You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Sky Poker Player's Tweaks, Changes and Improvements Discussion Thread - Current discussion point

Comments

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker Player's Tweaks, Changes and Improvements Discussion Thread - Current discussion points at top of OP:
    Proffie...... Catch me in the right (wrong...) mood,. & I'll tell you a cracking story about that "pause" before the river card is dealt.   This is probably not the time & place though.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Is it the one in the main event near the bubble ?  Where the poor guy has to wait about 14 minutes before the river is dealt so the Tv cameras can be there,  poor lad has to fade about 58 million outs , and doesn't :(

Sure i read something like this somwhere, or maybe i'm going insane and made it up.

P.s  Some exaggeration may have been made ^
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker Player's Tweaks, Changes and Improvements Discussion Thread - Current discussion points at top of OP:
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker Player's Tweaks, Changes and Improvements Discussion Thread - Current discussion points at top of OP : Is it the one in the main event near the bubble ?  Where the poor guy has to wait about 14 minutes before the river is dealt so the Tv cameras can be there,  poor lad has to fade about 58 million outs , and doesn't :( Sure i read something like this somwhere, or maybe i'm going insane and made it up. P.s  Some exaggeration may have been made ^
    Posted by 1267
    That was a great story, but no, this was is so much better, & refers specifically to Online poker.

Anyway, apologies for temporarily & slightly derailing Tommy's thread.

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker Player's Tweaks, Changes and Improvements Discussion Thread - Current discussion points at top of OP : Hi Keith. Yes, that all makes absolute sense, though that's not to say I agree with all of it. They are never going to keep everyone happy, it's just not possible. Changes to the "products" are made almost daily, & though I've not counted them, there must be hundreds of variables (different "products") on the Site. In an ideal world, yes, it would be right grand to put all these changes up for discussion, but there are so many, & do you really think that everyone would end up agreeing, or be happy?  It is a business, & the Management are committed to growing the business, & they've done a pretty good job so far (imo). The Business continues to grow strongly, (in a declining market), so we cannot really say that they are not paying close heed to their existing, & loyal Clients, because the Business cannot grow without keeping it's Clients largely happy (it can never keep all of them happy all of the time), & at the same time, attracting lots of new Clients.    I very much doubt that, say, Sainsburys, for example, go out for consultation with all their customers before withdrawing Hovis tin loaves or whatever from sale. If we want to stick to Poker analogies, I don't think too many Online Sites consult before making fairly routine, or standard, tweaks to the schedules. This site does more than most when it comes to (trying to) keep players informed about stuff, (or I think they do) but when they do, it is not always received in a very constructive manner.     Products come & go, it is, in any good business, a constant process to keep the product range fresh. Of course, not all the decisions will be correct, if you or I were to make 100 decisions, we'd be millionaires if we got 95 of them right. When "major" changes are in the pipeline, yes, it gets flagged up, but how do we define "major", as it is all relative? "Not a tweak"? - I think that's debatable. If you consider how many products there are, spread across Cash (by FAR the biggest, bigger than everything else added together, & then some), Tourneys, & SNG's (the last two relatively equal in size), then split all of those down into the three different price bands - let's call them High, Medium, & Low - then changing a single product within those nine segments is just "routine" really.     I'm sorry - genuinely - that you & others are disappointed, & I do understand, but everything is done for a reason, & I'm sure the Business had good reasons to make these changes. Incidentally, those changes are just to the Products - that does not include changes to the platform, which also happen with great frequency. I think 5 or 6 have been scheduled for this month already, with more still to come next week. So "change" is non-stop, & there is so much of it.   If I hear any more on this particular topic, I'll let you know. I'm not sure much of that will appease you, but I've tried to explain things, such as I am able, anyway.  
    Posted by Tikay10

Tikay

Without the want of getting into a debate I know I shall never win, I appreciate the response.

However, I am not sure the initial question has been answerred. Business decisions are made every day, some are right, some are not, but thats the world we live in.

My disappointment stems from the fact that a thread was started with the express intention of telling people about changes in the schedule but this didn't even make the thread.

The £30 rake from tonights roller may well equate to 100 £2 bh players, but if these players are not encouraged to grow with the site, where will next years £30 rake come from!

