You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker channel changes

13»

Comments

• edited February 2012
    Have Trevor Harris and Ed Giddins any part to play in the new format? 

I admit I'm struggling with continuity here, especially as I don't always catch the live shows. There seem to be less hands being shown, but perhaps I'm just not catching the right 'segment'.

• edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker channel changes:
    Have Trevor Harris and Ed Giddins any part to play in the new format?  I admit I'm struggling with continuity here, especially as I don't always catch the live shows. There seem to be less hands being shown, but perhaps I'm just not catching the right 'segment'.
    Posted by Cell1919
    Ed hasn't been on the show as an analyst for years now, which is a shame as I think he's the best analyst Sky Poker has ever had (although Ryan [Scotty77] has impressed me so far though). Trevor hasn't been on in a couple of months, idk why.

Have also noticed this trend with less hands being shown myself, unfortunately.
  • edited February 2012
    I think that's the problem with the repeat side of things. Some shows were a couple of months old, thus giving the impression people are around when they're not.

It's the nature of a channel like this I guess. Carlo Citrone appeared then disappeared. Ian Frazer the same.

I agree about Ryan's input - enjoyable, level headed and clear. 

I'm just not sure about so many 'talking heads'. If there was more live output then the discussion shows would be part of a 'balanced range' (see what I did there?) but as it is it's almost a surprise when a hand comes up.

Not meaning to be unduly critical, but poker is what we're there for. There are many online resources where the format of the WSOP can be discussed, but only one 'live' poker channel.

• edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker channel changes:
    I think that's the problem with the repeat side of things. Some shows were a couple of months old, thus giving the impression people are around when they're not. It's the nature of a channel like this I guess. Carlo Citrone appeared then disappeared. Ian Frazer the same. I agree about Ryan's input - enjoyable, level headed and clear.  I'm just not sure about so many 'talking heads'. If there was more live output then the discussion shows would be part of a 'balanced range' (see what I did there?) but as it is it's almost a surprise when a hand comes up. Not meaning to be unduly critical, but poker is what we're there for. There are many online resources where the format of the WSOP can be discussed, but only one 'live' poker channel.
    Posted by Cell1919
    Carlo Citrone is still with the channel, so not sure where you are getting that from, hence he was at the SPT Luton at the end of January
  • edited February 2012
    Can I politely remind everyone that it is not Sky's policy to discuss individuals employment status. I am sure you would not want your employer discussing your role within a company on a public forum!

People will continue to come up with stories and theories on who is currently with the channel and who might not be, but I have yet to see one on this forum that is correct. Most of the people who have been mentions are actually working on separate projects with myself away from Sky Poker and looking at expanding other TV ventures within the SB&G group.

It becoming increasingly boring and disappointing to keep reading these posts regarding talent.

Please respect those who work at the channel and stop with the conspiracy theories!
  • edited February 2012
    Sorry Claire, I think that's being a little unrealistic.

People on TV, whether on the BBC, ITV, Sky or whatever and are going to be talked about, and speculated about (both correctly and incorrectly). There's nothing on this thread which would constitute anything out of the ordinary in that regard or that is prying deeply in to any particular individual's circumstances. I think the only thing on this thread which could even remotely be painted as a "conspiracy theory" is Cell919's post about on-screen analysts appearing & disappearing.

Anyway, as you've said before (or was it Tikay) that the presenters and analysts aren't employed as such anyway, but merely engaged on a per show basis.

We all have our favourites among the on-screen team, which is natural and most of us have those who we don't appreciate quite as much.

I hope the channel continues to go from strength to strength as mentioned above, it's the only one like it.

• edited February 2012
    Good grief.

I never meant to touch a nerve.

I just wondered whether the people who have encouraged me to watch the channel are there or not any more. It's increasingly difficult to work out who is on when and doing what.

If that's off limits then apologies!
  • edited February 2012
  • edited February 2012
    Good grief. I never meant to touch a nerve. I just wondered whether the people who have encouraged me to watch the channel are there or not any more. It's increasingly difficult to work out who is on when and doing what. If that's off limits then apologies!
    Posted by Cell1919
    Cell1919 its not touching a nerve but by writing 'Carlo Citrone appeared then disappeared' will only encourage others on the site to think the worse.

