You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM Laddering Challenge --- Turn 60p into £200 --- 3x £55 Primo Seats!! --- 231 Runners So

edited January 2015 in Poker Chat
Hope this is like last time, really well recieved.

Also anyone coming onto Sky for the first time just about wet themselves at the standard of play in a 30p DYM ;o)

Comments

• edited April 2014
    Hi All,

Someone recently mentioned IrishRover's previous DYM challenge of turning 60p into £200 by winning consecutive games through every level of DYMs up to £110 buy-in. I then saw Yidette's blog for the first time, describing her journey to completing this challenege which had me very intrigued. Tikay has now kindly offered to have a look round for some goodies if we set this competition up again.

Level 1   -    60p
    Level 2   -    £1.15
    Level 3   -    £2.25
    Level 4   -    £3.30
    Level 5   -    £5.50
    Level 6   -    £11.00
    Level 7   -    £16.50
    Level 8   -    £22.00
    Level 9   -   £33.00
    Level 10 -   £55.00
    Level 11 -   £82.50
    Level 12 -   £110.00

All players must start from level 1, and progress to the next level with each consecutive win. If at any level, you lose a game, then you must go straight back to level 1 and start again!

Please post up your progress and whether you're still 'live' or have busted, and I will put together a table of people who are doing the best. All results will need to be verified via Sharkscope.

Prizes
    The first 3 unique people to complete all levels of this challenge will win a £55 seat into the Primo on Sunday - So if 1 person completes it 3 times, they will only receive 1 seat to the Primo.

======================================================================

Top Performers...

Dubmaster     - Level 10 WIN
    Wynne1938   - Level 9 WIN
    Achill              - Level 9 WIN
    IDONKCALLU  - Level 9 WIN
    Ryan83           - Level 8 WIN

Dazler             - Level 8 WIN
    Petethepla     - Level 8 WIN
    Massey1337   - Level 7 WIN
    Alan1506       - Level 7 WIN
    MaggiesDad   - Level 7 WIN
    bbMike           - Level 7 WIN
    SuperSnedd   - Level 7 WIN

