You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£40 to £1040 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm £1,069.18)...FINISHED

1333435363739»

Comments

• edited September 2012
    Hi Dev,

Opted to post in your other thread, just to say here that graph is sick, teach me please :-)

Well done mate,

JC
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1040 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm £1,069.18)...FINISHED:
    Hi Dev, Opted to post in your other thread, just to say here that graph is sick, teach me please :-) Well done mate, JC
    Posted by JohnConnor
    ty jc

yes,not to shabby is it.

got a question m8,if you don't mind answering it,should you see it,obviously

beginning of August and i don't know why,everything suddenly just changed and dramatically so.
    i started winning & i was happy of course and thought nothing of it.
    but it just carried on day after day session after session and has done ever since.
    am i just running hot?it's been 7 weeks now and shows little if any signs of slowing down
    last night is a perfect example,i only needed to win £17 or so to make my target,and i ended up winning £45.
    now obviously i'm not complaining but this surely isn't normal.
    i do realise of course,that i am only playing the £3 level,is this significant ,do you think?
    have you ever gone on runs like this yourself?

thanks in advance for any advice m8.
    :)
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    congratulations m8
    very impressive
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1040 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm £1,069.18)...FINISHED:
    congratulations m8 very impressive
    Posted by walesboy
    ty m8
    appreciated
    dev
  • edited September 2012
  • edited September 2012
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1040 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm £1,069.18)...FINISHED : ty jc yes,not to shabby is it. got a question m8,if you don't mind answering it,should you see it,obviously beginning of August and i don't know why,everything suddenly just changed and dramatically so. i started winning & i was happy of course and thought nothing of it. but it just carried on day after day session after session and has done ever since. am i just running hot?it's been 7 weeks now and shows little if any signs of slowing down last night is a perfect example,i only needed to win £17 or so to make my target,and i ended up winning £45. now obviously i'm not complaining but this surely isn't normal. i do realise of course,that i am only playing the £3 level,is this significant ,do you think? have you ever gone on runs like this yourself? thanks in advance for any advice m8. :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Hi dev,

Don't mind offering my thoughts at all mate. Just on my way out actually and might not be back on until Sunday tbh so might not be as good I'd like (apologies for that) but here goes mate:

I'm looking at the graph photo Gary has posted for you as I'm not a SS subscriber myself. It would be helpful if I could pinpoint the beginning of August, I'm guessing (kind of assuming) it's around the 4k games mark. If that's the case then I see what you're referring to. Looking at it, after that point, there is actually a trough there which must equate to something like an 800 game break even period (again, apologies I can't be more accurate). Then theres the final incline, which definitely looks like a heater, tbh, it's so steep and pretty :-).

With the inane babble above, what I'm trying to get at, mate, is this. Yes, maybe it's a heater, 7 weeks is definitely a good long time to feel like that and you wouldn't normally expect runs asgood. BUT, I definitely don't think you should take that as a negative thing and say, 'oh, I was on a heater'. Look at all the little downswings that have happened in the period and take pride in the fact that you didn't even notice them because were you were confident in your game and that you were heading in the right direction. The graph overall is certainly a very solid winning one and I should be very proud of that.

As an aside, really, I suspect that while you are feeling this good your game feels great and you are seeing the action somewhat like the matrix. This can only have helped your results, obviously. This is a great time to take advantage of that as that feeling comes by fairly rarely (I find).

With regards myself I remember very very vividly one 6 week heater and one 7 week down swing. I also know that there has been one further 6 week heater and one further 6 week down swing that I don't remember as vividly. These are the longest 'swings' I have perceived by far in my 3 years or so playing. I'm on the back of the 7 week down swing now and it's clearly visibly as the long flat line at the end of my graph. The 6 week heater was around Dec '10 - Jan '11. It's also clearly visible on my graph and was pretty unbelievable at the time, especially as I think I was moving up in stakes at the time as the well, as I just went with the rush. If 1267 sees this, I think he may be able to confirm what an unbelievable heater this was as he seemed to be on the wrong end of my beats a fair bit (sorry about that mate if it's never been said).

I think a really good, really simple, practical tip for those who struggle to cope with variance is to just stop and take a look around while they are in such heaters ( I did in both mine). Just look around, acknowledge how long you've run good for. Then it seems somewhat silly to complain about a bad week, fortnight etc.

Anyway, hope you can pick the bones out of that mate :-)

JC
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1040 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm £1,069.18)...FINISHED : Hi dev, Don't mind offering my thoughts at all mate. Just on my way out actually and might not be back on until Sunday tbh so might not be as good I'd like (apologies for that) but here goes mate: I'm looking at the graph photo Gary has posted for you as I'm not a SS subscriber myself. It would be helpful if I could pinpoint the beginning of August, I'm guessing (kind of assuming) it's around the 4k games mark. If that's the case then I see what you're referring to. Looking at it, after that point, there is actually a trough there which must equate to something like an 800 game break even period (again, apologies I can't be more accurate). Then theres the final incline, which definitely looks like a heater, tbh, it's so steep and pretty :-). With the inane babble above, what I'm trying to get at, mate, is this. Yes, maybe it's a heater, 7 weeks is definitely a good long time to feel like that and you wouldn't normally expect runs as good. BUT, I definitely don't think you should take that as a negative thing and say, 'oh, I was on a heater'. Look at all the little downswings that have happened in the period and take pride in the fact that you didn't even notice them because were you were confident in your game and that you were heading in the right direction. The graph overall is certainly a very solid winning one and I should be very proud of that. As an aside, really, I suspect that while you are feeling this good your game feels great and you are seeing the action somewhat like the matrix. This can only have helped your results, obviously. This is a great time to take advantage of that as that feeling comes by fairly rarely (I find). With regards myself I remember very very vividly one 6 week heater and one 7 week down swing. I also know that there has been one further 6 week heater and one further 6 week down swing that I don't remember as vividly. These are the longest 'swings' I have perceived by far in my 3 years or so playing. I'm on the back of the 7 week down swing now and it's clearly visibly as the long flat line at the end of my graph. The 6 week heater was around Dec '10 - Jan '11. It's also clearly visible on my graph and was pretty unbelievable at the time, especially as I think I was moving up in stakes at the time as the well, as I just went with the rush. If 1267 sees this, I think he may be able to confirm what an unbelievable heater this was as he seemed to be on the wrong end of my beats a fair bit (sorry about that mate if it's never been said). I think a really good, really simple, practical tip for those who struggle to cope with variance is to just stop and take a look around while they are in such heaters ( I did in both mine). Just look around, acknowledge how long you've run good for. Then it seems somewhat silly to complain about a bad week, fortnight etc. Anyway, hope you can pick the bones out of that mate :-) JC
    Posted by JohnConnor
    thank you JC for the quick response,very much appreciated,
    only just quickly browsed through it,
    so will hopefully understand it more so,later.

"it's been one of those days mate"

so basically,could be just a heater that's lasting 7 weeks and counting.
    hope it last another 7 weeks then.  lol

have a nice w/end away m8, and thanks again.
    dev
  • edited October 2014
    gl bud! i'm going 2 try this aswell mate.

• edited October 2014
    gl bud! i'm going 2 try this aswell mate.
    Posted by somecards1

Erm i think you'll find this was finished 2 years ago.
  • edited October 2014
    Was thinking thats some grind from yesterday lol
  • edited October 2014
    Was thinking thats some grind from yesterday lol
    Posted by Chris_Mc
    Me too...crikey o riley!
  • edited October 2014
    Maybe he'll chat on this one....