You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Shuv's Punting Diary

Comments

• edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary:
    Westham v Everton 1-2 Leeds v Boro 2-1 Peterborugh v Bolton5-4 Yeovil v Oldham 4-1 Accrington v Plymouth 1-1 £10 pays £1105.11 Am I talking rubbish or did the penalty save cost you 1105.11? as you say all your bets were reduced to singles etc ????
    Posted by vaigret
    Origianlly it was an 8 timer, I removed the 3 games that were called off, the 8 timer would have paid that I was suppose to delete the winnings as well as the 5timer would have paid a lot less, still a three figure some tho so very annoying.

Appologie for no bets being put up today(first day since diary started), didnt get up untill 1.15pm and was in no state to log onto the computer.

Normal service shall be resumed tomorrow
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary : Origianlly it was an 8 timer, I removed the 3 games that were called off, the 8 timer would have paid that I was suppose to delete the winnings as well as the 5timer would have paid a lot less, still a three figure some tho so very annoying. Appologie for no bets being put up today(first day since diary started), didnt get up untill 1.15pm and was in no state to log onto the computer. Normal service shall be resumed tomorrow
    Posted by shuv
    Slacker! :):):)
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary : Origianlly it was an 8 timer, I removed the 3 games that were called off, the 8 timer would have paid that I was suppose to delete the winnings as well as the 5timer would have paid a lot less, still a three figure some tho so very annoying. Appologie for no bets being put up today(first day since diary started), didnt get up untill 1.15pm and was in no state to log onto the computer. Normal service shall be resumed tomorrow
    Posted by shuv
    i think youve earned a couple of days off. punting opportunities wil be minimal with the nxt 2 days being xmas eve n xmas day. come back with a vengance on boxing day.

its a great diary and one of my first reads when i log on. keep up the good work and have a great xmas
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary : Slacker! :):):)
    Posted by Brrrrrrr
    I know sack me :(

From the results I've seen it looks like it may have been a losing day anyway so maybe saved a few quid.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary : i think youve earned a couple of days off. punting opportunities wil be minimal with the nxt 2 days being xmas eve n xmas day. come back with a vengance on boxing day. its a great diary and one of my first reads when i log on. keep up the good work and have a great xmas
    Posted by TINTIN
    See thats the kind of day I'm having, forgot it was christmas eve tomorrow, your right of course will hardly be anything to bet on.

Boxing day got my inlaws comming over, so will be on full tilt, will need a load of bets to get me through the day, looking forward to it.

Thanks for your kind words, Merry christmas to you.

Shuv
  • edited December 2012
    Thanks Shuv, I was wondering how those games produced so much winnings. Wasnt trying to rub the missed pen in. LOL

Congratulations on your run and have a great christmas.

Father V
  • edited December 2012
    Shuv, we can't sack you, it's one of the best read threads on the forum!

Hope you have a great Christmas and no doubt you will have a sackful of Boxing Day bets for us to peruse. :)
  • edited December 2012

The Giant Bolster

Up late so just catching up with the Morning Line on ch.4 +1

I'm sure you've all seen it already, the trainer (or owner or sum1) of TGB says it's a 2 horse race between him and Long Run. 

How reliable is this kind of thing normally? 

It's 4th favourite out of 9, if the above is true then 8/1 is surely a massive price? Can even go ew? Might have a big (for me) ew bet??????
  • edited December 2012
    Morning All hope you all have a lovely day eysterday and hope your all having plent yof bets/beer today.

Todays a hectic day for me wiith the inlaws due in 2 hours, havent started cookin yet so bets will be put up in installments today starting with racing now.  As things have gone so well the last few weeks I've allwoed myself £100 at all meetings today other than Kempton where I've had a bet in every race.

sedgfield

12.10 - Smadynium 10/11 £40 (won returned £76.36)
    13.15 - Billy Cuckoo 3/1 £20 (won returned £80)
    3.35 - Hellorboston 11/10 £40 (won returned £84)

Fontwell

12.55 - Evella 5/1 £20 (No Where)
    2.05 - Queens Grove 5/4 £40 (won returned £90)
    3.20 - Wild Ground 11/10 £40 (won at 6/4 returned £100)

Leoapardstown

12.20 - Ned Buntline 5/4 £40 (won returned £90)
    13.50 - The Boys Dont Know £20/1 £10ew (No Where)
    15.30 - Rough Justice 7/4 £40 (No Where)

