You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM Laddering Challenge --- Turn 60p into £200 --- 3x £55 Primo Seats!! --- 231 Runners So

Comments

• edited November 2012
    Don't see why not, will have crack later
  • edited November 2012
    Im In , About to start Level 1

Level 1 Finished with Ease!!!

Level 2 next

Got to level 4 and went all in pre flop with AA for 1400 and someone called with A2 and hit trip 2's!! hmmmmm

Anyway started again and now about to start level 5!!!

Just completed Level 6 in an amazing game.

I do hope this challenge is still running!! i just caught it yesterday and started.
  • edited November 2012
    First attempt fell at level 5 back to the drawing board!!
  • edited November 2012

2nd attempt and i am at level 6 wish me luck :s

• edited November 2012
    Level 6 win get me on that board ;)
  • edited November 2012
    Fell at 7!!!! had 4500 chips at one point too!!!!!!!!
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: DYM Laddering Challenge --- Turn 60p into £200 --- 3x £55 Primo Seats!! --- 164 Runners So Far!:
    Don't see why not, will have crack later
    Posted by bbMike
    Played for the first time last night cleared three levels, will go again tonight. It's quite addictive had to pull myself away, those micro DYMs take a lot longer than I expected!
  • edited November 2012

just came across this i am fairly new to sky poker (this is my first poker post) and looks a great idea just going to start level 1 now wish me luck thanks

• edited November 2012
    Just won through the 5.50, blinds were at 200/400 before we lost the first runner, and was ridiculous on the bubble blinds going round 300/600, complete shove fest in part!

Enjoying the ride though, will be playing level 6 (£11) tomorrow night probably.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: DYM Laddering Challenge --- Turn 60p into £200 --- 3x £55 Primo Seats!! --- 164 Runners So Far!:
    Can you add my name to the list for this challenge please :) has anyone managed it yet?
    Posted by HoldemHoty
    Yeah you could have started as soon as you posted here and I can see you already have. Nice going to get so far on your first 2 attempts by the way. I've added you to the leaderboard now.

I'm managing this thread by the way, I've just been a bit busy and haven't updated it recently, but I'll be keeping on top of it in future.

Paul
  • edited November 2012
    Im In , About to start Level 1 Level 1 Finished with Ease!!! Level 2 next  Got to level 4 and went all in pre flop with AA for 1400 and someone called with A2 and hit trip 2's!! hmmmmm Anyway started again and now about to start level 5!!! Just completed Level 6 in an amazing game. I do hope this challenge is still running!! i just caught it yesterday and started.
    Posted by TuckerJ37
    Nice going on completing level 6. That gets you on the leaderboard

Yeah it is still running and will continue to run until we get 3 people who complete it and win the 3 prizes (or Sky say otherwise).

Sick hand with the AA v A2 by the way. Good luck in your next game.
  • edited November 2012
    So that's it folks, I've finally got round to updating it all, and I will keep on top of things in future.

Well done to everyone who has got so far, especially Wynne who has consistently got very far over and over again. I'm sure one of them Primo seats has your name on it Wynne.

We now have a massive 184 people taking part in this which is pretty massive.

Good Luck All!

Paul
  • edited November 2012
    Dipped my toe last night with no joy, just completed the first 3 levels, now onto level 4 :) will try and take that down after my tea lol.

update* Level 4 taken down will try level 5 tonight me thinks :)

Busto level 5 on the bubble aj suited VS KQ O/S aipf floped a jack they turned a king sigh

Lets start again
  • edited November 2012
    Just won through level 6, this is my first attempt.  Expecting a tough game at £22 and won't play until Sunday.  Looking forward to seeing my name on the leaderboard!
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: DYM Laddering Challenge --- Turn 60p into £200 --- 3x £55 Primo Seats!! --- 184 Runners So Far!:
    Just won through level 6, this is my first attempt.  Expecting a tough game at £22 and won't play until Sunday.  Looking forward to seeing my name on the leaderboard!
    Posted by bbMike
    The next level after level 6 is £16.50.

Make sure you do them in the right order or you won't get the prize.
  • edited November 2012
    Ah yes, good catch thanks - a long way to go before I start thinking about prizes, but would've hurt to win through 22 and find out it doesn't count. Thanks for the tip off.
  • edited November 2012

Hi. I would like to have a try of this if possible please.

• edited November 2012
    Not a good start crashed and burned on level 2. :-(
  • edited November 2012
    Conquered 4 levels,level 5 next.
    I think the first 5 levels are the toughest!
  • edited November 2012
    All hs to be verified by Sharkscope. What if you have opted out ? Sharkscope accesses your details without consent and they are often wrong.  According to them I have lost more money than I have paid into Sky altogether not even allowing for what I have withdrawn. Surely there should be a way of verifying these results within Sky itself. End result I can't enter this comp.