Short term gain doesn't always allow long term growth.

I am sure that all the players that used to play the aforementioned games have moved onto other games, whether they remain on SKY is something we may never know!

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker Player's Tweaks, Changes and Improvements Discussion Thread - Current discussion points at top of OP : Tikay Without the want of getting into a debate I know I shall never win, I appreciate the response. However, I am not sure the initial question has been answerred. Business decisions are made every day, some are right, some are not, but thats the world we live in. My disappointment stems from the fact that a thread was started with the express intention of telling people about changes in the schedule but this didn't even make the thread. The £30 rake from tonights roller may well equate to 100 £2 bh players, but if these players are not encouraged to grow with the site, where will next years £30 rake come from! Short term gain doesn't always allow long term growth. I am sure that all the players that used to play the aforementioned games have moved onto other games, whether they remain on SKY is something we may never know!
    Posted by kaymac
    I agree with the points you have made on the low stakes tournaments. I myself play the £2 bh's you are referring to, i think its a cryin shame that there has been a need to up the price. The GTD's were always smashed on them, i have played on some other sites but imo sky is the best, and that is thanks to its community and customer base ( although alot of people would disagree im sure.)

Is this all a waste of time or is there any chance that a couple of the bh's can be lowered back to £2. Ive logged on tonight and have to wait an hour to play a tourny that is affordable. Very disheartening.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker Player's Tweaks, Changes and Improvements Discussion Thread - Current discussion points at top of OP : I agree with the points you have made on the low stakes tournaments. I myself play the £2 bh's you are referring to, i think its a cryin shame that there has been a need to up the price. The GTD's were always smashed on them, i have played on some other sites but imo sky is the best, and that is thanks to its community and customer base ( although alot of people would disagree im sure.) Is this all a waste of time or is there any chance that a couple of the bh's can be lowered back to £2. Ive logged on tonight and have to wait an hour to play a tourny that is affordable. Very disheartening.
    Posted by smarr

I fear I am pushing water uphill with a rake (no pun intended)

• edited November 2012
    Ok guys

I left this thread for a bit to let it breathe, I do end up micro managing things like this and that's not what it's for.  I haven't read all of the posts yet but I will do before I continue.  I love the fact people have started debating and the thread is going in the intended direction.  At some point tomorrow (or Saturday in case I don't get to it) we're going to have a reboot.

We're going to leave the current subjects in and add two more.  If you have a suggestion for a new topic please PM me.

Tikay - I'll edit down some posts and send it to you when a subject is closed for feedback as you posted earlier.

I think I've learnt some lessons how this should run and can do this better, more effective.

Thank you everyone.
  • edited November 2012
    Ok, Version 2.0 time.

We're leaving the current points open but I'll be closing one of them soon (point 2 seems to be first on the chopping block, unless it sparks into life).

I really want to push 1 and 3 and they are beginning to find traction.

So that leaves two new slots, we're going to try five.  DO NOT POST SUGGESTIONS HERE Kindly PM me instead.  I will post them all (if they are relevant) at some point although the order may reflect balance of the points on offer.  If they are not correct, have been done recently or such I will PM you back with an explanation.

Ok, PM away

(Dohhhhhh, I've already got yours on my list from your earlier post).
  • edited November 2012

Thanks Tommy for this.....

Tikay - I'll edit down some posts and send it to you when a subject is closed for feedback as you posted earlier.

That will enable me to continue my discussion with Keith. I know he said "it is like pushing water uphill with a rake", but the thing is......

....I NEVER expected that we would end up agreeing - that's hardly likely, given that we sit opposite sides of an awkward fence - but I DO think we ought to be able to understand each other's position better, & so I do want to respond further to him. If we can achieve that, I think that would be pretty good. It's quite frustrating for both he & I, but the debate has been excellent imo.  

