You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£40 to £1040 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm £1,069.18)...FINISHED

Comments

• edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£793.56):
    Happy Birthday Dev, Many Happy Returns!
    Posted by stretch83
    ty m8,
    enjoyed the little battles we had earlier today,
    even when i ran my 10,10 into your kk.  lol
    i can see your game is improving and  that should help your b/roll to keep on going up.
    i can see you are making some changes already,which is good.keep it going.
    best wishes
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    Happy birthday Dev.  Hope you have a brilliant day.
    Posted by Dagnamit
    ty m8
    just been down the'harbour view cafe' down the sea front,which was nice.
    had  home made quiche chips & beans,& a strawberry milkshake,never to old for 1 are you.
    back grinding for an hour or so later.
    best wishes
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    happy birthday mate, hope you have a great day which reminds me i better phone my sister, its hers today as well
    Posted by TINTIN
    ty tintin,
    lol
    yes,you'll be in the dog house if you don't.  lol
    be lucky.
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    Happy Birthday Dev, Doing great mate

Gary
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£793.56) : ty m8, enjoyed the little battles we had earlier today, even when i ran my 10,10 into your kk.  lol i can see your game is improving and  that should help your b/roll to keep on going up. i can see you are making some changes already,which is good.keep it going. best wishes dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Haha, I enjoyed it too.  The K's were payback for when this happened ;)
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Patchface Small blind  200.00 200.00 900.00
    stretch83 Big blind  400.00 600.00 2095.00
     Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

A_C_E694 Fold     
    devonfish5 All-in  1185.00 1785.00 0.00
    Patchface Fold     
    stretch83 Call  785.00 2570.00 1310.00
    stretch83 Show
    • K
    • K

devonfish5 Show

Flop

• J

Turn

River

devonfish5 Win Three 9s 2570.00  2570.00
    Thanks for kind words, have listened to your advice and have slowly grinded that £30 loss I made the other week.  Glad you are having a good day!!
  • edited September 2012
    Happy Birthday Dev, Doing great mate Gary
    Posted by Largearce
    ty Gary
    yes,getting there now i've stopped messing about playing the £5's.
    best wishes
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£793.56) : Haha, I enjoyed it too.  The K's were payback for when this happened ;) Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance Patchface Small blind   200.00 200.00 900.00 stretch83 Big blind   400.00 600.00 2095.00   Your hole cards K K       A_C_E694 Fold         devonfish5 All-in   1185.00 1785.00 0.00 Patchface Fold         stretch83 Call   785.00 2570.00 1310.00 stretch83 Show K K       devonfish5 Show 9 10       Flop     J 5 9       Turn     9       River     8       devonfish5 Win Three 9s 2570.00   2570.00 Thanks for kind words, have listened to your advice and have slowly grinded that £30 loss I made the other week.  Glad you are having a good day!!
    Posted by stretch83
    hi buddy,
    yes,i remember that hand.
    i was looking to pick up blinds.
    glad to hear you are grinding that money back.
    best wishes
    dev

• edited September 2012
    DAY 132
    sunday 9/9/12
    part 2

lost £27.60

b/roll £765.96

c4p  96
    total 834 = £6.67 to come

not such a happy birthday,poker wise,but the rest of the day was nice.
    still happy with the way i played,so no complaints there.
    got to accept the losses when they come,which is or can be the hardest part to deal with,but if i feel i played ok then it's just the nature of this game that we all play.
    as always i'm only interested in what my b/roll says come c4p day next month.
    back tomorrow
    :)
    dev
    PS;
    just checked my e-mails,haven't been there for a week or more i guess.
    glad that i did as sky poker sent me one saying that as it is my birthday today,if i deposited £20 then they would give me £20 free.so i have just done it.so...

THANK YOU SKY POKER FOR MY BIRTHDAY BONUS £20

so my ammended bankroll is;

b/roll £805.96

(as i have added £20 today to my b/roll i think it only fair now that i finish my challenge once i get to £1,020)
    obviously i will have to include the £20 bonus given to me today in my b/roll as it is there now,hope that's ok.
    well you can't turn down 'free money' can you?

so,to finish....
    not such a bad birthday after all!!!  lol
    night
    (* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    Happy Birthday!

