You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HORSES TO FOLLOW- TIPS PLOTS, ETC

Comments

• edited July 2012
    At last my four candles nap comes up. Well done Tiger Louis.

Others not so good but got Bonnie Brae as well
  • edited July 2012
    a bad day at black rock,still theres always tmoz.for me the flat is a lottery and even more of a lottery at the mo
  • edited July 2012
    Should have had Fork Handles at chester won at 11-4
  • edited July 2012
    i very nearly backed it farther
  • edited July 2012
    so did i andy

story of my life

shoulda
  • edited July 2012
     A HORSE CALLED HOLLYWOOD ALL STAR SHOULD BE WORTH FOLLOWING.
    i BET IT ON 11TH JULY FINISHED VERY CLOSE 4TH HAVING BEING HELD UP AN DIDNT MAKE ITS MOVE TILL LATE ON  OVER 1M 1F  AT LINGFIELD.

• edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: HORSES TO FOLLOW- TIPS PLOTS, ETC:
    Ok I'll start off watch out for Field of Dream next time another who lost acres of ground and had to switch and still finished fourth at royal Ascot. Now another although I cant promise it will win but it is value in 4.25 Ascot on friday. Firstly I looked at Mijhaar 4-1  as it finished just behind Prince of Johanne , winner of hunt cup on Wednesday. however that was over a mile and this is over 1m 2f. Then I looked at Gatewood 10-3 who won at Epsom last time over 1m 2f. But my eyes then fell on OTTOMAN EMPIRE a neck behind Gatewood at Epsom giving 9lbs. Tomorrow he is only giving Gatewood 4lbs for a neck, however he got the run of the race and Gatewood had trouble in running. However Ottoman Empire is 14-1 a huge price if you fancy Gatewood. By the way Lincensed to Till beaten in that race and came out next time and won so the race has good form. Have to worry about Hyper, Dandadana and Quaraaba and I would'nt put you off them but its Gatewood and Ottoman Empire for me.  Hope those titbits have helped. Father V    
    Posted by vaigret
    Told ya

25-1 lubbly jubbly

shoulda included it in my four candle ratings
  • edited July 2012
    ii - MASS RALLY -2.45 Newcastle - 8-1 . Last time out didnt get best of runs behind Rasaman , however Rasaman didnt either. However as I did Rasaman I followed another horse which finished close up in this race and it won during week quite easily. I think the form is good and this horse is used to carrying big weights.
    Never wanted to win this race, jockey put him behind a wall of horses from the off then gave it a very easy race. Still finished fifth

This horse then finished 2nd in 5f sprint at Ascot which has worked out very well with Barnet Fair, Taajub and Fratellino finishing 1st, 2nd and fifth a week later.

So Mass Rally should be followed at 5f on stiff course or 6f on easier.

Also Jet Away from Henry's yard, backed for York race latest and absolutely pulverised as he made his run.

• edited August 2012
    camborne upped 13 lbs and won very very impressively, another superb ride from young Buick, patient and concise, this horse could yet defy a further rise in future
    Posted by BELL_POKER

runs york 340
  • edited August 2012
    Ive been on it for about a month now, having said that the price hasnt contracted much since LOL
  • edited September 2012
    get on Scrapper Smith next time it runs over !m5 f to 2 miles. Watch Chester 2.30 on 1st September if you want to know why.
  • edited September 2012
    ii - MASS RALLY -2.45 Newcastle - 8-1 . Last time out didnt get best of runs behind Rasaman , however Rasaman didnt either. However as I did Rasaman I followed another horse which finished close up in this race and it won during week quite easily. I think the form is good and this horse is used to carrying big weights. Never wanted to win this race, jockey put him behind a wall of horses from the off then gave it a very easy race. Still finished fifth This horse then finished 2nd in 5f sprint at Ascot which has worked out very well with Barnet Fair, Taajub and Fratellino finishing 1st, 2nd and fifth a week later. So Mass Rally should be followed at 5f on stiff course or 6f on easier. Also Jet Away from Henry's yard, backed for York race latest and absolutely pulverised as he made his run.  
    Posted by vaigret
    Well I did tell you back in July and at last this horse gets a bit of luck in a big race lets hope Taajub also does the business later
  • edited September 2012
    Ok I'll start off watch out for Field of Dream next time another who lost acres of ground and had to switch and still finished fourth at royal Ascot. Now another although I cant promise it will win but it is value in 4.25 Ascot on friday. Firstly I looked at Mijhaar 4-1  as it finished just behind Prince of Johanne , winner of hunt cup on Wednesday. however that was over a mile and this is over 1m 2f. Then I looked at Gatewood 10-3 who won at Epsom last time over 1m 2f. But my eyes then fell on OTTOMAN EMPIRE a neck behind Gatewood at Epsom giving 9lbs. Tomorrow he is only giving Gatewood 4lbs for a neck, however he got the run of the race and Gatewood had trouble in running. However Ottoman Empire is 14-1 a huge price if you fancy Gatewood. By the way Lincensed to Till beaten in that race and came out next time and won so the race has good form. Have to worry about Hyper, Dandadana and Quaraaba and I would'nt put you off them but its Gatewood and Ottoman Empire for me.  Hope those titbits have helped. Father V    
    Posted by vaigret
    Lets hope we get another in 3.10

