You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£40 to £1040 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm £1,069.18)...FINISHED

Comments

• edited September 2012
    blimmey dev im away for a few days and you are smashing it wd m8. Glad to see gary has made his target too. Not long till your there buddy keep it going and gl. Your both an insperation to the low stakes grinders and show that with commitment and goals you can achieve something in this game WD
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1040 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£806.38:
    blimmey dev im away for a few days and you are smashing it wd m8. Glad to see gary has made his target too. Not long till your there buddy keep it going and gl. Your both an insperation to the low stakes grinders and show that with commitment and goals you can achieve something in this game WD
    Posted by Dazler
    ty Daz,
    yes m8 not 2 far 2go now.
    had a good August slowed down a bit atm but no worries as i'm not in any massive rush to finish.
    yes,nice that Gary has completed his challenge & i'm so pleased for him,as that was a real grind starting from January.
    best wishes m8
    :)
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    DAY 136
    thursday 13/9/12

won £30.00

b/roll £836.39

c4p 60
    total
    1401 = £14.01 to come

short & sweet session.got off to a flying start,think i won 5 or 6 in a row so 'booked the win'
    gets me out of the £800 danger zone and moving closer to my target,which has gone up by £40 btw,
    due to me having to deposit £20 on my birthday(9/9/12)so i could receive my £20 'birthday bonus'
    don't think we need to mention any more on that subject.  lol

anyway,nice to have the rest of the evening off.
    back tomorrow.
    dev

• edited September 2012
    DAY 136 thursday 13/9/12 won £30.00 b/roll £836.39 c4p 60 total 1401 = £14.01 to come short & sweet session.got off to a flying start,think i won 5 or 6 in a row so 'booked the win' gets me out of the £800 danger zone and moving closer to my target,which has gone up by £40 btw, due to me having to deposit £20 on my birthday(9/9/12)so i could receive my £20 'birthday bonus' don't think we need to mention any more on that subject.  lol anyway,nice to have the rest of the evening off. back tomorrow. :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Great stuff, looks like you'll make the target within a month or so. Good luck. I've sent you an e-mail re Sunday.
  • edited September 2012
    Dev,

What with Gary making his target & you with the finishing post in sight, it makes my effort with £591.85 at the moment pretty sorry looking in comparison lol. This tortoise is getting well left behind.

With the volume you are putting in Ian is there any chance you will qualify for this Sit n go champ thingy?

80% there now so nearly on the home straight keep going m8 :-)

Mike

• edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1040 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£806.38 : Great stuff, looks like you'll make the target within a month or so. Good luck. I've sent you an e-mail re Sunday.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    ty Gary,
    yes,getting closer,isn't it.
    i'll e-mail you back in a mo re sunday.
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1040 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£836.38):
    Dev, What with Gary making his target & you with the finishing post in sight, it makes my effort with £591.85 at the moment pretty sorry looking in comparison lol. This tortoise is getting well left behind. With the volume you are putting in Ian is there any chance you will qualify for this Sit n go champ thingy? 80% there now so nearly on the home straight keep going m8 :-) Mike
    Posted by Woogie8688
    hi Mike,
    £591 is still a great effort m8,especially as you only play 2 or 3 tables...i think.
    (btw,i've managed playing 18 tables on my last 2 evening sessions,even if only briefly.  lol)
    re the sng champ thingy,no i've basically got no chance.all the big boys will make probably 5 times and more what i could make playing just the £3's.
    tbh it's a good idea from sky,but it hasn't been thought through properly,so once again it's another competition just for the 'big boys'
    still i guess if i ever get there then i don't suppose i would be complaining,would i?

anyway,i've got another session to post up in a minute,so at least as you say i'm in the home straight with my challenge.
    best wishes m8

"UP THE DEVON MAFIA"  lol

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    DAY 137
    friday 14/9/12

won £11.70

b/roll £848.08

c4p  33
    total 14.34 = £14.34 to come

just a quickie,unlucky in last game i played,got my chips all-in twice on the bubble,both times ahead,& lost both times.
    but still another small w so still happy.
    back later
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    DAY 137 friday 14/9/12 won £11.70 b/roll £848.08 c4p  33 total 14.34 = £14.34 to come just a quickie,unlucky in last game i played,got my chips all-in twice on the bubble,both times ahead,& lost both times. but still another small w so still happy. back later :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    That sickening moment when you have one game left, 100% pure profit, you have it in the bag, but it just has other ideas :(

Great work Devon. I can't say enough how well you've done, not only to stick to a game you have a clear edge in, but stick with the challenge through thick and thin.

