You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HORSES TO FOLLOW- TIPS PLOTS, ETC

edited March 2014 in Betting Chat
Hi all 

andybuck makes a good point in another thread so I am trying to help by putting this thread up to try and get good info on horses to follow.

Wynne and other people post their bets and long may it continue, you might say why is he backing that and look and get info which makes you think I'll back that . Alternatively you might think DOHHHH is such a good tipster you want to follow him blindly.

As you know I dont often put my bets up , mainly because I have this silly notion that if I post it, it wont win. 

However I would like to think there is just ONE thread where you can put your views on a race which might produce a winner  or expound on why you are betting on it.

For Example andybuck said he would follow Ahern after it got left in stalls today. That is good info as people can look at race and decide for themselves. He gave reasoning not just naming a horse. I went big on Ahern today because I saw it absolutely smash a field of four winners in its first race. Ok it didnt come off but unfortunately horses are not machines. However I will back it next time as andybuck is right, it is a sure fire winner waiting to happen. After getting left the jockey didnt give it a hard race and it still finished well. 

The other occurence today that I wished someone had posted was why they picked Princess Highway. As I said in another thread it was the value bet of the whole meeting so far. a 17-2 winner when on all known form it should have been 6-4. I missed it because I bet with my heart on that race and so didnt read what was patently obvious. A post on here would have alerted me to my mistake.

So what I am asking is that if you have good info or a line of form you are taking with a horse post it on here with your reasoning and hopefully people can look and take their chance. ms-tree has certainly done this and is a great help. This is definely better than I am backing XYZ in 3.00 with £wyz although as I said I am not advocating that people who do this should stop.

Lets give it a go shall we in the hope we can beat those bookie fellows.

Father V

Comments

• edited June 2012
    Ok I'll start off

watch out for Field of Dream next time another who lost acres of ground and had to switch and still finished fourth at royal Ascot.

Now another although I cant promise it will win but it is value in 4.25 Ascot on friday. Firstly I looked at Mijhaar 4-1  as it finished just behind Prince of Johanne , winner of hunt cup on Wednesday. however that was over a mile and this is over 1m 2f. Then I looked at Gatewood 10-3 who won at Epsom last time over 1m 2f. But my eyes then fell on OTTOMAN EMPIRE a neck behind Gatewood at Epsom giving 9lbs. Tomorrow he is only giving Gatewood 4lbs for a neck, however he got the run of the race and Gatewood had trouble in running. However Ottoman Empire is 14-1 a huge price if you fancy Gatewood. By the way Lincensed to Till beaten in that race and came out next time and won so the race has good form.

Have to worry about Hyper, Dandadana and Quaraaba and I would'nt put you off them but its Gatewood and Ottoman Empire for me. 

Hope those titbits have helped.

Father V    
  • edited June 2012
    Mijhaar 4.25 Ascot

10 of the last 12 winners have not raced more than twice that season

10 of the last 12 winners were 4yos

First time out at York he ran over 1mile and on good ground, both today's trip and ground will be more in his favour. The winner (Fury) has since ran well in a group 3 race and the 2nd (Prince of Joanne) won the Hunt Cup, Navajo Chief that finished 5th has also won a handicap. I've waited all week to back this horse, and got on last night at 9/2. Good luck with everyone's selections today.

Note: Qaraaba may just run a nice race at EW odds he will love the ground and trip, he's basically a decent handicapper running in a listed race, but he will get the strong pace he needs and might just run into a place at 8/1
  • edited June 2012
    great post farther you have done and said what i meant to do
  • edited June 2012
    Going back to the Ahern race yesterday....

I'm very much new to racing but I liked the look of Morawij who came 4th and started at 14/1. It was cut up about 1f out by that Reckless Abandon and still managed to finish well. It also raced down the centre away from the pack on the far side, so a good performance imo.