May have been better to ask who was on the next show and a particular date

Thanks
  • edited February 2012
    Cheers for that scotty :-)

I suspect that Redmond's winnings in that link my be a tad understated lol.
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker channel changes : Cell1919 its not touching a nerve but by writing 'Carlo Citrone appeared then disappeared' will only encourage others on the site to think the worse. May have been better to ask who was on the next show and a particular date Thanks
    Posted by Sky_Claire
    I just wanted to know if some people who were on regularly were still with you. Asking who was on the next show wouldn't have answered that.

SkyPoker has been very good at creating a brand loyalty and sense of 'family' due to the presenters and analysts that they've employed. When one or two disappear without notice it is only human nature to wonder whether it's long term or whether they're doing something else. 

But forget I ever said anything, and good luck with the re-vamp :-)
  • edited February 2012
    Sorry Claire, I think that's being a little unrealistic. People on TV, whether on the BBC, ITV, Sky or whatever and are going to be talked about, and speculated about (both correctly and incorrectly). There's nothing on this thread which would constitute anything out of the ordinary in that regard or that is prying deeply in to any particular individual's circumstances. I think the only thing on this thread which could even remotely be painted as a "conspiracy theory" is Cell919's post about on-screen analysts appearing & disappearing. Anyway, as you've said before (or was it Tikay) that the presenters and analysts aren't employed as such anyway, but merely engaged on a per show basis. We all have our favourites among the on-screen team, which is natural and most of us have those who we don't appreciate quite as much. I hope the channel continues to go from strength to strength as mentioned above, it's the only one like it.
    Posted by FCHD
    People are fully entitled to speculate, but my general post about Sky's policies on discussing peoples employment status is not directed at yourself, hence not a reply but general post. There has been several posts that have run over the last few months on the same topic. It has simply come to the point where I have to step in and ask people to stop probing out of respect for all of those involved. Someone said we had 'got rid' of LML the other week, the forum goes mad etc, but no she moved to LA to start a career there.

I fully understand viewers have their favourite Presenters and Experts, so do I, Orford is a nightmare ha ha

However people have demanded to know what has 'happened' to certain individuals which will never be discussed on a public forum due to respect for those involved. Things are never as clear as they seem and the viewer will always see Sky as the bad one.

We all want this forum to be a enjoyable place to go and this should also be for those that work across the product. So with the talent changes happening and great members of the team now announced such as Scotty77, Julian Thew, Redmond Lee, Stuart Rutter etc plus another name from this March, I only encourage people to focus on that.

Thanks
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker channel changes : Cell1919 its not touching a nerve but by writing 'Carlo Citrone appeared then disappeared' will only encourage others on the site to think the worse. May have been better to ask who was on the next show and a particular date Thanks
    Posted by Sky_Claire
    And he was on a show all of 10 days ago!
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker channel changes : People are fully entitled to speculate, but my general post about Sky's policies on discussing peoples employment status is not directed at yourself, hence not a reply but general post. There has been several posts that have run over the last few months on the same topic. It has simply come to the point where I have to step in and ask people to stop probing out of respect for all of those involved. Someone said we had 'got rid' of LML the other week, the forum goes mad etc, but no she moved to LA to start a career there. I fully understand viewers have their favourite Presenters and Experts, so do I, Orford is a nightmare ha ha However people have demanded to know what has 'happened' to certain individuals which will never be discussed on a public forum due to respect for those involved. Things are never as clear as they seem and the viewer will always see Sky as the bad one. We all want this forum to be a enjoyable place to go and this should also be for those that work across the product. So with the talent changes happening and great members of the team now announced such as Scotty77, Julian Thew, Redmond Lee, Stuart Rutter etc plus another name from this March, I only encourage people to focus on that. Thanks
    Posted by Sky_Claire
    Why did you get rid of Scotty and replace him with Ryan?  I thought Scotty was really good. ;-)
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker channel changes : Why did you get rid of Scotty and replace him with Ryan?  I thought Scotty was really good. ;-)
    Posted by Machka

No Way Ryan could take Scotty down heads up any day of the week.............  and he's better looking ;o)