You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£40 to £1040 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm £1,069.18)...FINISHED

Comments

• edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£651.85):
    glad to see its all going smoothly Dev and that your still winning them freeroll mtts :) havnt seen you on a table in soooooooo long been sticking to the mtts so no dym apart from the dym challenge so i may see you when i have another go at that. Keep up all the good work buddy :)
    Posted by Dazler
    hi Daz,
    ty m8.
    good to see that you are back to winning ways again.
    good luck with the DYM challenge.
    i've purposely kept away from it,as i know i would just bottle & take the money & run once up to about £22 or £33.
    be lucky
    :)
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£651.85):
    Railed a few of your DYMs this eve. Picked up a fair few tips from what I saw. Well done on reaching your all time high. :) I saw what you meant about questionable play at that level...
    Posted by mj8bs
    hi mj,
    ty m8,
    does that mean i can expect to be seeing you at the tables sometime?
    yes,it's not overly dificult to win,un-like the £5 level,just need to play tight agressive, play as many tables as possible and the rest is just down to a bit of luck.   lol
    be lucky
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    DAY  114
    wed  22/8/12

won £10.60

b/roll £662.45

c4p  171
    total 3333 = £53.33 to come

not such a good night as last night but a w never the less.
    mouse behaved himself tonight so all good there.
    back tomorrow
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    Hey Dev,

Well played tonight.We had a few tight games.Starting to get back into the swing of things.Played 12 again ran great and won 10.I can only play 4 at a time because of my laptop.Anymore and it gets really laggy.Think £3 level is the best for me.Any less and the rake is a bit too much and any more my br wouldn't handle a few days when the variants catch up with me.

Run good Pal
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£662.45):
    Hey Dev, Well played tonight.We had a few tight games.Starting to get back into the swing of things.Played 12 again ran great and won 10.I can only play 4 at a time because of my laptop.Anymore and it gets really laggy.Think £3 level is the best for me.Any less and the rake is a bit too much and any more my br wouldn't handle a few days when the variants catch up with me. Run good Pal
    Posted by day4eire76
    well done again Pat,
    isn't it nice once you get on a roll,easy game isn't it.
    guessed it was because of laptop.
    keep it up m8
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    Hi dev,

Your steady grinding has put you a few quid back in the lead, I am gonna have to bink a decent score again now. Cant you have a day off & give me a break ??
    Bet the other players on your tables think that all the time  :-)

Keep going m8

Mike

• edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£662.45):
    Hi dev, Your steady grinding has put you a few quid back in the lead, I am gonna have to bink a decent score again now. Cant you have a day off & give me a break ?? Bet the other players on your tables think that all the time  :-) Keep going m8 Mike
    Posted by Woogie8688
    hi Mike,
    no rest 4 the wicked m8.
    tbh i could have 'booked the win' y/day as i was level with my b/roll with 12 tables in play,
    basically if i had & won just 6 of them ,that would have given me a £36 win but i carried on, building my c4p.
    i think this could be a pretty regular occurance that i will be facing,knowing when to stop loading up tables & accepting when to stop playing,thus ensuring the win.
    i guess it will be a judgement call that i will have to make each time it happens but 1 that i'm sure i will enjoy making.
    as i've said as long as i am winning & also enjoying playing,which i am,then i see no reason to take days off,if anything i might play even more sessions.  lol
    gl buddy with building your b/roll,
    should be a fairly close run as to which of us gets to that £1000 target 1st.
    but i'm telling you "i'm not slowing down"   lol
    be lucky
    dev
    ps,
         i had 16 tables running at 1 point y/day....
    think it still might be possible to get to 18.   lol
  • edited August 2012
    DAY  115
    thurs  23/8/12

won £51.05  (another PB)

b/roll £713.50

c4p  156
    total 3489 = £55.82 to come

another highest win record for a single session set again tonight...£51.05
    can't quite believe what's going on atm.
    everything has just clicked into place & suddenly it all seems pretty easy.
    obviously i ran ok but still lost a fair few when ahead.
    could be just running good but whatever,i'm enjoying the ride.
    (* *)
       ^
    dev

• edited August 2012
    Hi Dev,

played a few games with you tonight, and you cashed in all and I bubbled in all so far (still playing, hope my fortune changes soon)  I keep trying to table select to avoid you, but you always register at last minute.  Good luck anyway bud, your blog has inspired me to start these up again nearly a year after  I read JC's post.