Anyone else agree?
  • edited June 2012
    Good post Fr.  Like you I had Ahern yesterday and would DEF back again. 
  • edited June 2012
    3.45 ASCOT  SAMITAR came out on top at the Curragh under a confident ride from Martin Harley and runner-up Ishvana franked the form in Wednesday's Jersey Stakes. There's no reason why she won't reproduce that form here 
  • edited June 2012
    One winner so far , good start
  • edited June 2012
    outsider to have a small ew tmoz 3.05 ascot CALICO CAT,small stable good jockey booking,,ive followed this after seing it finish like a train 1st time out chester,it then narrowly won at thirsk,and then it run its best race todate in its last finishing 4and a half lengths in front of gulf of naples when coming 2nd without to hard a ride imo.gulf of naples just missed out a place for me in the gold cup ,,deffo worth seing this  horses 3 races so far,,small ew stakes advised
  • edited June 2012
    also thought hugh taylors fav horse qaraaba ran a cracker today ,think if it runs at a course with a bigger straight after last bend it will be winning again with the HEAD WAITER ON AGAIN,
  • edited June 2012
    Cloudy Spirit 17.35 Ascot

Overturn is by far the class horse in the race rated 112 where as the selection is rated 82, However its guaranteed to stay the 2miles 5 furlongs  as its won over 3 miles over NH fences. It won last time out at York and because its a conditions race doesn't have to carry the extra 10lb for winning the race, if the ground is soft I think it could run a massive race as it will stay all day. At 25/1 its a decent bet to small stakes.
  • edited June 2012
    I like Cloudy Spirit as well but to a certain extent a fave of mind as I gave it as a horse to follow over hurdles. also Dark Ranger did nothing for the form earlier in week.  

andybuck , I am slightly worried re Calico Cat as last race was 1m 6f on good to firm , does it like softer ? Gulf O Naples certainly wouldnt have liked the ground that day either. For myself I cant see past Red Cadeaux 2nd to st nicholas Abbey last time but again I'll have to look tomorrow re form on softer. agree with you on price though 33-1 to 13/2 is a big difference.

Ilike ANOTOLIAN in 5.00 and hoping Goldolphin might hit a run soon. Lots of horses in this race met behind High Jinx,  and him and my selection pulled a few lengths clear. 

As to others , the BOSUN BREESE form has been franked by a number of horses and he runs again in 1.55 Ayr tomoz. 9-2 not tremendous but still could be good.

Father V 
  • edited June 2012
    Thought I would be brave and use this thread to start FATHER'S FOUR CANDLES RATINGS.

The idea is to give 4 horses on the top racing days which I think have a chance. 

Four Candles iiii is my highest rated horse down to i for my least fancied. 

So here goes for today

iiii -ANATOLIAN 5.00 Ascot - second to High Jinx last time 5 lenghths ahead of a lot of horses in this race. Wont mind the ground and trading sround 9-1.
    Backed in but didnt run very well as if he was good enough he could have done a Camborn who won from last to first. Cambourn looks more like the horse to follow although Anatolian might be better on str8 course. also M Al Zarooni not firing as he should.

iii -BACCARAT 2.55 Ayr - won impressively last time out and shouldnt mind the ground. Could look very good thing if winning this race.
    Backed from 3-1 to 13/8, never looked happy on course or ground , very disappointing. Best watched from now on.

ii - BOSUN BREESE -1.55 Ayr - on a roll and has beaten a number of horses who have won since including Rasaman the other day. Form of its wins working out well and still think its on the upgrade. currently 9-2
    Won at 11-2 hard held , still improving

i -RED CADEAUX -3.05 Ascot- as this is such a high quality race it leads me to make this my one candle tip although this horse has run in all the high class races around the world and performed very well. Ground should favour him more than some of others and ran very well to finish second to St nicholas Abbey on fast ground, easy course over this trip. I think this harder course and ground give him a major chance. 9-1
    Good run in 3rd and wouldnt have won even though he got tapped for toe as Sea Moon and others made their move off the bend. Dunaden confirmed Melbourne Cup form so ground not as bad as I hoped. Back up a bit in trip , perhaps at Newmarket July meeing I will be having another go. 