Patrick
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1040 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£836.38) : That sickening moment when you have one game left, 100% pure profit, you have it in the bag, but it just has other ideas :( Great work Devon. I can't say enough how well you've done, not only to stick to a game you have a clear edge in, but stick with the challenge through thick and thin. Patrick
    Posted by patwalshh
    lol
    hi Pat,
    ty m8,
    yes should be there quite soon....fingers crossed.

questions for you Pat,(if you don't mind answering?)

i've tried playing the £5's several times,without much joy.
    clearly as you've mentioned i have a pretty good edge at the £3's.

do you think i am doing anything wrong then when i'm playing the £5 level?
    or do you think that it is just that little bit harder than the £3's and i just need to make some slight adjustments to my game?
    or could it be that i've simply not played enough games to iron out the varience.?

obviously it would be nice to be able to move up to this nxt level,as the wins should clearly be bigger than the £3 level.also for the extra c4p that comes with it,(because we all know how obsessed with them,i am.)  lol

or,should i just be content winning as i am atm by just playing the £3's?
    also,as you know i'm playing 15 tables(and feel pretty comfortable with that number) atm @ £3 level, looking to try and get to 18.do you think this could be a factor?
    i have tried playing just 1 or 2 tables even 3 or 4 also 8/10 + tables at the £5's but again without much success.
    lots of questions for you Pat,but i just don't have the answers to any of them atm.

appreciate any help that you might be able to kindly give me Pat.

dev

• edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1040 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£836.38) : lol hi Pat, ty m8, yes should be there quite soon....fingers crossed. questions for you Pat,(if you don't mind answering?) i've tried playing the £5's several times,without much joy. clearly as you've mentioned i have a pretty good edge at the £3's. do you think i am doing anything wrong then when i'm playing the £5 level? or do you think that it is just that little bit harder than the £3's and i just need to make some slight adjustments to my game? or could it be that i've simply not played enough games to iron out the varience.? obviously it would be nice to be able to move up to this nxt level,as the wins should clearly be bigger than the £3 level.also for the extra c4p that comes with it,(because we all know how obsessed with them,i am.)  lol or,should i just be content winning as i am atm by just playing the £3's? also,as you know i'm playing 15 tables(and feel pretty comfortable with that number) atm @ £3 level, looking to try and get to 18.do you think this could be a factor? i have tried playing just 1 or 2 tables even 3 or 4 also 8/10 + tables at the £5's but again without much success. lots of questions for you Pat,but i just don't have the answers to any of them atm. appreciate any help that you might be able to kindly give me Pat. :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Hi Dev, thought I'd just cut in here before Pat replies because let's face it, he's a massive fish.

Basically, u'll need to play less tables and more 'poker' as u move up the stakes (especially focus a lot more on other players as they will be less likely to gift u their stack & ramp up the aggro around the bubble).