See you at the tables.
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£713.50):
    Hi Dev, played a few games with you tonight, and you cashed in all and I bubbled in all so far (still playing, hope my fortune changes soon)  I keep trying to table select to avoid you, but you always register at last minute.  Good luck anyway bud, your blog has inspired me to start these up again nearly a year after  I read JC's post. See you at the tables.
    Posted by stretch83
    hi m8,
    gl buddy.
    hope you follow in my footsteps and build a nice b/roll up.
    just be disciplined with your b/roll and you will be fine.
    don't think you can avoid me as i play on every £3 table going during the evenings anyway.  lol
    be lucky.
    let us know how you get on,how about starting up your own diary?
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    DAY 116
    friday  24/8/12

lost £3.90 this morning
    lost £9.90 tonight
         lost £13.80

b/roll £699.70

c4p  258
    total 3747 = £59.95 to come

ran horrible all day.
    so not that unhappy losing £13.80 tbh.
    just glad that these sessions are far & few between.
    still happy with my game & my overall results for this month especially.
    c4p also well ahead of target for reaching 4000.
    could possibly even reach 5000 if i can stay motivated for another week or so,which i'm sure i will.
    anyway,
    glad today is over & hopefully i will be able to kick on again tomorrow.
    night all
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    DAY 116 friday  24/8/12 lost £3.90 this morning lost £9.90 tonight      lost £13.80 b/roll £699.70 c4p  258 total 3747 = £59.95 to come ran horrible all day. so not that unhappy losing £13.80 tbh. just glad that these sessions are far & few between. still happy with my game & my overall results for this month especially. c4p also well ahead of target for reaching 4000. could possibly even reach 5000 if i can stay motivated for another week or so,which i'm sure i will. anyway, glad today is over & hopefully i will be able to kick on again tomorrow. night all :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    DON'T tap the tank the poker god's will snap you off.
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE:
    THANKS EVIL, been following your ups & downs shall we call it, with interest mate. how exciting it must be 4 you.... now you have some cash 2 play real poker. i,m guessing it,s emotional....lol hope i can join the party... some day. keep going mate.... and remember... "it,s a never ending game" :-) lol devon
    Posted by devonfish5
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£713.50) : DON'T tap the tank the poker god's will snap you off.
    Posted by belsibub
    hi belsibub,
    yes,i'm sorry if i was being a bit flippant.
    i meant that they appear 2b less frequent than they once were.
    anyway,
    at least today shows i'm still human i guess,and not just a money making machine!!!  lol
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    Hey Pal,

Doing great.Few bumps along the way but still going the right way.Played a few games with you tonight.Very solid play unlucky to run into a few strange calls but it is the weekend.Just a couple of questions.
    1 How many games do you get through a night ?
    2 Do you always play in mini view if so how long did it take to get used to ?
    3 Do you set yourself a target of games or points for the night ?

Run good pal.

Don't know if you have seen this recently but player in bb says away when button raises to steal blinds, bb comes back in reraises to take hand down.Happened on a couple of tables tonight.Caused a bit of chat.

