You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM Laddering Challenge --- Turn 60p into £200 --- 3x £55 Primo Seats!! --- 231 Runners So

Comments

• edited November 2012

Lambert, I have been following this thread since I joined the site 3 months ago. This challenge has fascinated me ever since. I have unofficially taken part and reached level three.
    I take slight exception to your recent statement that you can win £200 and only lose £1. As a newish player I think I am going to lose a lot of £1s or small change. I am giving it a go though.
    Where can I go to see the list of who is where, as I get the impression that games at level 8 are as rare as hen's teeth so I would like to know who has played at this level.
    And if they have, and have obviously lost, who are the monsters winning at that level who aren't taking your challenge?
    Forgive any ignoarance I might be showing here. I am still a poker and post virgin.

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: DYM Laddering Challenge --- Turn 60p into £200 --- 3x £55 Primo Seats!! --- 192 Runners So Far!:
    Lambert, I have been following this thread since I joined the site 3 months ago. This challenge has fascinated me ever since. I have unofficially taken part and reached level three. I take slight exception to your recent statement that you can win £200 and only lose £1. As a newish player I think I am going to lose a lot of £1s or small change. I am giving it a go though. Where can I go to see the list of who is where, as I get the impression that games at level 8 are as rare as hen's teeth so I would like to know who has played at this level. And if they have, and have obviously lost, who are the monsters winning at that level who aren't taking your challenge? Forgive any ignoarance I might be showing here. I am still a poker and post virgin.
    Posted by venivid
    Look at the start of this thread,there is a leaderboard!
    Good luck to you!
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: DYM Laddering Challenge --- Turn 60p into £200 --- 3x £55 Primo Seats!! --- 192 Runners So Far!:
    In Response to Re: DYM Laddering Challenge --- Turn 60p into £200 --- 3x £55 Primo Seats!! --- 192 Runners So Far! : Got through levels 2 and 3,level 4 next, after I had my nights sleep! Snorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good Night peeps!
    Posted by wynne1938
    Fell at level 4,back to level 1!
    Now on level 2!
    Night night peeps!
  • edited November 2012
    Has anyone done it yet?
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: DYM Laddering Challenge --- Turn 60p into £200 --- 3x £55 Primo Seats!! --- 192 Runners So Far! : Fell at level 4,back to level 1! Now on level 2! Night night peeps!
    Posted by wynne1938
    Fell at level 2 ,back to level 1!

Got through level 1 ,onto level 2 tonight Me Thinks!

This is putting too much of a starin on me!

Good night peeps!
  • edited November 2012
    Level 5 completed for me.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: DYM Laddering Challenge -- Turn 30p into £200 --- Prizes To Be Announced!:
    Ok no worries Pete, I've stuck you on the list now... up top at the moment. By the way, I will be taking down the Level 1 wins etc once we get a few scores in cos I dread to think how big the OP will be if I leave them all in. So it'll probably be reserved for people who get past level 5 or something along them lines. But for now, while we aint had much action, we'll keep track of them all.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Put my name down if you would be so kind,
    I can dream cant i
  • edited November 2012
    Level 1 through to 5 completed yesterday
    Level 6 done today :)
  • edited November 2012
    Lambert, I have been following this thread since I joined the site 3 months ago. This challenge has fascinated me ever since. I have unofficially taken part and reached level three. I take slight exception to your recent statement that you can win £200 and only lose £1. As a newish player I think I am going to lose a lot of £1s or small change. I am giving it a go though. Where can I go to see the list of who is where, as I get the impression that games at level 8 are as rare as hen's teeth so I would like to know who has played at this level. And if they have, and have obviously lost, who are the monsters winning at that level who aren't taking your challenge? Forgive any ignoarance I might be showing here. I am still a poker and post virgin.
    Posted by venivid
    Can I assume you're putting your name down to play this then because if you do it, you won't win the prize if you haven't registered on the thread?

If you go all the way, you will actually make about £280 profit, and it's in a table in the OP but I believe the most you could ever lose from 1 attempt is in the region of £2. Obviously newer players may lose a bit, but these are games new players are probably gonna be playing anyway AND because of the nature of playing 1 and moving up, alot of the time even when you do lose you often still make a small profit (if you get past the first few levels).

Games at level 8 are not rare at all, I'd say the £55 games and up are the ones that don't run too often. Yes the players are £55 games are mostly gonna be miles better than the ones at £1 games but that's all part of the challenge and everyone can run good once.