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker Player's Tweaks, Changes and Improvements Discussion Thread - Current discussion points at top of OP, PM Me to suggest new ones!:
    Thanks Tommy for this..... Tikay - I'll edit down some posts and send it to you when a subject is closed for feedback as you posted earlier. That will enable me to continue my discussion with Keith. I know he said "it is like pushing water uphill with a rake", but the thing is...... ....I NEVER expected that we would end up agreeing - that's hardly likely, given that we sit opposite sides of an awkward fence - but I DO think we ought to be able to understand each other's position better, & so I do want to respond further to him. If we can achieve that, I think that would be pretty good. It's quite frustrating for both he & I, but the debate has been excellent imo.       
    Posted by Tikay10
    Tikay

I agree that we may not agree, but debate would not be debate if everyone agreed.

However, my comment regarding the "uphill water" was aimed at the chances of the volume of £2.30 bh's being re-instated as there is now nearly 2 weeks since the changes were made.

I fully understand your position - The business is party to a lot more information regarding the numbers than I ever would be, and I fully understand the need to introduce newness and variety. That does not change the fact that the number of lower entry tournaments in the evenings have diminished, but they always smashed the guarantees. 

And surely the business still needs the green shoots to ensure further growth in the future. 
    People always go on about the 10c games on other sites, and the thousands that play these, personally I would rather not play these sites as I much prefer SKY. 

I may not be speaking for every small stakes player here, but I feel that unless someone says something, sensibly and intelligently, the lower end of the site may just be getting the raw end of the deal. Please note, I am not asking for freebies or anything for lower br, just a fair selection of games at a reasonable price. 

My earlier scenario of the BH's schedule is well adrift from where it was previously, and whilst I appreciate it will not return, there has to be a happy medium.

• edited November 2012
    Hi Tpmmy

Is there any chance of the betting box being left on throughout the rounds so that i can put figures to bet without rushing and making errors as i've done before. 10 seconds is difficult when i've just recieved a bet and need to recalculate. Could the betting box have a 2/3 bet box as this is a bet that is now universally accepted on wet flops say. The sliding control can be a bit fiddly to use. I'm sure a lot would agree.
    Is there a better way of using the betting box that people know of from my keyboard using the function buttons as well as number buttons?
    Thank you
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker Player's Tweaks, Changes and Improvements Discussion Thread - Current discussion points at top of OP, PM Me to suggest new ones!:
    Hi Tpmmy Is there any chance of the betting box being left on throughout the rounds so that i can put figures to bet without rushing and making errors as i've done before. 10 seconds is difficult when i've just recieved a bet and need to recalculate. Could the betting box have a 2/3 bet box as this is a bet that is now universally accepted on wet flops say. The sliding control can be a bit fiddly to use. I'm sure a lot would agree. Is there a better way of using the betting box that people know of from my keyboard using the function buttons as well as number buttons? Thank you
    Posted by profman15
    Don't let Beaneh catch you saying that! lol.

The best way of doing it is by just typing in the amounts yourself to be honest, and you should be adjusting your bet sizes according to a ton of different things. For instance there isn't 1 set amount to bet on AT9ss flop because  it depends on the preflop action and the ranges you put the villian on... some will call with ATC, some will call with any Ax, some will only ever call a 3bet with AK and TT+, some will call a 3bet with anything and you want to be getting the most value from the his range, so it will depend... but I've went way off topic.

Also using the betting buttons for raises, 3bets etc is just impossible, so I'd just get used to typing amounts in.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker Player's Tweaks, Changes and Improvements Discussion Thread - Current discussion points at top of OP, PM Me to suggest new ones! : Don't let Beaneh catch you saying that! lol. The best way of doing it is by just typing in the amounts yourself to be honest, and you should be adjusting your bet sizes according to a ton of different things. For instance there isn't 1 set amount to bet on AT9ss flop because  it depends on the preflop action and the ranges you put the villian on... some will call with ATC, some will call with any Ax, some will only ever call a 3bet with AK and TT+, some will call a 3bet with anything and you want to be getting the most value from the his range, so it will depend... but I've went way off topic. Also using the betting buttons for raises, 3bets etc is just impossible, so I'd just get used to typing amounts in.
    Posted by Lambert180
     I want to put different sizes in but dont want to be rushed into itimmediately when its my turn. I could always alter it if i get bet before. I do realise that my bet size may change if indeed i make one if my opponent bets before. I do realise this Paul but thanks for your concern.
  • edited November 2012
    feels like the smaller players are being pushed out, ive been able to play 1-2 tournys a night tops, and even at that im having to sit around for an hour waiting on it to start. I enjoy playing on sky but it is very disheartening that i cant enjoy some poker at a reasonable price in the evenings.
  • edited November 2012

Just after 8.30pm on Thursday night.