Obv u need to take this advise with a pinch of salt because I'm a mid-stakes fish (but not as bad as Pat), hope this helps.
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1040 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£836.38) : lol hi Pat, ty m8, yes should be there quite soon....fingers crossed. questions for you Pat,(if you don't mind answering?) i've tried playing the £5's several times,without much joy. clearly as you've mentioned i have a pretty good edge at the £3's. do you think i am doing anything wrong then when i'm playing the £5 level? or do you think that it is just that little bit harder than the £3's and i just need to make some slight adjustments to my game? or could it be that i've simply not played enough games to iron out the varience.? obviously it would be nice to be able to move up to this nxt level,as the wins should clearly be bigger than the £3 level.also for the extra c4p that comes with it,(because we all know how obsessed with them,i am.)  lol or,should i just be content winning as i am atm by just playing the £3's? also,as you know i'm playing 15 tables(and feel pretty comfortable with that number) atm @ £3 level, looking to try and get to 18.do you think this could be a factor? i have tried playing just 1 or 2 tables even 3 or 4 also 8/10 + tables at the £5's but again without much success. lots of questions for you Pat,but i just don't have the answers to any of them atm. appreciate any help that you might be able to kindly give me Pat. :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Hi Dev,

Just taught I would reply to this post I know its not meant for me.I have being playing the £5 games for the last two weeks and being going pretty much ok same as the £3 games.The standard is slighty better imo and takes more concentration just to keep on eye on certain players moves.Maybe just drop the amount of games you play to a more comfortable level at the £5 games.Even though you won't  be getting your usual amount of volume in at first your c4p will not go down with higher c4ps available at the £5 games.Also maybe your best waiting for this promo thing to end before you try as alot of much higher stakes players are playing the £5 games at the minute.Anyway run well play and Im sure you will crack the £5 games just like the rest of the levels.

Pat
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1040 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£836.38) : Hi Dev, thought I'd just cut in here before Pat replies because let's face it, he's a massive fish. Basically, u'll need to play less tables and more 'poker' as u move up the stakes (especially focus a lot more on other players as they will be less likely to gift u their stack & ramp up the aggro around the bubble). Obv u need to take this advise with a pinch of salt because I'm a mid-stakes fish (but not as bad as Pat), hope this helps.
    Posted by JingleMa
    thank you Jingle,
    yes m8 it does help.
    appreciated.

obviously without going into details, from your side of things,but i made approx £300 last month from playing just £3's and am up about £100 so far this month but have played alot less hours,didn't play the 1st 3 days either,so it looks as though i should do ok again this month...touch wood,
    my question being;do you think it possible that i could make more at the £3's playing my current 15 tables or so,or possibly once i get my target of £1040 up,have another try at the £5's playing less tables,as you suggest
    and make as much or maybe more that way,with time and practise?
    any thought would be very much appreciated.
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1040 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£836.38) : lol hi Pat, ty m8, yes should be there quite soon....fingers crossed. questions for you Pat,(if you don't mind answering?) appreciate any help that you might be able to kindly give me Pat. :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    When I first played in a few £5s with you a couple of months ago, I saw a lot of leaks in your game. But playing with you recently, I think it's safe to say you've fixed a lot of them. Nevertheless, there are always things to work on. 

Firstly from my relatively small experience of the £3s, I find that they do play slightly differently to the £5s. For example, you can sit back and be more passive on the bubble a larger % of the time than the £5. So when I play on the same table as you you on the bubble, I noteice you're easier to exploit than most £5 regulars - often playing fit or fold poker. In the latter stages you have to be able to walk a tight rope, and find a balance between defending you blinds and letting it go. 

If I was you, I'd finish your challenge and then really focus on playing 4-6 tables a mixture £3s and £5s, and really focusing on decisions. Deeply think can I get a shove through here vs these opponents and why. Make a real effort to write notes on players, and learn the most detailed things you can about their tendencies, who limp folds the sb in the latter stages etc. 

Another thing is game selection. Even I avoid reg filled games, so if you see 2 £5 regulars in a game, avoid it and wait for a better one. You don't make money from good regulars, or from rake. We make money from weak players that we have a distinct edge over. 

In summary:

Drop number of tables
    Be more aware of table dynamics/players tendencies
    Be active on the bubble
    Ride out variance. Sample size of anything under 100 games is almost meaningless

Hope this helps. If I've missed anything or if you have any more questions, just let me know.

