You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

welldone man city

edited May 2012 in Betting Chat
for me the best final day of a season and city deserved to win it played the best through out the season and joey barton lucky boy ya team stayed up :)

Comments

• edited May 2012
    Well done City.....i'm hoarse after screaming so loud at the radio when those goals went in!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to welldone man city:
    for me the best final day of a season and city deserved to win it played the best through out the season and joey barton lucky boy ya team stayed up :)
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Of course as football didnt exist before the prem, it must be the best final day of a season. 

Its not even close to 1989. Two top sides in a head to head winner takes all, and the underdog scores in injury time. They even made a movie about it, will they make a movie about city's acheivement, fantastic as it was, they should have buried qpr. 

• edited May 2012
    2 goals in last 2 minutes for league some acheivement gotta be up there with liverpool v ac milan and man utd v bayern munich 1999
  • edited May 2012
    I have to work with a Man U fan.  Right swarmy g it.  Hopefully this destroys him.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: welldone man city:
    2 goals in last 2 minutes for league some acheivement gotta be up there with liverpool v ac milan and man utd v bayern munich 1999
    Posted by IDONKCALLU

And they where one off games you cant really compare them to title wins. The best was 1989 end of story. 
  • edited May 2012
    Well done City,

I bet that lad with the `Manchester City 2012 Champions ` tattoo was bricking it!!!!!
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to welldone man city : Of course as football didnt exist before the prem, it must be the best final day of a season.  Its not even close to 1989. Two top sides in a head to head winner takes all, and the underdog scores in injury time. They even made a movie about it, will they make a movie about city's acheivement, fantastic as it was, they should have buried qpr. 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    Slightly biased view perhaps..........lol
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: welldone man city : Slightly biased view perhaps..........lol
    Posted by goldnballz
    +1. You should have a proper convo with him about football. 

Every other sentence has an Arsenal reference, no matter what the subject is. Its unreal. 

Q - "Hey Gooner, Helen Chamberlain is fit int she, you know more than 50% of Torquay season ticket holders are female?"

A - "So what? I don't care, If it wasn't for Arsenal, females wouldn't even be allowed in football grounds. In fact, without Arsenal, women wouldn't even exist. Research has proved that the first females on Earth actually had red and white skin, and all looked like Tony Adams "

I wonder if he'll be so quick to mention 'history' in 20 years time, and make multiple references to the naughties in every debate to back up how 'great' Arsenal are. (or were;)

Doubt it :P

He's a Barnet fan anyway, so congratulations on surviving relegation this year, AceBeeeeeee.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: welldone man city : And they where one off games you cant really compare them to title wins. The best was 1989 end of story. 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    I actually agree with this statements being honest. Although winning the CL is a massive achievement its a KO tournament run of the draw is just as important as picking the right team and playing well.

However i will congradulate City.

But really as a Scot im sick of this being talked about as a miricle etc. Its been done before in probably more bizzare cirumstances. All be it in a different league, it still happened.
  • edited May 2012
    awesome brilliant incredible unbeleiveable are just a few words to describe that,,,WELL DONE CITY and thanks from a gooner for some of the best sport ive everseen
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: welldone man city : +1. You should have a proper convo with him about football.  Every other sentence has an Arsenal reference, no matter what the subject is. Its unreal.  Q -  "Hey Gooner, Helen Chamberlain is fit int she, you know more than 50% of Torquay season ticket holders are female?" A - "So what? I don't care, If it wasn't for Arsenal, females wouldn't even be allowed in football grounds. In fact, without Arsenal, women wouldn't even exist. Research has proved that the first females on Earth actually had red and white skin, and all looked like Tony Adams " I wonder if he'll be so quick to mention 'history' in 20 years time, and make multiple references to the naughties in every debate to back up how 'great' Arsenal are. (or were;) Doubt it :P He's a Barnet fan anyway, so congratulations on surviving relegation this year, AceBeeeeeee.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Lolaments loving the rubdown jj, im sure by the time ive come up with a logical response to your post rather than a random pile of drivel as you seem to have posted ill manage to get a few digs in ehhhhh ;).

As i told you yesterday but as usual you sit with your head somewhere that doesnt shine, the 1989  championship was a head to head between the top two in the league.

