You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Colins

edited January 2010 in Area 51
Talon, Mr_mbro and Aski on my table tonight all called colin, sounds dodgy

surely there should be only one colin per table?

Comments

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Colins:
    Talon, Mr_mbro and Aski on my table tonight all called colin, sounds dodgy surely there should be only one colin per table?
    Posted by HuFlungPu
    Yeah, they were at my table too.heres some of the conversation that was going on.

colin - nh colin
    colin -which colin you talkin about
    colin -the other colin ,colin
    colin -oh right colin,yeah nice hand colin
    colin -ty colin and colin
    colin -yw colin
    colin -yw colin
  • edited November 2009
    Hi All,

Thank you for reporting this incident.

We can confirm that we have system in place to detect any suspicious activities on our Poker Tables. We will report this incident to the Relevant Department for further investigation.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to send this information through.

Thanks
    Sky Mod
  • edited November 2009
    I was observing a table once and I'm pretty sure that it was sextuplets playing.
    That can't be right either, surely?
  • edited November 2009
     Some of the comments were great/
     Nh colin, ul colin
     That was said quite a few times.

Hu is only moaning because at last count the score was Colins 3  Hu 0
  • edited November 2009
    I have a fish called Colin, and a ferret called Brian but as far as I know neither of them play poker on Sky.
  • edited November 2009
    Can I change my name 2 Colin 2??????
  • edited November 2009
    Yes surprisingly Colin did knock me out the posters freeroll , which Colin im unsure but it was a Colin and he was incouraged by Colin while the other Colin congratulated them
    Thought i read somewhere that if you get three Colin's in the same room then its definitely something dodgy going on

How would they like it if they had a table full of Pu's?or even worse Orford's or Phil's? (good at maths always dodgy)

Glad the mods are taking this serious and look forward to hearing what the outcome is

btw wp last night Colin
  • edited November 2009
    very seriously!

• edited November 2009
       I think that it is quite sad that you have brought the mods in because you were outplayed and outcolined last night.

All i can say is that if you keep playing and practising then one day we may let you be a colin too.

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Colins:
       I think that it is quite sad that you have brought the mods in because you were outplayed and outcolined last night.  All i can say is that if you keep playing and practising then one day we may let you be a colin too.
    Posted by Talon
    chuckle
  • edited November 2009
    very seriously!
    Posted by Sky_Rich

I must say that i am disappointed in you and your conduct in this matter.

I regret to inform you that your application to be renamed Colin has now been refused and you are advised not to apply again
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Colins :  I must say that i am disappointed in you and your conduct in this matter.  I regret to inform you that your application to be renamed Colin has now been refused and you are advised not to apply again
    Posted by Talon
    I DIDNT START THREAD JUST MADE ME LAUGH
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Colins : I DIDNT START THREAD JUST MADE ME LAUGH
    Posted by xFALLENx
      The above was aimed at Sky Rich who has shown Rabid AntiColinism and needs to be clamped down on.

At this moment Fallen your application to be renamed Colin is being processed and a final verdict will be made shaortly. It would better your case if you were to provide any proof you have of colinish behaviour for the panel to look at
  • edited November 2009
    Just got knocked out an MTT and when i asked if there was any Colins on the table only one person said "no im Dave"

Obviously there was another 4 Colins siiting with me and they knew i was onto them

iv made notes on these players "Carefull its a Colin" so next time i know what im up against
  • edited November 2009
    I've got a brother called Colin.
    Would this help or hinder a request on my part to become a "Colin"?
    Thanks in anticipation.
  • edited November 2009
    I've got a brother called Colin. Would this help or hinder a request on my part to become a "Colin"? Thanks in anticipation.
    Posted by MereNovice
      That is not a great start because i have a brother and i hate him. But you may be able to prove yourself worthy. Firstly you need to get on a table with Huflungpu, call yourself Colin and take all of his chips
  • edited November 2009
    can i be a colin??---please!---I got a good friend called Kevin. Hope this helps
  • edited November 2009
    can i be a colin??---please!---I got a good friend called Kevin. Hope this helps
    Posted by oynutter
      Obviously you are blissfully unaware of the turf war currently going on between the mighty Colins and the inferior Kevins.

Until you renounce that friendship Colinhood will remain elusive to you
  • edited November 2009

I now have 3 fish called Colin.....there is something very fishy going on here.

thankfully my ferret is still called Brian

• edited November 2009
    I now have 3 fish called Colin.....there is something very fishy going on here. thankfully my ferret is still called Brian
    Posted by elsadog
     Keep up the good work and go and buy more fish
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Colins :  Keep up the good work and go and buy more fish
    Posted by Talon
    One of my fish is American and insists on being called Co-lin. Does this count as a Colin or not.
  • edited November 2009
    IM NOT HAPPY EITHER . I WAS SITTING ON A TABLE WITH A COLIN , I HAD A COLIN RAILING ME AND ANOTHER COLIN SPOKE TO ME , ALL IN ONE EVENING !!!!  AND TO TOP IT OFF , IT WAS COLIN WHO TOOK ALL MY CHIPS AND REFUSED TO GIVE THEM BACK .
  • edited November 2009
      Yes elsa that is fine.

And Mr Pillowman you do not realise that colins do have the god given right to all of the chips and it is only bad beat merchants and whingers who say any different
  • edited November 2009

So if colin was against colin with say AQ v 10 10........would it be a COlIN toss????
  • edited November 2009
      NO that is if you get 69
  • edited November 2009
    nice hand colin
  • edited November 2009

beware of colins in disguise , i have played a few on here who have NILOC as their alias, be warned they are out there
  • edited November 2009
    Come on Sky! Clean up the tables with a Colinic Irrigation......
  • edited November 2009
    Just popped to the local shop to buy some cigs , got my change back , noticed it was £1 short

guess what his name badge said!
  • edited November 2009
    Hi Guys,
    I AM APPALLED, THIS IS BALTANT NAMEISM, for years we colins have been portrayed as down trodden half wits.
    Well my friends REVENGE IS SWEET.
    Yesterday was just the beginning. Three on one table today, tomorrow the world.
    As MLK would have said, I have a dream where there will be no nameism and Colins all round the world can walk with their heads held high, in the knowledge that any number of them can play, on the same table, at any time without fear of reprisals or cheap comments.

name withheld for legal reasons