You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Play My Hand requests.....

Comments

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Play My Hand requests.....:
    Could you play this unreal quad vs quads.. hand number : 0218176151 table : belton 0.02/0.04 date :: 28.12.09  time : between 14.25 / 14.35 i flop trips,, vs other player MCL512 floping full-house.. re-raises etc,, i turn quads,, vs river giving MCL quad 8s.. great hands t.y,, Lee
    Posted by IrishWOLF
    Irishwolf's hand here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHHqgzI5szs
  • edited March 2010
    Hand id 216332737, literally a couple of minutes ago in the £200 bounty hunter The table is full of calling stations, therefore when deal the Aces under the gun I chose not to limp hoping for action behind as it would probably have gone call call call call call. As it is, my 3x raise had that effect anyway and suddenly I have a bunch of opponents in a pot that's going to get out of control fast. Therefore when it comes flushing I bet big just trying to take it down, not presenting anyone with the odds to hit their flush - however once one has I suppose the other gets the odds - anyway with 2 people on the same flush draw they have less chance, right? Unfortunately turn comes a spade, I realise the mess I'm in, decide that if anyone puts me all in I'm going to call anyway so I may as well put the chips in first and hope for the redraw nut flush if it gets called. Obviously this doesn't happen. So how did I get myself into this horrible situation. Should I have bet bigger preflop, say 5x? (If so, it goes fold fold fold and I've wasted the best hole cards in hold'em, though better to win a small pot yadda yadda...), how about maybe the overbet or the all in on the flop just to take it down? And should I have gotten away when the turn card fell? Majj
    Posted by Majj
    Here's Majj's hand:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGM7DS7sYa8

And here he is with his GCSE art project:

• edited March 2010
    Hand number #218984735 Alias: EEN DYM SnG 30/12/2009 Flopped Quad 10's and still managed to get paid off of them, pretty much doubling my stack and saving my tourney life :P
    Posted by EEN
    EEN's Monster:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRwcsLIeJ2U
  • edited March 2010
    Hand number: #220213898 Your alias: crw Tournament name / cash table number: Double Your Money Date and time: 18:27 03/01/2010 A description of what happened and why you would like us to play your hand: I think i was on the SB with A 8 Suited clubs everyone had folded up to me except the button or one under who just called. So on my turn i decided to raise by 3 big blinds (i looked at my position before but decided that because the other players just called and were playing quite tight previously i maybe been able to take it). I believe then that the big blind  folded and the caller from the button/1under snap called. This alerted me straight away. The flop came : 7c , Ac , 9h. I decided to place a bet around 1/2 the pot even tho i missed the flush and only hit a ace pair with a mid kicker. i decided to do this because i was the intial raiser before even tho i was alerted by this player for the snap call. Not long into the players turn he pushs all in. I had a think about how this person played this hand and how they previously played hands and i decided to fold. I think i lost about 1200 chips of  some 3000 odd. The reason i folded the hand was i believe the player had a Ace with higer kicker or even a ace and another pair. I think the had this hand because they quickly chucked it all in and i had quite a decent reputaion on the table. when they did the snap call pre flop i thought they probs had top connectors as if it was a high ace i would have thought they would have reraised but i suppose they could have been baiting me in. Anyway the reason id like you to have a look at this hand is because i would like to know how you think i played, what improvement i could have made, if i made a good fold, to see what the other player actually had and maybe it might be a good demostration of aces with not the best kicker. There is a couple of things id like to say sorry for. 1 the presentation of my post (i dont post alot) and 2 if i got any of the details wrong from the hand. thanks for looking and considering. may send it as an email coz i really am curious on this hand
    Posted by Crw
    CRW's Laydown:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQfXSpF2U3g
  • edited March 2010
    I think _urjoking_ emailed in this hand:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLaQ5jdCR-s