Never thought I'd see the Harbour View Cafe get a mention on this forum lol.
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£765.96):
    Happy Birthday! Never thought I'd see the Harbour View Cafe get a mention on this forum lol.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    hi Gary,
    ty m8.

my dad used to love going in there...bless him.
    be lucky
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    Just readin now m8.Hope you had a gd b'day bud.
    be good
    Paul
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1020* dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£805.96)*due to £20 deposit.:
    Just readin now m8.Hope you had a gd b'day bud. be good Paul
    Posted by bignoise10
    ty Paul,
    yes nice day m8,
    even better getting a surprise £20 birthday bonus from sky,especially after i had just lost £27.
    be lucky
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    DAY 133
    monday
    10/9/12

lost £11.88

b/roll £794.08

c4p  93
    total 927 = £7.42 to come

ran like poo again,but felt i played pretty well again,so at least i know it's varience kicking in and it's not down to me playing poorly.
    building up my c4p slowly and happy just to keep things 'ticking over' for a week or two.
    anyway,back later,
    run good
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    DAY 133
    monday
    10/9/12
    part 2

lost £12.65

b/roll £781.43

c4p  147
    total 1074 = £10.74 to come

another losing session,ran awful again.
    i was about £50 down at 1 point with tables in play mind.i did finish the session well winning the last 3 games.so i'm not that unhappy with the overall result.
    i'm still going to keep on playing as i know this bad run can't last for ever,well let's hope not anyway.
    i know these are key sessions especially when c4p comes around again,so it really is sometimes all about staying focussed on the long term objectives & not allowing yourself to get to down when these sessions come along.
    night all :)
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    Hi Dev, I reckon you'll have hit your target by the end of the month if not sooner.

Hope you've put yourself in for the sit n go champ.  If anyone can do it for the small stakes then its you.

Glad you had a lovely day for your birthday.  Have fun grinding.
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1020* dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£781.43)*due to £20 deposit.:
    Hi Dev, I reckon you'll have hit your target by the end of the month if not sooner. Hope you've put yourself in for the sit n go champ.  If anyone can do it for the small stakes then its you. Glad you had a lovely day for your birthday.  Have fun grinding.
    Posted by Dagnamit
    hi Dagnamit,
    ty m8
    be nice to make it by the end of the month,wouldn't it.
    but i'm struggling atm so i've got my doubts.
    anyway if not this month then hopefully should make it next month.
    yes,i have put my name down for the sit n go champ but only after i played 31 games earlier today,so lost out there.
    tbh i am not really going to go for it as i am still recovering after last months heavy grind,so i don't give myself any chance.
    best wishes buddy
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    Hey Dev, sounds like you had a battle on today, but really great effort to turn a £50 loss into only a £12 loss, and like you said made some good Poker points. 
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1020* dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£781.43)*due to £20 deposit.:
    Hey Dev, sounds like you had a battle on today, but really great effort to turn a £50 loss into only a £12 loss, and like you said made some good Poker points. 
    Posted by stretch83
    ty m8,
    yes,pleased with only losing £12 in the end.
    today's another day,so let's hope for a better result.
    just have to mention how great my m8 from Exmouth Gary QQQ is doing atm,he certainly is running very hot,and congratulations buddy on your win yesterday.
    i think it is almost certain now that Gary is likely to reach his target b4 me & i will be more than happy to buy him that pint when we eventually meet up.well played Gary.
    back laters
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    DAY 134
    tuesday 11/9/12

won £25.85   (INC £0.65 FREEROLL )