Was playing the Bankbuster BH, but the turbo nature means the majority of players are going to be eliminated very quickly. 

Looking around for another game around the same level.

Next £2 bh game is 10.05pm
    Next £2 f/o is the deepstack at 9.15pm

Next £3 game is a Speed rebuy at 8.55pm

Great choice for the lower BR player.
  • edited November 2012
    Do I asked for PMed suggestions.  Total PMs.  Zero.  Marv.

I shall plod on regardless.  Here are the two new topics.  The first was given by Dohhhhhhh earlier in this thread, the second is something I have worded but comes off the back of comments from Kaymac above as well as many players on other forms of social media and by chatting to them, in person and all that.

These continue on from the first three topics.  Please, I'm after all feedback and suggestions from anyone and everyone.  It could be your first post or your five thousandth.  For the time being I will personally promise to reply on this thread to every single relevant opinion, suggestion, idea, complaint or critique with my take on what you have said.  Let's build a debate up and try to give ideas to make the poker experience better of all of us here.  All it costs is your time.

Topic 4)  Should the 500/1k build level be introduced into every MTT on the schedule?

Topic 5)  3-2-1 - A proposed change or addition to the MTT schedule for the evenings.  Between 8:30pm and 9.30pm there should be a new MTT every half hour, one £3+reg, one £2+reg and one £1+reg.  They should also be a BHer, a deepstack or rebuy, one of each a night, and the buy in should rotate around on a nightly basis.  For instance:

Monday:  8:30pm £3.30 D/S; 9pm £2.20 Rebuy; 9.30pm £1.10 BHer
    Tuesday:  8:30pm £2.20 D/S; 9pm £1.10 Rebuy; 9.30pm £3.30 BHer

And so on.

Do you think this is a good idea?  Would you play them on a regular basis if they were on the schedule?

And there we go.  I cannot emphasise this enough, any and all feedback from everyone is very welcome indeed, and discussion is open on all five topics in the opening post.
  • edited November 2012
    well if you insist

4) why not?
    5) I would not play micro stakes regularly - save it for special occasions like DTDs, minis & the bankbusters

PS saw a ****y music video while in the gym the other day. song wasn't very memorable either. the only thing that was was the name of the group, one that i had only ever heard of before on some poker thread - that's right - it was train. Quite happy to never hear of them again.
  • edited November 2012
    Do I asked for PMed suggestions.  Total PMs.  Zero.  Marv. I shall plod on regardless.  Here are the two new topics.  The first was given by Dohhhhhhh earlier in this thread, the second is something I have worded but comes off the back of comments from Kaymac above as well as many players on other forms of social media and by chatting to them, in person and all that. These continue on from the first three topics.  Please, I'm after all feedback and suggestions from anyone and everyone.  It could be your first post or your five thousandth.  For the time being I will personally promise to reply on this thread to every single relevant opinion, suggestion, idea, complaint or critique with my take on what you have said.  Let's build a debate up and try to give ideas to make the poker experience better of all of us here.  All it costs is your time. Topic 4)  Should the 500/1k build level be introduced into every MTT on the schedule? Topic 5)  3-2-1 - A proposed change or addition to the MTT schedule for the evenings.  Between 8:30pm and 9.30pm there should be a new MTT every half hour, one £3+reg, one £2+reg and one £1+reg.  They should also be a BHer, a deepstack or rebuy, one of each a night, and the buy in should rotate around on a nightly basis.  For instance: Monday:  8:30pm £3.30 D/S; 9pm £2.20 Rebuy; 9.30pm £1.10 BHer Tuesday:  8:30pm £2.20 D/S; 9pm £1.10 Rebuy; 9.30pm £3.30 BHer And so on. Do you think this is a good idea?  Would you play them on a regular basis if they were on the schedule? And there we go.  I cannot emphasise this enough, any and all feedback from everyone is very welcome indeed, and discussion is open on all five topics in the opening post.
    Posted by TommyD

Tommy

As this is turning into a me and you chat, lets look at what you are proposing.