================================================================================

212 Challengers So Far!...
    Lambert180
    JockBMW
    Petethepla
    FlyingDagg
    Pomfrittes
    Yidette9
    Poppy765
    JingleMa
    Alan1506
    GatlingGob
    Llamas
    Cenachav
    Poppy765
    Belsibub
    Myrrdhin
    Rancid
    Waller02
    Dazler
    HappyNige4
    Ste1722
    Snowhite
    Simonnatur
    Wacko90
    Sara36dd08
    Budgirl
    SolarCarro
    67Bhoys
    Scouse_Red
    DTWBandit
    SlaverFish
    Jummence
    SuperSnedd
    Wynne1938
    MufcScott1
    Any2Suited
    Stackemup
    Joshlarr
    Yorkie74
    Donut64
    Nemoisback
    HypeTing
    IDONKCALLU
    GaryQQQ
    Brrrrrrr
    Cinnanati
    EvilPingu
    Neil1970
    DevonFish5
    BigRick91
    GreekWay
    Tombola123
    Woogie8688
    Gaga87
    HullCheat
    Rolo1
    JstFlippin
    Gerardirl
    Kevcoke69
    Shuv
    JPW33
    lMARKl
    PatWalshh
    Dubmaster
    Glenelg
    Marcus191
    Poshcole
    Maxally
    Boxster
    Liamboi11
    Joshlarr
    MickFoley
    VespaPX
    Chopos180
    TimeForBed
    TheSaint07
    The_Don90
    What_If
    Slykllist
    MrBurns4
    J3ono
    Ryan83
    AuntPeg
    Engy
    Samantha25
    Coleman125
    Zeon49
    Grantos888
    PucPound
    Leesc
    Daibando
    D_Legend
    BeWhereAll
    El_Mogul
    WildC8rd
    Imber
    LabRat64
    AceRag83
    lufc333
    PokerJason
    1Nitro1
    OCall
    Stupendous
    Stuch62
    FCHD
    MKGunner
    icuessex
    MCracken
    Ice_Tiger
    TomRed64
    Floppy15
    JohnConnor
    CGoldie
    Achill
    Nedre
    Thoich
    _4Jacks
    Wartic
    Safc20
    JackDaw
    GuardDog15
    BigBudd_
    Vichelski
    TVSpice
    Smarr
    Neiller
    MySharky
    Bigal36903
    Adey1984
    Macapaca
    S_B_
    DeadLuck
    Batkin88
    Grispino
    BigGirl
    SamBoram45
    MrTurner6
    FoldMachin
    Red_King
    SolidStan1
    MrHappy38
    Kev475
    lcfcfan14
    mewillows
    vegasman
    Eddie1878
    SDodger
    Marcus191
    MaggiesDad
    WWFCBlue
    PlayCards
    BigNoise10
    PKRPar
    Stretch83
    DrRunGood
    Tiercel
    Dalek_x
    PokerGhost
    PokerTrev
    FlushChase
    ira1
    AlfPachino
    Pokey2011
    JnotG
    Alpinenut
    manxman2
    G-master
    day4eire76
    SmellyDog
    RLT16
    Jamie159
    luvBWFC
    Shed313
    Bailey69
    Serge77
    Stuarty117
    Annie_Duke
    CKD
    HoldEmHoty
    Proteas438
    Chrissy89
    bbMike
    TuckerJ37
    SlowHand85
    Samaras666
    Donttelmum
    FlashFlush
    Tsaaaar
    KinichAhau
    Play2win02
    Carl7255
    MrJoeBlogs
    RandyRambo
    MK_Imp
    ConManDan
    BigM19
    Kristyna
    MaureenA
    GAF1
    Timbo333
    MSDOS
    nin777
    GibChaos
    SillySilve
    SighCall
    Marsh477
    Smoki3
    RedVanMan

LockyBhoy
    DivsDream
    Cardu
    BallBoy
    J420
    baygaz7
    JackDaw
    jcooper329
    Wizzlet
    jdsallstar
    lonesome
    NannaShe
    YouMad
    King_Reg
    Doomtrain
    aaronmay11
    Massey1337
    MrsDuck
    SlipWater
    MildSteal01
    Topper_666
    Hat27
    Mac24
    Miragerich

==============================================================

67Bhoys has kindly put together a table showing the amount of profit/loss made for reaching each level, so the most you can ever lose by doing a run through of this is £1...and you could just win £200+ so get on it!!

Level Entry  Prize ProfitCost of Out

0.60        1.00        0.40 -         0.60
           1.15        2.00        1.25 -         0.75
           2.25        4.00        3.00 -         1.00
           3.30        6.00        5.70 -         0.30
           5.50      10.00      10.20           0.20
         11.00      20.00      19.20 -         0.80
         16.50      30.00      32.70           2.70
         22.00      40.00      50.70          10.70
         33.00      60.00      77.70          17.70
    10     55.00     100.00     122.70          22.70
    11     82.50     150.00     190.20          40.20
    12    110.00     200.00     280.20          80.20
    ================================================================================
    I would just like to add a note here about a question I've been asked a few times so far as to whether people who normally play DYMs outside of this competition can continue to play them as normal and here are my thoughts...

Basically, there's alot of people who play DYMs regularly and I don't think this challenge should affect them being able to play. It would also give the reserve effect that Sky would want, by making people play less DYMs than normal.

The way I see it is, you have only failed if you play the relevant level and lose that game. So if you're up to the 60p game, then playing and losing a £5.50 DYM is no different from going and playing an MTT (it's unrelated to the challenge).

So if you regularly play the £3.30 games, then all that matters is when you've won the £2.20 game, the next time you play a £3.30 you'll need to win it. Once you've done that you can lose 50 £3.30s in a row if ya like, because the next game for you (relevant to the challenge) is £5.50.

