You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

welldone man city

Comments

• edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: welldone man city:
    kompany is world class he beats any man utd defenders kompany and hart won the league for city bye bye utd city will beat man utd in future :)
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    wow wow wow, so Because hes better than the defenders in an under-par united side hes world class.

Lets face it United need rebuilding too, dnt have a patch on the uniteds of old.

Kompany couldnt lace Thiago Silva's boots.

As for Joe Hart, best keeper in the Premiership but to compare him to Nauer, Cassias, Akinfeev, Llorris, Buffon would be a massive mistake. Dont get me wrong he will be that good, but he isnt yet.
  • edited May 2012
    im a neutral as a arsenal fan i watched man cits everygame in prem league and kompany is a leader a collusus he was like a tony adams for arsenal a sol cambell in hes hey day wnt let anything get passed him withought him city wouldnt of won the league its not all about fancy football and great strikers this defender won them the league every game he played in was a leader i know teams like barcelona without messi they be ordinary and real madrid without ronaldo they be good but not amazing i think kompany is the same without him i think man utd might of won on goal difference and i hate man utd
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: welldone man city : wow wow wow, so Because hes better than the defenders in an under-par united side hes world class. Lets face it United need rebuilding too, dnt have a patch on the uniteds of old. Kompany couldnt lace Thiago Silva's boots. As for Joe Hart, best keeper in the Premiership but to compare him to Nauer, Cassias, Akinfeev, Llorris, Buffon would be a massive mistake. Dont get me wrong he will be that good, but he isnt yet.
    Posted by The_Don90
    McGregor? ;)
  • edited May 2012
    and this has to do with betting why? post belongs in the football corner
  • edited May 2012
    im a neutral as a arsenal fan i watched man cits everygame in prem league and kompany is a leader a collusus he was like a tony adams for arsenal a sol cambell in hes hey day wnt let anything get passed him withought him city wouldnt of won the league its not all about fancy football and great strikers this defender won them the league every game he played in was a leader i know teams like barcelona without messi they be ordinary and real madrid without ronaldo they be good but not amazing i think kompany is the same without him i think man utd might of won on goal difference and i hate man utd
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    sorry but Sol Campbell world class

I think i wet myself.

Adams was before i gave a donkey about english football so cant comment on him
  • edited May 2012
    i didnt say world class im talkking about leaders  like viera for arsenal scott parker leaders and kompany is a leader does everything in hes body 2 win a game what do u know don scottish football pfffffff if scotkand and rangers were in prem league they both be relegated 
  • edited May 2012
    i didnt say world class im talkking about leaders  like viera for arsenal scott parker leaders and kompany is a leader does everything in hes body 2 win a game what do u know don scottish football pfffffff if scotkand and rangers were in prem league they both be relegated 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    uh oh, lookout, Don's gonna go off on 1 now! ..................
  • edited May 2012
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    At present time yes, In the 90s we'd have killed the premiership (we'll defo eary 90s and competeing late 90s)

Scottish football, name me 4 english managers with the records of Jock Stien, Walter Smith, Sir Alex Fergusson, Bill Shankley

Hows that for leaders?
  • edited May 2012
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    You did say world class
  • edited May 2012
    then talked to about leaders in teams and sol campbell for arsenal was a leader like kompany is to man city alex ferguson i think any manger in that team would win trophies lol not bl oody hard is it 
  • edited May 2012
    proves my point about scottish footy samaras at celtic a awesom player at man city booooooooo man city reject says it all really the class apart 
  • edited May 2012
    then talked to about leaders in teams and sol campbell for arsenal was a leader like kompany is to man city alex ferguson i think any manger in that team would win trophies lol not bl oody hard is it 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    lol Alex Fergusson took over at Aberdeen in the late 70s/early80s took them to the Cup winners cup final v real madrid and won. He then took over a under-par Man Utd side and turned them into a 20 year superhouse rebuilding it constantly.

Now seriously dont try giving me an arguement based on any old clown could have done that. I guarentee you they couldnt.
  • edited May 2012
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    I think you're going slightly over the top here even mentioning Kompany in the same breath as Messi and Ronaldo.Next your be saying he's up there with Bobby Moore and Beckenbauer.Yes he's had 1 good year with city but you cant say he won them the game on Sunday as QPR scored with virtually their only 2 attacks of the game.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: welldone man city : At present time yes, In the 90s we'd have killed the premiership (we'll defo eary 90s and competeing late 90s) Scottish football, name me 4 english managers with the records of Jock Stien, Walter Smith, Sir Alex Fergusson, Bill Shankley   Hows that for leaders?
    Posted by The_Don90
    BOB PAISLEY,BRIAN CLOUGH,BILL NICHOLSON AND HERBERT CHAPMAN
  • edited May 2012
    proves my point about scottish footy samaras at celtic a awesom player at man city booooooooo man city reject says it all really the class apart 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Samaras is terrible, ask any scottish football fan,