The 3 2 1 idea is not my idea of heaven, but there are bits of it that are possible.

Currently DTD3 on a Monday kicks off at 8.30pm and that would affect the Monday night part of the 3 2 1 , however, return this game to every night of the week, as in the old TOTTY, and we have a plan!!

The Orfordable on a Friday night is one of the best tournaments of the week. 10 seater deepstack for £3 (forget the rake atm), re-introduce this every night, Tuesday to Friday, make it a weekly league, anything, to stimulate interest.

The old 8.45 £2 bh always had 150+ runners, even if it increased to £3, it would still be a winner.

This week saw the re-introduction of another site. We have already seen the mains struggling to reach the numbers and over the next few weeks, the challenges will be harder as the other site gets more established.

I want to play on SKY but if the choice is not there, I will go elsewhere. How many others who don't post will do the same.

• edited November 2012
    Hi Tommy

Topic 4) As this is already appearing in some tournaments I think its should be rolled out to them all.  For the life of me I can't understand why there are different blind levels for similar games.

Topic 5) I definitely think that Sky need to do something for the lower buy in players during the evening.  For various reasons I have recently dropped back from the "Medium" level games to "Low" and have been quite disappointed at how few £2 & £3 games there are of an evening, and I'd hate to be a player whose bankroll only allowed them to play at the £1 level. 

Steve
  • edited November 2012
    +1 good post
    Response to Re: The Sky Poker Player's Tweaks, Changes and Improvements Discussion Thread - Current discussion points at top of OP:
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker Player's Tweaks, Changes and Improvements Discussion Thread - Current discussion points at top of OP : Appreciate the response Tikay, but from where it was to where it is now is hardly a tweak! To go from 6 x £2.30bh between 17.50 & 22.05, to the current 3, and increasing the buy-in for the rest without any input from the players is frustrating to say the least. I'll give you a scenario. Player A likes to play the £2.30 bh of an evening. He gets home from work at 5.30, does all his usual bits, bite to eat etc, and just misses the 17.50 start. Hey ho, another one along in an hour, 70 - 100 runners, nice size, but now that is gone, he has to wait for a further hour and sees an extra 300 runers and has to navigate the initial flurry of questionable players to enjoy his game. Early knockout, previously next game was along at 20.45, but now, nothing till 22.05, but to get a decent run and possible cash, you have to allow about 3 hours, but that's too late for normal Joe as he has to work in the morning. Now there are other games available but why would or should normal Joe change what he has enjoyed just because some unknown scheduler decides it needs freshening up without even asking the players!! So Joe goes to another site. Like I say, just a scenario, but if Joe had been asked first, a suitable alternative may have been found.
    Posted by kaymac
  • edited November 2012

4) totally agree. If they were built into the standard tournament level structure, all future new MTT's would automatically have this level.

5) Massive support from me for more choice and more often games for the lower BR players. This though can only be implemented if Sky realises the need for it and it fits into their 'business schedule', which unfortunately going with the current trends, it doesn't seem to be the case.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker Player's Tweaks, Changes and Improvements Discussion Thread - Current discussion points at top of OP, All comments welcome!:
    well if you insist 4) why not? 5) I would not play micro stakes regularly - save it for special occasions like DTDs, minis & the bankbusters PS saw a ****y music video while in the gym the other day. song wasn't very memorable either. the only thing that was was the name of the group, one that i had only ever heard of before on some poker thread - that's right - it was train. Quite happy to never hear of them again.
    Posted by GELDY
    Thanks for the reply Geldy.  Yes I understand you wouldn't play those tournaments, but do you think it's a good idea for those who do?
  • edited November 2012
    Thanks for the responses guys, I will reply directly to each and everyone either late tonight or tomorrow.  I also have a PM from a well respected reg with some very good points to add to the debate.  I need to get grinding right now but feel free anyone and everyone to add more while I'm donking my money off.
  • edited November 2012
    4) definitely

5) I like the idea of more rebuys, but I personally wouldn't be too fussed about it continually changing each night. Maybe a 7oclock £3.30 rebuy with a £1k guaratee would be ok just for a trial run, and the guarantee can be altered after the first few weeks. I think there should be a nightly £1.10 freezeout with like a £500 guarantee. It'd always make the guarantee and it'd be great for the micro players to turn a quid into like £90 or something. 

