You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£40 to £1040 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm £1,069.18)...FINISHED

Comments

• edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£662.20):
    MONDAY 27/8/12 part 2... lost £26.10 b/roll £636.10 c4p  231 total 4443 = £79.97 to come another losing session,didn,t run well also only played average i would say,so i was never going to win tonight. still only £20 down on the day,so no worries. still happy with c4p this month and i can't grumble even after a few recent losing sessions as i am still up this month with c4p still to be added on. back tomorrow, night all. :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Amazing stuff Dev, you are going to have some awesome c4p this month.

Quick question, do you play any other formats of the game along with playing DYMs? I have been trying to play Cash at the same time and am struggling to make the transition.
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£662.20) : Amazing stuff Dev, you are going to have some awesome c4p this month. Quick question, do you play any other formats of the game along with playing DYMs? I have been trying to play Cash at the same time and am struggling to make the transition.
    Posted by stretch83
    hi stretch
    ty m8,
    yes,not to long now untill another month will be over,& those lovely c4p come around again,especially with it being worth about 10% more this month.
    i am only playing dym at the moment but i did start off playing cash when i 1st started playing on-line about 2&1/2 yrs ago now.i wasn't very successful at it but again i worked my way up to playing 10/12 tables and managed to break even with my play & made a few pounds from c4p.
    i actually prefer dym i think,as i guess it is my most profitable by far but i do dabble playing nl4 when the mood takes me,but it's not very often & not at all atm.
    i guess if you are playing the 2 together cash & dym you could find it confusing and i would suggest playing one or the other say for a week or so and see how you go.
    you could set yourself a little competition between the two and see which 1 wins.
    i might give cash another bash after i complete my dym challenge a, just for a change & b,to see if i can win anything.
    failing that i'll just carry on grinding dym's.
    good luck buddy
    :)
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£662.20) : hi stretch ty m8, yes,not to long now untill another month will be over,& those lovely c4p come around again,especially with it being worth about 10% more this month. i am only playing dym at the moment but i did start off playing cash when i 1st started playing on-line about 2&1/2 yrs ago now.i wasn't very successful at it but again i worked my way up to playing 10/12 tables and managed to break even with my play & made a few pounds from c4p. i actually prefer dym i think,as i guess it is my most profitable by far but i do dabble playing nl4 when the mood takes me,but it's not very often & not at all atm. i guess if you are playing the 2 together cash & dym you could find it confusing and i would suggest playing one or the other say for a week or so and see how you go. you could set yourself a little competition between the two and see which 1 wins. i might give cash another bash after i complete my dym challenge a, just for a change & b,to see if i can win anything. failing that i'll just carry on grinding dym's. good luck buddy :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5

Thanks for the response Dev.  Think I am going to stick to DYMs as made about £10 profit this afternoon, openend up two cash tables and donked off £8 in a matter of minutes lol.  

• edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£662.20) : Thanks for the response Dev.  Think I am going to stick to DYMs as made about £10 profit this afternoon, openend up two cash tables and donked off £8 in a matter of minutes lol.  
    Posted by stretch83
    hi m8,
    tbh i think you are probably right playing dym as it is basically clear cut,you either finish in top 3 or you don't.also everything is a fixed ammount for each game so you always know exactly how much you can win or lose.
    cash can be so much more up & down,saying that you can still lose a fair ammount playing dym if things don't go your way.
    what level are you playing & how many tables?,if you don't mind me asking.
    anyway,
    gl buddy
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    DAY 120
    tuesday  28/8/12

won £3.60

b/roll £639.70

c4p  144
    total 4587 = £82.57 to come

good golly miss molly...a win  ok, not much.
    had the pleasure of John Connor & JingleMa both on my tables tonight,well for a few games anyway,which was nice.
    always good to play with the 'big boys'. must have been looking for some easy money.  lol
    anyway,
    another session over.just over 400 c4p needed to reach my 5000 pts target,which i should make with 3 sessions at least still to come.
    back tomorrow.
    gl all
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    DAY  121
    wed  29/8/12
    part 1