Father V   
  • edited June 2012
    Oh well my first attempt got off to a very good start and then tailed off LOL
  • edited June 2012
    camborne upped 13 lbs and won very very impressively, another superb ride from young Buick, patient and concise, this horse could yet defy a further rise in future
  • edited June 2012
    the cat didnt run the race i thought it would ,,,,i apolagise i was drunk all this week, one to follow though but they might have let the cat out of the bag to early,if this had of set off with a really low grade race could of mopped up.having said that i remember  a horse called SENDINTANK which reminds me of this horse,,the difference was SENDINTANK was a soft ground only horse not sure what this wants yet as the FATHER stated earlier,,could be an interesting horse to watch this 1,,,,
  • edited June 2012
    This Saturday's Four Candles ratings.

Remember 4 candles is my highest rating.

iiii OUR JONATHAN - 2.15 Newcastle -5/2 -ok not much of a price this one but last time out met all trouble in running at Salisbury. This is a top class horse and if it gets any run at all it will win. Also if it does get on LIBRANNO 3.35 Newmarket as it beat Our Jonathan last time out and won this race last year. well Libranno franked the form the only trouble is Our Jonathon flopped out of stalls and then eased when chance gone.

iii - TIPPING OVER -2.30 Newmarket - 9/2 Last time out beat Ask Dad who won this week and more to come from this horse. Not as good as I thought and Hannon knew City Image better then his Ask Dad.

ii - MASS RALLY -2.45 Newcastle - 8-1 . Last time out didnt get best of runs behind Rasaman , however Rasaman didnt either. However as I did Rasaman I followed another horse which finished close up in this race and it won during week quite easily. I think the form is good and this horse is used to carrying big weights.
    Never wanted to win this race, jockey put him behind a wall of horses from the off then gave it a very easy race. Still finished fifth

i - PALAZZO BIANCO -3.20 Newcastle -15-2. Ok this is the Plate and you must give Ile De Re (Don McCain), Chester Cup winner a great chance as he knows how to get one ready for this race and horse will like ground. He beat Gulf of Naples who ran a good race in Ascot Gold Cup and although he is tough I cant see him reversing form after such a hard race. This is 3f shorter than Chester and I fancy my selection. The reason he is only my one candle rating is the other two horses i have talked about. However last time out he got bashed twice in a 2m Haydock race and had to get himself together and still finished strongly in 3rd. I fancy he is a bit better class than Ile De Re so I will go with him. Didnt have stamina to get 2m in this ground, I still fancy he will pop up in a long distance handicap on better ground. At least I had a saver on Ile de Re

Good luck all

Father V     
  • edited June 2012
    james fanshaw has been quiet this year,yesterday he had 2   2 year old runners first won at a big price so i backed the 2nd one ew at 50s finished 2nd ran a blinder ,worth keeping an eye on his next few runners .
  • edited June 2012
    Knew this idea of tipping winners was a wrong move. they are all losing now LOL

Father V
  • edited June 2012
    Tell me about it father, very hard at moment to pick horses, but allwys next week to try again lol.

gl all if having a bet this week.
  • edited June 2012
    ces la vie ms tree.

undaunted I will give another horse to follow.

Greek War -won easily at Newmarket Friday night in handicap debut. He will get a stiff rise but still in front of handicapper.
  • edited July 2012

Danzoe (IRE) 16/1 59-10 Christine Dunnett58**»
     Tom McLaughlin

Held up in midfield, progress from 2f out, shaken up to lead 1f out, drifted left near finish, just held on (op 12-1)

«

shd Mucky Molly 22/148-12 Olivia Maylam46**»
     Neil Callan

Dwelt, driven and well in rear before halfway, switched left and progress 2f out, stayed on well final furlong, just failed (op 25-1)

