You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£5 DYM....Target 5K..b/roll £1,161.69

Comments

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: £5 DYM....Advice needed,please.:
    wednesday 21/11/12 won £2.50 £500 freeroll thursday  22/11/12 £5 games               won 10 +£45.00                lost 6  -£33.00                           ----------                          +£12.00 £3 games               won 18  +£48.60               lost  13  -£42.90                            ---------                           +£5.70                won £17.70                b/roll £1,068.89                 c4p  173  total 3491 = £48.87 to come. another ok night. mixed the 2 levels...again.which i know i said i wouldn't do,but i just feel it gives my game a good balance atm. playing 12 tables tonight and playing both levels pretty much the same,i think. made a few loose calls here and there,but pretty happy with my game over-all. i guess being passive's not going to get the job done,so if i make the odd mistake,i'll have to learn to accept it and move on. night all :) dev                              
    Posted by devonfish5
    yet another winning night wd m8.....you crush these dyms :)
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: £5 DYM....Advice needed,please. : yet another winning night wd m8.....you crush these dyms :)
    Posted by waller02
    hi Ryan,

ty m8.
    just been reading your post up,couldn't really decide what to say about the AQ hand.
    think u just got unlucky tbh.
    anyway,keep plugging away mate.i'm sure you will get there in the end.

best wishes
    dev
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: £5 DYM....Advice needed,please. : hi Ryan, ty m8. just been reading your post up,couldn't really decide what to say about the AQ hand. think u just got unlucky tbh. anyway,keep plugging away mate.i'm sure you will get there in the end. best wishes dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    i'm never goin to war with it against 90% of players....he was just in the 10% that i would and he had a hand for once lol
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: £5 DYM....Advice needed,please. : i'm never goin to war with it against 90% of players....he was just in the 10% that i would and he had a hand for once lol
    Posted by waller02
    sod's law mate.

at least you got the thought you did nothing wrong,and would prob do the same again.
    just stings a bit losing that amount though.

dev
  • edited November 2012
    Why do you have such a big BR for £3 and £5 games? I think it would be good to cash a load of it out - Maybe back to the £600 level or something and use that money soley as a treat. Maybe a small holiday or something. Would really make you feel good about what your doing.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: £5 DYM....still grinding away:
    Why do you have such a big BR for £3 and £5 games? I think it would be good to cash a load of it out - Maybe back to the £600 level or something and use that money soley as a treat. Maybe a small holiday or something. Would really make you feel good about what your doing.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    It just depends what works for the individual. I'm comfortable playing the £5s with a £100 br, whereas others won't feel comfortable playing them with a £5000 br. If it works for you, it works for you. Although +1 to the holiday idea! Get some sun on your skin for Christmas as opposed to that Exmouth Sun sir ;) 
  • edited November 2012
    Posted by FlashFlush
    that's a fair point FlashFlush.
    the reason i have such a big b/roll for the £3 & £5 games is quite simple....
    i've earnt it.
    i've put in the hours & hours of practise,learnt how to play 15 tables and more importantly learnt how to beat these DYM games.
    i did withdraw £500 2 months ago,and gave it to my nephew,for his future 18th birthday,so my b/roll after that was just over £500.
    that made me feel quite good.

as to holidays.they don't really interest me tbh.as i'm single,what would be the point.
    xmas is coming and i usually have around 2 weeks off work then.

i'll continue grinding and hopefully building my b/roll,and when i feel the time is right,i might eventually drop the £3's and move up to the £11's to go with the £5's.
    well that's the long term goal anyway.

hope that explains.
    best wishes
    :)
    dev

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: £5 DYM....still grinding away : It just depends what works for the individual. I'm comfortable playing the £5s with a £100 br, whereas others won't feel comfortable playing them with a £5000 br. If it works for you, it works for you. Although +1 to the holiday idea! Get some sun on your skin for Christmas as opposed to that Exmouth Sun sir ;) 
    Posted by patwalshh
    hi Pat,
    not sure about the Exmouth sun mate,plenty of rain that's for sure.  lol

dev
  • edited November 2012
    Well the holiday was just an example.

