You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NEW CHALLENGE

edited October 2012 in Poker Chat
OK im going to try a new challenge that i think will help my poker and hopefully prove a point.
ive took my account down to zero and i will start with a bankroll from my c4p.
im the type of player if i win 1000s im ok if i lose it i dont rely on poker money for bills etc and i dont put much into poker so what i win in poker im prepared to lose in poker but i want to try the traditional bankroll management challenge.
so i will strictly stick to the rules of 5% of br per cash table and 3% per tournament.
i will keep this updated after each session posting my wins/loss my biggest win hand my biggest lose hand.
im genrally a 50nl player so by these rules i will need to get 1k in my br to be back to my tables.

what i hope to gain from this:
hope to gain a good br management skill that ive never used before
want to start from the lowest table to prove to others on forum and myself that these tables can be beat if played correctly
improve my game by earning my way up the levels

well people wish me luck im away for a week but as soon as i play any poker il update this

hope i can do this ;)

p.s. i think my c4p bonus this month will be 200 pounds so that will be my starting roll

Comments

• edited August 2012
    Best of luck with your challenge! I'm quite quiet on these ol' forums but I do keep an eye on the other diaries and no doubt yours is going to be another interesting and inspirational one to read and keep an eye on.

200 squid is a nice little starting roll that gives you a bit of flexibility to get going.

How come you never really used BRM, or did you only use it on a basic level or not really had a need for it before? If the latter what are you doing differently now that you didn't before?

Anyway once again best of luck to you in your challenge.
  • edited August 2012
    hi DrRunGood
    good luck m8
    if yours is anything like my challenge,you could be in for quite a ride,
    plenty of 'up's & downs'shall we say.
    hope you succeed with it.
    best wishes:)
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    good luck
    should be an interesting read
  • edited August 2012
    I presume you'll be playing NL10 then?
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: NEW CHALLENGE:
    I presume you'll be playing NL10 then?
    Posted by died
    i will be but i will start at 4nl and play it for a little while first and not just skip to 10 nl
  • edited September 2012
    Have you started yet DrRunGood? I play alot of 4NL and haven't seen you at any of my tables... thankfully!
  • edited September 2012
    P.S. Be nice if you could post in the new comers thread here in General Poker Chat :)
  • edited September 2012
    Have you started yet DrRunGood? I play alot of 4NL and haven't seen you at any of my tables... thankfully!
    Posted by Lambert180
    i havent started yet mate im going to use c4p cash so just waiting for that to hit my account plus im doing alot of research on my play this week for the past month. look forward to playing you mate but tbh im hoping i can pass the 4nl fast to avoid the slog it could become

plan is to really win 10buyins of each level befor i move up.

1 thing you could answer tho mate ive been watching a few 4nl games but i notice not really alot of tables or may be the times im looking as i would be planning to play 4-6 tables at a time.

prob be looking for advice from you lambert as i hear your the daddy at this level

p.s. how do i repost it in the new players thread?
  • edited September 2012
    Best of luck with your challenge! I'm quite quiet on these ol' forums but I do keep an eye on the other diaries and no doubt yours is going to be another interesting and inspirational one to read and keep an eye on. 200 squid is a nice little starting roll that gives you a bit of flexibility to get going. How come you never really used BRM, or did you only use it on a basic level or not really had a need for it before? If the latter what are you doing differently now that you didn't before? Anyway once again best of luck to you in your challenge.
    Posted by DeaDFl0P
    good post with great question really got me thinkin but my aims in the game. 200 is alot to start i know alot of new players dont have this sort of starting roll and people who start this much usualy go to alot bigger levels aka myself lol. Ive never used brm before because never needed it to be honest as ive said before i dont reg cash out so have had no need to be ultra carefull with my cash. If i used alot of cash in a session id usualy drop down build up and come back or try bink a big tourny i guess that a good thing. The reason why im wanting to take control of brm is i want to build a roll for a trip out to vegas during wsop next year and hopefully have enough to go play some cash games and tournys and try win myself into the main.
  • edited September 2012
    There's a thread in General Poker Chat called 'New to the Forum? Introduce Yourself', I meant posting in there, just follow the lead of me/others, just trying to keep the forum more friendly.