Good Luck All!
  • edited May 2012
    Right, well I thought I'd get us started off, I've just won a 30p and a 60p one, so I'm up to level 3 now. Don't forget to post how you're doing so the top performers can be in the table

EDIT: Just decided to play my £1.15 game and sadly lost... pretty horrible spot when you've got the nut FH.... on a QTJTT board and you're holding AA, to find he has T9... urgh.

EDIT: Just realised it wasn't the nut FH, I was also beat by QQ and JJ... but still!!
  • edited May 2012
    ill give it a go just off to 30p one now

level 1 on to 2                level 1 on to 2            level 1 on to 2          level 1 on to 2     
    level 2 on to 3                                                level 2 on to 3          level 2 on to 3
    level 3 on to 4                                                                              level 3 on to 4
    level 4 on to 5
    level 5 on to 6
    level 6 on to 7

failed on 7                     crashed on 2              crashed on 3             crashed on 4

level 1 on to 2                level 1 on to 2            level 1 on to 2
    level 2 on to 3                                                level 2 on to 3
    level 3 on to 4                                                level 3 on to 4
                                                                        level 4 on to 5
    crashed on 4                  crashed on 2              level 5 on to 6
                                                                        level 6 0n to 7
                                                                        level 7 on to 8
                                                                        level 8 on to 9
                                                                        level 9 on to 10

crashed on 10   bubbled  rivered  lol
    level 1 on to 2        level 1 on to 2                   level 1 on to 2
                                                                        level 2 on to 3
    crashed on 2          crashed on 2                      level 3 on to 4

crashed on 4

level 1 on to 2        level 1 on to 2        level 1 on to 2       level 1 on to 2
    level 2 on to 3        level 2 on to 3                                   level 2 on to 3
    level 3 on to 4        level 3 on to 4                                   level 3 on to 4
    level 4 on to 5        level 4 on to 5                                   level 4 on to 5
    level 5 on to 6        level 5 on to 6                                   level 5 on to 6
                                                                                        level 6 on to 7
    crashed on 6          crashed on 6        crashed on 2          crashed on 7

• edited May 2012
    I'll give this a go again. Got pretty high last time level 10 I think.
  • edited May 2012

In a 30p 1 now, level 6   6 players left wtf.
  • edited May 2012

4 left level9 ffs
  • edited May 2012

1st level done Paul (marathon lol). Off to work now so will have a serious go later.
  • edited May 2012
    very best of luck to everyone taking on this challenge.

It really is a magical feeling to succeed.

hmmm, shall I have another go? lol

• edited May 2012
    You gotta defend your crown Lorraine!
  • edited May 2012
    Well done lambert this is a great challenge to revive! (I'm in)

Is it just hold'em dyms or can they be PLOmaha/Hi-lo?
  • edited May 2012

Yes Lorraine, do it4the Spurs massive! :-)

Lambo - if I had a crack@this, I would 6 table the 1st six levels so if I was successful it might be that my £2 game finishes b4my £1 game for eg even though I started my £1 game 1st.

Would this be ok?

Priyesh / Jingle.
  • edited May 2012
    im in had a good time when trying i last time
  • edited May 2012
    I'm not sure if this was acceptable last time when IrishRover did it, but I don't see any reason why it would be a problem. I was playing my 30p before, and then loaded up my 60p about 5-10 mins later knowing it would probably finish after the 30p one (although there's no guarantees at these levels).

Like I said, all results will need to be verified via SharkScope anyway, so I'm sure we'd be able to decipher it to see you've all all 12 levels with consecutive wins.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: DYM Laddering Challenge -- Turn 30p into £200 --- Prizes To Be Announced!:
    ill give it a go just off to 30p one now level 1 on to 2 level 2 on to 3 level 3 on to 4
    Posted by petethepla
    Sorry Pete, where are you up to?