Scottish football isnt good? Hmmm, Nikita Jelavic came from Scotland, nuff said.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: welldone man city : BOB PAISLEY,BRIAN CLOUGH,BILL NICHOLSON AND HERBERT CHAPMAN
    Posted by BADBOY985
    Bob Paisley virtually had Shankleys team handed to him Clough ill give you. Nicholson and Chapman i dnt know enough about.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: welldone man city : Samaras is terrible, ask any scottish football fan, Scottish football isnt good? Hmmm, Nikita Jelavic came from Scotland, nuff said.
    Posted by The_Don90
    So did Connor Salmon ;)
  • edited May 2012
    im saying kompany saved them lots of goals which won them the league FACT  without kompany man utd won the league on goal difference imo  hes been immense all year player of the year imo and im arsenal fan close to call btween r v p and kompany   and the don when u have the name man utd and the players they have any tom di  ck n harry could go and manage that team and win trophys spending money each year win trophys if ferguson had wengers job and cdnt spend much there is no way he could do what wenger has done for arsenal we all entitled to are opinion i think ferguson is a ****** and now hes lost the league he be buying howard webb this year for every old trafford game make sure they get a penalty at home does help getting penaltys at home and having extra time 10 mins a game im soooooooo glad city beat man utd in FERGIE TIME HAHAHAHA
  • edited May 2012
    scottish football is like the conference no 1 watches it and its £2 a ticket to get in watch the game a hot dog is more expensive lol 
  • edited May 2012
    scottish football is like the conference no 1 watches it and its £2 a ticket to get in watch the game a hot dog is more expensive lol 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Sighh, many people watch it, it has the biggest and most contraversial derby in the world. You really seem to have no concept. If you think winning the day on the last day of the season is exciting then go watch some scottish football, several times over the last 10 years its happened, 2005 probably beat this years prem for last min excitment. However because sky pump stupid money into the english game, no english youngsters will make it, killing your national side and packing it full of over-rated foringers such and Kompany.

Also have you ever been to a Scottish football game, if so then u have the right to comment if not then beat it.
  • edited May 2012
    im saying kompany saved them lots of goals which won them the league FACT  without kompany man utd won the league on goal difference imo  hes been immense all year player of the year imo and im arsenal fan close to call btween r v p and kompany   and the don when u have the name man utd and the players they have any tom di  ck n harry could go and manage that team and win trophys spending money each year win trophys if ferguson had wengers job and cdnt spend much there is no way he could do what wenger has done for arsenal we all entitled to are opinion i think ferguson is a ****** and now hes lost the league he be buying howard webb this year for every old trafford game make sure they get a penalty at home does help getting penaltys at home and having extra time 10 mins a game im soooooooo glad city beat man utd in FERGIE TIME HAHAHAHA
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Thats a fair point, but you could also say if tevez hadnt spent half the season on the golf course they would have won the league at a canter. As an arsenal fan I would have thought you dont like that they are poaching/trying to poach our players. 

As for city, for all the money spent, they are not a great side, certainly not a patch on the invincibles, I read somewhere today that the invincibles where voted the best premier league side of all time. 
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: welldone man city : Bob Paisley virtually had Shankleys team handed to him Clough ill give you. Nicholson and Chapman i dnt know enough about.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Shankly started the liverpool dynasty and was a great manager paisley took over in 1974 and in nine years won 21 trophies including 3 european cups (when it was a true cup and not just a money making exercise to protect the status quo) a uefa cup, 3 league cups and 6 league titles which eclipsed what shankly did
  • edited May 2012
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Fergusson didnt always have money, he built united with almost no money bringing in youth. Go check ur history before argueing.

Also winning a Cup Winners Cup with Aberdeen is a massive achievement.
  • edited May 2012
    agree ace gooner i think the year where arsenal were the invicibles was the greatest prem league team ever we need a petit in are team he was great im glad podolski is coming hes great still missing a holding midfielder tho 
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: welldone man city : Shankly started the liverpool dynasty and was a great manager paisley took over in 1974 and in nine years won 21 trophies including 3 european cups (when it was a true cup and not just a money making exercise to protect the status quo) a uefa cup, 3 league cups and 6 league titles which eclipsed what shankly did
    Posted by BADBOY985
    fair reply.

Also was Chapman the manager of Arsenal in the 30's
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: welldone man city : Bob Paisley virtually had Shankleys team handed to him Clough ill give you. Nicholson and Chapman i dnt know enough about.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Why do you get involved in these arguments Don?
    You can't argue with the delusional.
    Yes Engerland are better than Scotland,yes English teams are better
    than Scottish teams.So what.
    Every time an English player stands out a bit he suddenly becomes
    the best player in the world in his position.
    Ashley cole was the best left back in the world.
    Stevie G was the best midfielder in the world.
    Wayne Rooney was the best striker in the world.
    And now Joe Harts the best goalie.
    With all these best players in the world,makes me wonder
    how they win f##k all.
    The difference between Scotland and England fans is that
    Scotland fans Know they're cr#p.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: welldone man city : Why do you get involved in these arguments Don? You can't argue with the delusional. Yes Engerland are better than Scotland,yes English teams are better than Scottish teams.So what. Every time an English player stands out a bit he suddenly becomes the best player in the world in his position. Ashley cole was the best left back in the world. Stevie G was the best midfielder in the world. Wayne Rooney was the best striker in the world. And now Joe Harts the best goalie. With all these best players in the world,makes me wonder how they win f##k all. The difference between Scotland and England fans is that Scotland fans Know they're cr#p.
    Posted by igimc
    haha yeah,

I think we have provided some better teams, Id like any one of these people argueing against us to name the first British club to reach a european cup final, or the first british club to win one, maybe they cud even name the first 2 british clubs to win european cups.

Guarenteed they wont name an english side in doing so.

Also maybe they might want to name in UEFA records whos the most sucsessful side in the world. Again i guarenttee its british but not english, lastly would love them to name the side thats won more trophies than any other club in the world (not reconised by uefa) again british, neither english or scottish.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: welldone man city : fair reply. Also was Chapman the manager of Arsenal in the 30's
    Posted by The_Don90
    yes and he also won 2 league titles with huddersfield town
  • edited May 2012
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    think thats quite a daft thing to say, noticed you from west sussex like me what matches do you got to
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: welldone man city : yes and he also won 2 league titles with huddersfield town
    Posted by BADBOY985
    ah yer i know who he is now, yeah ill give u him and paisley. (already gave you Clough)

Bill Nicholson can you talk me through please.