Pat

• edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1040 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£836.38) : Hi Dev, Just taught I would reply to this post I know its not meant for me.I have being playing the £5 games for the last two weeks and being going pretty much ok same as the £3 games.The standard is slighty better imo and takes more concentration just to keep on eye on certain players moves.Maybe just drop the amount of games you play to a more comfortable level at the £5 games.Even though you won't  be getting your usual amount of volume in at first your c4p will not go down with higher c4ps available at the £5 games.Also maybe your best waiting for this promo thing to end before you try as alot of much higher stakes players are playing the £5 games at the minute.Anyway run well play and Im sure you will crack the £5 games just like the rest of the levels. Pat
    Posted by day4eire76
    hi Pat,
    thank you m8 for taking the time to post your thoughts.
    i have on a number of occasions done as you suggest,playing less tables but without much success.
    i'm sure there must be some leaks in my game which i am not aware of,but all i can do is to keep on trying,i guess.
    i do remember when i first moved up to the £3 level,in this challenge, having some really bad sessions,so i guess maybe that is what might be happening here at the £5's.
    i did gradually put the pieces together though,and as my b/roll grew so did my confidence too.
    i'm hoping that once i get this challenge 'done & dusted' i might be able to have another serious attempt at the £5's again.maybe a new challenge there,me thinks?
    "still,if it was that easy everyone would be playing there and winning,i guess!!!"

run good Pat
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1040 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£836.38) : When I first played in a few £5s with you a couple of months ago, I saw a lot of leaks in your game. But playing with you recently, I think it's safe to say you've fixed a lot of them. Nevertheless, there are always things to work on.  Firstly from my relatively small experience of the £3s, I find that they do play slightly differently to the £5s. For example, you can sit back and be more passive on the bubble a larger % of the time than the £5. So when I play on the same table as you you on the bubble, I noteice you're easier to exploit than most £5 regulars - often playing fit or fold poker. In the latter stages you have to be able to walk a tight rope, and find a balance between defending you blinds and letting it go.  If I was you, I'd finish your challenge and then really focus on playing 4-6 tables a mixture £3s and £5s, and really focusing on decisions. Deeply think can I get a shove through here vs these opponents and why. Make a real effort to write notes on players, and learn the most detailed things you can about their tendencies, who limp folds the sb in the latter stages etc.  Another thing is game selection. Even I avoid reg filled games, so if you see 2 £5 regulars in a game, avoid it and wait for a better one. You don't make money from good regulars, or from rake. We make money from weak players that we have a distinct edge over.  In summary: Drop number of tables Be more aware of table dynamics/players tendencies Be active on the bubble Ride out variance. Sample size of anything under 100 games is almost meaningless Hope this helps. If I've missed anything or if you have any more questions, just let me know. Pat
    Posted by patwalshh
    Damn, the fish talks sense.

+1 to all this - you're playing too low for your roll imo.

So move up stakes and play less tables, gl!

• edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1040 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£836.38) : When I first played in a few £5s with you a couple of months ago, I saw a lot of leaks in your game. But playing with you recently, I think it's safe to say you've fixed a lot of them. Nevertheless, there are always things to work on.  Firstly from my relatively small experience of the £3s, I find that they do play slightly differently to the £5s. For example, you can sit back and be more passive on the bubble a larger % of the time than the £5. So when I play on the same table as you you on the bubble, I noteice you're easier to exploit than most £5 regulars - often playing fit or fold poker. In the latter stages you have to be able to walk a tight rope, and find a balance between defending you blinds and letting it go.  If I was you, I'd finish your challenge and then really focus on playing 4-6 tables a mixture £3s and £5s, and really focusing on decisions. Deeply think can I get a shove through here vs these opponents and why. Make a real effort to write notes on players, and learn the most detailed things you can about their tendencies, who limp folds the sb in the latter stages etc.  Another thing is game selection. Even I avoid reg filled games, so if you see 2 £5 regulars in a game, avoid it and wait for a better one. You don't make money from good regulars, or from rake. We make money from weak players that we have a distinct edge over.  In summary: Drop number of tables Be more aware of table dynamics/players tendencies Be active on the bubble Ride out variance. Sample size of anything under 100 games is almost meaningless Hope this helps. If I've missed anything or if you have any more questions, just let me know. Pat
    Posted by patwalshh
    hi Pat,
    thank you very much for the reply,it is very much appreciated,as i know that you are giving away vital 'free information'.
    i will go through everything you have mentioned thoroughly .i do manage to make short notes at the £3 level,which do really help with many decisions but i'm sure that it is something i will need to develop further if i am to have any chance of succeeding at the £5's.
    i know that my game is far from perfect,and i can probably get away with a number of things playing the £3's which 'won't wash' at the £5's,probably the main one being the number of tables i am able to play.
    nice of you to say that you've noticed i've fixed some leaks in my game,i guess if you are to survive/succeed then one has to.
    you also mention 'game selection',that is/was something i never took into consideration either.
    my thoughts being if i'm playing this level i'll play whoever is in front of me.maybe that was a mistake on my part too,which when you put them all together with the obvious 'playing ones' that i was/am still making,
    then i guess there was ever only going to be one outcome.