Pat
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE:
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev,s DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE :
    Posted by TRIP5
    hi TRIP5

seems along time ago now that i said that.
    i'm not quite at the party yet....
    but i'm knocking on the door.  lol
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£699.70):
    Hey Pal, Doing great.Few bumps along the way but still going the right way.Played a few games with you tonight.Very solid play unlucky to run into a few strange calls but it is the weekend.Just a couple of questions. 1 How many games do you get through a night ? 2 Do you always play in mini view if so how long did it take to get used to ? 3 Do you set yourself a target of games or points for the night ? Run good pal. Don't know if you have seen this recently but player in bb says away when button raises to steal blinds, bb comes back in reraises to take hand down.Happened on a couple of tables tonight.Caused a bit of chat. Pat
    Posted by day4eire76
    hi Pat,
    ty m8,
    as i am only playing £3 atm if you divide my nightly c4p ammount by 3 that will give you the number of games played each session,so tonight my c4p was 258 div by 3 = 86 games played.
    the ammount i play really varies from day 2 day,if i am winning then i might shut down a little earlier than if i am losing for example,like tonight.also alot depends on how i am feeling,some days i can play longer knowing i am building up my c4p and other days i might only play for a 2 or 3 hours or so.
    i usually start between 6-6.30pm and finish somewhere between 9 & 11pm as a rule.
    no i never set out with any set targets in mind for each night,i just play my best to win each session,sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.
    the one thing though i always try to do is finish the session strongly as this limits my losses and maximises my wins.
    also you have to accept that you will get losses so it's not worth getting overly down about it.
    i've learnt the best way of dealing with it is by saying to myself,let's see how things are at the end of the month.
    as long as i give my best every session that's ok,i only get upset with myself when i make silly plays and i try and learn from them and not to do it again.
    but i still do sometimes.
    also i have to take into account the number of tables i'm playing which is still slowly increasing ,starting to play number 16 atm,so as alot of my decisions are instinctive due to the short ammount of time available for each decision, i will make the odd mistake i guess, but as long as i make many more good decisions then it should be profitable long term,i think.

always play in mini-view m8,and pretty much got used to it straight away.
    also takes away the distraction of the chat box.
    yes,
    i have also noticed players being away and then suddenly re-appear and as you say re-raise back.
    i now make a note in players notes for future reference.
    still i guess if they are getting the advantage from it and not their opponents who is to say it's wrong,especially as the other guy is basically trying to get free chips for nothing.
    but i can see that it is a talking point.
    good luck Pat,
    :)dev
  • edited August 2012
    up early...
    had this on my mind.....

if i was to compare my poker atm to boxing(yes,strange i know....
    but go with it)...

how would it be?

for shear agression; MR T; "you can't beat me...i'm the best....i'm the best!!!

for composure; OPOLLO CREED; "the master of disaster...the best of all time...the slickist & the quickest"!!!

for heart & bouncebackability; ROCKY BALBOA; "Adriaaan,we did it..we did it"!!!

for sound advice; ADRIAAAN; "don't do it for John Connor...don't do it coz you have to...do it for you"!!!

for the looks; MICKEEY; obviously...my double. (* *)
                                                                          ^
    LOL
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    Have you started drinking in the mornings! If not gone get some more sleep
    Lol lee

Your starting to make the mission look easy,86 games a nite wow
  • edited August 2012
    Have you started drinking in the mornings! If not gone get some more sleep Lol lee Your starting to make the mission look easy,86 games a nite wow
    Posted by frascati
    hi Lee,
    back again,
    lol
    yes,plenty of cups of tea & orange juice.  lol
    yes,on a roll atm so can't complain.
    i wonder when i will get the 100 games a nite up?
    best wishes m8
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    DAY  117
    sat 25/8/12
    part 1

lost £1.80

b/roll £699.70

c4p  132
    total 3879 = £62.06 to come

ran total garbage
    so just carrying on from y/day then.
    no damage done though so no worries.
    been on a good run though so mustn't complain,or someone's bound to tell me off.  lol
    anyway
    picked a few more c4p so happy about that.
    back tonight.
    dev