• edited November 2012
    Hi Tommy

4 yes as stops shove fests and wouldn't hurt anyone's strategy.

5. low level bh's areneeded through evening as with success these players will be tomorrows £11 entries.
    That's why pro teams have youth teams.....because one day it may pay off! Otherwiseyou may lose some traffic to other sites...Seems only sensible...
  • edited November 2012
    Hi Tommy,

Regarding speed/turbo tournaments. I think it would be a good idea to run a number of these after 10.30pm at night. Especially in the £1.10 to £5.50 range and NOT rebuys. I used to really enjoy the £1.10 speed tournament at 10.35pm which regularly had 80 - 130 runners and a £100 guarantee. Sky in its infinite wisdom changed it to a rebuy which cut the number of runners to 50ish and then dropped it altogether which was a shame. This tournament attracted alot of regular low stakes players. Don't know many people at work who want to start playing Deepstacks after 10.30pm, which take around 4 hours to reach a conclusion. I really enjoy a tournament lasting around 90 minutes at this time of night.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker Player's Tweaks, Changes and Improvements Discussion Thread - Current discussion points at top of OP, PM Me to suggest new ones! : Tommy As this is turning into a me and you chat, lets look at what you are proposing. The 3 2 1 idea is not my idea of heaven, but there are bits of it that are possible. Currently DTD3 on a Monday kicks off at 8.30pm and that would affect the Monday night part of the 3 2 1 , however, return this game to every night of the week, as in the old TOTTY, and we have a plan!! The Orfordable on a Friday night is one of the best tournaments of the week. 10 seater deepstack for £3 (forget the rake atm), re-introduce this every night, Tuesday to Friday, make it a weekly league, anything, to stimulate interest. The old 8.45 £2 bh always had 150+ runners, even if it increased to £3, it would still be a winner. This week saw the re-introduction of another site. We have already seen the mains struggling to reach the numbers and over the next few weeks, the challenges will be harder as the other site gets more established. I want to play on SKY but if the choice is not there, I will go elsewhere. How many others who don't post will do the same.
    Posted by kaymac
    Hey Kaymac.

The 3-2-1 idea was far from a cast iron idea.  I fully expected discussion to form it into something the majority of people could agree upon.

Picking up on your points:

I really like the idea of running the DTD3 every weeknight at least if not every night.  This could easily be incorporated in my 3-2-1 idea.

I'm not so convinced with the Orfordable, purely down to the fact it is a ten seater.  Personally I like the idea of SkyPoker being a dedicated 6-max site and I don't know if the numbers can be maintained in it if it's rolled out more often every week.  I more than willing to be shown in the minority though.  If everyone reading this would play the Orfordable most week nights if it was rolled out like that, tell the thread.

You bring up a great point about a league and it's something I would like to expand on.  As many have said to my face and away from my face, I'm a huge supporter of SkyPoker.  But as well as trumpeting their good points I always recognise and express the shortcomings as I see it.  The dissolving of the league system is one of those in my opinion, not so much ending the old one, it was in desperate need of being revamped I believe.  However one of the things that frustrates me somewhat is being told 'new and improved' versions of something is coming only for these things to quietly disappear.  The league system is one of them.  Now a league system doesn't have to start with something for every bankroll, if you want to roll it out for stages I believe you can as long as you start from the micro end and spread it upwards.  A monthly MTT league for <£6 games would be an ideal beginning as far as I'm concerned.  You don't even need cash prizes in them, have a Super roller/Primo ticket for the winner and some seats for the smaller mains for 2nd-5th.  That will get the recreation low level MTTers interested IMO.  That could easily be part of the solution to the schedule we are discussing.