email hands to skyopen@bskyb.com
  • edited March 2010
    allias - donkeyplop hand number -  220544294 date/time -  04/01/10  @20:15 5.5k bounty hunter had kk so raised pre flop. got called by one guy. on the flop i raised again got raised 400. He had large chip stack so i thought he was bluffing! went all in, he called and he had aces and wiped me out!!! Would really like to know if i should of played this differant?? cheers
    Posted by donkeyplop
    Donkeyplop's hand:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK9Gf4i-43M
  • edited March 2010
    Hi there could you play this hand from my DYM???, I do realize my pre flop raise was too small as I did not want multiple callers but I was distracted at the time, then sure enough the flop looked horrible, my question is did I make a good fold here I put the other player on a OE or flush draw as he bet out 1k, I had enough chips to get the win as did he that makes me think he could have flopped a straight, all in all I figured it was not worth the risk at that point of the stt!     Alias "CardGenius"   hand number:  230580008 session 416028099
    Posted by CardGenius
    Tikay's turn to analyse some hands:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaQ_J5BcVtM
  • edited March 2010
    #231020939 Open Satellite 5th February 2010 Roughly 17.40pm Felt I had a strong read on my opponent and played them off the hand with the correct play even though I was behind due to my missed straight draw.
    Posted by Ads2kuk
    Hand here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqYcurh_Ho0
  • edited March 2010
    230693735 Turnbull13 Master Cash 6 05/02/10 - 7.40pm Had pocket 8's, flopped a ser? did i play the hand correctly? could I have taken more cash?
    Posted by turnbull13
    Tikay again:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKzZIwbi0qU
  • edited March 2010
    230878363 hurst05 master cash 9 about 3.30am i have q-k and get a very good read on my oppo and get him to fold with a bluff on the last 2 streets in a pot around £90 230879637 same table around same time another IMO good read on my oppo, faced a very strong re-raise on scary board but managed to put in a large re-re-raise to get him to fold
    Posted by hurst05
    Tikay, the pro's pro, at it again:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho92Pg3lJug
  • edited March 2010
    Eagle 26 played these hands in a recent Primo - James is back for the analysis:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_quwqGdaFbU
  • edited March 2010
    #231020939 Open Satellite 5th February 2010 Roughly 17.40pm Felt I had a strong read on my opponent and played them off the hand with the correct play even though I was behind due to my missed straight draw.
    Posted by Ads2kuk
    Ads2kuk again:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCe_QzThVS4
  • edited March 2010
    alias jasond1207  hand number 231458592  £15k primo the hand was played @21:19 was this a good fold
    Posted by JASOND1207
    Jason's Hand:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_YhzatUFuE
  • edited March 2010

Apologies to some of the chaps who posted on page 8 - we did shoot the hands but they've already been deleted from our system! Post again with new hands and we'll make sure they get done in the coming weeks...

Enjoy!

• edited March 2010
    Hand History #241144251 (22:40 11/03/2010)
    1k gtd, (1.7k PP) - 360 runners.
    Standard raise from the button, called. Then the weak donk bet from villain, must be punished. The flat call on the flop screams flush draw! However, he leads again very weak on the turn......Stack sizes mean fold or shove here. I was very very very tempted to shove as I believe he has a flush draw, maybe TJ, TQ suited......
    Decided to fold as I have a playable stack still - but my instincts told me to shove here!!! Soooooo wanna know the guys hand......I know I couldnt get him off the draw - but was I ahead????
    I went on to finish the tourny in 2nd place - survival I guess, is key.
    Username - DOHHHHHHH
  • edited March 2010

Alias name: The_don90

Hand id:  #241526918

Reason why: I think the odds of hitting a royal flush with 10 9 suited for a 6 card straight flush/royal flush must be sky high.

Time and date: about 30 mins ago today

Tournament: £40 Garenteed

• edited March 2010
    What's the odds on splitting with pocket aces after hitting a set on the flop?

mastercash #241863907
    pocket AA raised
    re-raised by pockt JJ
    I'm all-in
    called by JJ
    hit set AAA on flop
    The pot was split 12345
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Play My Hand requests..... : Hand Number: 227129540 Alias: Deadluck Cash Table: Coventry Date/Time: 25Jan ~ 1.00am Description: Playing against a maniac (sazer) who plays it passively until the river where I hit my card that I need to make the flush but pairs the board. He Shoves his £8 stack into a pot of around £2.50 and I am forced to fold my flush with 3 hearts on the board. Disciplined fold or outplayed?
    Posted by Deadluck
    you mean i cant see my hand played out? :(
  • edited March 2010
    Steve Mackenzie (for Manchester City in 1981) and Lawrie Sanchez (for Wimbledon in 1988).
  • edited March 2010
    hi guys wanted your opinion advice comments etc on the following hand. id no241946588 which was played on 25p 50p cash table on sunday 14 march at about 6pm. personally i think my only mistake was calling stoneface initial raise with only an average hand. however once flop came down i dont think i did much wrong. i had him on a big ace or king which was right and dont believe i showed any weakness so how could he make the call on the river i know had the roles been reversed i would have had to fold. he had only just come to table and we have no previous history. would love it if you could show this hand and explain how somebody can make this call. any comments criticisms etc will be gratefully taken on board. many thanks neil purcell. aka callanie.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Play My Hand requests.....how did he call that:
    hi guys wanted your opinion advice comments etc on the following hand. id no241946588 which was played on 25p 50p cash table on sunday 14 march at about 6pm. personally i think my only mistake was calling stoneface initial raise with only an average hand. however once flop came down i dont think i did much wrong. i had him on a big ace or king which was right and dont believe i showed any weakness so how could he make the call on the river i know had the roles been reversed i would have had to fold. he had only just come to table and we have no previous history. would love it if you could show this hand and explain how somebody can make this call. any comments criticisms etc will be gratefully taken on board. many thanks neil purcell. aka callanie.
    Posted by CALLANIE
    We do have history, and Im not going to tell you why I called. Wasnt a bad bluff though. Just against the wrong person. I cant fold paper!!
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Play My Hand requests..... : you mean i cant see my hand played out? :(
    Posted by Deadluck
    Apologies Deadluck - we did record your hand but we had a few issues with converting several of them. Please feel free to post more and i guarantee we'll show them : )