Yesterday was all about city beating a lowly premiership side to gain their expected first title and boy did they make hard work of it. They couldnt even break down a ten man side until the last seconds for gawd sakes. Yes it was spectacular the way they did it, but if they where a more clinical side like some of the manure, arsenal and chelski sides of recent years it wouldnt even have got to injury time. I can accept yesterday was easily the best ending to a premiership season, but lets pan back to 1989 now shall we. I know you where in nappies and you think that it was ancient history but there where some good sides around in that era too JJ.

Take Liverpool, they won umpteen league titles between the late 60s and the late 80s, in 1989 arsenal where 12-15 points clear at one stage it was our best season in nearly two decades (the last time they won the league prior to that was 1971). Then we hit the wobby patch liverpool came storming back to overtake us in the second from last game, we lost and drew our last two home games meaning that we had to go to anfield and win by 2 clear goals. Today thats the equivalent of going to barca and winning 2-0 if you dont get how awesome Liverpool where at home in those days. The last game was rearranged because of the hillsborough disaster not because of some sky hyped inducement to create a championship decider, try as they have since that havent suceeded in replicating that soo far. So the game itself ebbed and flowed it was end to end, for an arsenal side who where tagged as boring in those days we took the fight to liverpool, to score in the 92nd minute against your closest rival and grab the title from the jaws of defeat at their ground is ultimately the best title finish end of. 

If you where to look at the best club footy match in history, I would gladly put the 1999 CL final ahead of our 89 triumph. But to turn round and blatantly dismiss 1989 shows how much of an ignoramous you are, and lets face it, from what ive heard you say over the last year, it is in more than one way.  

Its amazing how shallow the world has become, in 1989 a footballer would earn a good wage but nothing like the mercenaries tevez and co get at city. They and chelsea have spoiled our game.  

This is a thread from the sunderland forum, they are discussing it at length even though we are talking about yesterday against what was 23 years ago it goes down as the majority. See real footy fans who know what they are talking about. The last thread is very well put. 

• edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: welldone man city : Lolaments loving the rubdown jj, im sure by the time ive come up with a logical response to your post rather than a random pile of drivel as you seem to have posted ill manage to get a few digs in ehhhhh ;). As i told you yesterday but as usual you sit with your head somewhere that doesnt shine, the 1989  championship was a head to head between the top two in the league. Yesterday was all about city beating a lowly premiership side to gain their expected first title and boy did they make hard work of it. They couldnt even break down a ten man side until the last seconds for gawd sakes. Yes it was spectacular the way they did it, but if they where a more clinical side like some of the manure, arsenal and chelski sides of recent years it wouldnt even have got to injury time. I can accept yesterday was easily the best ending to a premiership season, but lets pan back to 1989 now shall we. I know you where in nappies and you think that it was ancient history but there where some good sides around in that era too JJ. Take Liverpool, they won umpteen league titles between the late 60s and the late 80s, in 1989 arsenal where 12-15 points clear at one stage it was our best season in nearly two decades (the last time they won the league prior to that was 1971). Then we hit the wobby patch liverpool came storming back to overtake us in the second from last game, we lost and drew our last two home games meaning that we had to go to anfield and win by 2 clear goals. Today thats the equivalent of going to barca and winning 2-0 if you dont get how awesome Liverpool where at home in those days. The last game was rearranged because of the hillsborough disaster not because of some sky hyped inducement to create a championship decider, try as they have since that havent suceeded in replicating that soo far. So the game itself ebbed and flowed it was end to end, for an arsenal side who where tagged as boring in those days we took the fight to liverpool, to score in the 92nd minute against your closest rival and grab the title from the jaws of defeat at their ground is ultimately the best title finish end of.  If you where to look at the best club footy match in history, I would gladly put the 1999 CL final ahead of our 89 triumph. But to turn round and blatantly dismiss 1989 shows how much of an ignoramous you are, and lets face it, from what ive heard you say over the last year, it is in more than one way.   Its amazing how shallow the world has become, in 1989 a footballer would earn a good wage but nothing like the mercenaries tevez and co get at city. They and chelsea have spoiled our game.   http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=700194&page=5 This is a thread from the sunderland forum, they are discussing it at length even though we are talking about yesterday against what was 23 years ago it goes down as the majority. See real footy fans who know what they are talking about. The last thread is very well put.     
    Posted by ACEGOONER

Really?

Reallllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?????????????

After yesterday, that is the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard.

Looking forward to watching Arsenal beat the Germans in the European cup final next week tho.

Ohhhhhh

Wait.......

I forgot, it's Chelsea innit! Hate them for ruining our game :( Wud much rather watch Bayern v Barca fight for the right to be the best team in Europe!

Having an English team there totally ruins out image as a league! 

;)

• edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: welldone man city : Really? Reallllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy????????????? After yesterday, that is the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard. Looking forward to watching Arsenal beat the Germans in the European cup final next week tho. Ohhhhhh Wait....... ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Funny how again you resort to digs when your arguement is blown out of the water. Not all of us believe the dohhhhh persona you try to create on here. 
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: welldone man city : Lolaments loving the rubdown jj, im sure by the time ive come up with a logical response to your post rather than a random pile of drivel as you seem to have posted ill manage to get a few digs in ehhhhh ;). As i told you yesterday but as usual you sit with your head somewhere that doesnt shine, the 1989  championship was a head to head between the top two in the league. Yesterday was all about city beating a lowly premiership side to gain their expected first title and boy did they make hard work of it. They couldnt even break down a ten man side until the last seconds for gawd sakes. Yes it was spectacular the way they did it, but if they where a more clinical side like some of the manure, arsenal and chelski sides of recent years it wouldnt even have got to injury time. I can accept yesterday was easily the best ending to a premiership season, but lets pan back to 1989 now shall we. I know you where in nappies and you think that it was ancient history but there where some good sides around in that era too JJ. Take Liverpool, they won umpteen league titles between the late 60s and the late 80s, in 1989 arsenal where 12-15 points clear at one stage it was our best season in nearly two decades (the last time they won the league prior to that was 1971). Then we hit the wobby patch liverpool came storming back to overtake us in the second from last game, we lost and drew our last two home games meaning that we had to go to anfield and win by 2 clear goals. Today thats the equivalent of going to barca and winning 2-0 if you dont get how awesome Liverpool where at home in those days. The last game was rearranged because of the hillsborough disaster not because of some sky hyped inducement to create a championship decider, try as they have since that havent suceeded in replicating that soo far. So the game itself ebbed and flowed it was end to end, for an arsenal side who where tagged as boring in those days we took the fight to liverpool, to score in the 92nd minute against your closest rival and grab the title from the jaws of defeat at their ground is ultimately the best title finish end of.  If you where to look at the best club footy match in history, I would gladly put the 1999 CL final ahead of our 89 triumph. But to turn round and blatantly dismiss 1989 shows how much of an ignoramous you are, and lets face it, from what ive heard you say over the last year, it is in more than one way.   Its amazing how shallow the world has become, in 1989 a footballer would earn a good wage but nothing like the mercenaries tevez and co get at city. They and chelsea have spoiled our game.   http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=700194&page=5 This is a thread from the sunderland forum, they are discussing it at length even though we are talking about yesterday against what was 23 years ago it goes down as the majority. See real footy fans who know what they are talking about. The last thread is very well put.     
    Posted by ACEGOONER

I think it would be unfair to say that. Theyve detoryed the englsh game but lets face it Rangers where the first British "Super Daddy" side. We started in the late 80s and handing massive wages (equivelent to the time) to players. Obviously Hysel i think helped Rangers in that time as well, with the English European ban we where able to sign players who wouldnt think twice about the SPL now, theyd look and laugh. This gave us a platform.

I think the platform was correct and steady, until the Advocaat era when mismanaged spending chasing a European dream was done. The players we had some could have done it, i think if we dont lose Mols in Munich we had a chance that season, but Mols was our Messi if you like. That killed any chance we had, big name players at the wrong end of their career comming in on balloned fees and wages then killed Rangers and thats why we are where we are now, i mean £12m for Flo. Its just lol.

But then thats now talking about, whata, coulda, shouldas. We lost our only decent chance over the food posisoning scandal in 1993.