once again Pat,
    thanks very much.   i will try and put your 'words of wisdom' to good use.

best wishes,as always,
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1040 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£836.38) : Damn, the fish talks sense. +1 to all this - you're playing too low for your roll imo. So move up stakes and play less tables, gl!
    Posted by JingleMa
    ty Jingles

'noted'
    dev
  • edited September 2012

DAY 137
    friday 14/9/12

and....
    i thought today was just going to be 'another day'

wrong!!!

it's the day that 'devonfish' has taken a massive step closer towards his next 'possible challenge'????

i think the clues are all above,but nothing is finalised,as yet.

a BIG thank you to Patwalshh,Pat(day4eire76)&Jingles

(* *)
       ^
    dev

• edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1040 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£836.38) : hi Pat, thank you very much for the reply,it is very much appreciated,as i know that you are giving away vital 'free information'. i will go through everything you have mentioned thoroughly .i do manage to make short notes at the £3 level,which do really help with many decisions but i'm sure that it is something i will need to develop further if i am to have any chance of succeeding at the £5's. i know that my game is far from perfect,and i can probably get away with a number of things playing the £3's which 'won't wash' at the £5's,probably the main one being the number of tables i am able to play. nice of you to say that you've noticed i've fixed some leaks in my game,i guess if you are to survive/succeed then one has to. you also mention 'game selection',that is/was something i never took into consideration either. my thoughts being if i'm playing this level i'll play whoever is in front of me.maybe that was a mistake on my part too,which when you put them all together with the obvious 'playing ones' that i was/am still making, then i guess there was ever only going to be one outcome. once again Pat, thanks very much.   i will try and put your 'words of wisdom' to good use. best wishes,as always, :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5

I was so confused until it dawned on me that you posted two replies. Honestly Dev, the amount of times I've tried to move up, failed and moved back down is ridiculous. Some of it was due to running bad, some of it overconfidence, and some of it was me just being naive about my skill level. Just keep doing everything you can to get better, and over time you will. Buy poker books, watch 50nl youtube videos etc (it will help in the awkward post flop spots). 

Speaking more specifically, would probably require a pm. But I 12-14 table a mixture of 5s and 10s profitably, so if I can adjust to it, I'm sure you can.

• edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1040 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£836.38) : I was so confused until it dawned on me that you posted two replies. Honestly Dev, the amount of times I've tried to move up, failed and moved back down is ridiculous. Some of it was due to running bad, some of it overconfidence, and some of it was me just being naive about my skill level. Just keep doing everything you can to get better, and over time you will. Buy poker books, watch 50nl youtube videos etc (it will help in the awkward post flop spots).  Speaking more specifically, would probably require a pm. But I 12-14 table a mixture of 5s and 10s profitably, so if I can adjust to it, I'm sure you can.
    Posted by patwalshh
    hi Pat,
    nice post m8,
    nice to know that it's not just happened to me then. 
    yes i'm sure that if i can keep on playing in time i should be able to overcome the problem.
    i'm still quite happy with how it's going at the £3 level,so it's not like it's the end of the world or anything is it.
    i've not played there for about 6 weeks or more now and i'm pretty sure my game has improved sinse then so once this challenge is over,i'm almost certain to have another crack at it.
    thanks again m8 for all the great advice.
    best wishes
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    DAY 137
    friday 14/9/12
    part 2