«

nse Huzzah (IRE) 7/179-10 Paul Howling58** 
     Amir Quinn

Steadied start, held up in last and well behind, steady progress on wide outside from halfway, shaken up and closed inside final furlong, just failed (tchd 13-2 and 15-2)

«

½ Mr Fickle (IRE) 15/8F39-10 Gary Moore65**»
     George Baker

Dwelt, rousted along and well in rear before halfway, stayed on well from over 1f out, gaining at finish (op 9-4 tchd 7-4)

«

1 Anjomarba (IRE) 6/159-10 Conor Dore58**»
     Hayley Turner

Led after 1f and grabbed rail, driven and headed 1f out, one pace (tchd 13-2)

«

Microlight 16/148-13 vJohn E Long47**»
  • edited July 2012

Just a bit of info I read about  years ago that can help pick winners
    It was yesterday and horse was Lucky Molly
    If You look at its form 2nd at linglfield and the draw of the horses
    1st five home were drawn high but lucky molly was drawn low
    So if it was drawn high same day it may have won
    This system is helpful in shorter races ie 5f to a mile or so
  • edited July 2012
    good to point these things out ukjoe, but that run was on the 16/6 has ran twice since 25/6 came in 5th then last time out (yesterday at brighton) it won at odds of 7/2.

so not really one to follow now, although still handicapped to go in again.
  • edited July 2012
    the eyecatching field of dream runs tomorrow, ryan moore gets the leg up. ill keep faith with captain bertie in same race all the same, who was even more eyecatching during the spring mile as we all remember
  • edited July 2012
    SHANTARAM.

is 14-1 for Ledger, GET ON, this is a gross horse which will only get better as he is still a bit of a baby. Camelot was good in Derby but will he get trip, will he improve I dont think so where as this horse will only get better with better ground.

Only problem is if this weather continues and it is soft at Doncaster. However we have got to have a dry spell sometime, ie a summer and worth a risk that august and September will see better ground.

Father V
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: HORSES TO FOLLOW- TIPS PLOTS, ETC:
    SHANTARAM. is 14-1 for Ledger, GET ON, this is a gross horse which will only get better as he is still a bit of a baby. Camelot was good in Derby but will he get trip, will he improve I dont think so where as this horse will only get better with better ground. Only problem is if this weather continues and it is soft at Doncaster. However we have got to have a dry spell sometime, ie a summer and worth a risk that august and September will see better ground. Father V
    Posted by vaigret
    Nice post! Nice horse!
  • edited July 2012
    just back from a great day out watching the racing at dundalk - had zalanga 33/1 e/w in last race, broke out of stalls poorly and giving lengths upon lengths away before storming up to place like a rocket and wasnt for stopping. goes in the little black book
  • edited July 2012
    Four Candles ratings for 14/7/12

iiii John Louis 13-2 5.05 Newmarket Won at 11-2

iii Area Fifty One 8-1 3.00 York Loser, but the winner 33-1 reversed the form, HOW? although the ground might have got mine beat. 

ii Hototo 3.50 Newbury 9-2 beat Newmarket winner Alhayeb at Ascot. didnt show and obviously weighted out of it. I thought I got the winner with my second string Satsuma only for it too get mugged on line 

i Josephine Blanche 20-1 3.35 York Germans got the hang of coming over here and winning our races now . Did it break down or was the jocky over cautious ? Found out now, the saddles slipped
  • edited July 2012
    Love it!" Germans got the hang of coming over here and winning"But we fought a great battle and poked the gerry's in the eye for queen and country!...Agree with Hototo, will bet it as i don't think it got enough credit for that win last time.
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: HORSES TO FOLLOW- TIPS PLOTS, ETC:
    also thought hugh taylors fav horse qaraaba ran a cracker today ,think if it runs at a course with a bigger straight after last bend it will be winning again with the HEAD WAITER ON AGAIN,
    Posted by andybuck

QARABA runs at newbury today ive lumped on ,newbury with the big straight should suit just hope it handles the ground