However i thats all i have to say on Sugar Daddy sides, and i hope Rangers become a stark warning for Man City and Chelsea, although i just dnt see it happening.

Greatest games in history. Im biased but Helicopter sunday, Scottish football's equivelent to yesterday, 2005 has it imo. Celtic had to lose at Motherwell and Rangers had to beat Hibs to have any chance of the title. 89 mins gone Rangers are 1-0 at Easter Road. Fir park score says Celtic are also 1-0 up. Then steps up some young kid no-one had heard of called Scott McDonald to score 2 for Motherwell. Rangers win the league. Now that beats all probablity. The funny thing about it was it turned out McDonald was a Celtic fan.
  • edited May 2012
    Again, I'll quote...

"They and chelsea have spoiled our game."

Without Manchester City, United would have had the league wrapped up months ago.

Without Chelsea, all British intrest in the champions league would have ended months ago.

So please, how have those teams ruined 'our' game?

The teams that have made the premiership less of a spectacle, are Liverpool and Arsenal. They have gone massively downhill. They don't even challenge anymore.

They've both become abit of a laughing stock tbh. 
  • edited May 2012
    Again, I'll quote... " They and chelsea have spoiled our game." Without Manchester City, United would have had the league wrapped up months ago. Without Chelsea, all British intrest in the champions league would have ended months ago. So please, how have those teams ruined 'our' game? The teams that have made the premiership less of a spectacle, are Liverpool and Arsenal. They have gone massively downhill. They don't even challenge anymore. They've both become abit of a laughing stock tbh. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    There is no doubt without chelsea and man city inflating transfer fees and salaries to ridiculous levels, that other clubs such as arsenal and liverpool would have players who they attract through their stature and history, for example petr cech and yaya toure spring to mind. So with a more even distribution of the good quality players then you cant say that arsenal, liverpool or any other reasonable side couldnt challenge for trophies. 

I know im giving you another history lesson but Aston Villa, Nottingham Forest, Everton and Ipswich have all won the league in the not to distant past (Villa and Forest won the european cup). By having large concentrations of wealth amongst a few clubs it makes the league less interesting, yes city won it in spectacular style but what are you going to say in ten years time when they are cleaning up and no one else has a chance. Fair play must suceed or our game will go to pot. 

In a way your suggesting that splashing the cash is acceptable is symptomatic of todays I want it now type of attitude. Sad.  

• edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: welldone man city : There is no doubt without chelsea and man city inflating transfer fees and salaries to ridiculous levels, that other clubs such as arsenal and liverpool would have players who they attract through their stature and history, for example petr cech and yaya toure spring to mind. So with a more even distribution of the good quality players then you cant say that arsenal, liverpool or any other reasonable side couldnt challenge for trophies.  I know im giving you another history lesson but Aston Villa, Nottingham Forest, Everton and Ipswich have all won the league in the not to distant past (Villa and Forest won the european cup). By having large concentrations of wealth amongst a few clubs it makes the league less interesting, yes city won it in spectacular style but what are you going to say in ten years time when they are cleaning up and no one else has a chance. Fair play must suceed or our game will go to pot.  In a way your suggesting that splashing the cash is acceptable is symptomatic of todays I want it now type of attitude. Sad.  
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    It's the way it is. Stop living pre 1990......

I've told u this before, leave the past behind you. Move on!

John Terry >>>> Steve Bould imo.

• edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: welldone man city : Lolaments loving the rubdown jj, im sure by the time ive come up with a logical response to your post rather than a random pile of drivel as you seem to have posted ill manage to get a few digs in ehhhhh ;). As i told you yesterday but as usual you sit with your head somewhere that doesnt shine, the 1989  championship was a head to head between the top two in the league. Yesterday was all about city beating a lowly premiership side to gain their expected first title and boy did they make hard work of it. They couldnt even break down a ten man side until the last seconds for gawd sakes. Yes it was spectacular the way they did it, but if they where a more clinical side like some of the manure, arsenal and chelski sides of recent years it wouldnt even have got to injury time. I can accept yesterday was easily the best ending to a premiership season, but lets pan back to 1989 now shall we. I know you where in nappies and you think that it was ancient history but there where some good sides around in that era too JJ. Take Liverpool, they won umpteen league titles between the late 60s and the late 80s, in 1989 arsenal where 12-15 points clear at one stage it was our best season in nearly two decades (the last time they won the league prior to that was 1971). Then we hit the wobby patch liverpool came storming back to overtake us in the second from last game, we lost and drew our last two home games meaning that we had to go to anfield and win by 2 clear goals. Today thats the equivalent of going to barca and winning 2-0 if you dont get how awesome Liverpool where at home in those days. The last game was rearranged because of the hillsborough disaster not because of some sky hyped inducement to create a championship decider, try as they have since that havent suceeded in replicating that soo far. So the game itself ebbed and flowed it was end to end, for an arsenal side who where tagged as boring in those days we took the fight to liverpool, to score in the 92nd minute against your closest rival and grab the title from the jaws of defeat at their ground is ultimately the best title finish end of.  If you where to look at the best club footy match in history, I would gladly put the 1999 CL final ahead of our 89 triumph. But to turn round and blatantly dismiss 1989 shows how much of an ignoramous you are, and lets face it, from what ive heard you say over the last year, it is in more than one way.   Its amazing how shallow the world has become, in 1989 a footballer would earn a good wage but nothing like the mercenaries tevez and co get at city. They and chelsea have spoiled our chances of winning anything again.  http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=700194&page=5 This is a thread from the sunderland forum, they are discussing it at length even though we are talking about yesterday against what was 23 years ago it goes down as the majority. See real footy fans who know what they are talking about. The last thread is very well put.     
    Posted by ACEGOONER

Me thinks this is what you realllly mean.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: welldone man city : There is no doubt without chelsea and man city inflating transfer fees and salaries to ridiculous levels, that other clubs such as arsenal and liverpool would have players who they attract through their stature and history, for example petr cech and yaya toure spring to mind. So with a more even distribution of the good quality players then you cant say that arsenal, liverpool or any other reasonable side couldnt challenge for trophies.  I know im giving you another history lesson but Aston Villa, Nottingham Forest, Everton and Ipswich have all won the league in the not to distant past (Villa and Forest won the european cup). By having large concentrations of wealth amongst a few clubs it makes the league less interesting, yes city won it in spectacular style but what are you going to say in ten years time when they are cleaning up and no one else has a chance. Fair play must suceed or our game will go to pot.  In a way your suggesting that splashing the cash is acceptable is symptomatic of todays I want it now type of attitude. Sad.  
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    +1

you can add Derby county in the ealry 70s to the list

20  premier league seasons only 5 different winners 2 of who brought their titles (blackburn and city)

sorry but most people under 25 have been brainwashed by sky into thinking football started in 1992
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: welldone man city : +1 you can add Derby county in the ealry 70s to the list 20  premier league seasons only 5 different winners 2 of who brought their titles (blackburn and city) sorry but most people under 25 have been brainwashed by sky into thinking football started in 1992
    Posted by BADBOY985
    +1

even as a mutual i will laugh when chelsea and man city go into administration because their owners have thrwn their toy out the pram.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: welldone man city : +1 even as a mutual i will laugh when chelsea and man city go into administration because their owners have thrwn their toy out the pram.
    Posted by The_Don90