• edited August 2012
    day 117
    sat 25/8/12
    part 2

lost £43.50

b/roll £656.20

c4p  210
    total £4089 = £73.60 to come

ok so i probably asked for a session like this to come along and give me a reality check.
    yes,i admit it,i probably was getting a little cocky...lesson learned.
    yes,i ran like poo again but i know it happens to everyone so no worries.
    i actually felt i played pretty well so i think that says just how bad i ran.
    still,i am still almost £350 up so far this month & if someone had offered me that i would most certainly have taken it,so i won't be losing any sleep over it.
    my c4p target is now 5000 pts so if i can achieve that which i know i will,then that's another £100 that will be added on.
    tbh even after tonights session,i am still enjoying this battle with the game & also the never ending battle that goes on inside my mind.
    i'm sure tonight won't be the last time i ever lose again so i'll deal with it,as i have on all the other occasions,and move on.
    i might have just lost a battle...but the war goes on!!!
    43 of my soldiers have fallen tonight but the 656 ramaining will fight on.they will not be forgotten. rip.
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    Hats off to you devfish followed your post from day 1,  you've  just shown  people what hard work and grinding can do well played
  • edited August 2012
    Hats off to you devfish followed your post from day 1,  you've  just shown  people what hard work and grinding can do well played
    Posted by supercrazy
    ty supercrazy
    yes getting there m8,despite tonight's little blip.
    best wishes
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    Variance is a beehatch. Ive taken a break from poker for a week as Im just on the end of too many beats at the moment. Dont panic tho dude, just trust your judgement, it cant have been wrong to get you this far
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£656.20):
    Variance is a beehatch. Ive taken a break from poker for a week as Im just on the end of too many beats at the moment. Dont panic tho dude, just trust your judgement, it cant have been wrong to get you this far
    Posted by mj8bs
    ty mj
    yes,it was quite a brutal tonight tbh but i've had a great run this month so i'm not complaining.
    also,having lost £130 on a previous night not so long ago,which we never talk about,
    losing tonight doesn't really compare,does it.
    anyway,the pain is over & the recovery begins.
    i hope things improve for you buddy,it can be a tough old game sometimes,can't it.
    and remember win or lose it's only money it's not life and death.
    best wishes
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    DAY  118
    sunday
    26/8/12

day off...
    re-charge battery for the week ahead.

DAY  119
    monday
    27/8/12
    part 1

won £6.00

b/roll £662.20

c4p  123
    total 4212 = £75.82 to come

back grinding after the disappointment of sat night.
    didn't run well again but somehow managed to scrape out a w.
    my plan now for the rest of this month is to basically 'hang in there' hopefully remain in the £600's if i can get to £700 great,but it is probably more important not to lose now for the remainder of this month as it has gone brilliant so far.
    that doesn't mean i will be playing any less or any differently,just changing my mind-set a little,that's all.
    well on target for the 5000 c4p i have set myself.
    anyway,
    back later.
    gl all.
    dev

• edited August 2012
    Hi Dev.
    just catching up on your progress after a couple of days away
    and I noticed a minor mistake.

On DAY 117, (part 1) you lost £1.80 but your B/roll didn't decrease from the previous day.

All subsequent days appear to total up from the incorrect amount.
    But I believe you might think you are doing ever so slightly better than you are.

Only a minor thing but I don't want you celebrating too early.

Good luck
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£662.20):
    Hi Dev. just catching up on your progress after a couple of days away and I noticed a minor mistake. On DAY 117, (part 1) you lost £1.80 but your B/roll didn't decrease from the previous day. All subsequent days appear to total up from the incorrect amount. But I believe you might think you are doing ever so slightly better than you are. Only a minor thing but I don't want you celebrating too early. Good luck
    Posted by dragon1964
    hi m8,
    thank you 4 pointing that mistake out to me.
    but i took that ammount off with the evening sessions so my b/roll total is correct.
    best wishes buddy
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    MONDAY 27/8/12
    part 2...

lost £26.10

b/roll £636.10

c4p  231
    total 4443 = £79.97 to come

another losing session,didn,t run well also only played average i would say,so i was never going to win tonight.
    still only £20 down on the day,so no worries.
    still happy with c4p this month and i can't grumble even after a few recent losing sessions as i am still up this month with c4p still to be added on.
    back tomorrow,
    night all.
    dev