You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£40 to £1040 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm £1,069.18)...FINISHED

Comments

• edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev's DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm..£470.65):
     Going well DEv keep it up m8. Gold Medal for DYM grinding for you.
    Posted by pomfrittes
    ty pomfrittes
    lol
    :)
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev's DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm..£470.65):
    Awesome effort Dev, Great to see your bankroll is still growing, but its a mammoth effort your putting in so its no less than you  deserve. Chuffed for you m8 :-)
    Posted by Woogie8688
    ty Mike,
    yes,getting there slow but sure.
    i think getting to £500 will be a nice boost as i will then be 'in the home straight' well not qiute,but u no wot i mean.
    how u getting on,still winning?
    best wishes
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    DAY  100
    wed 8/8/12

"is it really 100 days since i started.....
    feels like 200."  lol

playing 12.30pm freeroll atm.89/138

i've been thinking.....
    yes,dangerous i know.

i am aborting the name 'MISSION IMPOSSIBLE' as it is no longer relevent imo.

my original plan was to try & get from £40 to £1000 asap by using the 20 buy-in rule for each level.
    i did manage to get to level 3 but as hard as i tried i couldn't manage to get any further.
    i did attempt this level a number of times & each time without success.
    also,i have no intentions of trying these levels again atm.

so as far as 'MISSION IMPOSSIBLE' goes,it is over,yes sadly,it has beaten me.

i will continue though 'grinding'my way hopefully up to the £1000 target that i originally set myself,
    playing mainly at the £3 level with the odd £5 games thrown in,possibly?
    i am not sure what i will be playing then?
    probably more dym,may even try the £5's again?
    or simply continue playing £3,depending on how the next few months turn out.

i will continue posting my results each day.
    it is only the name that i am changing the target still remains.

i think i will re-name it simply to' £40 to £1000...dev's DYM  grind'

i would like to thank everyone

for all the great support i have received right from day 1,it really has been most appreciated & has helped me through the low days and helped to take me through to where we are now...
    almost 1/2 way there.
    i hope you will continue with the journey...
    to it's conclusion.
    best wishes
    (* *)
       ^
    dev

ps;
        this tape will now self destruct!!!

• edited August 2012
    DAY  100
    wed 8/8/12

won £13.50

b/roll £484.15 (+£443.44)

c4p  135
    total 932 = £9.32 to come

played better tonight ran pretty rubbish but still happy with the w
    could have easily been £30 or £40 though.

back tomorrow
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    DAY  101
    thurs  9/8/12

won £22.65

b/roll £506.80 (+£466.09)

c4p  114
    total 1046 = £12.54 to come

hooooooray,1/2 way there....
    at last.
    played ok, ran not great 2bh,but another w.
    hope i can push on again from here.
    dev

• edited August 2012
    Remember when £500 seemed a mile away - easy this poker lark )
  • edited August 2012
    DAY  100 wed 8/8/12 "is it really 100 days since i started..... feels like 200."
    Posted by devonfish5
    When the grind starts to burn you out, I know the feeling lol. 

-

Great effort Dev. Most importantly, what do you want to spend the money on once you reach £1,000? The 4 figs will look nice! 
  • edited August 2012
    This is going to be my last post on Sky for a while. Wanted it to go to a good home, and just squeezing into top spot is Dev with his - "I failed my quest - I'll just have to make a £1000 instead thread."

It's been awesome watching your dedication to your quest - and I've every confidence the next £500 will come a lot quicker than the first £500 - even if you don't change the levels you are playing.

good luck m8 - not that you need it

(but I might need some - I've just looked down at my bare feet to see blood poring out of a cut on my right big toe no ideas how it happened, and not p*ssed as far as I know - how hum) 
  • edited August 2012
    well done Dev on hitting the half way mark. Keep up the good work.
  • edited August 2012

Congrats on passing the £500 barrier, it's a great landmark.

However, I'm gonna be pedantic here; you won't be half-way until you reach £520 lol.

• edited August 2012
    well done

predict it will do you half the time to do next leg
  • edited August 2012
    WD on reaching the £500 mark - It does seem ages ago since you started challenge . My brain would be fried by now with all those DYM,s