Cheers,
  • edited March 2010
    Hand id 242232801 19.08 0.15-0.30 cash table LEGNICA  In this hand I lost all my chips/money to INCHESEAA.  Could l have played the hand any diffrently? Or was it just fate the l was going to lose all my chips on this hand. Please give your thoughts you might have on this hand.
  • edited March 2010
    hi there would just like your input as to whether or not i played this hand right? and HOW COULD HE MAKE THIS CALL LOL.
    as a relatively new player to the site an opinion would be greatly appreciated
    thanks in advance.
    200 quid gtd speed
    played 0n 2010-03-16
    id no. 242529494
    again many thanks
  • edited March 2010

Listen up!

FOUR "Play My Hand" Requests were recorded yesterday, two by James Hartyigan, & two by myself, & they will start appearing on the Channel from tonight (Thursday).

The four hands featured......

RED KING

AdamW

4Jacks

Willhelm

Enjoy!
  • edited March 2010
    Hand I.D:  243066506
    Alias: Mickjenn1

12k Bounter Hunter:

Please can you show this hand..... 

Mickjenn1 raise to 80 with Kc Qd, got 4 callers.

Flop comes Ac, 3c, 4c, turn Qc, river 2c

The villain calls down with 5c to hit gutshot straight flush!

PLEASE SHOW :D

• edited March 2010
    Listen up! FOUR "Play My Hand" Requests were recorded yesterday, two by James Hartyigan, & two by myself, & they will start appearing on the Channel from tonight (Thursday). The four hands featured...... RED KING AdamW 4Jacks Willhelm Enjoy!
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tikay,
    Watched my hands back tonight, James didn't clarify my question on the first hand,
    although I was ahead pre-flop, hit trips on the turn, then rivered a house.
    My concern was after the flop, I was last (3rd) to act, after a big bet then a shove all-in.
    First bet I'm thinking top pair(10s) + top kicker or a higher pair, the all-in is trips from limped-in small pair.

Is calling the turn with AA after a big bet and all-in on a dry flop by two limpers, good long term strategy?
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Play My Hand requests..... : Hi Tikay, Watched my hands back tonight, James didn't clarify my question on the first hand, although I was ahead pre-flop, hit trips on the turn, then rivered a house. My concern was after the flop, I was last (3rd) to act, after a big bet then a shove all-in. First bet I'm thinking top pair(10s) + top kicker or a higher pair, the all-in is trips from limped-in small pair. Is calling the turn with AA after a big bet and all-in on a dry flop by two limpers, good long term strategy?
    Posted by Red_King
    Hi Red_King,

Apologies if you feel I didn't answer your question.  I did say in the segment that it's tough to analyse a micro-stakes NLHE game where everyone's short stacked, but I did my best :-)

In this particular hand, I don't remember the guy with QT making a "big bet" on the flop.  I think he led out for roughly 3/4 of the pot?  So, pretty standard.  And, if memory serves me correctly, the player who went all-in (with 77) was super short-stacked - and shoved for roughly 14bbs?  In my opinion, in this particular situation, with an over-pair to the board, this is an easy decision - insta-call (or insta-shove, if you want to freeze out the QT merchant)!

As far as "long term strategy" is concerned, bet sizes, stack sizes, opponent's style/range etc. are all significant factors.  Poker is situational, so it's impossible to say 'always call' or 'always fold'.

James.

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Play My Hand requests..... : Hi Red_King, Apologies if you feel I didn't answer your question.  I did say in the segment that it's tough to analyse a micro-stakes NLHE game where everyone's short stacked, but I did my best :-) In this particular hand, I don't remember the guy with QT making a "big bet" on the flop.  I think he led out for roughly 3/4 of the pot?  So, pretty standard.  And, if memory serves me correctly, the player who went all-in (with 77) was super short-stacked - and shoved for roughly 14bbs?  In my opinion, in this particular situation, with an over-pair to the board, this is an easy decision - insta-call (or insta-shove, if you want to freeze out the QT merchant)! As far as "long term strategy" is concerned, bet sizes, stack sizes, opponent's style/range etc. are all significant factors.  Poker is situational, so it's impossible to say 'always call' or 'always fold'. James.
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    Sorry James,
    The way I read it, I've got P1 covered with possible T,(A), but with P2 shoving with possible set,
    I've only got one out to catch P2 up? I'm calling to keep P1 in the side pot.
    I just thought I got lucky with the A on the turn, which I thought was the only one left in the deck.
  • edited March 2010
    Hi guys I posted a hand this thread few entries up.... can you please let me know when it will be shown? Thanks