You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£5 DYM....Target 5K..b/roll £1,161.69

edited December 2012 in Poker Chat
well done :)

/)/)
(o.o)
(")(")0

Comments

• edited December 2012

just had my 1st decent result playing £5 & £3 dym's

WON £79.00  HOOOORAAAAY.

thought it was worth posting as not exactly had the best of days away from the tables.

(* *)
           ^
    dev
  • edited October 2012
    Well done, you've definatly had a good day at the tables! ;)

Sorry to hear about whatever else has gone on.
  • edited October 2012
    wd dev, i can,t touch em at mo,you ever had them times when everthing you do u sink,pairs into bigger pairs, i even ran a fh into a bigger fh lol. so pm with sum tips lol..
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: £5 DYM....NO PROBLEM.:
    well done :)  /)/) (o.o) (")(")0
    Posted by mewillows
    ty mewillows

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • _G__G_
    edited October 2012
    Nice one Dev
    You started a new challenge yet, or still thinking what to do this time.
    Glen
  • edited October 2012
    Well done, you've definatly had a good day at the tables! ;) Sorry to hear about whatever else has gone on.
    Posted by BUFC
    ty BUFC

yes,deffo counts as a good day for me.
    been waiting a long time it seems for that day,but i guess in reality it's not been that long since i started playing DYM's more seriously.
    looking back i was only playing £1 games on 1/5/12 at the start of my challenge,quickly followed by £2 games then the £3's.
    so what's that about 5 months in total,i guess,so not quite as bad as i first thought.
    although that's not counting another 2 years of practise before that.  lol

yes,it has all been blown out of proportion,i feel,but never the less, i said what i said and that can't be changed.
    for every action there is a re-action,which i clearly wasn't expecting and i will have to live with it.
    i know that my conscience is clear and so that is all that matters to me.

ty again for the kind words.
    best wishes
    :)
    dev
  • edited October 2012
    wd dev, i can,t touch em at mo,you ever had them times when everthing you do u sink,pairs into bigger pairs, i even ran a fh into a bigger fh lol. so pm with sum tips lol..
    Posted by wayne1958
    ty wayne

yes m8,i've had plenty of them days.
    my challenge taught me a number of things,which will be invaluable to me forever.
    patience...got to have it
    character,..the same
    determination
    brm
    look at the BIG PICTURE and not just 1 bad days result.
    effort...nobody's going to give you their money,you have to earn it.
    practise...the more i play the luckier i get("yes,i know it's a corny old saying...but it's true.")
    multi-tabling...got to be done,the more you can play the better.find your optimal number could be 3 or 4 or 12-15. (or even 19 as i had going last night....lol)

had a funny well not so much funny,more ironic i think,incident whilst i was playing last night.
    £5 dym on bubble,i just got river card i think from memory,which gave me a full house and the nuts.
    opponent goes all-in on me ....great...
    my battery goes on my mouse...can't do a thing...
    so i'm frantically trying to change the battery(got a spare one all ready as always)....
    to late...
    i've folded and lost.
    "what a time to go on me?"
    so it happens to us all m8.  lol

best wishes
    dev
  • edited October 2012
    Nice one Dev You started a new challenge yet, or still thinking what to do this time. Glen
    Posted by _G_
    hi _G_

ty m8,
    not really given it much thought tbh.
    i'm building up my b/roll atm.i've got to get back up to the £1000 mark again.
    i am now back up to £874 from £570 since my challenge finished just over 2 weeks ago.
    (but that does include a £97.50 win from a free bet i had on the Ryder Cup).
    so happy just grinding DYM's for the moment.

best wishes G
    dev
  • _G__G_
    edited October 2012
    Hi Dev
    You started something with the KK thread, now where you coming from, it does happen, but if it does good kuck to them, great thread though,

Glen
  • edited October 2012
    Hi Dev You started something with the KK thread, now where you coming from, it does happen, but if it does good kuck to them, great thread though, Glen
    Posted by _G_
    lol
    cheers m8
    (* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited October 2012
    Nice one Dev! 
  • edited October 2012
    Wow, I don't mean to rub it in abuot losing that game but I'm shocked you aint got things set up to avoid that happening, especially if you got 18 tables going. Just have a hardwire mouse on your desk incase battery ever goes.
  • edited October 2012
    Nice going bud
    be a while before i get to the £5 tables ... still bashing out the occasional game at £3 & £2... use my winnings to play in the Monday night DTD , which i love.

Mick
  • edited October 2012
    Congrats on your recent success dev. Just getting back on the 4nl this weekend £25 so far
  • edited October 2012

one thing i did learn years ago never ever ever use a battery mouse, and always keep a spare.lol, keep it going dev...

• edited October 2012
    Congrats on your recent success dev. Just getting back on the 4nl this weekend £25 so far
    Posted by gaga87
    I had one once with a docking station to charge while I was away from the computer. Might be worth a look if wireless is the preferred device
  • edited October 2012
    Wow, I don't mean to rub it in abuot losing that game but I'm shocked you aint got things set up to avoid that happening, especially if you got 18 tables going. Just have a hardwire mouse on your desk incase battery ever goes.
    Posted by Lambert180
    yes Paul,lesson learnt.
    it's the 1st time that it has cost me money tbh,so i can't really complain.
    it normally only takes me about 10 seconds or so to change it just so happened to be at the absolute wrong time,but i'll deffo add a hardwire mouse from now on.
    best wishes with your own cash challenge.
    dev
  • edited October 2012
    Nice one Dev! 
    Posted by stretch83
    ty Nick,
    yes running hot atm...
    just hope i can keep it going.
    gl buddy
    dev
  • edited October 2012
    Nice going bud be a while before i get to the £5 tables ... still bashing out the occasional game at £3 & £2... use my winnings to play in the Monday night DTD , which i love. Mick
    Posted by VespaPX
    ty Mick,
    glad u r enjoying the Monday night  DTD.
    best wishes
    dev
  • edited October 2012
    Posted by gaga87
    ty buddy,
    well done yourself,£25 up at nl4 is a great result.
    having played there many times myself i know just how hard it can be to win any money there at all.
    best wishes
    dev
  • edited October 2012
    one thing i did learn years ago never ever ever use a battery mouse, and always keep a spare.lol, keep it going dev...
    Posted by wayne1958
    hi wayne,
    think i've just joined the club  lol