lost £39.10

b/roll £600.60

c4p 83
    total 4667 = £84.00 to come

day off work...raining,just like winter out there today.
    another losing session.not enough £3 tables for me so played some £5's.
    ran really horrible again so tbh could have been a whole lot worse.
    think i must have been on bubble 8/10 times all-in with villain dominated & lost every one.
    yes i know you forget all the other times when you win but come on.... dominated.
    just can't win at this level atm so another attempt has failed.
    still,i'm not the kind a guy that gives in easily,so i'm sure i will be back there again...
    so look out 4me boys...mentioning no names.

i'm still doing ok though & with c4p just around the corner,i am still more than happy with this months results....
    so far!!!
    be lucky
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    little blip, nice cap )

played half my volume this month, missing my cap this month :S
  • edited August 2012
    hi rancid,
    yes m8 you do get used to c4p topping up your b/roll each month,don't you.
    are you enjoying your poker more by playing less?
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    yeah by playing less I am enjoying it more

found a nice little corner in cash so just plod away trying to get some spending money for whatever

just nice to have a recrational sideline where you can win money )

Probably see where I am at the end of the year and see if maybe I will step up properly or just withdraw for xmas holiday

have fun

• edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£600.60):
    yeah by playing less I am enjoying it more found a nice little corner in cash so just plod away trying to get some spending money for whatever just nice to have a recrational sideline where you can win money ) Probably see where I am at the end of the year and see if maybe I will step up properly or just withdraw for xmas holiday have fun
    Posted by rancid
    hi again m8,
    glad you are enjoying it more by playing less.
    not sure how things will pan out 4me.
    obviously playing plenty atm with my challenge running.
    not sure what i will be doing once it's over.still looks as though this will be running for a month or 3 yet.
    play it by ear i guess.be nice to get up to the £5 level but maybe that's for the future & not right now?
    still enjoying the challenge though,guess i'll miss it once it's finally over.
    be lucky
    dev

• edited August 2012
    Just wanna say what an excellent grind.

This thread and GaryQQQs are perfect examples to show to players at how good BRM and hard work can pay off!

Well done and GL at hitting the 1k mark soon!
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£600.60):
    Just wanna say what an excellent grind. This thread and GaryQQQs are perfect examples to show to players at how good BRM and hard work can pay off! Well done and GL at hitting the 1k mark soon!
    Posted by scotty77
    thank you Ryan,
    can i just say how great i think you are on your hand analysis on sky poker.
    you always make it simple to follow and easy to understand, just brilliant.
    oh,and you are just so laid back it's untrue.
    congrats on your Vegas cash too.
    keep up the good work m8.
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    DAY  121
    wed  29/8/12
    part 2

won £7.20

b/roll £607.80

c4p  96
    total 4763 = £85.73 to come * (should have another 70 c4p added on from this afternoon at some point
                                                   due to an error.......fingers crossed.)

back playing £3's again tonight,still ran really bad...again,so happy woth the small w.
    back tomorrow
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£639.70):
    DAY  121 wed  29/8/12 part 1 lost £39.10 b/roll £600.60 c4p 83 total 4667 = £84.00 to come day off work...raining,just like winter out there today. another losing session.not enough £3 tables for me so played some £5's. ran really horrible again so tbh could have been a whole lot worse. think i must have been on bubble 8/10 times all-in with villain dominated & lost every one. yes i know you forget all the other times when you win but come on.... dominated. just can't win at this level atm so another attempt has failed. still,i'm not the kind a guy that gives in easily,so i'm sure i will be back there again... so look out 4me boys...mentioning no names. i'm still doing ok though & with c4p just around the corner,i am still more than happy with this months results.... so far!!! be lucky :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Hi Dev,

Yep - Poker'z a bee-yatch!

Don't worry, I've had a horrendous couple of days this week too.

I lost connection & abt £150 on Sat.