won £19.50

b/roll £867.58

c4p  75
    total 1509 = £15.09 to come

another nice little session,
    that's £31 won today,so very happy.
    not getting to excited just yet,but i know i will start to once i can get past the £900 mark,which isn't so far away now.
    back tomorrow
    dev

• edited September 2012
    Well played buddy.

Delighted your going so well.I wish I had your dedication to the dyms.Have done the last two weeks but unlucky for me it is in the same week as the DYM promotion.Had TommyD and Johnconnor at my tables the last couple of nights with other grinders.Quick question when Im playing I load up between 4 or 6 tables as that is the most I can handle with the laptop.Do you keep loading tables if so how do you set up your screen as I have mine top left to bottom right in order (so I know what blinds the tables are at).I usually load up the tables 4 or 6 and play to the end, take a little break and load up my next lot.Is this wrong? is there a better way? Got my biggest session in tonight with 32 games W 20 L12.Happy it was a winning session and am on for my biggest c4p ever already.any advice always welcome pal.

Run good pal.

Pal
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1040 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£867.58):
    Well played buddy. Delighted your going so well.I wish I had your dedication to the dyms.Have done the last two weeks but unlucky for me it is in the same week as the DYM promotion.Had TommyD and Johnconnor at my tables the last couple of nights with other grinders.Quick question when Im playing I load up between 4 or 6 tables as that is the most I can handle with the laptop.Do you keep loading tables if so how do you set up your screen as I have mine top left to bottom right in order (so I know what blinds the tables are at).I usually load up the tables 4 or 6 and play to the end, take a little break and load up my next lot.Is this wrong? is there a better way? Got my biggest session in tonight with 32 games W 20 L12.Happy it was a winning session and am on for my biggest c4p ever already.any advice always welcome pal. Run good pal. Pal
    Posted by day4eire76
    I do the same thing as you, load up 6 tables and let them all play out to the end, then take break. Usually a short session on an online shooter. It helps me quite a bit, if I ran bad on the previous 6 tables then a short break owning a bunch of kids in counterstrike usually fixes that and if I'm running good it stops me getting too over confident for my own good.
    Is it a good or bad thing, well for me it was good as my overall results slightly improved, your experience may differ. :-)
    I did wonder if I was the only person that grinds the tables in this way, I guessing most people dont!?
  • edited September 2012
    Almost forgot to mention nice bit of run good there at the mo Dev, keep it up!

Still taking the odd shot at the £5 DYM's myself but from the tiny sample size from the shots I've not really gotten anywhere with it, plus a bit of run bad in the past few days hasn't helped. Although it did end on a bit of a high as a mate challenged me to see who would get from 60p DYM through the levels to £11 DYM first, which I achieved on my first attempt, pwned, was thinking of trying the £16 game but was more content with having beaten my mate rather than getting too cocky and losing it in front of him.
    Back to work after 2.5 weeks off covering 4x 12 hour night shifts, so no time for poker for the next few days, hopefully that'll reset me :-)

