You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

1.5/3: Hero Call?

edited July 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Villain is a random amateur. Snap called flop and turn then instapots river. hmmm...

Comments

• edited July 2012
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceoffshootSmall blind £1.50£1.50£367.97zingBig blind £3.00£4.50£295.50 Your hole cards89   style2737Fold    villain
    Call £3.00£7.50£943.13offshootRaise £10.50£18.00£357.47zingFold    villain
    Call £9.00£27.00£934.13Flop  767   offshootBet £18.00£45.00£339.47villain
    Call £18.00£63.00£916.13Turn  J   offshootBet £45.00£108.00£294.47villain
    Call £45.00£153.00£871.13River  J   offshootCheck    villain
    Bet £153.00£306.00£718.13offshootCall?
  • edited July 2012
    He prolly has got f all, but a check call with nine high? Mr offshoot, you sir are *'ing crackers. Rather shove than call lol least he'll fold king high flushes draws or similar hands.
  • edited July 2012
    I think you've left the name in on the first instance Shoot.

Well the line makes no sense from the villain.  They represent very little.  Maybe a slow played 7 after limp/calling pre with A7s or some connector with a 7.  JsXs maybe too.  Many more draws in their range, busted straight and flush draws.  Plus I guess they could be calling down with a pair lower than sixes and pot to steal after being counterfeited.

However, we have 9 high with the two pair on board.  If they are as your reads have them do we beat enough of their bluffs?  It'll be a sick call Shoot, I think you're ahead some of the time but not enough IMO.

Better spots on the horizon probably.
  • edited July 2012
    I am hoping this is a brag post and that 9 high was good cos that would be a sick call!

Assume villan had a counterfitted baby PP if so.
  • edited July 2012
    45ss is all your beating )

• edited July 2012
    jamming is way better than calling
  • edited July 2012
    Please say this was a mastercash table... I so much want your nine to be winning. :)
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: 1.5/3: Hero Call?:
    I think you've left the name in on the first instance Shoot. Well the line makes no sense from the villain.  They represent very little.  Maybe a slow played 7 after limp/calling pre with A7s or some connector with a 7.  JsXs maybe too.  Many more draws in their range, busted straight and flush draws.  Plus I guess they could be calling down with a pair lower than sixes and pot to steal after being counterfeited. However, we have 9 high with the two pair on board.  If they are as your reads have them do we beat enough of their bluffs?  It'll be a sick call Shoot, I think you're ahead some of the time but not enough IMO. Better spots on the horizon probably.
    Posted by TommyD
    +1

I think the main problem here is we are behind to some of there bluffs aswell as there value betting hands. 
    However, I would assume he checks back 88-1010 on the river aswell as an busted A high flush draw and possibly k high. He MAY also check back the river with 66 thinking your checking to induce a bluff with his missed draws and random floats. When we take all this into consideration I think he will show up will underpairs and 45 a fair amount of the time, just not enough to justify a call against a random unkown.
  • edited July 2012
    lol you're so bad, get a job.
  • edited July 2012
    lol you're so bad, get a job.
    Posted by beaneh
    No thanks. I prefer to just play this poker thing every once in a while. I think i'm nearly getting the hang of it.
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: 1.5/3: Hero Call? : No thanks. I prefer to just play this poker thing every once in a while. I think i'm nearly getting the hang of it.
    Posted by offshoot

you're really not though.

keep improving lol
  • edited July 2012

surely you should consider the reverse implied odds if you call and he flips Q10 of spades.. Surely you would be on crazy tilt. Just put it in no need to show off.

• edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: 1.5/3: Hero Call? : you're really not though. keep improving lol
    Posted by beaneh
    You having a bad day? Losing again? Don't worry. It'll turn around eventually. Keep plugging away.
  • edited July 2012
    Someone else feels the wrath of beaneh.

Charming young man.

If it was any1 else they'd be forum banned, such is life I guess.

• edited July 2012

Offshoot, teach me how to win at poker and I'll teach you how to wind beaneh up. like a 20+ page thread wind up.

PM me............

;)
  • edited July 2012
    Someone else feels the wrath of beaneh. Charming young man. If it was any1 else they'd be forum banned, such is life I guess.
    Posted by splashies
    In general I just provide a sh it tonne of free advice and help very sorry.

You should thank offshoot for never posting any strat then now expecting 'good input'.

Tbf my advice to get a job is top notch relative to his skill level, if anything I should be less honest.
  • edited July 2012

Mr Beane

I dunno why your being so abusive to Mr Shoot, but i guess u guys have got some sik history

sure is entertaining tho...:)

• edited July 2012
    Mr Beane I dunno why your being so abusive to Mr Shoot, but i guess u guys have got some sik history sure is entertaining tho...:)
    Posted by GREGHOGG

It's hardly a good thread or a realistic hand considering how stupidly tight he plays, as if he's calling here, let alone the fact calling is so lol moronic it shows he has no grasp of what he's doing.  (whole hand is well played imo).

Let's go and continue discussing all his previous excellent strat posts. oh wait n/m sure happens. Obviously he's posted so much good content I couldn't see it.
  • edited July 2012
    I thought beaneh was joking?

It's hard to tell in text!

Can you please insert some happy or sad smiley's so I know if you are angry or not? ;)
  • edited July 2012
    I thought beaneh was joking? It's hard to tell in text! Can you please insert some happy or sad smiley's so I know if you are angry or not? ;)
    Posted by donkeyplop

now smileys are a good idea.

I RIKE SMIREYS

:--------------D

:-----O

• edited July 2012
  • edited July 2012
    he did call
    Posted by zing
    looool so it's a moronic look how great I am I play awful on every street but still win becuase my opponents are worse. so incredibly dumb.
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: 1.5/3: Hero Call? : It's hardly a good thread or a realistic hand considering how stupidly tight he plays, as if he's calling here, let alone the fact calling is so lol moronic it shows he has no grasp of what he's doing.  (whole hand is well played imo). Let's go and continue discussing all his previous excellent strat posts. oh wait n/m sure happens. Obviously he's posted so much good content I couldn't see it.
    Posted by beaneh
    I dont know what im doing so posting strat would be counterproductive.

I didnt post the hand looking for an answer. I just thought it might generate discussion.
  • edited July 2012
    i like ice cream..!! mint choc chip with choc sauce..!! mmmmmmmmmm

• edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: 1.5/3: Hero Call? : I dont know what im doing so posting strat would be counterproductive. I didnt post the hand looking for an answer. I just thought it might generate discussion.
    Posted by offshoot
    Yeah theres no way you can justify calling here against a random unkown but it is interesting to hear yours and others thoughts.
  • edited July 2012
    You mean thought it would be a good brag.
    Can discuss though? 
    What about pre flop? 
    I personally am big fan of iso'ing the fish oop with 9 hi 2 fds 
  • edited July 2012
  • edited July 2012
  • edited July 2012
    he didn't win
    Posted by zing
    So your telling me after all this 9 high wasnt good v a guy whos called us 2 streets.

I must got and re-read/watch every holdem post/book/progromme i can find and re-understand poker. I always rhought 9 high was the nuts. ;)
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: 1.5/3: Hero Call? : So your telling me after all this 9 high wasnt good v a guy whos called us 2 streets. I must got and re-read/watch every holdem post/book/progromme i can find and re-understand poker. I always rhought 9 high was the nuts. ;)
    Posted by The_Don90
    most boring reply ever