In Response to DYM Laddering Challenge --- Turn 60p into £200 --- 3x £55 Primo Seats!! --- 184 Runners So Far!:
    Hi All, Someone recently mentioned IrishRover's previous DYM challenge of turning 60p into £200 by winning consecutive games through every level of DYMs up to £110 buy-in. I then saw Yidette's blog for the first time, describing her journey to completing this challenege which had me very intrigued. Tikay has now kindly offered to have a look round for some goodies if we set this competition up again. Level 1   -    60p Level 2   -    £1.15 Level 3   -    £2.25 Level 4   -    £3.30 Level 5   -    £5.50 Level 6   -    £11.00 Level 7   -    £16.50 Level 8   -    £22.00 Level 9   -   £33.00 Level 10 -   £55.00 Level 11 -   £82.50 Level 12 -   £110.00 All players must start from level 1, and progress to the next level with each consecutive win. If at any level, you lose a game, then you must go straight back to level 1 and start again! Please post up your progress and whether you're still 'live' or have busted, and I will put together a table of people who are doing the best. All results will need to be verified via Sharkscope. Prizes The first 3 unique people to complete all levels of this challenge will win a £55 seat into the Primo on Sunday - So if 1 person completes it 3 times, they will only receive 1 seat to the Primo. ====================================================================== Top Performers... Achill            - Level 9 WIN IDONKCALLU  - Level 9 WIN Wynne1938   - Level 8 WIN Dazler             - Level 8 WIN Petethepla     - Level 8 WIN Alan1506       - Level 7 WIN MaggiesDad   - Level 7 WIN Waller02        - Level 6 WIN JockBMW        - Level 6 WIN Yidette9         - Level 6 WIN SuperSnedd   - Level 6 WIN Kirbsuk83       - Level 6 WIN HoldEmHoty    - Level 6 WIN Coleman125   - Level 6 WIN TuckerJ37       - Level 6 WIN ================================================================================ 164 Challengers So Far!... Lambert180 JockBMW Petethepla FlyingDagg Pomfrittes Yidette9 Poppy765 JingleMa Alan1506 GatlingGob Llamas Cenachav Poppy765 Belsibub Myrrdhin Rancid Waller02 Dazler HappyNige4 Ste1722 Snowhite Simonnatur Wacko90 Sara36dd08 Budgirl SolarCarro 67Bhoys Scouse_Red DTWBandit SlaverFish Jummence SuperSnedd Wynne1938 MufcScott1 Any2Suited Stackemup Joshlarr Yorkie74 Donut64 Nemoisback HypeTing IDONKCALLU GaryQQQ Brrrrrrr Cinnanati EvilPingu Neil1970 DevonFish5 BigRick91 GreekWay Tombola123 Woogie8688 Gaga87 HullCheat Rolo1 JstFlippin Gerardirl Kevcoke69 Shuv JPW33 lMARKl PatWalshh Dubmaster Glenelg Marcus191 Poshcole Maxally Boxster Liamboi11 Joshlarr MickFoley VespaPX Chopos180 TimeForBed TheSaint07 The_Don90 What_If Slykllist MrBurns4 J3ono Ryan83 AuntPeg Engy Samantha25 Coleman125 Zeon49 Grantos888 PucPound Leesc Daibando D_Legend BeWhereAll El_Mogul WildC8rd Imber LabRat64 AceRag83 lufc333 PokerJason 1Nitro1 OCall Stupendous Stuch62 FCHD IDONKCALLU MKGunner icuessex MCracken Ice_Tiger TomRed64 Floppy15 JohnConnor CGoldie Achill Nedre Thoich _4Jacks Wartic Safc20 JackDaw GuardDog15 BigBudd_ Vichelski TVSpice Smarr Neiller MySharky Bigal36903 Adey1984 Macapaca S_B_ DeadLuck Batkin88 Grispino BigGirl SamBoram45 MrTurner6 FoldMachin Red_King SolidStan1 MrHappy38 Kev475 lcfcfan14 mewillows vegasman Eddie1878 SDodger Marcus191 MaggiesDad WWFCBlue PlayCards BigNoise10 PKRPar Stretch83 DrRunGood Tiercel Dalek_x PokerGhost PokerTrev FlushChase ira1 AlfPachino Pokey2011 JnotG Alpinenut ma nxman2 G-master day4eire 76 SmellyDog RLT16 Jamie159 luvBWFC Shed313 Bailey69 Serge77 Stuarty117 Annie_Duke CKD HoldE m Hoty P roteas438 Chrissy89 bbMike TuckerJ37 SlowHand85 ============================================================== 67Bhoys has kindly put together a table showing the amount of profit/loss made for reaching each level, so the most you can ever lose by doing a run through of this is £1...and you could just win £200+ so get on it!! Level   Entry     Prize   Profit Cost of Out                     1        0.60        1.00        0.40 -          0.60 2        1.15        2.00        1.25 -          0.75 3        2.25        4.00        3.00 -          1.00 4        3.30        6.00        5.70 -          0.30 5        5.50      10.00      10.20           0.20 6      11.00      20.00      19.20 -          0.80 7      16.50      30.00      32.70           2.70 8      22.00      40.00      50.70          10.70 9      33.00      60.00      77.70          17.70 10      55.00     100.00     122.70          22.70 11      82.50     150.00     190.20          40.20 12     110.00     200.00     280.20          80.20 ================================================================================ I would just like to add a note here about a question I've been asked a few times so far as to whether people who normally play DYMs outside of this competition can continue to play them as normal and here are my thoughts... Basically, there's alot of people who play DYMs regularly and I don't think this challenge should affect them being able to play. It would also give the reserve effect that Sky would want, by making people play less DYMs than normal. The way I see it is, you have only failed if you play the relevant level and lose that game. So if you're up to the 60p game, then playing and losing a £5.50 DYM is no different from going and playing an MTT (it's unrelated to the challenge). So if you regularly play the £3.30 games, then all that matters is when you've won the £2.20 game, the next time you play a £3.30 you'll need to win it. Once you've done that you can lose 50 £3.30s in a row if ya like, because the next game for you (relevant to the challenge) is £5.50. ================================================================================ Good Luck All!
    Posted by Lambert180
  • edited November 2012
    lets give this another go
  • edited November 2012
    Won through 16.50 tonight, made one mistake but got lucky with the board, and took a bit of abuse...