Obviously it's up to you, if you don't "need" the money then yeah keep grinding up the levles. Just for me personally I rely on poker winnings as income, so I regularly cash money out. Even if it's to buy something small or whatever, it's just a nice feeling cashing that much out and knowing the hard work has paid for stuff. I have a 2nd bank account where once my main account is high enough I don't need to worry about bills etc then I cash it out into there, from that I can then take the family on holiday or buy a new car etc etc. Everyone is different as we know and all get a pleasure from different things... I'm just a bit worried you may get a bit stale, especially during bad spells and think is this 15 tabling really worth it, if all your seeing is your Sky BR going up but not your personal 1.
  • edited November 2012
    Well the holiday was just an example. Obviously it's up to you, if you don't "need" the money then yeah keep grinding up the levles. Just for me personally I rely on poker winnings as income, so I regularly cash money out. Even if it's to buy something small or whatever, it's just a nice feeling cashing that much out and knowing the hard work has paid for stuff. I have a 2nd bank account where once my main account is high enough I don't need to worry about bills etc then I cash it out into there, from that I can then take the family on holiday or buy a new car etc etc. Everyone is different as we know and all get a pleasure from different things... I'm just a bit worried you may get a bit stale, especially during bad spells and think is this 15 tabling really worth it, if all your seeing is your Sky BR going up but not your personal 1.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    hi again FlashFlush,
    ty for the post.
    yes for me poker is purely a hobby,atm.but thankfully a winning one.
    i wouldn't be playing if i was losing money,that's for sure.
    obviously it is different for you,as you have said,using poker winnings as income.
    must be quite tough when you get on a downswing i'd imagine.
    as for myself,i have withdrawn £1300 out from my sky poker account in total.with that money i bought myself a 2nd 27" monitor and an i7 pc earlier this year,plus a few other odds n ends.
    so it hasn't all been just about building my b/roll.
    the fact is i actually enjoy the challenge of building my roll,and trying to work my way up through the levels,and continually test myself, and as long as that continues,i'll carry on grinding,day after day.
    as to the 15 tabling,i now find it as easy as someone else that might be playing 6 tables,for example.
    i have played 18 on a number of occasions and even had 21 going on one session.
    in fact i had cut it down to 9 whilst in the process of moving up to the £5's,but got a bit bored,so am now playing more like 12 again, most sessions.
    as to the possibility of me getting stale.it's not going to happen.
    as long as my body allows me to  keep on playing and my mind stays strong,i'll carry on.

best wishes
    dev

• edited November 2012
    friday  23/11/12

£5    won 16  +£72.00
           lost  11  -£60.50
                        ---------
                        +£11.50

£3    won 13  +£35.10
           lost  11  -£36.30
                        ----------
                        -£1.20

lost £0.50 £500 gtd freeroll

won  £9.80

b/roll  £1078.69

c4p  207  total 3698 = £51.77 to come.

another small win,so happy.
    2nd £5 winning session in a row.must be some kinda record for me.  lol
    also,1st time i've played more £5 games than £3 games in a session for a long time,which i think shows my confidence is slowly growing playing them.
    not getting to carried away though,as i know only to well just how quickly things can change.but it's progress...
    at long last!!!

night all
    dev
  • edited November 2012
    softly softly dev
    good to see it coming together
    gl
  • edited November 2012
    softly softly dev good to see it coming together gl
    Posted by GELDY
    ty buddy.
    (* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited November 2012
    saturday  24/11/12

£5  won  15  +£67.50
          lost  14  -£77.00
                       ----------
                       -£9.50

£3   won  13  +£35.10
           lost  8  -£26.40
                       ---------
                      +£8.70

lost £0.80

b/roll  £1077.89

c4p   208
    total  3906 = £54.68 to come

ok session,didn't run well or play well really,so happy only losing 80p.
    happy with the extra c4p i'm getting now i've increased the number of £5 games i'm playing.
    playing 12 tables,which is just about right for me,atm.

back for another session later.
    good luck all.
    dev
  • edited November 2012
    saturday  24/11/12

part 2

£5  won 22  +£99.00
          lost 18  -£99.00
                     ----------
                       £0.00

£3  won  14  +£37.80
          lost  6    -£19.80
                       ---------
                       +£18.00

won £3.25  24/647 £500 gtd freeroll

total won  £21.25

b/roll  £1099.14

c4p  257
    total 4163 = £66.61.

managed to break even with the £5's tonight,which although isn't great,is acceptable.
    the good old £3's ensured the win,which is why i am reluctant to drop them completely atm.
    played 15 tables tonight,which could be 3 to many only time will tell.
    happy with how the c4p are now increasing.

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited November 2012
    sunday  25/11/12

£5  won 7  +£31.50
          lost 5  -£27.50
                    ---------
                     +£4.00

£3    won  5  +£13.50
           lost   2  -£6.60
                       ---------
                      +£6.90

won £10.90
                +£0.50 freeroll
                   ---------------
                  +£11.40

b/roll  £1,110.54

c4p  84
          total  4247 = £67.95 to come.

just a quickie,
      ran awful so happy with the w.

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited November 2012
    sunday  25/11/12
    part 2

£5  won  6  +£27.00
           lost  1  -£5.50
                      ---------
                      +£21.50

£3  won  4  +£10.80
          lost  1  -£3.30
                      ---------
                     +£7.50

won £29.00

b/roll  £1,139.54

c4p  50
            total  4297 + £68.75 to come

short session.got off to a good start,so 'booked the win' and have an easy night after last night's grind.

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited November 2012
    monday  26/11/12

£5  won 21  +£94.50
          lost 16  -£88.00
                     ----------
                      +£6.50

£3  won 19  +£51.30
          lost  7   -£23.10
                       ---------
                      +£28.20

won  £34.70

b/roll  £1,174.24

c4p  263
      total 4560 = £72.96 to come.

bit disappointing losing last 2 £5 games on the bubble,but another small win.
    good old £3's keep me moving forwards,again.
    loving the extra c4p the £5's are bringing me.

up around £350 so far this month,so very happy with my progress,
    still looking to improve my figures for the £5's but it's been a massive effort just getting here,so one small step at a time.