B/ROLL £807.28

c4p  108
    total 1182 = £11.82 to come

nice to get back on track with a nice win.
    had the pleasure of Tommy D to play against on a few of my £3 tables.
    i think i played ok & held my own,so happy with that.
    the way i looked at it was he's coming down and playing me at my level,which is not the same as me moving up & playing him at his level.
    anyway,
    nice to get back into the £800's again,just hope i can stay there this time,fingers crossed.  lol
    back tomorrow
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    DAY 134 tuesday 11/9/12 won £25.85   (INC £0.65 FREEROLL ) B/ROLL £807.28 c4p  108 total 1182 = £11.82 to come nice to get back on track with a nice win. had the pleasure of Tommy D to play againston a few of my £3 tables. i think i played ok & held my own,so happy with that. the way i looked at it was he's coming down and playing me at my level,which is not the same as me moving up & playing him at his level. anyway, nice to get back into the £800's again,just hope i can stay there this time,fingers crossed.  lol back tomorrow :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    I had to my right on a 60p dym this morning lol.
  • edited September 2012
    Happy belated Birthday pal.

You can see the finish line in sight now.Run good pal.I have been playing the £5 dyms lately going great guns but had a bad day today.Won't complain as only back from short trip to Finland and played live won which was great so went to Talin in Estonia for a day trip.Run good pal and see you at the £5 tables if you try them again.
  • edited September 2012
    nice grinding - and TommyD pops by. Fresh from his £1,000 win last night!

almost there - gl
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1020* dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£781.43)*due to £20 deposit. : I had to my right on a 60p dym this morning lol.
    Posted by belsibub
    hi belsibub,
    nice!!
    hope you smashed it.  lol
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1040* dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£807.28)*made it the round £1000:
    Happy belated Birthday pal. You can see the finish line in sight now.Run good pal.I have been playing the £5 dyms lately going great guns but had a bad day today.Won't complain as only back from short trip to Finland and played live won which was great so went to Talin in Estonia for a day trip.Run good pal and see you at the £5 tables if you try them again.
    Posted by day4eire76
    hi Pat,
    ty m8.
    yes not to far 2go now buddy,
    still not counting my chickens jusy yet,as you know just how up & down this funny old game can be.
    glad you are doing well @ the £5's,that's more than iv'e done,so far....lol
    nice cash in Finland...must be nice!!!
    yes,i'm sure the temptation to have another crack at the £5's will return once i've got this challenge done & dusted m8.see you then.  lol
    run good
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1040* dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£807.28)*made it the round £1000:
    nice grinding - and TommyD pops by. Fresh from his £1,000 win last night! almost there - gl
    Posted by GELDY
    hi GELDY
    ty m8
    yes,certainly an experience sharing a few tables with the great man.
    but once i'd got my 1st hand against him out the way it was just like playing the mere mortals i usually play with.  lol
    congratulations to Tommy on his win last night btw.
    best wishes
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    DAY 135
    wed 12/9/12

lost £0.90

b/roll £806.38

c4p  159
    total 1341 = £13.41

ran rubbish again but managed to win last 3 games again so happy only losing 90p.

just want to finish by saying;

WELL PLAYED TO GARYQQQ ON REACHING YOUR £1051 TARGET....A GREAT ACHIEVEMENT

see you down the pub for that well earned pint,very soon!!!

dev
  • edited September 2012
    dev a question when u get to ya 1k then what a 1 k heads up against redmond lee lol on a serious note once u have acheived this goal which i am sure u will do easily now then what withdraw most or keep ya roll on there set a new challenge ?
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1040* dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£806.38:
    dev a question when u get to ya 1k then what a 1 k heads up against redmond lee lol on a serious note once u have acheived this goal which i am sure u will do easily now then what withdraw most or keep ya roll on there set a new challenge ?
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    HI STEVE,
    i'm not to sure what i'll be doing nxt m8...
    it deffo WON'T be a h/u with Redmond though   lol
    "i might be silly....    but i 'ain't that silly  lol

could be here for a little while yet so i've got plenty of time to think about it,i guess.
    probably just carry on trying to build my b/roll i guess,and have another go playing the £5's......maybe?  lol
    cheers 4 now buddy.
    "be lucky"
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    cool m8 good luck whatever u decide to do and dnt blow ya roll like what i did lol 
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1040 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£806.38:
    cool m8 good luck whatever u decide to do and dnt blow ya roll like what i did lol 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    ty buddy,
    no i won't mate,no worries.
    dev