oh well cant win them all and hamperwed a bit when coming for a run, wouldnt have beaten winner though but might have got placved
  • edited September 2012
    Sorry I didnt post it on my Four Candles on 29/9 but I had Idler and he must be followed well ahead of handicapper. If you have any doubts watch 4.50 Newmwrket
  • edited September 2012
    i was in blackpool yesterday and forgot about one i had booked down ,SPIRIT OF SHANKLEY ,BUMPER horse that looks one to follow ,i lumped on it at massive prices for the aintree bumper last year only for it to be withdrawn,
  • edited October 2012
    SHEBABEEK

spotted by cleansweep 3/10/2012 -2.00 Salisbury.

Missed the break and in behind a wall of horses for most of race.

Couple of times closed up in race, once he got a clear run he ppicked up horses hand over fist and wasnt given a hard ride.

Father V
  • edited October 2012
    agreed farther
  • edited October 2012
    i was in blackpool yesterday and forgot about one i had booked down ,SPIRIT OF SHANKLEY ,BUMPER horse that looks one to follow ,i lumped on it at massive prices for the aintree bumper last year only for it to be withdrawn,
    Posted by andybuck
    be interesting to see how spirit of shankley runs today first time over hurdles in a good race at kempton .managed to get on lastnight at 9to2 ew for a smallish amount,want to see it jump before the stakes are higher on the bet.
  • edited October 2012
    how did he jump? seent he result and that was it. has drifted like the provberbial barge on oddschecker for the supreme novices and id kept him in mind at this early stage for this. not to say theres not significant improvement away from kempton and even if not up to taking top honours in novice division will still be plenty of races to be won with him one would think/hope
  • edited October 2012
    jumped well ran well very pleasing run 1st time over timber,,one to follow
  • edited October 2012
    bell think aintree will be a target
  • edited October 2012

im too lazy to search the profile on sportinglife but he won a bumper there didnt he?

• edited October 2012
    ill add tony martins BOG WARRIOR to this, injury cost him majority of last season but had a horse the quality of flemenstar, no less, behind in second, and quite a bit behind at that last autumn. Penciled in to make long anticipated return at the down royal november festival, running on Sat 3rd. Which is good news to me as ill be there!!! Mouths watering at seeing this one in the flesh, hope all potential remains intact.
  • edited October 2012
    WONDERFUL CHARM has debut for Paul Nicholls tomorrow at Chepstow, best price 7/4 fav, can see him going in here for trainer who targets this race with his novices before going onto much bigger and better things, even at this stage id imagine he will be leading contender for one of the novice hurdles come march. Ive already got him on my list for Tote 10 to follow when that starts
  • edited November 2012
    TALAB from dessie hughes yard , vaigret has pointed out on other thread the form of his 3rd to HUNTERS LODGE last month is working out very well with a host of next time out winners. TALAB will need it good, so will be waiting until springtime at least, but is definately interesting judging that run and maybe Dessie will bring him back over in March ill certainly be waiting in interest
  • edited November 2012
    I don't know whether its good info or not but I've just put my afternoon bets on at my local bookies.
    And was stood at the counter next to a punter who collected several thousand pounds from ante post bets last Cheltenham festival.
    He backed three horses ante post in a £100 Win Patent and a £150 e/w treble
    The horses he backed were
    Long Run 8/1 Gold Cup
    Dynaste 8/1 RSA chase
    Far West 10/1 Triumph Hurdle
    It could be the size of his bets are proportional to his bankroll but he seldom comes in the shop when he does it's usually to visit the payout counter.
  • edited November 2012
    ill be backing dynaste wherever he goes, though hell go off a short priced fav on the day.

far west has looked good but over the years we havent seen the triumph winner on the most part until december at earliest, and mostly in new year, so theres bound to be something lurking behind the wings, and could even be from the Nicholls yard. There are some exceptions, countrywide flame saw a racecourse as early as August i think before success in March

we wont learn an awful lot about long run tomorrow IMO given the bottomless ground, id be more interested at how he run s in the KG. at this stage I would think a second season chaser will win the big one at the festival , and theres quite a few to choose from
  • edited November 2012
    Ok Williams Wishes was getting a stone and a half off Champion Court but he was also coming from nearly two years off. Champion Court top rated form and he absolutley walked all over him in the 2.45 Ascot.

If the handicapper doesn't kill him with too much weight he could run up a sequence of 7 or 8 wins on the trot. 4 in a row already.
  • edited December 2012
    MORE OF THAT trained by jonjo oneil 

Just won the 2 oclock at folkestone really nicely, first time over hurdles not sure on the quality of the others definatly worth keeping an eye on.
    the replay is aviliable on atr would be greatful for any opinions as its hard to be odjective when youve back it at 20/1 lol. 
  • edited December 2012
    Badboy,

I agree looks very good although he didnt jump a couple of the fences very well and two were missed out. However he didnt have too. Very impressive and should be followed although I dont think we will get that price again as AP wont miss him again.

also Utopian the horse he beat has beaten Tour D'argent in a NH flat race.