I wish the poker gods be on your side Dev, 900 smackers just round the corner now :P
  • edited September 2012
    deffo move to £5 level - play 9 tables see how you got on

don't be too worried about that jump

the £5 - £11 is a bigger jump

you can still find £5 tables with less regs on imo
    you could try 9x£3 & 4x£5 and see how you get on
    set it up so you can concentrate more on the £5 level and go auto pilot on the £3 level -

good luck Dev, neary there
  • edited September 2012
    Well played buddy. Delighted your going so well.I wish I had your dedication to the dyms.Have done the last two weeks but unlucky for me it is in the same week as the DYM promotion.Had TommyD and Johnconnor at my tables the last couple of nights with other grinders.Quick question when Im playing I load up between 4 or 6 tables as that is the most I can handle with the laptop.Do you keep loading tables if so how do you set up your screen as I have mine top left to bottom right in order (so I know what blinds the tables are at).I usually load up the tables 4 or 6 and play to the end, take a little break and load up my next lot.Is this wrong? is there a better way? Got my biggest session in tonight with 32 games W 20 L12.Happy it was a winning session and am on for my biggest c4p ever already.any advice always welcome pal. Run good pal. Pal
    Posted by day4eire76
    hi Pat,
    nice easy tables then,just TommyD & Johnconnor to beat.  lol
    think i'll hang on ayt the £3's a little bit longer then.  lol

yes i set my tables up the same as you except i am left/handed so for me it will be the opposite way around than you,but it is essentially the same as your set-up.i have 2 monitors,the r/hand won has my SKY POKER LOBBY,situated b/right of screen.
    i put my name down on as many tables as poss usually about 3 available,then as they load up the 1st one goes across to l/h monitor to top r/h side so is right in front of me and central to both monitors.
    the nxt table goes top left of that nxt table goes middle under 1st table then nxt table goes middle under top middle table.etc.
    i am always returning to lobby while playing and entering more tables.
    so basically once i have the 9 tables running on l/hand monitor in 3x3 rows i then load up the same on 2nd monitor starting from the inside and working across and down to the outside.
    when a table finishes on the l/hand monitor i then get rid of it as quickly as poss,and drag across another ongoing table from my r/hand monitor and replace it.
    i also try and choose the game with the highest blind level running.

so in short,
    my left/hand monitor is where most of the important action is and the right/hand games are just going through the early to mid stages getting ready to be moved over for the finish.

it can get a little bit frantic at times wnen i've got 15 to 18 tables running,but you do get used to it.
    i've also learnt thet you have to simply ignore some tables and let the time bar run out as i can't press 15+ buttons quickly  enough.
    i just concentrate on the tables that need it the most.

i think from memory,and without checking,when i 1st started this challenge,which was only 4&1/2 months ago...
    yes,it seems longer,i was playing around 8/9 tables,so it has taken me that time to add another 6 or 7 i guess.
    i can play 15 tables now,almost with my eyes shut,but am finding it quite a challenge getting the 18th up,which i think would be my maximum and the target that i had always set myself.

you say you play 4/6 tables and then take a break.
    that's fine but for me once i sit down to play,i like to get in as much volume as possible and not waste any chance of winning as many games as possible,but that's just me.

it is only during the evenings between say 6pm and 10/11pm that all these tables are available,so during the day say between 10am and 1/2pm i might only be playing 8/9 to 12 tables,or even less.

congrats on getting the 32 games in,in 1 session and winning,well done.

i know some might argue/say that i'm playing too many tables and yes i'm sure at times i have,but i have always enjoyed pushing myself as far as is possible at everything i do.
    i can remember back playing those 9 tables and really finding it difficult getting the 10th/11th's up,but i did it.
    now as i say 15 feels comfortable,
    ,so who's right and who's wrong.