I work 9-5 so never play during the day, but I only ever play 5-6 tables and I have no problem finding enough running. I'd estimate there's usually 30+ tables running most evenings, so there's enough to play 5-6 and still be able to dodge a few of the nits who multi-table just waiting for QQ+ and AK.

Feel free to PM me or, post a message on my diary and I'll help you how I can (although i suspect you're a far better player than me lol). Go have a look in my diary, look at the most recent hand I posted in there with the AKo, and that's the fun stuff you have to look forward to :p
  • edited September 2012
    hi DrRunGood good luck m8 if yours is anything like my challenge,you could be in for quite a ride, plenty of 'up's & downs'shall we say. hope you succeed with it. best wishes:) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    im really looking forward to it mate the ups as well of the downs are the attraction to poker if it was all ups it be pretty boring and we would just win a set amount and leave. I dont know bout yourself but its the down nights i learn the most but my game and come back the next time to play alot better till i get sloppy again. i took a look at your post really good read and see your doing really well i will use that as an inspiration thanks
  • edited September 2012
    good luck should be an interesting read
    Posted by walesboy
    thanks il try keep it interesting
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: NEW CHALLENGE : i havent started yet mate im going to use c4p cash so just waiting for that to hit my account plus im doing alot of research on my play this week for the past month. look forward to playing you mate but tbh im hoping i can pass the 4nl fast to avoid the slog it could become plan is to really win 10buyins of each level befor i move up. 1 thing you could answer tho mate ive been watching a few 4nl games but i notice not really alot of tables or may be the times im looking as i would be planning to play 4-6 tables at a time. prob be looking for advice from you lambert as i hear your the daddy at this level p.s. how do i repost it in the new players thread?
    Posted by DrRunGood
    i always 6 tabled at nl4 and during my time the only time you'd stuggle to get seatedon 6 tables was between about 3am-10am. most evenings they maxed out and new tables werent spawing. you shouldnt have much trouble finding games,even if you have to start tables they fill up quite quickly
  • edited September 2012

I am playing in the primo but any winning will not be included in my bankroll challenge

• edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: NEW CHALLENGE : i always 6 tabled at nl4 and during my time the only time you'd stuggle to get seatedon 6 tables was between about 3am-10am. most evenings they maxed out and new tables werent spawing. you shouldnt have much trouble finding games,even if you have to start tables they fill up quite quickly
    Posted by TINTIN
    good to know thanks im expecting to lose more buyins at this level more than any other but i think it will be the quickess level to pass aswel would you think thats a fair opinion?
  • edited September 2012
    Just forget bluffing, and forget semi-bluffing 99% of the time. Get your money in when you have decent made hands and you can't go far wrong.
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: NEW CHALLENGE : good to know thanks im expecting to lose more buyins at this level more than any other but i think it will be the quickess level to pass aswel would you think thats a fair opinion?
    Posted by DrRunGood
    you could pass this level quite quickly but i think it depends how much volume per day you play. its like all levels where if its against u that day then theres nothing you can do. ive had many 10+ buyin days playing there but i was playing a lot between 8-10 hours so on a good day i'd be winning a buyin per hour ave over the 6 tables. idone a diary a couple of months back where i charted my progress over the month at nl4. it you want to search and give it a read its called "Beating the unbeatable-a quest" it will give you an idea of what my days were like grinding nl4
  • edited September 2012
    Just forget bluffing, and forget semi-bluffing 99% of the time. Get your money in when you have decent made hands and you can't go far wrong.
    Posted by Lambert180
    thats why i making the assumption that i will lose alot of buyins because i know you do get alot of calls and wont avoid badbeats, on the flip side i think i will hit the 40 quid mark fast as i will get bad calls no disrespect to 4nl players but people over call. tbh if im at your table lambert il be back to complete basics i will not be getting fancy i think this must account for 99% of people complianing about this level they try get too fancy and get called and beat.
  • edited September 2012
    hi dr rungood good luck in your challange m8 will be reading this daily when you get going