Then I had the worst session of my life on Bank Hol Mon.

As Sky are giving us a little extra for our C4P's this month, I thought it would be a good idea to join the 'bigger boys' on the £30, £50 & £80 DYM's. Bosh - I ran like a dog with malaria & blew another £700 - a whole month's grinding down the pan, just like that.

The truth is, I'm not good enough to multi-table @ those levels, so was getting exploited by the better players -on top of losing my flips & dominating races.

The moral of this story is - you might see a lot more of me on your tables next month!

Run good bud,

Jingle.
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£639.70) : Hi Dev, Yep - Poker'z a bee-yatch! Don't worry, I've had a horrendous couple of days this week too. I lost connection & abt £150 on Sat. Then I had the worst session of my life on Bank Hol Mon. As Sky are giving us a little extra for our C4P's this month, I thought it would be a good idea to join the 'bigger boys' on the £30, £50 & £80 DYM's. Bosh - I ran like a dog with malaria & blew another £700 - a whole month's grinding down the pan, just like that. The truth is, I'm not good enough to multi-table @ those levels, so was getting exploited by the better players -on top of losing my flips & dominating races. The moral of this story is - you might see a lot more of me on your tables next month! Run good bud, Jingle.
    Posted by JingleMa
    hi Jingle,
    sorry to hear about your losses m8,kinda puts mine into perspective.
    it's tough moving up levels isn't it.as i well know myself.
    i guess there must be a reason why we lose but i've no idea what it is.
    i'm guessing it is simply down to it being that little bit more aggressive than the levels we normally play at.
    also,it does seem to me that if you do lose those important 50/50's & then u r chasing & then that gets you into trouble.
    anyway,
    as i always say,'it's only money' &  money won at that.so it's by no means the end of the world.
    i'm sure you will grind it back,so see you soon m8.
    'be lucky'
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£639.70) : hi Jingle, sorry to hear about your losses m8,kinda puts mine into perspective. it's tough moving up levels isn't it.as i well know myself. i guess there must be a reason why we lose but i've no idea what it is. i'm guessing it is simply down to it being that little bit more aggressive than the levels we normally play at. also,it does seem to me that if you do lose those important 50/50's & then u r chasing & then that gets you into trouble. anyway, as i always say,'it's only money' &  money won at that.so it's by no means the end of the world. i'm sure you will grind it back,so see you soon m8. 'be lucky' dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    No worries blud, I'll still break even this month due to c4p's - cud hav been so much beta though...

You're doing great, so just keep going!
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£639.70) : No worries blud, I'll still break even this month due to c4p's - cud hav been so much beta though... You're doing great, so just keep going!
    Posted by JingleMa
    hi Jingle
    ty m8
    keep grinding
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    DAY 122
    thurs  30/8/12

lost £12.30

b/roll 595.50

c4p  4874 = £87.73 to come

c4p not clocking up correctly,have spoken to customer adviser and been told that they are aware there is a problem, and hopefully will sort it asap.
    i make my c4p total;

5089 = £101.78 to come. but let's see what figure sky come up with!!!

ran rubbish yet again.
    disappointed dropping back into the £500's again,but not much i can do about that.
    anyway,last day of the month tomorrow so at least i know that c4p is just waiting around the corner for me.
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    Last day of the month, no doubt I will see you grinding the 3.30's today.  Hope we both run like god.  Good luck
  • edited August 2012
    Hi Dev,

Thought I should post as I'm a frequent reader of this diary for a source of inspiration and drive to keep me going myself.
    Like yourself I primarily play DYM games although much less volume, and most of that is at the £3.30 level, however likewise I have taken a few shots at the £5.50 level and haven't managed to crack it yet but will keep peservering, my recent MTT cashes have given me a few more shots :D

