You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£40 to £1040 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm £1,069.18)...FINISHED

Comments

• edited September 2012
    Seriously look how far you have come and at £3 max level - good stuff -

you only started this in April, not even done your six months yet !
    Bearing in mind Gary done it in 8 months

don't know about JC

but thats some volume fella - pat yourself on the back - get to £1000 and take a holiday )
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1040 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£867.58):
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1040 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£867.58) : Thanks Pal, Always wondered how other people get so many tables going.The laptop or me wouldn't handle so many tables.Maybe when things get better I can upgrade to a better computer.Seems if I was going to take these dyms seriously I need a better sysyem.Thanks for the reply and run good. Pat
    Posted by day4eire76
    hi again PAT,
    your laptop might not cope with playing more than 6 tables m8,but your brain is a marvellous thing and can cope with an awful lot.
    you deffo need a new pc as i realised i did,and tbh it's the best thing i've ever bought myself,and has paid for itself already.(only bought it this March i think. £580 in total).
    it's like everything i guess,if you want to do something, try and do it well,that's my motto.
    my brother Mark annoys me,he's just got so much talent but he never does anything 100% like he should.
    he could make twice as much as me,if he wanted to.
    anyway,
               "food for thought"
    :)
    dev

• edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1040 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£867.58):
    Seriously look how far you have come and at £3 max level - good stuff - you only started this in April, not even done your six months yet ! Bearing in mind Gary done it in 8 months don't know about JC but thats some volume fella - pat yourself on the back - get to £1000 and take a holiday )
    Posted by rancid
    thanks again,rancid.
    yes,i would pat myself on the back....
    but i've only got short arms.  lol

tbh,and it's easy with hind sight,but if i hadn't played the £5 and obviously that 1 night the £11's,)
    and just concentrated on the £3 level(once my b/roll allowed me to),which i am now doing...
    this challenge would be over now and i'd probably be on to the next one???? lol

as for a  holiday...
    i don't really have them....
    to ****** busy playing poker,aren't i.

no seriously,there's nowhere that i'd really like to go....
    been Cornwall a few times as a kid. 
    got lost around Bournemouth a few years ago and in Bath too.
    lost my car in Bristol once...
    wen't there  to meet this girl that i met on holiday up at 'Sandy Bay' holiday park in Exmouth...
    somehow managed to find her house....
    wish i hadn't, she dumped me.  lol.
    not to mention took me 3 hours trying to find my car,
    would have been nearly as quick walking home  lol.
    i once was going to go 'deep sea fishing' with my brother,dad and his friend,who's boat it was....
    we got as far as the 'clock tower' along Exmouth sea front,about 200 yds or so from where we set off,
    and i was 'sea sick'.
    and it was quite a nice 'calm day'
    so we returned to Exmouth docks,got the 'eggs & bacon' on...and i felt fine then!!!   lol

so,no i just think i'm a home bird,(no nothing like that...)
    and travellings not for me.
    (oh,and as a kid,i used to get 'car sickness' just travelling to Exeter,....about 10 miles!!!   lol)

you gotta laugh,haven't you!!!
    (* *)
       ^
    dev

• edited September 2012
    DAY  138
    sat  15/9/12

won £42.60

b/roll £910.18

c4p  114
    total 1623 = £16.23 to come

ran horribly for the 1st hour or so then got on a roll & wooohoooo...
    into the £900's.
    what a great night,all i have to do now is win another £130 and that's it...game over.

not sure if/how much i'll be playing tomorrow,but i'm sure i'll find an hour or two.
    meeting up with GaryQQQ  tomorrow,so looking forward to that....
    can't believe that he only lives a few hundred yards away from me....small world,isn't it.
    i'm sure we will both have plenty of stories to tell.  lol
    back tomorrow
    dev

• edited September 2012
    Wow. I have been offline a few days and you have moved from 700's to 900's.  Nice going Dev!
  • edited September 2012
    Been lurking Dev. Excellent results, U and gary are inspirational. Keep it up! 
  • edited September 2012
    Delighted for you pal.Finish line in sight.Thanks for all the advice today.Enjoy your drink today.
  • edited September 2012
    Wow!
    this is briliant Ian, sorry I haven't been dropping in to say hello so much of late, I've been a bit pre-occupied with family stuff :(

Really pleased and proud of you :) x
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1040 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£910.18) wooohooo:
    Wow. I have been offline a few days and you have moved from 700's to 900's.  Nice going Dev!
    Posted by stretch83
    ty Nick,
    yes,ran pretty good last few days...
    couldn't have a few more off,could you?
    best wishes,
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1040 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£910.18) wooohooo:
    Been lurking Dev. Excellent results, U and gary are inspirational. Keep it up! 
    Posted by Glenelg
    ty m8,
    it does seem to  get easier week by week,well almost,you know what i mean.
    not to far to go now....
    starting to get a bit excited,as i knew i would.
    just hope i can kick on again today & tomorrow.
    best wishes
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    Delighted for you pal.Finish line in sight.Thanks for all the advice today.Enjoy your drink today.
    Posted by day4eire76
    hi Pat,
    ty m8.
    no worries m8.
    if u do ever decide on getting a new pc,give me a shout,i'll give you all my pc details,just so u can compare.
    be lucky m8
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    small world ! good going )
  • edited September 2012
    Wow! this is briliant Ian, sorry I haven't been dropping in to say hello so much of late, I've been a bit pre-occupied with family stuff :( Really pleased and proud of you :) x
    Posted by yidette9
    hi Lorraine,
    ty m8.
    "thought you'd emigrated,or something"!!!  lol

no worries,i guessed as much tbh.
    it can be tough at times,can't it.
    nice to hear from you,as always.
    "be good"
    (* *)
       ^
    ian x
  • edited September 2012
    DAY 139
    sunday 16/9/12

won £3.30

b/roll £913.48

c4p  57
    total 1680 = £16.80 to come

ran rubbish but fortunately scrapped out a sm w.
    ran my KK into AA and also lost with KK v 22 both all -ins, (not mentioning any names....
    Patwalshh).  lol
    so still happy 2b in the £900's tbh.

