January 2012
    I guess there are plenty of cash games around London and he has no need to travel abroad anyway.  Not sure about the green hair though, that may start a few fights up here in Scotland, lol. 
  • edited January 2012
    So does this mean each live show is going to be broken down into sections of different shows or have I read that wrong ?
    Posted by AcidMan27
    Yes 5 hours live broken up into 1 hour segments- 1 hour Master Cash, 1 hour Sky Poker School etc
  • edited January 2012
    [QUOTE]I guess there are plenty of cash games around London and he has no need to travel abroad anyway.  Not sure about the green hair though, that may start a few fights up here in Scotland, lol. 
    Posted by H3lp-PDSA

I am informed that Gary has had three Tourney cashes in the last 12 months, at DTD, Luton, & in an EPT sidey. 
  • edited January 2012
    The show on the 14th February should be good too. As I was just watching a repeat of last Thursday show I heard Mr Kendall refer to me as a 'Dragon' so Orford and Kendall will spend Valentine's together.

They might also be a little Valentine theme that evening.......... open to suggestions!

• edited January 2012
    The changes sound great, I'm delighted to see a big increase in the amount of live airtime. Good luck!

Will it be in HD? Sky Poker is about the only thing I ever watch that's not in HD these days.
  • edited January 2012
    No HD for the moment just SD
  • edited January 2012
    Great news, looking forward to the new set up. 

Also i would just like to say fantastic line up of analysts WP sky x
  • edited January 2012
    The show on the 14th February should be good too. As I was just watching a repeat of last Thursday show I heard Mr Kendall refer to me as a 'Dragon' so Orford and Kendall will spend Valentine's together. They might also be a little Valentine theme that evening.......... open to suggestions!
    Posted by Sky_Claire
    Photoshop is brilliant. I just spluffed my tea over my keyboard.
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker channel changes : Photoshop is brilliant. I just spluffed my tea over my keyboard.
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    Open to suggestions for the on screen couple that night......... keep it clean!
  • edited January 2012
    gl with the changes.. im stuck in my ways and change is not always good, but im sure this will be.. i know i was one of the haters last time when the table pop up thing went but i got used to it!!

is the pop up table thing coming back??