Market Rasen

12.25 - Truckers Princess 9/2 £20 (No Where)
    13.00 - Read Admiral 5/2 £40 (2nd)
    14.10 - Roi De Garde 4/1 £20 (No Where)

Down Royal

12.25 - Salsify 13/8 £40 (2nd)
    13.25 - Whiskey And red 6/4 £40 (No Where)
    15.00 - Great Oak 5/4 £20 (3rd)

Wincanton

13.40 - Monkerty Tunkerty 5/2 £20 (won returned £70)
    14.15 - Weekend Millionair 16/1 £10ew
    14.50 - Rolling Aces 10/11 £60 (won returned £114.55)

Ffos Las

13.10 - Kusadasi 13/8 £40 (2nd)
    14.55 - Take Over Sivola 7/4 £20 (No Where)
    15.30 - Benheir 9/4 £40 (2nd)

Wetheby

13.45 - Ballyoliver 9/4 £40 (No Where)
    14.20 - Ski Sunday 6/4 £40 (No Where)
    15.30 - Chicklemix 9/2 £20 (won returned £110)

Limerick

12.35 - Umpact 6/4 £40 (2nd)
    13.05 - Kilcrea 7/4 £40 (won returned £110)
    14.40 - Jennies Jewel 15/8 £20 (No Where)

Towcester

13.20 - Seymour Eric 10/3 £20 (won returned £86.67)
    15.05 - Grouse Lodge 11/8 £40 (won returned £95)
    15.40 - Keep The Cash 6/4 £40 (No Where)

Wolverhampton

14.10 - Majuro 11/8 £40(2nd)
    14.40 - Abbraccio 15/8 £40 (won returned £115)
    16.15 - Viewpoint 5/2 £20 (won returned £70)

Kempton

12.50 - River Maigue 5/6 £50 (won returned £91.67)
    13.25 - Aikideau 10/1 £10ew (No Where)
    14.00 - Poungach 11/2 £10 (No Where)
    14.35 - Darlan 7/2 £40 (won returned £180)
    15.10 - Long Run 5/2 £100 (won returned £350)
    15.45 - Katkeau 5/2 £80 (No Where)
  • edited December 2012
    The Giant Bolster Up late so just catching up with the Morning Line on ch.4 +1 I'm sure you've all seen it already, the trainer (or owner or sum1) of TGB says it's a 2 horse race between him and Long Run.  How reliable is this kind of thing normally?  It's 4th favourite out of 9, if the above is true then 8/1 is surely a massive price? Can even go ew? Might have a big (for me) ew bet??????
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Well Ive had a ton on Long run, cant see it being beat pesonally, Perosnally, (and I hate to put you off incase it goes onto win) The Giant Bolster would be my 6th choice horse in the race. 

Longun
    Cue card
    Grand Crus
    Riverside Theater
    Kauto Stone
    The Giant Bolster

That would be the order in which I backed them, but as I said id hate to put you off a 8/1 winner, if you fancy it back it :)
  • edited December 2012

Maybe just an over enthusiastic connection on the day of a big race, I don't like parting with money so you've given me reason enough to fade the single ;)

Will just put it in the usual bet. 

Done the Father V version of a L15 with stake weighted towards doubles and trebles. 

£10 total in  Singles, ew doubles/trebles/4f on......

£2 ew on....

Punjabi - 28/1 

50p ew double ....

Punjabi - 28/1
    Third Intention 25/1

And.....

Everton 
    Donny (Gulp)
    QPR
    Wolves

£4 @ 16/1.

Same as above but w/ Leeds added for interest in the early kick off. 

£1 @ 63/1.

Thats my £20 donation for today! :) 