probably back laters 4 a small session after meeting up with GaryQQQ for a pint later,which should be nice.
    have a good day all
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    small world ! good going )
    Posted by rancid
     hi rancid,
    yes m8,it is,isn't it.
    glad 2 hear mum's feeling a bit better
    hope you have a good day....
    enjoy the party...lots of jelly & ice cream!!!

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    like your system for bankroll, think I will run with that as well.

MITAndy117
  • edited September 2012
    Hey Dev,
    Nice going son , i've been too busy with the house move and decorating to play much in the last month or so but been reading your posts regularly.

Really impressive stuff.
    Didn't we have a little wager earlier that you would buy the beers when you hit £1000?? lol

Keep it up buddy
    Hopefully i'll get chance to play a bit more soon.

Regards
    Mick
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1040 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£913.48) wooohooo:
    like your system for bankroll, think I will run with that as well. MITAndy117
    Posted by MITANDY117
    hi m8,
    i really can't take the credit for it as i copied it from Johnconnor when he did his DYM challenge,a little while ago.
    it is a very aggressive strategy,and for me anyway,probably to much so for my liking.
    i did manage to keep to it up until i reached the £5 level,but from there on it no longer worked,for me anyway.
    johnconnor was able to carry the plan through though,to a very successfully conclusion.(22 buy-ins each level,i think)
    that's why still to this day, i call him 'the master' and my self 'the apprentise'  lol

gl with it if you decide to 'go with it'
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1040 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£913.48) wooohooo:
    Hey Dev, Nice going son , i've been too busy with the house move and decorating to play much in the last month or so but been reading your posts regularly. Really impressive stuff. Didn't we have a little wager earlier that you would buy the beers when you hit £1000?? lol Keep it up buddy Hopefully i'll get chance to play a bit more soon. Regards Mick
    Posted by VespaPX
    hi Mick,
    ty m8.
    hope the decorating 's going better than your poker 'used to'  lol
    if you can get down to Exmouth sometime buddy,i'll be more than happy getting you that pint that i think did say i would get you once getting to £1000.
    in fact i am meeting up with GaryQQQ very soon for a pint,just waiting for him to phone me now,in fact.
    keep in touch m8,
    and look forward to playing against you again very soon.
    be lucky
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    DAY 139
    sunday

16/912

night off....

just got back from having a pint (&1/2 actually) with GaryQQQ & his partner Lea.
    it was very nice meeting up with them both,with most of the talk being about poker,it was a nice way to spend a Sunday evening,away from my normal 2 poker screens looking back at me.
    with Gary & Lea also being an mtt player, it was interesting to hear their take on things.
    the one thing that struck me was just how competent & knowledgeable Gary was about his poker,and his passion and love of the game was very obvious to me,and the same can be said for Lea too.

i wish them both all the very best of luck.
    anyway, 
                back tomorrow,
    best wishes everone,
    dev

• edited September 2012
    DAY 140
    monday 17/9/12

won £27.90

b/roll £941.38

c4p  111
    total 1791 = £17.91 to come

another nice win,played ok,not perfect by any means.

only another £98.62 to go boys & girls,and it's all over.

back tomorrow
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    Any plans for the 1k ???
  • edited September 2012
    broken 1000 posts - not for £1000

gogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogo
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1040 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£941.38) only £98.62 to go!!!:
    Any plans for the 1k ???
    Posted by ArkhamCity
    no,
    not really m8,
    just wanted to see £1000 looking back at me,and not £40.
    i know i've said it b4,but it's the truth.

i'll just take it 1 day at a time & see where we go from here.
    (* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1040 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£941.38) only £98.62 to go!!!:
    broken 1000 posts - not for £1000 gogogogogogogogogogogogogogogogo
    Posted by rancid
    yes,m8....
    who would have thought it?

nearly £1 per post...not bad is it.

gogogogogo..gone.

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1040 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£941.38) only £98.62 to go!!! : yes,m8.... who would have thought it? nearly £1 per post...not bad is it. gogogogogo..gone. (* *)    ^ dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Excellant effort mate, hope you get there sooner rather than latter :0))
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1040 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£941.38) only £98.62 to go!!! : Excellant effort mate, hope you get there sooner rather than latter :0))
    Posted by Herbie536
    ty Herbie,
    yes,hopefully shouldn't be here very much longer.

question,what's that all about with your picture being sideways?
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    DAY 141
    tuesday  18'9'12

won £35.40

b/roll  £976.78

c4p  126
    total 1917 = £19.17 to come

tbh ran pretty rubbish all night,apart from the finish where i won something like last 6 games from 7.
    so another decent win.the finish line is in my sights now and i'm hoping i can find a bit more stamina from somewhere, and with some run good we are home and dry.
    (* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    welldone dev done well £1000 and 1000 posts :)
  • edited September 2012
    Hey dude, been a while since I checked in here. Really well done and on getting this far! Not far to go...my advice - dont push harder for the line tempting as it may be. :) GL run well.