Anyway keep plugging away and you'll be back in the £600s again in no time! GL
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£595.50):
    Last day of the month, no doubt I will see you grinding the 3.30's today.  Hope we both run like god.  Good luck
    Posted by stretch83
    hi m8,
    see you soon
    gl buddy
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£595.50):
    Hi Dev, Thought I should post as I'm a frequent reader of this diary for a source of inspiration and drive to keep me going myself. Like yourself I primarily play DYM games although much less volume, and most of that is at the £3.30 level, however likewise I have taken a few shots at the £5.50 level and haven't managed to crack it yet but will keep peservering, my recent MTT cashes have given me a few more shots :D Anyway keep plugging away and you'll be back in the £600s again in no time! GL
    Posted by DeaDFl0P
    hi DeaDFLOP
    ty m8.
    yes,can't work out £5 level but i'm sure it's worth trying as it will pay more dividends in the long run.
    keep going yourself m8.
    best wishes
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    DAY 123
    friday 31/8/12

won £21.90

b/roll £617.40

c4p it says 4946 = £89.03  *c4p is wrong as my points are not being added correctly for each game played.
    funny really,as this is the 1st time i have noticed it and it just so happens to be when sky have introduced the extra 'super c4p' this month....coincidence?

anyway,that aside,nice to get back to winning ways...at last.
    back later
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    Hi Dev,

Good to see you are back on winning ways.

Another question for you if you don't mind.

I am at 3.30 level, I am down about 35 quid over the last few days, which I know is nothing compared to your losing days, and others however I don't think it is varience that is killing me.

Back when I used to play these roughly a year a go with success, the games used to end about level 7.  It is very rare that they finish before level 8 now, and often seem to get to level 9-10 plus.  I am nearly always doing o.k until about level 8, but started to get blinded out pretty quick.  I have gone away and changed my game a bit, identifying who I believe to be the tightest player on the table and shove on them every now and then.  However have found myself shoving earlier and earlier with marginal holdings on the bubble, only to get called with a better hand.

Don't get me wrong, I am thoroughly enjoying every moment however am struggling with this aspect of the game and was wandering if you or anyone else for that matter had any words of wisdom so I can start to beat the 3.30's?

• edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£617.40):
    Hi Dev, Good to see you are back on winning ways. Another question for you if you don't mind. I am at 3.30 level, I am down about 35 quid over the last few days, which I know is nothing compared to your losing days, and others however I don't think it is varience that is killing me. Back when I used to play these roughly a year a go with success, the games used to end about level 7.  It is very rare that they finish before level 8 now, and often seem to get to level 9-10 plus.  I am nearly always doing o.k until about level 8, but started to get blinded out pretty quick.  I have gone away and changed my game a bit, identifying who I believe to be the tightest player on the table and shove on them every now and then.  However have found myself shoving earlier and earlier with marginal holdings on the bubble, only to get called with a better hand. Don't get me wrong, I am thoroughly enjoying every moment however am struggling with this aspect of the game and was wandering if you or anyone else for that matter had any words of wisdom so I can start to beat the 3.30's?
    Posted by stretch83
    hi m8
    am playing atm but will get back 2u after session
    dev
  • edited September 2012
      Hi Dev Sorry about my AA V your KK, but don't it seem when your runnin bad as soon as you get something, and you think to yourself, this will pull me back AND....Well the rest is history. I have played against you a few times and always
    enyoyed. I know for a fact you ani't going all in with 10-2 LOL. which happend to me last night A-J and he rivered a 2....And the rest is history...LOL.
  • edited August 2012
      Hi Dev Sorry about my AA V your KK, but don't it seem when your runnin bad as soon as you get something, and you think to yourself, this will pull me back AND....Well the rest is history. I have played against you a few times and always enyoyed. I know for a facked you ani't going all in with 10-2 LOL. which happend to me last night A-J and he rivered a 2....And the rest is history...LOL.
    Posted by rusty_ring
    hi m8
    no worries buddy
     **** happens
    expect i'll do it you 1 day!!!  lol
    yes,it's all good fun,isn't it.
    at least by playing 12-15 tables i haven't got time to dwell on hands like that when i lose,so in a good way
    i soon get over it,and as i say what goes around usually comes around.
    think just about the only thing that really annoyes me atm anyway, is when i keep on losing like i did the other night,is when i have the villain dominated & they hit their 3 outer,especially on the river.
    still, i know i will win over time but it still annoys me.
    there i feel a little better now i've got that one out the way!!! lol
    gl at the tables m8,well not to good if i'm there,obviously.  lol
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    12-15 TABLES **** me, being 59 i can just about cope with 1. Goin for an eye test next week,LOL.
    New glasses and i might try 1 table plus corrie at the same time...
  • edited August 2012
    Hi Dev, Good to see you are back on winning ways. Another question for you if you don't mind. I am at 3.30 level, I am down about 35 quid over the last few days, which I know is nothing compared to your losing days, and others however I don't think it is varience that is killing me. Back when I used to play these roughly a year a go with success, the games used to end about level 7.  It is very rare that they finish before level 8 now, and often seem to get to level 9-10 plus.  I am nearly always doing o.k until about level 8, but started to get blinded out pretty quick.  I have gone away and changed my game a bit, identifying who I believe to be the tightest player on the table and shove on them every now and then.  However have found myself shoving earlier and earlier with marginal holdings on the bubble, only to get called with a better hand. Don't get me wrong, I am thoroughly enjoying every moment however am struggling with this aspect of the game and was wandering if you or anyone else for that matter had any words of wisdom so I can start to beat the 3.30's?
    Posted by stretch83
    hi again stretch,
    ty m8
    first of all £35 is £35 m8 so i know that it will hurt at least a little.
    how many tables you play makes a massive difference.
    if say i was only playing 6 do you think i would be up by as much as i am?
    no is the answer i'm guessing
    so that would be my 1st starting place i'd look at.
    if you play tight early doors deffo first 2 levels anyway,conserving as many chips as possible then open up a little levels 3 & 4 looking for spots to raise,button is always good.
    think where you could be going wrong is as you say you are shoving with marginal holdings.
    think that is my last resort,if u like,because as u say when you get called by better hands you then need 2 hit.
    you have the whole game to try & find spots to increase your chips and i'm thinking maybe 1 or 2 spots could be passing you by.
    where you are identifying the tight players to shove on is ok but again only works when they aren't holding much.
    you might be better identifying who the weaker loose players are earlier in the game(that's where note taking can help too)and play stronger against them,especially when you have good hands as they will call you down usually quite light.
    also bet sizing is very important,if you are strong & you feel you are well ahead of your opponent/s then you either go big risking losing them or you min bet extracting the max,which i like doing, but of course then you risk them hitting,because going all-in or big,then they are probably going all the way with every chance of hitting their miracle card's,but by betting small then there is always the chance they might fold before showdown.
    another thing i have started doing,is simply taking each month at a time and as long as i have made some profit then i am happy,although it is human nature i guess,to always want more.
    that way when i do get losing sessions,which happen to everyone btw,it doesn't hurt as much.
    anyway,
    don't know if anything there helps m8.
    keep at it & i'm sure if you give it some time,it will suddenly 'all click' as it did for me,i think,earlier this month.
    just wish i could win at the £5 level but as i've found out....it's another level.
    also b/roll management is vital.if you are properly rolled for £3 level,£300-£500 minimum,then you can take those £35 losses,any less then it will start hurting a little.
    i now won't be going to the £5 level again,well properly anyway,until i have that £1000 to play with
    and that would be my minimum.
    you know what they say 'practise makes perfect'
    gl buddy
    dev

• edited September 2012
    12-15 TABLES **** me, being 59 i can just about cope with 1. Goin for an eye test next week,LOL. New glasses and i might try 1 table plus corrie at the same time...
    Posted by rusty_ring
    lol
    i'm 53 m8 week on suday.  lol
    if i can do it...?
    dev
    ps; i used to play 6 tables & watch corrie,but had to turn the tv off once i got to 8/9.  lol