Hey ho, level 8 next, probably tomorrow night.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: DYM Laddering Challenge --- Turn 60p into £200 --- 3x £55 Primo Seats!! --- 184 Runners So Far!:
    Hi. I would like to have a try of this if possible please.
    Posted by Samaras666
    Yeah no worries, I'll add you to the list now.
  • edited November 2012
    All hs to be verified by Sharkscope. What if you have opted out ? Sharkscope accesses your details without consent and they are often wrong.  According to them I have lost more money than I have paid into Sky altogether not even allowing for what I have withdrawn. Surely there should be a way of verifying these results within Sky itself. End result I can't enter this comp.   In Response to DYM Laddering Challenge --- Turn 60p into £200 --- 3x £55 Primo Seats!! --- 184 Runners So Far! :
    Posted by tiercel
    There are ocassionally mistakes on SS, although from what I've seen these are usually more often mistakes with MTT results and with people's graphs and you can see the true information by looking into the actual games played by said person. Also, if you have blocked your SS, there is still a level of VIP access on SS where you can still see blocked people's stats.

But if you don't want to enter, that's fine.

• edited November 2012
    Conquered 4 levels,level 5 next. I think the first 5 levels are the toughest!
    Posted by wynne1938
    as I said the first 5 levels are the toughest!
    Fell at Level 5, back to Level 1!
  • edited November 2012
    I've slacked off with trying this but decided to get back on the horse, so I'm in the middle of my 60p game now.

EDIT: And I'm joining you Wynne!
  • edited November 2012
    Paul,did you see my qq get beaten by 7 10 call. My fault for not raising pre flop,hit th e wrong button, and th eflop was 689!

Never mind,got back and have got through 2 levels, time for bed , will get back to level 3 tonight!

See you in the dTD tonight,lets take it down again!
  • edited November 2012
    I looked away for a split second and saw you were gone so I missed it, but I know you know how to play early stages of a DYM so knew you had probably just got unlucky.

Third time lucky for me, only took me 3 goes to win the 60p game. I'm tired so will play level 2 tomorrow.
  • edited November 2012
    Lost on level 8 tonight, could you verify and add me to the leaderboard pls.  Thanks.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: DYM Laddering Challenge --- Turn 60p into £200 --- 3x £55 Primo Seats!! --- 185 Runners So Far!:
    Paul,did you see my qq get beaten by 7 10 call. My fault for not raising pre flop,hit th e wrong button, and th eflop was 689! Never mind,got back and have got through 2 levels, time for bed , will get back to level 3 tonight! See you in the dTD tonight,lets take it down again!
    Posted by wynne1938
    Got through level 3, onto levlel 4!