There are players who regularly play the £55s+ for their own profits who don't want to bother with this challenge but that's up to them and if they didn't play the games wouldn't run.

By the way, this is the second time this competition has been ran on the forum and a player called KevCoke (and maybe some numbers on the end of his name) went all the way from the lowest game to winning the final game THREE TIMES!!! Pretty amazing!

• edited November 2012
    just fell at level 7
    was in 4th all in with JJ
    called with A7 and yep he hit an ace :(
  • edited December 2012
    I'm onto level 7 :s
  • edited December 2012
    Dear Lambert, re my post about my fascination with this thread. I do not want to join your list yet and I apologise if I have wasted your time. I was just interested in the concept/maths (turning £1 at worst into £200).
    Thanks for replying
  • edited December 2012
    decided to try this challenge again just completed level 1 time for level 2

• edited December 2012
    randyrambo - always play DYM's.. have a pretty good record
  • edited December 2012
    does it matter if you play turbo dym's or does it have to be normal
  • edited December 2012
    Has no one won this yet lol? I might give it another go!
  • edited December 2012
    does it matter if you play turbo dym's or does it have to be normal
    Posted by Haemophile
    doesnt matter as long as they're 6MAX
  • edited December 2012
    I'm going to give this a bash, count me in
  • edited December 2012
    Going to try this too if its still ongoing :)

ilera
  • edited December 2012
    i will start having a try of this if it is still going as for results do you check the case yourself?
  • edited December 2012
    add me to the list please , starting in 5 mins from level one.   Do i have to post every level i do or will it be monitored?
  • edited December 2012
    add me to the list please , starting in 5 mins from level one.   Do i have to post every level i do or will it be monitored?
    Posted by limmy01[/QUOTE

Post when you feel like it,to get on the leaderboard, you need at least 6 levels(look at the start of this thread!
  • edited December 2012
    cheers for that mate ,

Got to level 3 but fluffed it . Will try again tomorrow night

Jamie
  • edited December 2012
    im going to give this a go 
  • edited December 2012
  • edited December 2012
    Onto Level 7 now!
  • edited December 2012
    Got through level 7,but fell at level 8,so back to level 1!
  • edited December 2012
    Made it to level 7 again,now back to level 1!
  • edited December 2012
    You could put me down for this except I have denied Sharkscope the right to publish my stats as an invasion of privacy. If the Sky team want to verify them that's fine but not the World. I'll give it  a go anyway.