anyway Pat,hope some of that might help a bit,i know i've gone on a bit...
    feels like i've been here writing for ages...
    oh,i have!!!
    good luck with it buddy.
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    Almost forgot to mention nice bit of run good there at the mo Dev, keep it up! Still taking the odd shot at the £5 DYM's myself but from the tiny sample size from the shots I've not really gotten anywhere with it, plus a bit of run bad in the past few days hasn't helped. Although it did end on a bit of a high as a mate challenged me to see who would get from 60p DYM through the levels to £11 DYM first, which I achieved on my first attempt, pwned, was thinking of trying the £16 game but was more content with having beaten my mate rather than getting too cocky and losing it in front of him. Back to work after 2.5 weeks off covering 4x 12 hour night shifts, so no time for poker for the next few days, hopefully that'll reset me :-) I wish the poker gods be on your side Dev, 900 smackers just round the corner now :P
    Posted by DeaDFl0P
    hi DeaDflop,
     well done m8,on reaching the £11 on your 1st attempt.always nice showing off in front of your mate,isn't it.
    ty for your support...appreciated.
    best wishes,
    dev
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1040 dev's DYM grind..(b/roll atm..£867.58) : hi Pat, nice easy tables then,just TommyD & Johnconnor to beat.  lol think i'll hang on ayt the £3's a little bit longer then.  lol yes i set my tables up the same as you except i am left/handed so for me it will be the opposite way around than you,but it is essentially the same as your set-up.i have 2 monitors,the r/hand won has my SKY POKER LOBBY,situated b/right of screen. i put my name down on as many tables as poss usually about 3 available,then as they load up the 1st one goes across to l/h monitor to top r/h side so is right in front of me and central to both monitors. the nxt table goes top left of that nxt table goes middle under 1st table then nxt table goes middle under top middle table.etc. i am always returning to lobby while playing and entering more tables. so basically once i have the 9 tables running on l/hand monitor in 3x3 rows i then load up the same on 2nd monitor starting from the inside and working across and down to the outside. when a table finishes on the l/hand monitor i then get rid of it as quickly as poss,and drag across another ongoing table from my r/hand monitor and replace it. i also try and choose the game with the highest blind level running. so in short, my left/hand monitor is where most of the important action is and the right/hand games are just going through the early to mid stages getting ready to be moved over for the finish. it can get a little bit frantic at times wnen i've got 15 to 18 tables running,but you do get used to it. i've also learnt thet you have to simply ignore some tables and let the time bar run out as i can't press 15+ buttons quickly  enough. i just concentrate on the tables that need it the most. i think from memory,and without checking,when i 1st started this challenge,which was only 4&1/2 months ago... yes,it seems longer,i was playing around 8/9 tables,so it has taken me that time to add another 6 or 7 i guess. i can play 15 tables now,almost with my eyes shut,but am finding it quite a challenge getting the 18th up,which i think would be my maximum and the target that i had always set myself. you say you play 4/6 tables and then take a break. that's fine but for me once i sit down to play,i like to get in as much volume as possible and not waste any chance of winning as many games as possible,but that's just me. it is only during the evenings between say 6pm and 10/11pm that all these tables are available,so during the day say between 10am and 1/2pm i might only be playing 8/9 to 12 tables,or even less. congrats on getting the 32 games in,in 1 session and winning,well done. i know some might argue/say that i'm playing too many tables and yes i'm sure at times i have,but i have always enjoyed pushing myself as far as is possible at everything i do. i can remember back playing those 9 tables and really finding it difficult getting the 10th/11th's up,but i did it. now as i say 15 feels comfortable, ,so who's right and who's wrong. anyway Pat,hope some of that might help a bit,i know i've gone on a bit... feels like i've been here writing for ages... oh,i have!!! good luck with it buddy. :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Thanks Pal,

Always wondered how other people get so many tables going.The laptop or me wouldn't handle so many tables.Maybe when things get better I can upgrade to a better computer.Seems if I was going to take these dyms seriously I need a better sysyem.Thanks for the reply and run good.

Pat
  • edited September 2012
    deffo move to £5 level - play 9 tables see how you got on don't be too worried about that jump the £5 - £11 is a bigger jump you can still find £5 tables with less regs on imo you could try 9x£3 & 4x£5 and see how you get on set it up so you can concentrate more on the £5 level and go auto pilot on the £3 level - good luck Dev, neary there
    Posted by rancid
    ty rancid,
    good advice,as always.
    yes i'll finish my challenge off by playing just the £3's as it seems to be working quite well atm.
    don't want to go messing up all the hard work done now by rushing back to the dreaded £5's again.
    will deffo be playing less tables though when/should i go there again.
    best wishes buddy.
    ps; hope mum is feeling a little/lots better.
    dev