While I don't think the reintroduction of Full Tilt will change much in the long term I agree for a month or two a lot of recreational players who already had accounts there will be giving it a spin.  However while I think this represents a short term dip in the numbers, I always believe you 'fix the hole in the roof while the Sun is shining.'  With popularity going up with traffic here now is the time to make the MTT schedule more attraction and playable accross the board, not when traffic is going down.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker Player's Tweaks, Changes and Improvements Discussion Thread - Current discussion points at top of OP, All comments welcome!:
    Hi Tommy Topic 4) As this is already appearing in some tournaments I think its should be rolled out to them all.  For the life of me I can't understand why there are different blind levels for similar games. Topic 5) I definitely think that Sky need to do something for the lower buy in players during the evening.  For various reasons I have recently dropped back from the "Medium" level games to "Low" and have been quite disappointed at how few £2 & £3 games there are of an evening, and I'd hate to be a player whose bankroll only allowed them to play at the £1 level.  Steve
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    In response to 4) I totally can see why structures would be different.  Most people who regularly play on Sky have a day job and don't want to play through the night.  You need variety, some speed tournies, some quicker games as a middle ground, so slow boar MTTs and so forth.  It's finding the right structure for the right game for the right time and the right buy in.

Can't disagree with much on your answer to (5) though.
  • edited November 2012
    4) totally agree. If they were built into the standard tournament level structure, all future new MTT's would automatically have this level. 5) Massive support from me for more choice and more often games for the lower BR players. This though can only be implemented if Sky realises the need for it and it fits into their 'business schedule', which unfortunately going with the current trends, it doesn't seem to be the case.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    4)  Put it in as part as the default structure or starting point, completely agree.  The blind structure can't be cast iron across all games though IMO

5)  I'll let you into a secret why I started this thread Maxy.  I was quite tired of the apathy and general discord on other forms of social media breed by comments such as that.  This is not a dig at you Maxy, I respect you greatly as you play with a 'straight bat' across the board and don't moan just for the sake of moaning.  But too many people are just happy to be the moaners and won't do the long yards by trying to change things for the better.  The whole point of doing this is to get together the people who want to help the site and help the players on if enjoy their experience much better, find a consensus of opinion and push ever forward.

Thank you very much for joining the thread Alan, having your opinion here can only be a welcomed addition, regardless if we agree or disagree.  I don't agree with the statement I have bolded and I'm going to keep going with this thread with that belief in mind.  I sincerely hope you and many others continue on with me.
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker Player's Tweaks, Changes and Improvements Discussion Thread - Current discussion points at top of OP, All comments welcome! : 4)  Put it in as part as the default structure or starting point, completely agree.  The blind structure can't be cast iron across all games though IMO 5)  I'll let you into a secret why I started this thread Maxy.  I was quite tired of the apathy and general discord on other forms of social media breed by comments such as that.  This is not a dig at you Maxy, I respect you greatly as you play with a 'straight bat' across the board and don't moan just for the sake of moaning.  But too many people are just happy to be the moaners and won't do the long yards by trying to change things for the better.  The whole point of doing this is to get together the people who want to help the site and help the players on if enjoy their experience much better, find a consensus of opinion and push ever forward. Thank you very much for joining the thread Alan, having your opinion here can only be a welcomed addition, regardless if we agree or disagree.  I don't agree with the statement I have bolded and I'm going to keep going with this thread with that belief in mind.  I sincerely hope you and many others continue on with me.
    Posted by TommyD

I respect that Tommy....but.....I will always say it how I see it, and that has often got me in trouble. I am no way knocking your efforts and applaud you for trying to get things at least discussed.

I have always said that Sky Poker would work better with a working party made up of players who could make resonable suggestions and with the help of Sky Poker, get things implemented for the benifit of all.

• edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: The Sky Poker Player's Tweaks, Changes and Improvements Discussion Thread - Current discussion points at top of OP, All comments welcome! : I respect that Tommy.... but .....I will always say it how I see it, and that has often got me in trouble. I am no way knocking your efforts and applaud you for trying to get things at least discussed. I have always said that Sky Poker would work better with a working party made up of players who could make resonable suggestions and with the help of Sky Poker, get things implemented for the benifit of all.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Wouldn't want you any other way mate.