You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker channel changes

Comments

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker channel changes:
    gl with the changes.. im stuck in my ways and change is not always good, but im sure this will be.. i know i was one of the haters last time when the table pop up thing went but i got used to it!! is the pop up table thing coming back??
    Posted by bigflop1
    The virtual set wont be making a return as those facilities are not available at Sky (we used to be based at another campus) plus its very dated. The new sets are inline with Sky Sports and Sky News.

The main thing is the actual programming and the content from the channel. This will see a massive improvement and 'should' please everyone
  • edited January 2012

Hmmm, it's reminding me of something but I can't quite put my finger on it...

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker channel changes : The virtual set wont be making a return as those facilities are not available at Sky (we used to be based at another campus) plus its very dated. The new sets are inline with Sky Sports and Sky News. The main thing is the actual programming and the content from the channel. This will see a massive improvement and 'should' please everyone
    Posted by Sky_Claire
    With an audience made up of poker players I fail to see how anyone could not be pleased...............

• edited January 2012
    Hmmm, it's reminding me of something but I can't quite put my finger on it...
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Use your photoshop skillz to replace Harold with Herman and you're bang on ;-)

• edited January 2012
    this looks to be interesting. does this mean no coverage from that nights tournies anymore?
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker channel changes : The virtual set wont be making a return as those facilities are not available at Sky (we used to be based at another campus) plus its very dated. The new sets are inline with Sky Sports and Sky News. The main thing is the actual programming and the content from the channel. This will see a massive improvement and 'should' please everyone
    Posted by Sky_Claire

Good luck with that! Gunga Din comes to mind.
  • edited January 2012
    this looks to be interesting. does this mean no coverage from that nights tournies anymore?
    Posted by lozgo
    We will devote the last show of the live shows to show the highlights of the tournaments that night. Gives you plenty of time to get your hand request in too
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker channel changes : We will devote the last show of the live shows to show the highlights of the tournaments that night. Gives you plenty of time to get your hand request in too
    Posted by Sky_Claire
    to be honest 1 hour out of 5 for live tournie isn't very much and won't allow time for many hands to be shown. can't see the point in having live show if there are only a few live hands being shown - and yes i do include mastercash. i can understand filling up the first couple of hours with cash and chat - early levels of most tournies aren't exactly exciting; but surely the shows are meant to be about analysing the live play and not just selected big hands.
    not sure where you are going with this program. maybe a lot more detail would be advisable to help explain the changes.
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker channel changes : to be honest 1 hour out of 5 for live tournie isn't very much and won't allow time for many hands to be shown. can't see the point in having live show if there are only a few live hands being shown - and yes i do include mastercash. i can understand filling up the first couple of hours with cash and chat - early levels of most tournies aren't exactly exciting; but surely the shows are meant to be about analysing the live play and not just selected big hands. not sure where you are going with this program. maybe a lot more detail would be advisable to help explain the changes.
    Posted by lozgo
    Nobody ever likes change but I suggest you tune in during February and see what you think then

Thanks
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker channel changes : Nobody ever likes change but I suggest you tune in during February and see what you think then Thanks
    Posted by Sky_Claire
    have never had any problem with change; SPT schedual, Top of the Pots etc. all excellent changes.
    i will watch the new programs and make my mind up. however a few more details would not go amiss.
    pleeeeeeeez!!
  • edited January 2012
    I disagree with Lozgo, the early levels of the tournament often provide more interesting poker than the final table, where blinds dictate "fold or shove" poker a high proportion of the time.

I'm sure some of the changes will be good, some perhaps not so, but we've all got to give it a few months to bed in to see quite how it all works out.
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker channel changes : have never had any problem with change; SPT schedual, Top of the Pots etc. all excellent changes. i will watch the new programs and make my mind up. however a few more details would not go amiss. pleeeeeeeez!!
    Posted by lozgo
    There is 15 new shows per week, not including some pro interviews on location, more Hot Seats and Sky Pokre Tour coverage.

The shows are:
    Sky Poker School - 1 per night, so 3 in total covering all levels, ability, cash, tournaments and Omaha
    Poker Clinic
    Top Of The Pots
    Sky Poker Highlights- 2 nights per week
    Ask The Expert/ Guest
    Top of Sky Poker (similar to TOTP's)
    Master Cash
    Chat Box
    Analysis My Play
    Tonight on Sky Poker- 3 nights per week

Most do what they say in the titles, but obviously as times go on we will makes changes to all the shows to see what works well or doesnt.

I think it would be wrong for me to put exactly what is going to happen in each show on here as changes can happen night to night. If we feel that a certain show is not working that we can replace it.

We have been reading all the feedback that comes on the forum and into the show to try and give the viewers what they want.

Always going to be difficult to please everyone but always great to hear constructive criticism and aim to keep evolving the channel going forward
  • edited January 2012
  • edited January 2012
    hmmmm, first week or two should be  interesting. looking forward to the omaha!
  • edited January 2012
    I like lozgo have reservations about the forth-coming changes not following the big tournies from start to finish (or near finish) will be a major loss of viewing pleasure IMO. I have not missed a live show in about 3 years obv recording the ones when I have been away on holiday etc.
    The 1 show I would like to see again is the one with John Tabatabi as guest annalist this IMO was one of the classics. Please repeat this if at all possible.
    I will without question be viewing the new format next month and I hope for many more years of enjoyable viewing.
  • edited January 2012
    A little sneak peak at the set being constructed........
  • edited January 2012
    A little sneak peak at the set being constructed........
    Posted by Sky_Claire
    Nice. I reckon if you replace those white bulbs with blue ones Carlo will be able to tan and analyse. Tanalyse....

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker channel changes : Nice. I reckon if you replace those white bulbs with blue ones Carlo will be able to tan and analyse. Tanalyse....
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    LOL no comment :)
  • edited January 2012
    Testing the new lights.....

Tikay is going to take some pictures tomorrow and write a little blog
  • edited January 2012
    Please don't ever get rid of the Carlo soundbites during the live shows. Every time they **** me up!

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker channel changes : Open to suggestions for the on screen couple that night......... keep it clean!
    Posted by Sky_Claire
    Well Claire I know Steve AKA Budgirl is itching to come on the show!  Maybe if you are after a couple i could join him. I promise to keep him in check.. lol

Lorraine
  • edited January 2012
    still no pictures or blog. tikay seems to be slacking!
  • edited January 2012
    still no pictures or blog. tikay seems to be slacking!
    Posted by lozgo
    Oh poor Tikay he has been rushed off his feet this week with rehearsals, the Stylist (he's looking good), PTN and SPT this weekend

I have had official photos of the set and talent taken and these will go to press next Wednesday plus put on the site for people to see.

Don't want to ruin the excitement :)
  • edited January 2012
    Here is one of the pictures from rehearsals last week......... unfortunately missing Carlo, Stuart and Julian

• edited January 2012
    Here is one of the pictures from rehearsals last week......... unfortunately missing Carlo, Stuart and Julian
    Posted by Sky_Claire
    The Magnificent 7 ride again !
  • edited January 2012
    Posted by Sky_Claire
    Also note NO MORE BURGUNDY JACKET for Tikay, the stylist has got him a black velvet one......... not sure if that's an improvement :)
  • edited January 2012
    And another one.......... Tikay giving Orford some poker advice ;)