In Response to DYM Laddering Challenge --- Turn 60p into £200 --- 3x £55 Primo Seats!! --- 192 Runners So Far!:
    Hi All, Someone recently mentioned IrishRover's previous DYM challenge of turning 60p into £200 by winning consecutive games through every level of DYMs up to £110 buy-in. I then saw Yidette's blog for the first time, describing her journey to completing this challenege which had me very intrigued. Tikay has now kindly offered to have a look round for some goodies if we set this competition up again. Level 1   -    60p Level 2   -    £1.15 Level 3   -    £2.25 Level 4   -    £3.30 Level 5   -    £5.50 Level 6   -    £11.00 Level 7   -    £16.50 Level 8   -    £22.00 Level 9   -   £33.00 Level 10 -   £55.00 Level 11 -   £82.50 Level 12 -   £110.00 All players must start from level 1, and progress to the next level with each consecutive win. If at any level, you lose a game, then you must go straight back to level 1 and start again! Please post up your progress and whether you're still 'live' or have busted, and I will put together a table of people who are doing the best. All results will need to be verified via Sharkscope. Prizes The first 3 unique people to complete all levels of this challenge will win a £55 seat into the Primo on Sunday - So if 1 person completes it 3 times, they will only receive 1 seat to the Primo. ====================================================================== Top Performers... Achill            - Level 9 WIN IDONKCALLU  - Level 9 WIN Wynne1938   - Level 8 WIN Dazler             - Level 8 WIN Petethepla     - Level 8 WIN Alan1506       - Level 7 WIN MaggiesDad   - Level 7 WIN bbMike           - Level 7 WIN Waller02        - Level 6 WIN JockBMW        - Level 6 WIN Yidette9         - Level 6 WIN SuperSnedd   - Level 6 WIN Kirbsuk83       - Level 6 WIN HoldEmHoty    - Level 6 WIN Coleman125   - Level 6 WIN TuckerJ37       - Level 6 WIN ================================================================================ 164 Challengers So Far!... Lambert180 JockBMW Petethepla FlyingDagg Pomfrittes Yidette9 Poppy765 JingleMa Alan1506 GatlingGob Llamas Cenachav Poppy765 Belsibub Myrrdhin Rancid Waller02 Dazler HappyNige4 Ste1722 Snowhite Simonnatur Wacko90 Sara36dd08 Budgirl SolarCarro 67Bhoys Scouse_Red DTWBandit SlaverFish Jummence SuperSnedd Wynne1938 MufcScott1 Any2Suited Stackemup Joshlarr Yorkie74 Donut64 Nemoisback HypeTing IDONKCALLU GaryQQQ Brrrrrrr Cinnanati EvilPingu Neil1970 DevonFish5 BigRick91 GreekWay Tombola123 Woogie8688 Gaga87 HullCheat Rolo1 JstFlippin Gerardirl Kevcoke69 Shuv JPW33 lMARKl PatWalshh Dubmaster Glenelg Marcus191 Poshcole Maxally Boxster Liamboi11 Joshlarr MickFoley VespaPX Chopos180 TimeForBed TheSaint07 The_Don90 What_If Slykllist MrBurns4 J3ono Ryan83 AuntPeg Engy Samantha25 Coleman125 Zeon49 Grantos888 PucPound Leesc Daibando D_Legend BeWhereAll El_Mogul WildC8rd Imber LabRat64 AceRag83 lufc333 PokerJason 1Nitro1 OCall Stupendous Stuch62 FCHD IDONKCALLU MKGunner icuessex MCracken Ice_Tiger TomRed64 Floppy15 JohnConnor CGoldie Achill Nedre Thoich _4Jacks Wartic Safc20 JackDaw GuardDog15 BigBudd_ Vichelski TVSpice Smarr Neiller MySharky Bigal36903 Adey1984 Macapaca S_B_ DeadLuck Batkin88 Grispino BigGirl SamBoram45 MrTurner6 FoldMachin Red_King SolidStan1 MrHappy38 Kev475 lcfcfan14 mewillows vegasman Eddie1878 SDodger Marcus191 MaggiesDad WWFCBlue PlayCards BigNoise10 PKRPar Stretch83 DrRunGood Tiercel Dalek_x PokerGhost PokerTrev FlushChase ira1 AlfPachino Pokey2011 JnotG Alpinenut ma nxman2 G-master day4eire 76 SmellyDog RLT16 Jamie159 luvBWFC Shed313 Bailey69 Serge77 Stuarty117 Annie_Duke CKD HoldE m Hoty P roteas438 Chrissy89 bbMike TuckerJ37 SlowHand85 Samaras666 Donttelmum FlashFlush Tsaaaar Kinich Ahau Play2win02 Carl7255 MrJoeBlogs ============================================================== 67Bhoys has kindly put together a table showing the amount of profit/loss made for reaching each level, so the most you can ever lose by doing a run through of this is £1...and you could just win £200+ so get on it!! Level   Entry     Prize   Profit Cost of Out                     1        0.60        1.00        0.40 -          0.60 2        1.15        2.00        1.25 -          0.75 3        2.25        4.00        3.00 -          1.00 4        3.30        6.00        5.70 -          0.30 5        5.50      10.00      10.20           0.20 6      11.00      20.00      19.20 -          0.80 7      16.50      30.00      32.70           2.70 8      22.00      40.00      50.70          10.70 9      33.00      60.00      77.70          17.70 10      55.00     100.00     122.70          22.70 11      82.50     150.00     190.20          40.20 12     110.00     200.00     280.20          80.20 ================================================================================ I would just like to add a note here about a question I've been asked a few times so far as to whether people who normally play DYMs outside of this competition can continue to play them as normal and here are my thoughts... Basically, there's alot of people who play DYMs regularly and I don't think this challenge should affect them being able to play. It would also give the reserve effect that Sky would want, by making people play less DYMs than normal. The way I see it is, you have only failed if you play the relevant level and lose that game. So if you're up to the 60p game, then playing and losing a £5.50 DYM is no different from going and playing an MTT (it's unrelated to the challenge). So if you regularly play the £3.30 games, then all that matters is when you've won the £2.20 game, the next time you play a £3.30 you'll need to win it. Once you've done that you can lose 50 £3.30s in a row if ya like, because the next game for you (relevant to the challenge) is £5.50. ================================================================================ Good Luck All!
    Posted by Lambert180
  • edited January 2013
    My new years day experience,upto level 7 and then back to level 1!
    What's new!

Happy New Year all!