Have you won the level 3 game and so are ready to play level 4? (£2.20)
  • edited May 2012
    ill give it a shot
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: DYM Laddering Challenge -- Turn 30p into £200 --- Prizes To Be Announced!:
    Well done lambert this is a great challenge to revive! (I'm in) Is it just hold'em dyms or can they be PLOmaha/Hi-lo?
    Posted by poppy765
    They can be NLHE, PLO or Hi-Lo but obviously they must be 6-man DYMs and must be played in the correct order.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: DYM Laddering Challenge -- Turn 30p into £200 --- Prizes To Be Announced! : Sorry Pete, where are you up to? Have you won the level 3 game and so are ready to play level 4? (£2.20)
    Posted by Lambert180
    yes m8 will play 4th after deepy im in
  • edited May 2012
    Yes Lorraine, do it4the Spurs massive! :-) Lambo - if I had a crack@this, I would 6 table the 1st six levels so if I was successful it might be that my £2 game finishes b4my £1 game for eg even though I started my £1 game 1st. Would this be ok? Priyesh / Jingle.
    Posted by JingleMa
    I think it had to be in the correct order

I am in BTW
  • edited May 2012
    Ok no worries Pete, I've stuck you on the list now... up top at the moment.

By the way, I will be taking down the Level 1 wins etc once we get a few scores in cos I dread to think how big the OP will be if I leave them all in. So it'll probably be reserved for people who get past level 5 or something along them lines. But for now, while we aint had much action, we'll keep track of them all.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: DYM Laddering Challenge -- Turn 30p into £200 --- Prizes To Be Announced! : I think it had to be in the correct order, need to clarify
    Posted by rancid
    Yeah they had to be loaded up in the correct order, so the second your 30p loads, you can register for the 60p and so on, but you can't register in all 6 at once.
  • edited May 2012
    Count me in.  Will start from tomorrow.  Sounds like it could be fun :)
  • edited May 2012
    Donk questioned in another thread how much you actually put in (cos it aint really 30p) to win the £200, so here was my reply/workings out if anyones interested. Not sure it's 100% correct but here it is...

"Well your 30p would become 50p, so you have to contribute and extra 10p to play the next level, then you finish with £1 and have to contribute 15p and come away with £2, then contribute 20p. You then have £4 so you can bank 70p of it and play the £3.30 one, which will give you £6, you can then bank another 50p and play the £5.50. You then have £10 and have to add £1 to play the £11 game which will give you £20. Add £2 to that and win then you come away with £40, so you can pocket the £7 and play the £33 game, which will give you £60. You can then pocket £5 and play the £55 game which gives you £100. Then you add £10 to that, win it, and you got £200 in your pocket :)

Bits in black bold you have to add money to your methaphorical pot... bits of red, is money you can pocket.

So in the end, it costs 55p to win the £200... yeah sounds like a rubbish idea"
  • edited May 2012
    Crashed out at level five, entirely my own fault!
  • edited May 2012
    Count me in.
    Will the 30p i have done already count or will i have to start fresh?
  • edited May 2012
    il have a go lambert, count me in
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: DYM Laddering Challenge -- Turn 30p into £200 --- Prizes To Be Announced! : Yeah they had to be loaded up in the correct order, so the second your 30p loads, you can register for the 60p and so on, but you can't register in all 6 at once.
    Posted by Lambert180
    o right so you can start a 30p, then 60p and so on - doesn't matter when they finish - like if the 60p fininshes before the 30p

i just sat out in my 30p and doubled up without playing a hand - w00000000000000t
  • edited May 2012
    yeah count me in please
  • edited May 2012
    yea i remember this was good fun, im in please.
  • edited May 2012
    just to clarify, i can open up a 60p once the 30p has started and a 1.15 once the 60p has started etc.....??
  • edited May 2012
    Count me in, got to level 5 last time , so better luck this time lol :)