also when you get your c4p you starting on 10nl?
  • edited September 2012
    hi dr rungood good luck in your challange m8 will be reading this daily when you get going also when you get your c4p you starting on 10nl?
    Posted by liamboi11
    thanks mate no il be starting at 4nl eventho 200 quid gives the br to start at 10nl the reason for this is i have been involved in alot of debates bout the 4nl being "unbeatable" and its better to play higher so im trying to prove a point at this level my aim would be to win 7-10 buyins (profit) at each level before moving on

• edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: NEW CHALLENGE : thanks mate no il be starting at 4nl eventho 200 quid gives the br to start at 10nl the reason for this is i have been involved in alot of debates bout the 4nl being "unbeatable" and its better to play higher so im trying to prove a point at this level my aim would be to win 7-10 buyins (profit) at each level before moving on
    Posted by DrRunGood
    ok but having played with you b4 you I think you will defo crush this level and be playin 50nl in no time m8

gl at the tables
  • edited September 2012
    Well  John I reckon you'll find it pretty unstimulating playing the low limits after going as high as NL200 recently and you like certainly seem to like getting involved in the big pots so I predict a reload and a return to NL50 by about the middle of the month.

Best of luck either way tho pal.
  • edited September 2012
    GL DrRunGood 'Run Good' :) and gl with your challenge.
  • edited September 2012
    Well  John I reckon you'll find it pretty unstimulating playing the low limits after going as high as NL200 recently and you like certainly seem to like getting involved in the big pots so I predict a reload and a return to NL50 by about the middle of the month. Best of luck either way tho pal.
    Posted by SJspanky1
    il be mixing my game up mate between sats stt and cash and i do like getting into the big pots. going to the micro stakes tho lets me try new things and improve my multi tabling. you just want me back on 50nl to keep toping your br up lol hopefully il be back soon mate
  • edited September 2012
    You can beat 4NL if you know how to spell the word 'POKER'. It really is so so soft. The people who say it's unbeatable are losing players who don't know how to take bad beats.
  • edited September 2012
    You can beat 4NL if you know how to spell the word 'POKER'. It really is so so soft. The people who say it's unbeatable are losing players who don't know how to take bad beats.
    Posted by died
    i think this is a narrow minded and disrespectful remark as i know of alot of good player that play 4nl that could rival alot of players at 100nl and its this sort of thinking that alot of people jump into the 4nl level thinkin they can walk it.
  • edited September 2012
    can't remember properly but pretty sure coxylboro dropped 10 buyins at 4nl during his bankroll challenge blog, n hes someone that completely destroys the cash games higher up lol
  • edited September 2012
    i can never beat 4nl and i play 10 nl and 20nl and do well on that i find it very hard on 4nl as i like to do moves and i bluff a fair bit and none of that gets thru on 4 nl u cant bluss as people will call u down and u need to play supertight abc if u are going to crack this level and be very disciplined i get alot more respect with my bets on bigger cash tables and people will fold i dnt play 4nl that much only if theres a forum cahs game  

good luck tho dr run good 
  • edited September 2012
    It's a simple case of adjusting your game. People who can't beat 4NL, can't adjust their game. It's no different if you were playing 100NL live and had a table full of complete idiots calling everything, you wouldn't make moves would you? You just adjust to the game, and the adjustment with 4NL is that most people are loose passive, call too much pre, call too much post, and stack off too light (all good things for us).
  • edited September 2012
    ncolley not being rude u have to adjust ya game like paul said playing 100 nl then going to 4nl u have to plat sooooooooooooooooooooooo much tighter basically fold till u get the top 10 hands in poker and then play it hard