just happen to love my mouse and the extra freedom i have with it being cordless,but will be taking all the advice on board and in future have a spare one ready.
    best wishes
    dev
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: £5 DYM....NO PROBLEM. : ty buddy, well done yourself,£25 up at nl4 is a great result. having played there many times myself i know just how hard it can be to win any money there at all. best wishes :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    It seems like people are playing a bit more seriously at this level than they used to. Which is good for those of us who haven't got the br for higher stakes but still want a decent game of poker.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: £5 DYM....NO PROBLEM. : It seems like people are playing a bit more seriously at this level than they used to. Which is good for those of us who haven't got the br for higher stakes but still want a decent game of poker.
    Posted by gaga87
    have to agree with you,i have been trying to win at the £5 level for a few months now.
    it is definately a step-up from the £3 level.
    i must now try and back this win up with another,otherwise it will all have counted for nothing.
    i know it won't be easy,wouldn't want it any other way though.
    good luck yourself m8.
    dev
  • edited October 2012
    Posted by Lambert180
    just been down to computer shop & treated myself to a new mouse...
    no battery,just a hardwire.it's a Microsoft sidewinder x3 gaming mouse so will try it out tonight.
    @ £29.99 it better be good & bring me luck.  lolz
    (* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited October 2012
    9/10/12
    Monday,
    not a very good session tonight.
    i got off to a really bad start and tbh i was probably trying to play to many tables to quickly.
    (had 21 in play.....to many)  lols
    lost £41.00

which i deserved to and could have been a lot worse,if i'm being totally honest.
    b/roll is still pretty good though

£834.47

so no complaints.
    c4p was great tonight won 410 so happy with that.  total 1539

still ,i am going to spend the next week or so playing the £5 games,mixed in with my usual £3's.
    it is definitely feeling a lot more comfortable for me now than it once was so i am hopeful that the break through that i am desperately looking for,might not be to far away...
    well fingers crossed anyways.

i am not going to turn this into another challenge or diary or anything,but i think i will just post up 'as and when'
    anything exciting might happen.
    dev
  • edited October 2012
    9/10/12 Monday, not a very good session tonight. i got off to a really bad start and tbh i was probably trying to play to many tables to quickly. lost £41.00 which i deserved to and could have been a lot worse,if i'm being totally honest. b/roll is still pretty good though £834.47 so no complaints. c4p was great tonight won 410 so happy with that.  total 1539 still ,i am going to spend the next week or so playing the £5 games,mixed in with my usual £3's. it is definitely feeling a lot more comfortable for me now than it once was so i am hopeful that the break through that i am desperately looking for,might not be to far away... well fingers crossed anyways. i am not going to turn this into another challenge or diary or anything,but i think i will just post up 'as and when' anything exciting might happen. :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Managed to bump into you tonight, it was.........fun...... shall we say..

Gl Bud

Gary

• edited October 2012
    In Response to Re: £5 DYM....NO PROBLEM. : Managed to bump into you tonight, it was.........fun...... shall we say.. Gl Bud Gary
    Posted by Largearce
    hi Gary,
    yes m8 i remember seeing you.
    hope u had a better nite than me.  lols
    gl
    dev
  • edited October 2012
    tuesday,
    9/10/12

day off work due to it raining,so loaded up some £3's & £5's as usual.
    got off to a horrible start to the session AA into 99 and lost an all-in.AA again into 56 (i think) all-in pre-flop,came out something like  478. total joke.
    anyway,carried on playing just the £5 games.had a certain johnconnor on my tables,which is always nice.
    finished the session £19.55 up so very happy to get back on track again after last nights loss.
    back later tonight.i might try just the £5's again,depending on how many tough 'reg's' are about.
    be lucky
    (* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited October 2012
    tuesday
    9/10/12
    part 2

back playing £5 games only tonight.also cut back on number of tables to 12/13.

seemed to do the trick...

won £37.50  hooooraaaay.

b/roll £890.52  c4p  1849

my new target now is to hopefully carry on grinding at the £5's,and if successful build my b/roll up to £2000
    and then have a proper attempt at the £11's....
    but you all know me & my plans.  lols

night all.
    dev
  • edited November 2012
    wednesday
    7/11/12

haven't posted for nearly a month,so quick up-date.
    still playing £5's mixed in with some £3 games
    only been playing 9 tables usually 4/5x£5 and 4/5x£3
    b/roll dropped back to £729 but it's now back up to £900.21

so no real progress  made in monitory terms but i'm happy with the way i'm playing.
    i know i have been running pretty bad for the last 2/3 weeks or so and i'm confident that things should move forwards again hopefully quite soon.
    still enjoying the challenge of playing the £5's and although it's frustrating that my b/roll isn't better than it is,
    at least i'm now holding my own playing at this level,which is an achievement in itself i think,after having made a number of attempts previously,all without success.

still got a long way to go before i can even think about the next level,the £11's but i'm sure it's possible.
    it's all very simple,one day at a time and keep on trying to improve...
    that's all i can do.

run good.
    dev