gl today all, gr8 day of sport/beer/poker ftw!!!
  • edited December 2012
    Hey Shuv, i heard a certain powerful bookmaker named paddy were offering 4/1 on long run winning, does this offer not stand any longer? 
  • edited December 2012
    Hey Shuv, i heard a certain powerful bookmaker named paddy were offering 4/1 on long run winning, does this offer not stand any longer? 
    Posted by What_if
    no you cant gewt that now :( There offer now is a refund if your horse finishes 2nd to long run
  • edited December 2012
    Maybe just an over enthusiastic connection on the day of a big race, I don't like parting with money so you've given me reason enough to fade the single ;) Will just put it in the usual bet.  Done the Father V version of a L15 with stake weighted towards doubles and trebles.  £10 total in  Singles, ew doubles/trebles/4f on...... Dodging Bullets @ 9/1 The Giant Bolster @ 8/1 Poungach @ 11/2 Aikideau @ 10/1 £2 ew on.... Punjabi - 28/1  50p ew double .... Punjabi - 28/1 Third Intention 25/1 And..... Everton  Donny (Gulp) QPR Wolves £4 @ 16/1. Same as above but w/ Leeds added for interest in the early kick off.  £1 @ 63/1. Thats my £20 donation for today! :)  gl today all, gr8 day of sport/beer/poker ftw!!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Good Luck with all of theese mate
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary : no you cant gewt that now :( There offer now is a refund if your horse finishes 2nd to long run
    Posted by shuv
    Ahh right, you must've missed the 3's on offer at WH this morning too then :(, bit ul there.

Good luck with your punting, 4k profit before the years out? :P.
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Shuv's Punting Diary : Ahh right, you must've missed the 3's on offer at WH this morning too then :(, bit ul there. Good luck with your punting, 4k profit before the years out? :P.
    Posted by What_if
    Would be nice :) Thank you
  • edited December 2012
    Darts

Newton
    Whitlock
    Lewis

£50 returns £161.53
  • edited December 2012
    Football

Everton
    United
    Bournemouth
    Sheffield United
    Gillingham

£50 banker returns £416.66

Tranmere
    Wolves
    Cheltenham

£30 treble retruns £226.80

Blackpool
    Brentford
    Coventry

£20 treble returns £283.50
  • edited December 2012

Just a small e/w patent today on your 3 e/w selections.

Great thread mate......Hope it continues next year.

I am still recovering from 3 days of too much beer but here is a brief account of my 'trip' to Wolves last Friday.

Finished work about 12pm. Went hotel where 4 of us were booked in (in Stoke, no laughing at the back please). Order  a taxi for 2pm to get to train station for 2.30.....train to wolves.....taxi to course....1st race 3.15pm. Well, that was the plan! What in fact happened was that the taxi didn't turn up so we stayed in the hotel bar where we got discounted food and free drinks off the management for the inconvenience. We did however manage to bet on every race.....WH was virtually next door to us! We moved further into the town for the final few races and TBH, not sure how much was won/lost as it all went into a 'pot'. There was over  £200 still in this pot before we hit the meal at night. The pot was empty after we left the Gentlemens club at 4am though :)

We are trying to arrange another Wolves night in the New Year!

Lets all hope for a prosperous 2013 for Shuv and all in punters corner.
  • edited December 2012
    Well it's been a washout on the horses, so for interest in the big race I'm gonna have to go back to the initial plan and have a fiver ew on the Giant Bolster @ 7/1!

WIN PLEASE!!!!

• edited December 2012
    Doh

The stakes must be weighted towards the Singles not the doubles and trebles.
  • edited December 2012
    Morning All

Hope everyones hangovers arent too bad, I was up at 7 for work today so fresh as a daisy, well maybe not fresh but im alive.

Winning day yesterday despite a couple of cockups, didnt realsie Gillingham was early kick off, only team to let my banker down, wouldnt have put them in had I known, only saving grace is id probably have looked for another team and that could have easily been MK Dons, so probably would have lost anyway.

Also for soem reason thoguht the darts were on yesterday, of course it isnt till today, so will include the darts bets in todays numbers.

I was going to bavk every race today but im barely gonig to see any action today, so will just pick a handfull of races from the 6 meetings.

Lingfield

11.45 Saga Lout 4/6 (won)
    12.15 Drawnfromthepast Evens (won)
    12.45 Quality Mark 8/11 (No Where)
    £30 treble
    2.25 Aquilonius 6/4 (won)
    3.00 Captain Kendall 5/4 (won)
    £20 Double (won returned £112.50)

Leopardstown

12.50 Mumbo Jumbo 4/5 (won)
    13.25 Sizing Europe 4/9 (won)
    £50 Double(won returned £112.50)
    15.10 Like Your Style 16/1 £10ew (No Where)

Kempton

13.30 Miss Milborne 7/1 £10ew (No Where)
    14.05 Ghizao 4/1 £20 (No Where)
    14.40 Wishfull Thinking 9/4 £20 (No Where)
    15.15 Brackloon High 7/2 £40 (No Where)
    15.45 Alber Hall 14/1 £10ew (No Where)