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited November 2012
    tuesday  27/11/12

£5  won 19  +£85.50
          lost  13  -£71.50
                       ---------
                       +£14.00

£3  won 16  +£43.20
          lost 11  -£36.30
                       ---------
                      +£6.90

won  £20.90

b/roll  £1,194.14

c4p  255
    total 4811 = £76.98 to come.

b/roll has only gone up by £19.90 for some reason,don't know why.
    anyway,got off to a horrible start tonight,but somehow managed to grind out the win,which is pleasing.
    nice to see the £5's out-doing the £3's ,for a change.
    played 15 tables again tonight,still not sure if i should go back to playing 12.as long as i'm winning i guess it doesn't really matter to much.
    only 3 more c4p days left this month,so with a strong finish should end up around the 5500 mark,which would be nice and worth around another £100 to come.
    happy days.

(* *)
       ^
    dev

• edited November 2012
    thursday  29/11/12

part 1 

won £34.00

b/roll  £1,219.49

c4p  95
    total 5159 = £92.86 to come.

nice short session.
    changed thread title to spice things up and give me motivation.
    i think  5k is easily achievable,just going to have to be patient.
    my plan is to carry on playing £3's & £5's until i reach 2k then will consider moving up to the £11's.

back later.
    (* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited November 2012
    thursday  29/11/12
    part 2

won  £20.10

b/roll £1,239.59

c4p  224
    total 5383 = £96.89 to come.

another w and small step forwards.

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited November 2012
    Keep it up Dev
    Nice going !
  • edited November 2012
    Nice running into you whilst doing this challenge...
    Good luck
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: £5 DYM....Target 5K..b/roll £1,239.59:
    Keep it up Dev Nice going !
    Posted by VespaPX
    ty Mick,
    didn't think anyone was reading any more.  lol
    really happy with how it's turned out this month.playing the £5's at long last is now just like playing the £3's,
    and of course giving extra c4p too.
    i'm not sure of the exact returns for both but i'm sure the £3's are well ahead but i'm sure the £5's are giving me a small profit.guessing it's probably something like 75% from the £3's & 25% from the £5's,atm.
    i think next month i will keep a detailed record and then i will have a better idea,even though it is a bit of a job keeping track.
    this month,i make it i have won £350 from play with another £100 from c4p to come,which is my best month so far.next month should be interesting to see if it continues,i think.
    it's been a long road getting to where i am now with the £5's,but i think at long last i think we are there.
    it's all thanks to john connor and his blog,and i am most grateful to him for that.
    i had a refresher read through it earlier today,and i found it interesting just how much more information he gave,than i remember.

best wishes,
    (* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited November 2012
    Nice running into you whilst doing this challenge... Good luck
    Posted by YouMad
    hi mate,
    ty.
    yes i rember seeing you at the tables.
    how you doing?
    been playing long?

best wishes,
    dev
  • edited November 2012

Doing superb m8y, glad you have put the 5k target back in as i think this will help you no end.
  • edited November 2012
      Doing superb m8y, glad you have put the 5k target back in as i think this will help you no end.
    Posted by pomfrittes
    ty pomfrittes,
    yes i think u r spot on.
    didn't include the word 'challenge' though.  lol

best wishes,
    dev
  • edited November 2012
    friday   30/11/12
    part 1

won  £15.80

b/roll £ 1,255.39

c4p  147
    total 5530 = £99.54 to come.

another small win.bit disappointing to lose last two £5 games on the bubble,but never mind.,played ok.
    back later.
    (* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited November 2012
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: £5 DYM....Target 5K..b/roll £1,239.59 : ty Mick, didn't think anyone was reading any more.  lol really happy with how it's turned out this month.playing the £5's at long last is now just like playing the £3's, and of course giving extra c4p too. i'm not sure of the exact returns for both but i'm sure the £3's are well ahead but i'm sure the £5's are giving me a small profit.guessing it's probably something like 75% from the £3's & 25% from the £5's,atm. i think next month i will keep a detailed record and then i will have a better idea,even though it is a bit of a job keeping track. this month,i make it i have won £350 from play with another £100 from c4p to come,which is my best month so far.next month should be interesting to see if it continues,i think. it's been a long road getting to where i am now with the £5's,but i think at long last i think we are there. it's all thanks to john connor and his blog,and i am most grateful to him for that. i had a refresher read through it earlier today,and i found it interesting just how much more information he gave,than i remember. best wishes, (* *)    ^ dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    I dont post much on it but its one of the diarys i always keep an eye on. You,ve done amazingly well and your game must have improved loads at DYM,s

Was just wondering - When do you think the best time of day it is to play your DYM,s - Do you find it easier in the monings evenings etc?