Keep it up and GL

MP
  • edited August 2012
    gl dev i play dyms a lot at £10 --£16 i hope u succeed ,what makes it hard as u move thru levels u wont know the regs at them levels. i will keep tabs on ur challenge best of luck mate
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£506.80)hoooooray...1/2 way there!!!:
    Remember when £500 seemed a mile away - easy this poker lark )
    Posted by rancid
    ty rancid,
    yes,it's ok atm playing @ £3
    just wish i could do the same @ £5   lol
    especially now i am confortable playing 12+ tables, the extra c4p would be brilliant.
    still,i can dream can't i !!!
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev's DYM...MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (b/roll atm..£470.65) : When the grind starts to burn you out, I know the feeling lol.  - Great effort Dev. Most importantly, what do you want to spend the money on once you reach £1,000? The 4 figs will look nice! 
    Posted by patwalshh
    ty Patwalsh,
    not really thought about the money side really.
    just thought it would be nice to see £1000 staring back at me rather than £40.   lol
    probably leave it in my poker account & carry on grinding.
    always handy knowing it is there should i ever need it for anything.
    cheers m8,
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£506.80)hoooooray...1/2 way there!!!:
    This is going to be my last post on Sky for a while. Wanted it to go to a good home, and just squeezing into top spot is Dev with his - "I failed my quest - I'll just have to make a £1000 instead thread." It's been awesome watching your dedication to your quest - and I've every confidence the next £500 will come a lot quicker than the first £500 - even if you don't change the levels you are playing. good luck m8 - not that you need it (but I might need some - I've just looked down at my bare feet to see blood poring out of a cut on my right big toe no ideas how it happened, and not p*ssed as far as I know - how hum) 
    Posted by GELDY
    ty GELDY,
    hope the toe is better today.
    hope to hear from you again m8.
    best wishes with your poker.
    i know that you play alot higher stakes than i do,& i have appreciated all your contributions.
    good luck.
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    well done Dev on hitting the half way mark. Keep up the good work.
    Posted by clubhammer
    ty clubhammer,
    i'll be doing my best as always.
    thanks buddy
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    Congrats on passing the £500 barrier, it's a great landmark. However, I'm gonna be pedantic here; you won't be half-way until you reach £520 lol.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    ty Gary,
    i just knew someone was going to say that.  lol
    ok nearly 1/2 way then.  lol
    don't want to worry you or anything but....
    i am catching you up!!!  lol
    slow coach.   lol
    best wishes
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    well done predict it will do you half the time to do next leg
    Posted by Jac35
    ty jac,
    yes let's hope so m8.
    going ok atm playing just £3's so fingers crossed
    best wishes
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    WD on reaching the £500 mark - It does seem ages ago since you started challenge . My brain would be fried by now with all those DYM,s Keep it up and GL MP
    Posted by MP33
    ty mp
    will do m8.
    yes 'mind over matter' i guess.
    be lucky
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    gl dev i play dyms a lot at £10 --£16 i hope u succeed ,what makes it hard as u move thru levels u wont know the regs at them levels. i will keep tabs on ur challenge best of luck mate
    Posted by tatohead
    ty tatohead,
    yes  i deffo found out the hard way just how much harder it is playing @ £5 & £11
    will have to do alot more homework b4 i give them another go.
    but happy playing with the little fishies for the time being.  lol
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    DAY 102
    friday  10/8/12

had a virus attack on my pc last night after playing (thank god)  lol
    something about i had to pay the metropolitan police £100 for some sort of illegal downloading or some rubbish.
    any way,i spoke to the police today and was told it was a scam.
    so took pc into my local shop & got it sorted....
    yeah,£50 + another £30 for a years anti-virus protection.
    (so not to happy atm.)
    what a joke....
    all thanks to some ******** trying to rip me off!!!
    anyway,
    up & running again(running..get it..."oh, please yourselves"  lol
    at least i can play tonight ...hopefully.

thank you to everone for the nice posts...
    appreciated.
    laters
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    DAY  102
    fri 10/8/12

won £31.50

b/roll £538.30 (+£497.59)

c4p  135
    total 1181 = £14.17 to come

played ok ran ok...ish.
    another nice w
    deffo over 1/2 way now.   lol
    back tomorrow
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    Delighted for you pal.Keep up the good work.Just a word on your anti virsus don't use mcafee as it uses a huge amount of memory bad for playing poker.If its a pc microsoft essentials free protection is very good.

Pat
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£538.30) deffo 1/2 way there!!!:
    Delighted for you pal.Keep up the good work.Just a word on your anti virsus don't use mcafee as it uses a huge amount of memory bad for playing poker.If its a pc microsoft essentials free protection is very good. Pat
    Posted by day4eire76
    hi Pat
    ty m8,
    yeah,i had windows 7 free protection...
    or so i thought.
    but after my virus attack the man in my local computer shop said that 'these scammers'are getting better at it,
    so the 'free protection'that you get with new pc's isn't always enough.
    so i had a kaspersky 2011 'anti virus' installed which he thought was 1 of the best going.
    anyway,
    let's hope that it does the job,as it wasn't a very pleasent experience.
    in fact...
    he told me that he had even had people come into his shop who had paid these scammers the £100 fee & their computers still did not work after paying,so they also had to pay like i did to have them repaired on top.
    be lucky
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    DAY  103
    sat  11/8/12

won £5.10

b/roll £543.40 (+£502.69)

c4p  39
    total 1220 = £14.64 to come

just a quickie,
    building c4p as it is xtra this month.
    back laters
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    Remember loyalty freeroll tonight at 7pm.Looks like it's manual reg as your name is not there.
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£538.30) deffo 1/2 way there!!!:
    Remember loyalty freeroll tonight at 7pm.Looks like it's manual reg as your name is not there.
    Posted by belsibub
    ty belsibub,
    yes,it's all pencilled in,in my diary,
    ty for reminder though...
    appreciated
    good luck
    dev
    ps;
    registered
  • edited August 2012
    doing well dev keep up the good work pal :)
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1000 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£543.40)...1/2 way there!!!:
    doing well dev keep up the good work pal :)
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    +1

sterling effort m8.....you will be there by the end of the year.

what is ur plan for when you do get there by the way? withdrawing some and treating yourself? pushing on? having a break from dyms cos they slowly drive you insane?