Limerick

13.40 Sherika 2/1 £40 (No Where)
    14.50 Days Ahead 16/1 £10ew (NR £20 returned)
    15.20 - Near Perfection 7/4 £40 (No Where)

Wetherby

12.40 Everylasting 25/1 £10ew (No Where)
    13.45 Vizir Destruval 7/4 £40 (3rd)
    14.20 Lease Lend 11/4 £20 (2nd)
    14.55 United Park 6/4 £20 (won returned £50)
    15.25 Seymour Eric 9/4 £20 (NR £20 returned)

Darts

Newton Won
    Whitlock Won
    Lewis won

£50 (won returns £161.53)

Wade Match over 10.5 180's Evens (no good)
    Van Gerwen Match over 130.5 checkout 5/6
    Anderson Match over 132.5 checkout 5/6

£40 treble
  • edited December 2012
    Just a small e/w patent today on your 3 e/w selections. Great thread mate......Hope it continues next year. I am still recovering from 3 days of too much beer but here is a brief account of my 'trip' to Wolves last Friday. Finished work about 12pm. Went hotel where 4 of us were booked in (in Stoke, no laughing at the back please). Order  a taxi for 2pm to get to train station for 2.30.....train to wolves.....taxi to course....1st race 3.15pm. Well, that was the plan! What in fact happened was that the taxi didn't turn up so we stayed in the hotel bar where we got discounted food and free drinks off the management for the inconvenience. We did however manage to bet on every race.....WH was virtually next door to us! We moved further into the town for the final few races and TBH, not sure how much was won/lost as it all went into a 'pot'. There was over  £200 still in this pot before we hit the meal at night. The pot was empty after we left the Gentlemens club at 4am though :) We are trying to arrange another Wolves night in the New Year! Lets all hope for a prosperous 2013 for Shuv and all in punters corner.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    As long as people enjoy reading it and continue to contribute to the thread ill keep it going :)

Shame you didnt make it to the racecourse, but sounds like you still had a good day out, overpriced beer at the racetrack or free beer at the hotel hmmmmmmm its a toughy..
  • edited December 2012
    Despite a failure at the footy again yesterday still was a ncie profitable day, £1500 laid out £1913.25 returned, 4k profit is now in sight, id love to get it for new year, but think thats aksing a little too much unless I start betting silly ammounts.

Daily amount laid out = £1500
    Daily Returns = £1913.25
    Daily profit/loss = £413.25
    Monthly profit/loss = £2855.83
    Total profit/loss = £3603.01
  • edited December 2012
    Despite a failure at the footy again yesterday still was a ncie profitable day, £1500 laid out £1913.25 returned, 4k profit is now in sight, id love to get it for new year, but think thats aksing a little too much unless I start betting silly ammounts. Daily amount laid out = £1500 Daily Returns = £1913.25 Daily profit/loss = £413.25 Monthly profit/loss = £2855.83 Total profit/loss = £3603.01
    Posted by shuv
    SILLY AMOUNTS, SILLY AMOUNTS !!!!!!!

In my little world you are betting SILLY AMOUNTS

lol
  • edited December 2012
    Wolverhampton

17.00 - Invigilator 11/4 £40 (won returned £150)
    17.30 - Rose Garnet evens £50 (got smashed into 8/13 before comming 2nd to 28/1 shot grrrrrrr)
    19.00 - Alfred Hutchinson 9/4 £40 (won returned £130)
    19.30 - Dream Risk 11/2 £20 (No Where)
  • edited December 2012
    Football

2 league games in Belgium

Standard game (won)
    Anderlecht game

£50 over 2.5 goals (won returns £107.33)
  • edited December 2012
    hi shuv

good going so far. what are you fancying on the footie the weekend?

keep up the good work
  • edited December 2012
    Not the best of days on the horses, finished a little down but winning footy and darts bets ensured profit for the day.

Daily amount laid out = £750
    Daily Returns = £881.36
    Daily profit/loss = £131.36
    Monthly profit/loss = £2987.19
    Total profit/loss = £3734.37
  • edited December 2012
    hi shuv good going so far. what are you fancying on the footie the weekend? keep up the good work
    Posted by jongoescom
    Cheers, only had a quick scan over the football ahvent picked anything out yet, I do warn you my record with football on a saturday afternoon since doing this diary has been pretty shocking.  Will try and have a look tomorrow and get my footballs bets up then.