How can you say "even as a mutual i will laugh when chelsea and man city go into administration"when its happened to your team?Did you laugh then?
    Of course its going to happen to a big team but as dohhhhhh says this aint the 1980s.Things change in every walk of life,whether we like it or not money talks.Being a Chelsea fan for over 30 years I know what its like to be an unsuccessful team that's why I'm making the most of now cos it aint gonna last forever.
    Football is cyclical.The 70s and 80s were Liverpool's,90s Utds,00s Arsenal and Chelsea and Utds.Now it maybe Citys turn but good luck to them I say.
    For me I'd sooner have 10 or 20 years of success then 50 years of mid-table mediocrity or yo-yoing up and down the leagues.Gotta live for now not in the past.
  • edited May 2012
    so manchester utd have not spent money to win titles,i think you will find they have spent plenty
  • edited May 2012
    i disagree dohhh ima arsenal fan to say they are a joke u whatttttttttt r vp top goalscorer this year we play attractive footy pass n move always ave top 3 again 15 years running dunno how man utd came 2nd in league they have played the worst out of the top 4 clubs this year it does help having howard webb helping man u out all time im so glad man city won the league in FERGIE TIME  i bet with any 1 that arsenal will win trophy next season if r v p stays and i also reckon man city will dominate now they will smash man utd out of the water next year 
  • edited May 2012
    so manchester utd have not spent money to win titles,i think you will find they have spent plenty
    Posted by andybuck
    yes they have but the point i was making was that city (2 billion quid) and blackburn (way more than anybody else at the time) have won it by outbiding and overpaying players in a 1 or 2 year period. chelsea did this for there early sucsess but have calmed down a bit in the last few seasons.
    if some non top player wins golden boot at the euros then city will pay 4 times what hes worth and 200k a week to get him. they will also imo spend about 100 million in the summer for 4 new defenders non of theres are champions league standard.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: welldone man city : How can you say "even as a mutual i will laugh when chelsea and man city go into administration"when its happened to your team?Did you laugh then? Of course its going to happen to a big team but as dohhhhhh says this aint the 1980s.Things change in every walk of life,whether we like it or not money talks.Being a Chelsea fan for over 30 years I know what its like to be an unsuccessful team that's why I'm making the most of now cos it aint gonna last forever. Football is cyclical.The 70s and 80s were Liverpool's,90s Utds,00s Arsenal and Chelsea and Utds.Now it maybe Citys turn but good luck to them I say. For me I'd sooner have 10 or 20 years of success then 50 years of mid-table mediocrity or yo-yoing up and down the leagues.Gotta live for now not in the past.
    Posted by jackda
    yes it did and thats exactly why ill laugh. We where the warning, yet it still will happen. If warnings fall of death ears i will laugh because simply people didnt listen.

I believe that the clubs will be big enough to recover as will Rangers.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: welldone man city : yes they have but the point i was making was that city (2 billion quid) and blackburn (way more than anybody else at the time) have won it by outbiding and overpaying players in a 1 or 2 year period. chelsea did this for there early sucsess but have calmed down a bit in the last few seasons. if some non top player wins golden boot at the euros then city will pay 4 times what hes worth and 200k a week to get him. they will also imo spend about 100 million in the summer for 4 new defenders non of theres are champions league standard.
    Posted by BADBOY985
    LOL vincent kompany is a true world class defender and captain material which would make him walk into any team
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: welldone man city : LOL vincent kompany is a true world class defender and captain material which would make him walk into any team
    Posted by andybuck
    CITY conceded 7 goals in 6 champions league games the only clean sheets were against a poor villareal team and bayern munich after they had won the group.
    they then let in 2 at home against lisbon.
    Kompany is one of the best stopper centre halfs in the premiership as good as Terry at that but to say hes world class your saying hes one of the top 1 or 2 in defenders in the world.
    unless your using the sky/itv speak in which case it means had a good game!
    Mancini spent the second half of the season doing his best basil fawlty at his defenders and the shiekh has got the league title he will like abramovich before him become obsessed chasing the champions league and mancini will know the only way to do this is to defend,defend,defend which is why chelsea and bayern munich are in  the final and barcalona and real madrid arnt this season
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: welldone man city : LOL vincent kompany is a true world class defender and captain material which would make him walk into any team
    Posted by andybuck
    I dont think Kompany would get a game in most Italian sides.

Theres defo lots of fantastic defenders out there, yes Kompany is probably in the top 20, but hes not world class imo.

Aguero is world class in the role he plays, but imo hes the only world class player in the city squad. Personally i think they should be developing players such as Micah Richards.

Yaya Toure i believe arguements could be made for when played correctly. However if he was that good Barca wouldnt have sold him, its not like they needed the money
  • edited May 2012
    kompany is world class he beats any man utd defenders kompany and hart won the league for city bye bye utd city will beat man utd in future :)
  • edited May 2012
    Im loving this thread, all the city 2012 was the best ever finish are like 12 or have a mental age of 12. 

To put this to bed, here is talksports poll, note that talksport hate arsenal. End of argument, 

A whopping 89% in favour of Arsenal(yes with thousands of votes), and JJ was clinging onto a scratching of support on this thread, but thats delusion for you.